Weapon procs.

Options
BurningShock - Harshlands
BurningShock - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Archer
Hello, I was looking at weapons I'm quite interested in weapon skills (which seem to be called procs.). So I listed them all down and this is what I got (if the colors are distracting tell me):

Berserk: Has a chance to make the character go berserk, during which physical attack doubles and the attack rate increases, but also increases damage taken.
Sacrifical Strike: Has a chance to inflict double damage at the cost of losing 5% HP.
Bless: Has a chance to increase Physical Attack and Physical Defense.
Blind: Has a chance to decrease opponent's accuracy.
Blood Defect: Has a chance to recover 10% HP.
Comprehend: Has a chance to increase MP by 5% and increase physical attack.
Darken: Has a chance to stun and seal the enemy.
Daze: Has a chance to decrease enemy's evasion.
Determination: Has a chance to stun opponent for 5 seconds but also freeze yourself for 10 seconds.
Distract: Has a chance to decrease opponent's magic defence.
Enlighten: Has a chance to recover MP by 5%.
Faith: Has a chance to recover 5% HP and increase both physical defence and magic defence.
Freeze: Has a chance to freeze the opponent for 3 seconds.
Gloom: Has a chance to greatly increase physical attack at the cost of losing 5% MP.
Holy: Has a chance to recover HP by 5%, and remove all debuffs.
Nimble: Has a chance to increase accuracy.
Pierce: Has a chance to decrease opponent's physical defence.
Provoke: Increase your threat level.
Quicken: Has a chance to increase attack rate.
Regeneration: Has a chance to recover 5% HP.
Revenge: Has a chance to recover 5% HP, and increase physical attack.
Seal: Has a chance to make the target unable to attack for 5 seconds.
Sharpen: Has a chance to increase physical attack.
Shield of Chi: Has a chance to cast a shield of Chi around you which reduces all damage taken by 20%.
Slow: Has a chance to slow the opponent.
Soul Shatter: Has a chance to dispel opponent's positive buffs.
Spikes: Has a chance to increase physical defence as well as return 25% melee damage to attacker.
Spirit Defect: Has a chance to recover 10% MP.
Stun: Has a chance to stun opponent for 3 seconds.
Stupefy: Has a chance to slow target's channeling.
Toughen: Has a chance to increase physical defence.
Unrelenting: Has a chance to greatly increase physical attack at the cost of reducing physical defence.
Wisen: Has a chance to increase character's magic defence.

I'm assuming all of these have a 5% chance of happening per attack, it anyone knowns differently, please tell me. It's thought that these skills rebuff, but don't stack. Also, these procs. are only are available on physical weapons, not magic weapons. However, not all of these are for archers, to help you archers out:
Moonlight - lv 22 bow: Toughen
Lightcatcher - lv 30 xbow: Distract
Solarslayer - lv 61 xbow: Slow
Unicorn - lv 70 bow: Nimble
Spirit Breath - lv 70 xbow: Stupify
Guardian of the Realm - lv 80 bow: Comprehend
Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher - lv 80 bow: Gloom
Flowing Stardust (warsaw) - lv 80 bow: Distract
Soul Freeze - lv 80 xbow: Freeze
Chained Jail - lv 80 xbow: Stun
Broad Land - lv 85 bow: Unrelenting
Fragrance of Moon - lv 85 xbow: Slow
Heaven Seal:Chain - lv 90 xbow: Darken
Abomination - lv 90 xbow: Revenge
Crossbow of Unknown Origin - lv 90 xbow: Darken
Heaven Shatterer - lv 95 bow: Soul Shatter
Elusive Existence - lv 95 slingshot: Seal
Burst of Vacuity - lv 96 bow: Blind
Soul Snatcher - lv 99 xbow: Faith
Soul Crusher - lv 99 xbow: Soul Shatter

Nirvana weapons

Regenesis Nirvana - lv 100 bow: Soul Shatter
Primitive Doubt Nirvana - lv 100 slingshot: Seal
Summit Clouds Nirvana - lv 100 slingshot: Seal

Recast Nirvana

Realms of Stars Illumination - lv 100 xbow: Soul Shatter
Stellar Vibration - lv 100 xbow: Soul Shatter
Jaden Emperor's Defiance - lv 100 bow: Soul Shatter
Abomination of Dragons EX - lv 100 bow: Soul Shatter
Dragonbird Pursuit Highfly - lv 100 slingshot: Seal
Ancestor's Sorrow - lv100 slingshot: Seal

Now just a few questions:

3: Some weapons have an add on called "additional skill" on PW database and ecatomb. Does this mean a random skill, or that they just don't know?

