Patch Preview 1/20/2010

Options

Comments

• Marmut - Heavens Tear
    Marmut - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So having to pay 3mill per run, helps? It pretty much tells me, grind more, or use real life $ to pay for every run.

coin sink b:cute
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Maybe PWI is trying to be also working class friendly by compromising with shorter instances than dumping everything in boutique cause pple QQ? Cause im pretty sure if you live with a family, work, take a bath, and eat breakfast/lunch/dinner, unless you hermit yourself in your room and prio game over family/friend interaction, its very unrealistic to do such an instance over and over to get your gear. College days? hell ya i had all that time for sure. Now? Not unless i seriously give up every single daily

Never said they weren't but even working, having a family, and doing RL stuff I still have time to work a lunar run in weekly. Our squad made the dates and started them early in the day to finish before it got too late at night.

One of our clerics and our barb have 2 kids, work, and they still had time to do a run all the way to Relic of Wind in one night. That's why I say its possible and can be done.

Its not only about "having the time" as we always make sure to allow plenty of time to get through all valleys, but with the same squad repeating the instance, it gets faster each go. We shortened our runs by far compared to the first time it took us to run a lunar squad mode.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    coin sink b:cute

If you've got it to use then yes. But those of us working our butts off, who don't spend the money from RL, or who use all the money they get for the skills they have and the utilities they need, generally DON'T have that coin to sink.

FYI, we're not in a TW faction. Nor do we want to be in one. If that makes it so we can't do Lunar, than guess who this game caters to.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i see no mention of naked'ness fix in there sigh -_-
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So having to pay 3mill per run, helps? It pretty much tells me, grind more, or use real life $ to pay for every run, or becoming a farmer. Either way its still wasting your life in lunar, but now you have to farm/grind for 3mill as well as charms etc, unless you want to waste real money on charms >.>. I rather use that money on feeding my family, or something.
    Nobody stated a single person will pay had to pay the 3M. Seems your argument is more if this update satisfies YOU and the pple that have YOUR values, not any middle path, ignore the ones who dont have the time but leave the instance free for u cause you do.

Never said they weren't but even working, having a family, and doing RL stuff I still have time to work a lunar run in weekly. Our squad made the dates and started them early in the day to finish before it got too late at night.

One of our clerics and our barb have 2 kids, work, and they still had time to do a run all the way to Relic of Wind in one night. That's why I say its possible and can be done.

Its not only about "having the time" as we always make sure to allow plenty of time to get through all valleys, but with the same squad repeating the instance, it gets faster each go. We shortened our runs by far compared to the first time it took us to run a lunar squad mode.
    Certainly possible. but not plausible. Somethings wrong if you need to get a near static with a pre-arranged schedule every week just to farm mats for gear thats only 1 grade higher than TT. Hell even nirvana is shorter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nobody stated a single person will pay had to pay the 3M. Seems your argument is more if this update satisfies YOU and the pple that have YOUR values, not any middle path, ignore the ones who dont have the time but leave the instance free for u cause you do.

Certainly possible. but not plausible. Somethings wrong if you need to get a near static with a pre-arranged schedule every week just to farm mats for gear thats only 1 grade higher than TT. Hell even nirvana is shorter.

1. The preview said the Leader must pay 3 million coins. Equally split I believe that amounts to ~500k per squad member if a full party of 6.

2. We choose the date that is best for everyone, so as not to be interrupted. Just as you have the choice to go TT then Nirvana. Why is there something wrong with a choice to make a date instead of being spontaneous? What does that mean anything is wrong? Just because it doesn't fit your logic and we don't think like you do?

Nirvana is shorter cause more people do it... and you only need like 100 pieces or some such to upgrade an equip.

But its fair to say that Lunar in its complexity, is similar to gathering TT mats, including the Gold. You go do TT for 6+ hours a day to get your gear (yes people do that in big guilds, I've done it before and I hear about it allllllll day from my friends in big guilds). So what's the difference if I wanna spend that 6+ hours getting pieces for my Lunar gear? WHICH btw has better stats on the pieces I want than any TT99 gold I could hope to want. Thus was my choice to go Lunar green then Gold.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    oo Deceptipoo all worked up makes Qui chuckle :3

go Deceptipoo go!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

1. Having a full lunar run now, and having to grind 500k per run. Will equal out the same in wasted time.

2. Never once said a faster lunar run is bad, just easier is boring. Does not give satisfaction of working hard.

3. Not everyone has money to throw around, I am not a cash shopper, I have a family to feed, instead of buying pixel items.

