a Sins potential endgame DPS.

Options
Ra_oh - Heavens Tear
Ra_oh - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Assassin
lets pretend for a moment that a sin has most of there endgame gear including demon spark. now theres been ALOT of talk about sins vs fist BMs in dps but for now lets forget about fist BMs. this is purely to calculate a sins endgame DPS.

for awhile ppl have been saying "sins cannot get 5 atk per second" well that is actually wrong. atm without including rank 8 chest and nirvana daggers a sin can get 2.5 atk/second (0.40 inverse). this is not including the daggers or rank 8 stuff (im leaving that out for later and you will see why).

nirvana daggers add -0.1 interval between atks and with nirvana daggers and with demon sparks atk speed this should bring it up to 3.3 atk/sec. this means they are now only -0.1 interval from 5 atk/second.

this is where the rank 8 light armor chest comes in. once you put this on a sin will reach 5 atks/second since rank 8 LA chest adds -0.1 interval. as you can see the rank 8 chest and the lvl 100 daggers play a good role in increasing our atk to 5 atks per second. the DPS if a sin with 5atk/sec would be INSANE. no need to even explain the advantages of a class where all there dmg and crit and etc comes from 1 stat having 5atk/second.

this is because pretty much a BM can get the same ammount of interval gear that a sin has. the only thing is is that fists are -0.1 intervals ahead of daggers. but ppl seem to magically forget (or just plain dont know) the fact that sins can use rank 8 chest which adds that extra -0.1 interval. a BM CANNOT get that chest. the only classes that were are able to get that chest were archers. but now that sins have been added to the game they get the same rank 8 LA chest bonus that archer got. so this lets a sin reach the gap in atk speed that daggers and fists have.

obviously its expensive to reach 5 atk/sec as a sin but it CAN be done so good bye noobsb:bye now all u fist BM fanatics stop hatin on sins and respect the fact that they are better DPSers then u.

if you dont beleive me just add up all the interval gear a sin can get ingame and then add in nirvana daggers+demon spark atk speed boost+rank8 chest.
Post edited by Ra_oh - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• YupYup - Sanctuary
    YupYup - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    atm without including rank 8 chest and nirvana daggers a sin can get 2.5 atk/second (0.40 inverse)

from wich equip are you getting the 0.40 from?
  • Ra_oh - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    atm without including rank 8 chest and nirvana daggers a sin can get 2.5 atk/second (0.40 inverse)

from wich equip are you getting the 0.40 from?

thats what i said... include the nirvana dags and the rank 8 chest + demon spark and u get 5 atk/sec.
  • Death_Tide - Heavens Tear
    Death_Tide - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Very nice finding there. Seriously if BMs with high intervals + Deicide Claws can drop people in a matter of seconds, what would sins do? b:shocked

I can just picture going into stealth mode, buffing up right next to the target, Triple Sparking -> Inner Harmony -> Stun -> Extreme Poison -> 5 ATK/Second DPS with high chances of crit!!!! --> Dead Person
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and what would be the attack speed if you pop up maxed Relentless Courage with a red genie and all points str? b:shocked OWNED
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ouch~~
    eek
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ra_oh - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and what would be the attack speed if you pop up maxed Relentless Courage with a red genie and all points str? b:shocked OWNED

5atk/sec is the maximum atk speed u can achieve in game i beleive. u cant go past that no matter what u do cuz it is caped at 5atk/sec.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Relentless courage could replace triple spark or make a higher attackrate increase possible, as it goes over 25% quite easily with a good genie.

And all you need to catch up to a fist BM is equal gear (including weapons with -.10) and then the rank 8 top. Dagger = 0.80, Fist/Claw = 0.70, and BMs don't get any interval top.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So just a rank 8 armor? Is that all? Well, guess I'll go start doing One-Man Armies for a few years.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Relentless courage could replace triple spark or make a higher attackrate increase possible, as it goes over 25% quite easily with a good genie.

And all you need to catch up to a fist BM is equal gear (including weapons with -.10) and then the rank 8 top. Dagger = 0.80, Fist/Claw = 0.70, and BMs don't get any interval top.

the thing is....

bm's already start with -.1 ahead of sins

sins will (assuming rank 8 top is -.1) still be -.05 intervals short of 5 aps

so ya sins will not hit 5 aps your a spike oreinted class just cast chill of the deep and start one shoting squishies
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    Vorhes - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So just a rank 8 armor? Is that all? Well, guess I'll go start doing One-Man Armies for a few years.

LOL funny stuff man
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so ya sins will not hit 5 aps your a spike oreinted class just cast chill of the deep and start one shoting squishies

With -0.05 Interval wrist guards only, I deal more damage than I do with Chill of the Deep + skill spam. Maybe you'd be right once I can refine good daggers over +8 and spam Earth Eruption. Maybe.