If you have any additions or corrections please post them, thanks.
Infliction - Raging Tide: 99% of bm's go fist/axe end game and they will side with it because thats what they do. I am a pure axe bm and I have as much DPS as a bm with 3.33 APS and +6 Decides.

Kupuntu - Sanctuary: *waits for a response from someone who has done the math*

Okeano - Harshlands: Or we can just kick him in the nuts
Post edited by BurningShock - Harshlands on

Comments

• BurningShock - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    reserved incase I need it
    Infliction - Raging Tide: 99% of bm's go fist/axe end game and they will side with it because thats what they do. I am a pure axe bm and I have as much DPS as a bm with 3.33 APS and +6 Decides.

edited January 2010
    Options
    you can post, the thread is up

• CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    percent rates of occurances would be nice :pp

also, berserk has now become "Sacrificial Strike"
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thanks for the response, i think it's 5% for all of them, but I'm not sure, I'll add it

also I think you mean beserker, theres a big diffrence, I'll change it

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nice list
    O.o
    b:thanks
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks Hamsta, you like the pretty colors? b:chuckle

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gloom can retrigger, in which case it just starts over again.

I don't know about things that apply to targets, like Stun. That might be a case-by-case basis.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dear gm's if u read this, can i get spirit deflect and enlighten on a wep, i'd love that very much, plz and ty xD i could use those badly, considering it'd save me from buying mp pots >.> oh and yes i mean for my cleric >.>
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    Homaru - Harshlands Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Very nice!

I'm pretty sure if gloom restarts the buff, stuns and other effects would do the same.
    b:bye
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Stun is a no since you ca't be stunned while stunned.

Slow and some of the others, on the other hand, do simply restart the buff/debuff timer.
  • MarleGuardia - Dreamweaver
    MarleGuardia - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i want slow, myself, or wisen
    that looks like quite the list
    ~^*^~
    it's a shame that PWI separates itself from the rest of Perfect World, since they are essentially the same game :P
    that would be like saying Grand Fantasia does not have anything to do with Dreamy Journey Online
    again, same f*ing game!!~
    aeria games doesn't have a problem with mentioning either on their forums

cuz i bet there is a lot more info like this on the Malaysian and the Chinese one
    much fancier and more thorough, all the way to lv135+
    oh, well... :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"After all that girl is our Princess Nadia. Marle, that is Princess Nadia, is a descendant of Queen Leene." Lucca talking about Marle's secret
    ~^*^~
    Crossbow wielder with Light Armor and Mag Res Accessories, going Sage^^ & Ice Dmg/Mag Res sockets ~1Str/1Mag/3Dex
    my homage to my favorite video game character *sniff*
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gloom can retrigger, in which case it just starts over again.

I don't know about things that apply to targets, like Stun. That might be a case-by-case basis.

Thanks for the comment, I'll add that buffs probably can be re-activated, thus extending their length, useful to know.
    dear gm's if u read this, can i get spirit deflect and enlighten on a wep, i'd love that very much, plz and ty xD i could use those badly, considering it'd save me from buying mp pots >.> oh and yes i mean for my cleric >.>

I would love that aswell, as I have a cleric too. Alas, it's not meant to be, as weapon procs only show up on physical weapons. I feel your pain b:sad.

• Mercinary - Heavens Tear
    Mercinary - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    as far as I know Gloom has casted for me like 4 times in a row but it does not stack, but it does stack with Titan buff, Spark Buff. So I had 3 of the same design buff on me XD Not sure if it stacks with anything else, I wouldn't see why not considering all 3 of those use the same emblem and usually means the same type of buff.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    as far as I know Gloom has casted for me like 4 times in a row but it does not stack, but it does stack with Titan buff, Spark Buff. So I had 3 of the same design buff on me XD Not sure if it stacks with anything else, I wouldn't see why not considering all 3 of those use the same emblem and usually means the same type of buff.

I figured it didn't stack, but thanks for the comfimation. Some buffs overwrite others, and some stack, its strange O.o

• necridus129
    necridus129 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hello, using the Burst of Vacuity....was told by another that Blind doesnt actually work on mobs

Does blind really not work on mobs?

