edited January 2010
    Couples must be male and female? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Email sent (for one, anyway).

Spoons, very serious question for you:
    How does the contest determine "couples"? It says that only three images can be submitted per couple (one per category), but near as I can tell that's referring to in-game characters only.
    IE: Is it then acceptable to submit two completely different characters to the same category, different categories only, or is it in any way limited by account?
    Ex: I treat some of my characters (McAliber, Dhalani, etc) as actors, for videos. They're all alts, of course, but if I submitted a screen of two of them and it won, it'd be like - no, scratch that, it would be - me winning two serpents. I suspect this subverts the contest a bit?
    b:puzzled
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So one time I did it but forgot how but.... how do you remove all the text/spells/chatlog to take a good screenie?
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    woot i win then :D?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    NUUUUUUU Reds! this comp was made for us QQ, why cant u be in HL we'd have this in the bag b:cry

Spoons i have a Question, may seem uuuh weird, if Reds makes a char on Harshlands, and we do this and if we do win gan we get a tidal on both our mains on Harshlands and her on Lost City xD

b:sad Ascii my Love <3

This could be interesting with the Humorous ss's b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Reds i need juuuuuuuuuu

lol fine ignore me D:<

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Reds i need juuuuuuuuuu

lol fine ignore me D:<

b:surrender What?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Halina - Lost City
    Halina - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yay gonna send now some entries!!!b:cute..
    wlqcqr.jpg
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh I like this idea very much - a lot of fun :)

Plenty of scope for you and your 3 husbands/wives...

I think I have a few ideas for this. Definitely going to enter :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Soooooo, what about those of teh same gender that aren't allowed to be married in game, can we enter?
    I wanna see the Mods handle this question :P . What be-eth the answer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Lifeblow - Heavens Tear
    Lifeblow - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ultimaaces wrote: »
    ok so what about those of us who are alone....where is our contest?

b:chuckle
    You got a point! Good One
    b:thanks
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The way to remove the text above your head, items, etc, just go to the game options and in one of the tabs (the second I think?) has a bunch of checkmarks next to things...uncheck them and hit ok or submit or whatever it is (too lazy to look it up xD).

----

Also to hide the UI for if anyone wants to know, you hit alt+h to make it go away and you can screenshot that way or just hit f9 and click on the 'hide ui' option.
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I took this screenie while holding a friend before tw tonight and I thought of this contest, I havent submitted it yet but what do you guys think of it?

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/439c21026e69285a9c82a800772b6e946c298d37.png
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:sad Ascii my Love <3

This could be interesting with the Humorous ss's b:chuckle

come come Harshlands, ill recycle my harpy wraith material for both of us b:dirty
  • Cat - Harshlands
    Cat - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Same sex screenshots please :P
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    jaeseu wrote: »
    The way to remove the text above your head, items, etc, just go to the game options and in one of the tabs (the second I think?) has a bunch of checkmarks next to things...uncheck them and hit ok or submit or whatever it is (too lazy to look it up xD).

----

Also to hide the UI for if anyone wants to know, you hit alt+h to make it go away and you can screenshot that way or just hit f9 and click on the 'hide ui' option.

But is it allowed? That was my question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its Spooooonnnney =), yay a new contest xD

Havn't spoken to you spooney in a while xD been 2 months Q_Q
    ( I blame University Exams)

Count me in on this Contest ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I submitted my entries. Didn't follow the rules exactly for the first one so I won't win with it but it's funnier than my second one... but what ya'll think?

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m214/Dragonwindspirit/hubbysuspects3.jpg

And this one I followed the rules with... *hopes i'll win*

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m214/Dragonwindspirit/hubbysuspects4.jpg

~Saitada
  • jaeseu
    edited January 2010
    But is it allowed? That was my question

I think what they meant by editing the screenshots is by using another program such as Photoshop to enhance the image that you wish to submit. Like, to add text, more images, turn it black and white, etc etc.

Removing the UI is not editing the screenshot...it's using what the game options allow. If they wanted you to not uncheck the name, title, item names etc. off via game options, then they should've stated that in the rules...because surely by now it's way too late and most likely many people already submitted their pictures without the names, and UI, etc showing...I know I did.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    jaeseu wrote: »
    I think what they meant by editing the screenshots is by using another program such as Photoshop to enhance the image that you wish to submit. Like, to add text, more images, turn it black and white, etc etc.