The whole fight about this is the price, if they make it 300k, or like warsong 2 mirage per person. Then it will be better. I am done with this thread, if you want to argue more, reach me on heavens Tear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    uh working hard? you already saw where that got people before anniv packs. from what i hear, there was 1 person on sanct that could've had a lunar gold ring if she/he chose to chip some mats, would've been the first to have one, then packs came out.

working hard already got violated in every way possible. you seem to hope that it still exists in some isolated pockets of the game but lol no, they'll violate even that eventually
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    uh working hard? you already saw where that got people before anniv packs. from what i hear, there was 1 person on sanct that could've had a lunar gold ring if she/he chose to chip some mats, would've been the first to have one, then packs came out.

working hard already got violated in every way possible. you seem to hope that it still exists in some isolated pockets of the game but lol no, they'll violate even that eventually.

Nah. It only violates it if you let it. The rest of us that wanna work hard are already doing so :P We've got lots of pieces, Golds included.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol whats wrong w/ u all? Since the new BH system has come out in addition to FC it makes leveling so much easier literaly. Also dont forget the tournament system, i won the 8x one at lvl 88 and got 50% of my level. Whats the point of spending all that time in Lunar for armro that is sub par to TT armor anyway? As far as Heavy Armor users go i see no need for Lunar glade gear. better to start farming TT99 armor at 95 than go w/ lunar. the only use i see for lunar is for the weapons, and tbh its better just to buy it then farm it. Lunar gold requires alot of effort and runs that take up to much time. You're better of farming TT for the coin to buy the weapon. another posted pointed this out as well. You have to work hard for lunar so the rewards should be worth it, they didnt make the armor better just the run easier.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol whats wrong w/ u all? Since the new BH system has come out in addition to FC it makes leveling so much easier literaly. Also dont forget the tournament system, i won the 8x one at lvl 88 and got 50% of my level. Whats the point of spending all that time in Lunar for armro that is sub par to TT armor anyway? As far as Heavy Armor users go i see no need for Lunar glade gear. better to start farming TT99 armor at 95 than go w/ lunar. the only use i see for lunar is for the weapons, and tbh its better just to buy it then farm it. Lunar gold requires alot of effort and runs that take up to much time. You're better of farming TT for the coin to buy the weapon. another posted pointed this out as well. You have to work hard for lunar so the rewards should be worth it, they didnt make the armor better just the run easier.

Lunar Gold is re-castable. And since when is STR, DEX, and VIT (Hp too) not wanted by Blademasters Oo

I've seen TT99 gold, if you had read my previous post, you will see Lunar Gold gear is more ideal than TT given the stats. You can't get Def Level on TT99 Gold can you? So which would I rather have, added water resist alone, or +2 Def Level? (Just an example).

But since you all seem to think TT99 Gold is best, you can go ahead with it and I'll stay on my path for as long as the GMs/Devs will allow Lunar to be farmable. We will all agree to disagree since you all do not see my point nor do I see yours.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I can understand why they might want to make lunar easier and that being they want to give people more gear options to upgrade at nirvana forges.

But I agree that the 3mil fee is a bit steep
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hurray longer skill duration for the psychics...

but will we know which skills had their agro values reduced or increased? I'v been using a combo of skills to keep agro while tanking for my BH's.. it would suck to loose this agro control :(
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hurray longer skill duration for the psychics...

but will we know which skills had their agro values reduced or increased? I'v been using a combo of skills to keep agro while tanking for my BH's.. it would suck to loose this agro control :(

I think it would be decrease. I've experienced some very odd aggro stealing even being at super low level compared to squad mates. Others have as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i see no mention of naked'ness fix in there sigh -_-
    I don't see any real fixes there, period. a few minor changes, new stuff added to break more things, but no fixes. and you just KNOW more fashion is coming with it...
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lunar Gold is re-castable. And since when is STR, DEX, and VIT (Hp too) not wanted by Blademasters Oo

I've seen TT99 gold, if you had read my previous post, you will see Lunar Gold gear is more ideal than TT given the stats. You can't get Def Level on TT99 Gold can you? So which would I rather have, added water resist alone, or +2 Def Level? (Just an example).