If so is that the same for the others like

Stupefy, Blind, Distract, and Daze?
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I figured it didn't stack, but thanks for the comfimation. Some buffs overwrite others, and some stack, its strange O.o

FYI, Red Ball damage bonus overwrites spark damage bonus.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    as far as i know, when the buff icon's the same, usually it overwrites...except for str of titans, attack buff from spark, sharpen from certain weapons, those 3 can all stack.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hello, using the Burst of Vacuity....was told by another that Blind doesnt actually work on mobs

Does blind really not work on mobs?

If so is that the same for the others like

Stupefy, Blind, Distract, and Daze?

Im not sure if i am correct, but as a ranged class, most mobs use magic attacks on us. Magic attacks never miss. so blind against a caster class or mob = pointless if this is correct. however, if u are fighting a physical class, it should affect them
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • necridus129
    necridus129 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im not sure if i am correct, but as a ranged class, most mobs use magic attacks on us. Magic attacks never miss. so blind against a caster class or mob = pointless if this is correct. however, if u are fighting a physical class, it should affect them

Well the reason i ask is Alot of mobs in Rebirth Delta are Physical, so i was curious to find out if that was true or not
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    which seem to be called procs
    @OP
    they arent called this, this is just people transcribing lexicon from WOW.its short for procure, from which people are too lazy to type on wow; so... well you know.

youd be surprised how many of these dumb abused internet cliches come from the war craft series, like QQ, proc, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @OP
    they arent called this, this is just people transcribing lexicon from WOW.its short for procure, from which people are too lazy to type on wow; so... well you know.

youd be surprised how many of these dumb abused internet cliches come from the war craft series, like QQ, proc, etc.

It stands for Percent Random Occurrence.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Actually, its Procedure.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Proc

Been around since the dawn of MUD.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Actually, its Procedure.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Proc

Been around since the dawn of MUD.

Hmm... that page says may or may not be "Programmed Random OCcurence".
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    just a throw in, all the internet terms existed WAAAAAAY before WoW, WoW is just a cluster of most rpgs&mmorpgs. same as in starcraft taking all the units from warhammer haha
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Don't listen to WOW kids. The term has been around as long as I have played MMO, that' 10 years back to Everquest, long before WOW was even around, and everyone from Everquest got the terms from MUDS. I've always heard it as process, or procedure, programming terminology for calling an execution. It doesn't have to be random at all for it to be a proc.
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yay MUDs!!

Originally "spec_proc" or special procedure, it was shortened to "proc".

Then, as many words do, it got mixed up with meaning programmed random occurance (or a few others). No, it doesn't have to be random to be a proc, but since the word is usually used to discuss some random chance effect, it's easy to see why that makes sense.

At least, that's what it looks like when you are coding the things.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wow, thanks for all the posts, if not a little off topic, keep it up

• Yakuu - Heavens Tear
    Yakuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ok bringing up an old thread, got some questions... GMs if you could tell us the info or know for sure please post or some how find out the truth for us. D: Anyways, ya know the melee weapon add on-Atrophy right? It reduces attack rate, BUT! By how much %? That is the golden PvP question to kill sins. xD If it's like 20-30% this would work wonders, and I see one to buy but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Plus if what the guy said was true, 5% chance to activate? Idk, but he said that with all weapons and the one that doubles your attack but loses hp (forgets the name I think it was sacrificial assault), but that doesn't make sense I had calamities and boy did it activate tons of times, like almost every 4-5 hits... That's A LOT so the 5% chance thing can't be true for all of them. Again if someone speaks Chinese and can read the foreign sites for us do it to tell us the real honest truth, would be extremely helpful to know. ^ ^

P.S-if someone knows that it works a lot, I see a new item being really expensive to buy. Hehe since it's not now. *hint, hint* xD But we need to find a way to use our old classes to defeat the new OP classes, such as sins. xD I know the sins don't agree HAHA! b:laugh
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Is there a bow available with Sacrificial Assault? o.O I'd kinda like one if there is one available. b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'd like to know what the actual increases and decreases are. Any place to find this info?
    Is there a difference in the attack increase from Gloom as opposed to Unrelenting, for example?
    "Greatly increases" doesn't really cover it lol. I know it could be tested, but a reference would be handy as to what the percentages are.