Removing the UI is not editing the screenshot...it's using what the game options allow. If they wanted you to not uncheck the name, title, item names etc. off via game options, then they should've stated that in the rules...because surely by now it's way too late and most likely many people already submitted their pictures without the names, and UI, etc showing...I know I did.

yeah I guess that makes the most sense.

Thanks for the clarification! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Email sent (for one, anyway).

Spoons, very serious question for you:
    How does the contest determine "couples"? It says that only three images can be submitted per couple (one per category), but near as I can tell that's referring to in-game characters only.
    IE: Is it then acceptable to submit two completely different characters to the same category, different categories only, or is it in any way limited by account?
    Ex: I treat some of my characters (McAliber, Dhalani, etc) as actors, for videos. They're all alts, of course, but if I submitted a screen of two of them and it won, it'd be like - no, scratch that, it would be - me winning two serpents. I suspect this subverts the contest a bit?
    b:puzzled

I was wondering the same thing. Itto and I are planning on marrying our Wiz and Cleric together. Is it okay to submit screen shots of those as well or do we have to pick just one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i protest this. this is an unfair event. not all of us are part of a couple, and therefore not all can participate. this contest is completely unfair.
  • jaeseu
    edited January 2010
    You don't have to be married or anything...or if you wanted, just pair up with your best guy friend and cheese up for the camera. s: Though, I think they'd really want actual ingame couples or whatever to do this, I'm just throwing that suggestion out there.

And besides...you could always try out for the February Calendar Contest which also rewards that Tidal Snaker-thingy.
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i protest this. this is an unfair event. not all of us are part of a couple, and therefore not all can participate. this contest is completely unfair.

Its a couple contest why would you protest? I mean when they did the Christmas paint contest I dont believe anyone that didn't celebrate Christmas protested. If you dont like it don't enter it. Personally I think it's a nice idea. Besides its like the others have been saying its not like you can't ask a friend to pair up with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Yeah! Totally! Let's protest against Valentine's Day too!
    (Satire)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    im the only person on my friend list who is not married. i seriously doubt anybody else is going to opt to NOT enter the contest with their hubby so that he could enter it with me.

and im not a photoshop artist. theres no point in even entering the calendar contests.

also i think the stupid serpent is hideous. it's just the point that this contest isnt fair to ppl who play alone most of the time and therefore dont have partners.
  • jaeseu
    edited January 2010
    It's kind of hard to play alone in this game completely...and surely you'll at least have one friend during your gameplay that you met from instances or guilds perhaps, or random.

And anyway...since you think serpent is hideous (which you could have sold if you didn't want it) and therefore probably not going to enter, then I don't think you should have brought up what you did. Let the people that want to enter but somehow cannot simply find a partner to pair up with for this contest complain for themselves (Can't be that hard finding someone...). So far, I don't think I've seen anyone else bring this up except for you, Vinat.

Sidenote: You don't have to be a good Photoshopper or artist to enter the Calendar Contest, either...simply taking a good screenshot, imo, is sufficient enough...and at least you can get the satisfaction of trying. =|
  • Iridari - Heavens Tear
    Iridari - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have emailed my entry tot he appropriate location

Good luck to all of you.
  • Apocalyptart - Lost City
    Apocalyptart - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i already took my SS i just need the humor 1 =P i hope i win xD well i think we all do =P
  • Elezara - Sanctuary
    Elezara - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its a couple contest why would you protest? I mean when they did the Christmas paint contest I dont believe anyone that didn't celebrate Christmas protested. If you dont like it don't enter it. Personally I think it's a nice idea. Besides its like the others have been saying its not like you can't ask a friend to pair up with you.

I agree, and there's just no point in whining about it, it just makes you look like a little baby, honestly. Like Estasi said, if you really want to enter, ask a friend to pair up with you and kick your creativity into high gear! Looking forward to seeing the entries ~

I get so sick of all the QQing going on in here over virtually nothing (most of the time), that I seldom come in here anymore. It's boring ~ However I do LOVE playing in-game on PWI! Cheers ~
    Go north.... NO Elezara! YOUR OTHER NORTH! Oh Gods you went South!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Saitada for the great sig!