A spike oriented class would have more than one skill that deals more than 100% weapon damage. We'll see what sage/demon skills add...
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    this thread is stupid...

#1 currently, assassins can only reach 2.86 atk/s with full interval (assuming a dagger even freaking has -.1), 3.33 with spark once its added into the game

#2 you assume those dagger/r8 would actually even have what youre talking about. since when do assassins get the same rank gear as archers? this is just a guess, not fact.

#3 you act as if that is normal gear readily avaliable to people. IT ISNT.

now, a dude whos invested a bit of time into pw, can easily get 5 atk/s on a BM with about 400m w/o rank 8 stuff, in which their top doesnt even give interval.

sure, assassins have better advantages as a damage dealer, but there is no ignoring the fact they will only be second best. they will never realistically beat a fist bm, ever.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    this thread is stupid...

#1 currently, assassins can only reach 2.86 atk/s with full interval (assuming a dagger even freaking has -.1), 3.33 with spark once its added into the game

#2 you assume those dagger/r8 would actually even have what youre talking about. since when do assassins get the same rank gear as archers? this is just a guess, not fact.

now, a dude whos invested a bit of time into pw, can easily get 5 atk/s on a BM with about 400m w/o rank 8 stuff, in which their top doesnt even give interval.

sure, assassins have better advantages as a damage dealer, but there is no ignoring the fact they will only be second best. they will never realistically beat a fist bm, ever.

perhaps you should go have a look at the pwdatabase site and see all the lovely rank armor thats there. assasins gear IS in the game already and it does have -.1 on it b:victory
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    perhaps you should go have a look at the pwdatabase site and see all the lovely rank armor thats there. assasins gear IS in the game already and it does have -.1 on it b:victory
    yes, because PWdatabase is always correct, right? afterall, there have been numerous accounts where our own administrative staff has stated it is inaccurate. tis not the bible of PW, no need to treat it as such. fansite =/= actual game information.
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    seriously why are u so worked up bout this...we will do mroe dmg even wit 4attck/s or 3.36....we ahve the crit advantage and thats what dmg is all about when its a dex build. we just depend on our "luck". so it doesn't matter....sins are sins and bms are bms. each with their pros and contras. i personally like my sin even if its not the owner class. simply because its fun. tiring to see all these competition threads. pvp is luck+skill. some has more of one of these and less of the other and so on. u can always win even with this attack rate.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yes, because PWdatabase is always correct, right? afterall, there have been numerous accounts where our own administrative staff has stated it is inaccurate. tis not the bible of PW, no need to treat it as such. fansite =/= actual game information.

it is actually confirmed that the nirvana daggers do add -0.1 interval. and if u played a sin ud see we get the same rank LA gearr as a archers get. and archers have a -0.1 interval rank 8 chest which we will also be getting.

it has nothing to do with the database. just search around or go into the palace urself. or better yet just make a damn sin and ull see what we get.
    this thread is stupid...

lol... what class doesnt need to spend money to be good? 400mill is ALOT of money and most still try to get the rank 8 fists and armor at 100+. its endgame gear and ur spending money on ur char to be the best it can be.

so naturally ull spend money to make ur char better. and BM getting 5atk/sec easily? lol no... u still need a insane ammount of money. i dont know how u come up with the idea that its "easy" to get 5 atk/sec on a fist BM.....

but the part i highlighted in white is particularly interesting and funny. it seems that u just cant accept that when the evidence is there.

seriously negato stop being blind and look at the real facts.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Probably don't need Rank 8 gear:
    Rank 4 Top
    TT99 HA Necklace and Belt
    TT99 LA Wrist and Shoe
    Wing Trophy robe
    Tome
    Nirvana LA Leg
    Nirvana Dagger
  • Ken_ - Heavens Tear
    Ken_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wrong thread
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ya i just checked the forges (since negato cant do this himself) and the daggers DO add 0.1 interval. that AND the LA nirvana wrist also add 0.1 interval. so ya they might not need the rank 8 chest at all.

also for the ppl like negato that seem say "stop assuming and post facts" even tho there assuming that they dont have it lol... here are the pics.

nirvana Dagger:
    nirvanadaggers.jpg

nirvana wrist just for ****z and giggles:
    nirvanawrist.jpg
    this is just a guess, not fact.

now that u have ur facts, i suggest u stop guessing that we dont have it -_- also, just play a sin... u will see that all of there rank armor is the same as an archers rank armor...

so yes a sin can get 5atk/sec and yes when they do they will far out DPS a fist BM.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the thing is....

bm's already start with -.1 ahead of sins

sins will (assuming rank 8 top is -.1) still be -.05 intervals short of 5 aps
    No you idiot, this is where the nirvana pants come in.

