a Sins potential endgame DPS.

Options
124»

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No skills doesn't matter since for pretty much all high attack/sec builds, maximum damage comes from fast regular attacks, not from slow skills.

From my understanding of the p.atk equation, sparks and melee mastery get added the same way. So the p.atk modifier (i.e. assuming same weapon and rings) per hit would be:

Sage veno = 1 + str/150 + 2 (melee mastery) + 5 (triple spark) = 8 + str/150
    Demon veno = 1 + str/150 + 1.5 + 6.5 = 9 + str/150
    Demon BM = 1 + str/150 + 0.75 + 5 = 6.75 + str/150

So per hit the veno would do more damage.

However with full interval gear and -0.1 fists as described, a veno can only achieve 3.33 atk/sec (0.3 sec interval) since veno triple spark doesn't give an attack speedup. Furthermore, at 3.33 atk/sec, the veno needs 22.5 sec to generate 3 sparks, so is only spending 67% of the time triple sparked. So per second, the numbers break down thusly:

Sage veno: 3.33 * [ 0.67*(8+str/150) + 0.33*(3+str/150) ] = 21.1 + str/45
    Demon veno: 3.33 * [ 0.67*(9+str/150) + 0.33*(2.5+str/150) ] = 22.8 + str/45
    Demon BM: 5 * (6.75 + str/150) = 33.75 + str/30

So both the constant term and str term are greater for a BM than a veno, meaning all other things being equal, a BM will do more DPS.

Disclaimer: My main is a heavy veno that I'm loading up with -interval gear (now that I can transfer it to alts via the account stash). So I would really like it if venos had higher melee DPS than BMs. But it just isn't so.

relentless courage on a STR geni

and i belive veno spark works for both channeling and interval damage may be wrong though

and STR has the same damage add for all classes regarding physical attack
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Xinru - Lost City
    Xinru - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    nm, thought u were talking about sins >.>
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    honestly bms that dont accept that assassins have higher dps are ****

shut the QQ bms

at least bms arent one shots
  • BoozeLover - Dreamweaver
    BoozeLover - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mee just a liittle neewbiie...Anyway I am currently using fist as main path(going all 4 eventually) I bring the fact that HAS been in many topics..do sin got all skills yeat? meaning they might get some nice skill that definitely out dmg BM b:shocked

But then why do most of the ppl think that "hey you use fist so you are just fist BM" BM's are versatilely and as above poster mentioned we use HA giving more survivability.

BM CAN and SHOULD use more than 1 path, sins will never take BM's place even if they out dmg/have higher DPS then just fist BM

thanks and yes I think sins NOT **** will be serious endgame DD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i would never replace a bm with a sin, more like putting both into the squad.

aoe e-poison & aoe curse is teh most awesome thing i've ever seen
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    i would never replace a bm with a sin, more like putting both into the squad.

aoe e-poison & aoe curse is teh most awesome thing i've ever seen

exactly. my hats off to u sir for seeing how well a sin and BM combo can work in parties. it is extremly devastating for sins and fist BMs to work together. blood paint and subsea strike+heavens flame is nothing to be laughed at.

i always did think BMs and sins should always work and be together in a squad at any given time. we should end the fued and hug each other. b:kiss
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i always did think BMs and sins should always work and be together in a squad at any given time. we should end the fued and hug each other. b:kiss

Yes, "hug". Not that BMs have a dagger-sized weakness in the back of their armor or anything...now lemme just put my dagger-wielding arms around you and-
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so yes a sin can get 5atk/sec and yes when they do they will far out DPS a fist BM.

DPS + crit is painful, but not difficult to over come. I like having competition for the title of "fastest DPS in the game" personally. b:pleased

But as Bm I never built myself with the intention to deal fast damage, its a factor, yes, but was never my true goal. My goal, as with any bm, should be lock up your opponent while doing fast dps. While sins are pretty good at Locking down an enemy, with sleep, seal, Immobile, 2 stuns, a slow skill and a cloak.

Bm's still rule in this department with the highest amount of lock out, and interrupt skills in the game, and thats where our true strength is, not our speed of attack, posessing a total of 10 Immobilization/hinderance skills before reaching arisen or fallen state. 3 stuns (1 aoe), an enormous (12 meters) aoe slow/slowattack/slowchannel/immobilize which no other class posesses, an interrupt, a ranged seal attack, and a skill that increases channel time, a 2 skills that reduce run speed, and a skill that decreases damage.

