What Should My Stats Be at For My Level?

Options
jcris25
jcris25 Posts: 29 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Wizard
Hey guys, playing a pure magic build wizard here. I am level 34 and I have lost track of where I should be at. I think every 2 levels put 9 in Magic and 1 in Strength. Thanks for the help guys. Please try and provide the exact answer of where I should be. Again, thanks.

Vit - 13

Str - 33

Mag - 160

Dex - 7
Post edited by jcris25 on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    jcris25 wrote: »
    Hey guys, playing a pure magic build wizard here. I am level 34 and I have lost track of where I should be at. I think every 2 levels put 9 in Magic and 1 in Strength. Thanks for the help guys. Please try and provide the exact answer of where I should be. Again, thanks.

Vit - 13

Str - 33

Mag - 160

Dex - 7

pure magic build simply means you put in enough str to wear your armor, and everything else goes into magic. You really don't need to keep track as much, just keep an eye on your next weapon and make sure you have enough strength for it when you hit that level.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • jcris25
    jcris25 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    not a very good answer..
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It's a completely accurate one, though. As long as you have enough str for your next weapon and have been putting the rest of your status points in magic, you'll be fine. Judging from what you're showing us, I have to assume your stats posted are including equipment bonuses since otherwise you wouldn't have any extra dex or vit.

However, that means even IF the build were complicated enough that you needed to be told exactly what your base stats should be for each level (you really don't need that), we still wouldn't be able to tell you how close you were to it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I follow this formula:

(Level)/2+4 for STR
    the rest -> go to INT (pure int build right?)

but when I was going to reach my 100.
    I re-check the weapon&armor req that is avaible.

gear is capped at 101 -> R9r right?
    but the level capped at 105.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Vit - 13

Str - 33

Mag - 160

Dex - 7

With gear?

str = ((level - 1) x .5) + 5
    It's done that way since you want to know how many times you've leveled. Level 34 means you've leveled 33 times. You want .5 per level so times it by that. You start with 5 strength, so add it at the end.

str = (34-1) / 2 + 5 = 21.5. Round up to 22. You'll add your 1 str point on even levels and your 5 magic points on odd levels because you'll want str added for gear requirements.

Magic = ((level -1) x 4.5 +5 = 153.5, round down. 153.

Adroit's answer was perfectly sufficient because gear will have some +str adds usually, and if you aim to have 55 str at 100 then you'll probably end up with closer to 75 from gear add-ons/tome. In fact, its often recommended to just add 40 str right away for the bit of pdef at low levels when almost all mobs are physical, then never touch str again.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

Vit - 13

Str - 33

Mag - 160

Dex - 7

take all your gear off then look at the points again and post them. Those stats look like gear on. Bonuses from gear add in those stats so I dunno if you screwed up some vit or dex or u have too much str.

now, for the rest of the build:
    If you go full mag wiz you need to have a max dmg output because you have no HP or defenses to tank hits.

What I advise you to do is the following: alway know what your next weapon will be. Look it up in AH or Pwdatabase. Once you know, you put enough points in Str so you'll be 5 STR points away from that weapon.All the rest drop it in MAG until you hit the level to equip the weapon.Then the last 5 points you put them in STR and you're good to go. Next 2-3-4-10 lvls you drop ev

I'll give you an example:
    Ancient Arbor, lvl 60 mag sword, Str needed 34.
    Ashura's Sign, lvl 70 mag sword, str needed 39.

So basically from lvl 60 to lvl 69 you can add all level points to magic, then when you hit lvl 70 you can add 5 points to str and equip your weapon. The gain is that you have 1 extra magic point every two levels. It's not much, but it maximizes damage ouput.

Not this math above is without considering gear requirements, but most of the time you should be ok. As you advance in level you'll start to feel how the char is developing and you're manage your points easily yourself based on gear bonus (str from neck, belt, rings, gear, etc) and how much time you plan to use that gear.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]