0.80 base
    Dagger - 0.10 (.7)
    Tome - 0.05 (.65)
    Cape - 0.05 (.6)
    Lionheart - 0.05 (.55)
    Ashura - 0.05 (.5)
    Gaunts - 0.10 (.4)
    Pants - 0.05 (.35)
    Top - 0.10 (.25)

And guess what happens when you triple spark with 0.25 interval? I hope I don't need to spell it out for you.
    this thread is stupid...

See above... you could even recast the dagger till it had an extra 0.05 interval, lol. But being able to zerk seems better to me...
    Majority of information regarding gear bonuses is accurate. Even if percentages often aren't, everything else pretty much is when up-to-date. And sadly for you it's pretty much confirmed that rank armor has interval.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    purely compairing atkspeed...problem solved:

use daggers for stealth/buff next to target/stun change to fist pewpewpewpepwepwepwpewpew...OMGZ!b:shocked
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dont need to change to fist at all o.o. the point is sins can get 5 atk/sec while using daggers. and in that case sin DPS>fist BM DPS. by a large margin even.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And guess what happens when you triple spark with 0.25 interval? I hope I don't need to spell it out for you.

Q_Q
    you broke teh scouter.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Q_Q
    you broke teh scouter.
    b:surrender

don't tell me its over 9000!!!b:shocked
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Are you even considering the bonus set of gold TT99 gold Light Armor? I'm sure you get extra intervals for having few pieces. I just don't remember the links i used to have on PW-MY where they listed all the set bonuses.

If anyone knows a website that list armor set bonuses please link it. b:thanks
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Are you even considering the bonus set of gold TT99 gold Light Armor? I'm sure you get extra intervals for having few pieces. I just don't remember the links i used to have on PW-MY where they listed all the set bonuses.

If anyone knows a website that list armor set bonuses please link it. b:thanks
    Lionheart - 0.05 (.55)
    Ashura - 0.05 (.5)
    Yes, both give 0.05 interval at 2/6 or more pieces.

Don't know any site, but both sets also give 15 vit at 4/6 and 3% crit at 6/6. It's the same for arcane except for -3% channeling instead of interval.
  • NPH - Harshlands
    NPH - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because rank 8 and nirvana gear are so easy to get..But, do sin's have a wep that has zerk on it, I know fist do, but not sure aot daggers?
  • Nightwhisper - Harshlands
    Nightwhisper - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Does demon spark give 25% increase in attack speed before -int equips are taken into consideration? Or does it happen after?

For example:
    0.8 (dagger)
    -0.2 (25% from demon spark - of 0.8)
    -0.1 (wrists)
    -0.05 (cape)
    -0.05 (rank 4)
    0.4 -> 2.5 attacks/sec

vs....
    0.8 (dagger)
    -0.1 (wrists)
    -0.05 (cape)
    -0.05 (rank 4)
    -0.15 (25% from demon spark - of 0.6)
    0.45 -> 2.22 attacks/sec

anyone that has -int gear and demon spark could test this...
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because rank 8 and nirvana gear are so easy to get..But, do sin's have a wep that has zerk on it, I know fist do, but not sure aot daggers?

dang????
    zerk on daggers would just be overpowered right there...
    what with their already high crit chance....
    b:sweat
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BurningShock - Harshlands
    BurningShock - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Does demon spark give 25% increase in attack speed before -int equips are taken into consideration? Or does it happen after?

For example:
    0.8 (dagger)
    -0.2 (25% from demon spark - of 0.8)
    -0.1 (wrists)
    -0.05 (cape)
    -0.05 (rank 4)
    0.4 -> 2.5 attacks/sec

vs....
    0.8 (dagger)
    -0.1 (wrists)
    -0.05 (cape)
    -0.05 (rank 4)
    -0.15 (25% from demon spark - of 0.6)
    0.45 -> 2.22 attacks/sec

anyone that has -int gear and demon spark could test this...

I got into an argument with Elenacostal (an archer) about this, it turns out its not increase attack spped, but really decrease attack duration. It may be a translation error, this site has everything you ever need to know on the matter http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279561

P.S. don't argue with the archers... it never ends well
    Infliction - Raging Tide: 99% of bm's go fist/axe end game and they will side with it because thats what they do. I am a pure axe bm and I have as much DPS as a bm with 3.33 APS and +6 Decides.

Kupuntu - Sanctuary: *waits for a response from someone who has done the math*

Okeano - Harshlands: Or we can just kick him in the nuts