We also posess the most feared skill in the game, the Dreaded Heaven's flame. Making any and all in its 12 meter aoe suffer double damage, And comparing a skill subsea Strike to this, its the difference in being hit by a truck (aka Heaven's flame) and a twinky (Subsea Strike with 30% increase in inflicted dmg). as well as Myriad sword stance, which reduces damage dealt by enemies in the same range by 50%.

While our DPS is a plus, its not our true strength, maximizing the time you cant fight, and increasing the damage we inflict upon you, while reducing the damage we absorb, is our true prowess.

Not saying I dont enjoy my Assassin, with his ability to heal rapidly and twitchy methhead attack speed, and damage; but just reminding people the differences between these two very different classes.

Also compare natural skill and talents on both trees before armors, while its possible for both, BM's have a natural skill that increases attack speed before demon, while Assassins, DO NOT.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Endrnz - Dreamweaver
    Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    a little?

160mill for tome
    50 mill for claws
    50 mill for cape
    roughly 150 mill for a TT99 gold spilt set

thats all we need

you need recasted legs and recasted tt 99 daggers AND rank 8 on top of that ... thats not a LITTLE *facedesk*

on another note i have stated from the START that the new classes have their own niche its the

sins caliming to be dps when their made for spike/control

its the psys claiming thier spike when their dps/utility

its actually possibal for venos to get 5 aps to with a higher DPS than any in gameb:chuckle but does that mean its PRACTICLE

and yes dagger animation is longer than fist strikes by almost .2 seconds

Hmm, are you an idiot??

Read the thread title "a Sins potential endgame DPS"

We are just talking hypothetical, yes even IF it does cost $4000 real cash...why NOT spend it if you have it? Think of it like this, people bought PS3's and Xbox 360s for $600 when they first came out + probably have atleast 20+ games which all cost $50-60 = $1200...so spending $1800 on a game system is okay?

Also MANY people play these games for a LONG time if not their whole lives and if you have fun dropping people and OWNING everyone in PvP/PK and thats what you enjoy (and this is your hobby) GO SPEND THE F--KING money.

There are MANY MANY MANY hobbies that can cost OVER $4000, so if you really are passionate about the game and think you will play it for a long time WHY NOT spend it IF YOU HAVE IT?

Well getting back on track, did the person who made thread say ANYTHING about it being expensive? No, so stop pointing out negatives in getting sin to 5atks/sec just because you cannot make one. I am sure if you were the one to spend $4000 + you would be on the other side of the spectrum and yes would say yes sin is TRULY the best DPS class end-game, rather than impling it is not, by showing the flaws to getting 5atks/sec.

BMs TRULY shine in PvP/PK with their Stun locking abilities, I mean sure if you have 5atks/sec with BM you PAWN but in DPS ALONE Sin is truly the best. Also a BM is most deadly when he/she is able to use ALL 4 weapons which usually by end-game is possible.

Also this post is by no means of me saying sins are superior (they are in DPS, which is what this thread was created for) but BMs have MANY strengths that a sin cannot have, and as many people in the thread mentioned sin + BM combo is DEADLY and yes it really is. So to all BMs, jus admit sins have the POTENTIAL to be a better DPSer and sins well keep doing what you are doing, and remember BMs are just as deadly if not deadlier in PvP if they know how to hande themselves.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hey the butthurt BMs need to come up with SOMETHING that makes them look less bad. Let the idiots talk.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • BoozeLover - Dreamweaver
    BoozeLover - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hey the butthurt BMs need to come up with SOMETHING that makes them look less bad. Let the idiots talk.

ouch I feel offended b:sad

anyway yes this was 99% certain to get ppl angry, also why OP only compared Fist BM and Sin....well guess rest classes except fist BM, Sin, Barb and Cleric are just screwedb:shocked cause they can't deal dmg at endgame.

But back to topic theoretically IT IS possible for sin to get 5 hit/s but it hasn't yeat made..ofc they MIGHT deal more dmg than BM with less than 5 hit/s...ppl lets just see how things turn out.

and even if sin get skill that makes them shoot lightning from their butt that deals deadly 1shot I still stay BM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

advanced revenge claws + recast leggings

sins would have to out DD an = level bm by 60% at the least (assuming adv revenge only has a increased proc rate)

and yes sorry was mistaken about ocult ice in my earlier postsb:surrender

also sin attack cap may still be below 5 aps but yes they can spend n obscene amount and get it on paper
    Gifs are hard to make work here