But since you all seem to think TT99 Gold is best, you can go ahead with it and I'll stay on my path for as long as the GMs/Devs will allow Lunar to be farmable. We will all agree to disagree since you all do not see my point nor do I see yours.

that's understandable for you, if you're getting robie gear. for heavies and light armor there are set bonuses that are very valuable and very worthwhile (-interval)

i suppose you can get wrist and 1 other piece for the -channel than go for lunar for the rest, but the TT99 orns especially aren't worth it.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Skill Change

1- Psychic's White and Black Voodoo have had their duration changed from 60 to 900 seconds.

2- Lowered the aggro/hate values of both Psychic and Assassin skills.

3- Soul of Vengeance and Soul of Silence have undergone the following changes:
    1)Duration increased to 10 minutes.
    2)Cooldown increased to 10 minutes.

1- really good if the cooldown is not changed
    2- we can finaly use black voodoo without agroing? not clear
    3-1) good anoter increase buff
    3-2) hmm can be really bad

but what about soul of vengenace leveling effect?
    but what about soul of retaliation leveling effect?
    but what about the 2 other soul levleing effect ?
    but what about..euh? ... skills lv 79, demon/sage skills and culti, more hh weapons, .....

average tideborn population on lost city is getting close to 79 if not already over it
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In a way that 3mil fee to enter lunar will help taking coins out of the system (or whatever ppl call it lol), since most ppl at 9x are the ones that have so much money and I bet alot of ppl will want to try out and farm lunar if it will really get easier :p In the end of the day getting lunar through farming will b more expensive then buying a lunar weapon from other players though ;)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In the end of the day getting lunar through farming will be more expensive then buying a lunar weapon from other players though ;)
    yea, that's gonna backfire
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    3-2) hmm can be really bad

Soul of Vengeance and Soul of Silence have undergone the following changes:

- These skills no longer share a cooldown.

- Duration increased to 10 minutes.

- Cooldown increased to 10 minutes.

- Effects of these skills are no longer dispelled by death.

So the cooldown doesn't matter at all..or am I misunderstanding this? o:

Anyways, making those 2 skills usable at the same time is a rly nice boost for PvP

Soul of Silence: Lvling increases range, right? So getting more range means that ranged attackers will be silenced within that range (how many times did I use the word range now? xD). So staying out of that range will grant a immunity to this skill...obviously xD And the higher u lvl it, the harder it gets for the attacker to get enough range.

At least that's what I thought, lol.
    But haven't tested it cuz my Psy is too low and I haven't lvled this skill over 1 yet.

Correct me if I was talking sh**, I'm so sleepy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not only do the GMs not care about players concerns but they use censorship as a method of avoiding a responce. Glad to know my post wasnt shown due to "sensitive words".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Soul of Vengeance and Soul of Silence have undergone the following changes:

- These skills no longer share a cooldown.

- Duration increased to 10 minutes.

- Cooldown increased to 10 minutes.

- Effects of these skills are no longer dispelled by death.

So the cooldown doesn't matter at all..or am I misunderstanding this? o:

Anyways, making those 2 skills usable at the same time is a rly nice boost for PvP

Soul of Silence: Lvling increases range, right? So getting more range means that ranged attackers will be silenced within that range (how many times did I use the word range now? xD). So staying out of that range will grant a immunity to this skill...obviously xD And the higher u lvl it, the harder it gets for the attacker to get enough range.

At least that's what I thought, lol.
    But haven't tested it cuz my Psy is too low and I haven't lvled this skill over 1 yet.

Correct me if I was talking sh**, I'm so sleepy

no the range on the skill is the distance between you and the person you are buffing. The range has nothing to do with how far your opponent is attacking away from you.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yes it s the range you have to be to buff someone, anyway i can t wait for this
    the new duration of buff looks awesome, same for the "no longer shared cooldown" b:laugh
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    - A Fitting Room has been added to the Cash Shop. Players can now preview fashions as well as different colors prior to purchasing them..

Wth does this matter if we're still naked on some of the **** we try on?
    b:surrender
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Um - yeah. A 500k 'wine fee' for lunar?

Great. ANOTHER dungeon I will now never see the inside of. The people who can pay that fee without blinking are the people who have that gear - and certainly won't want to run an "Easier monsters but less drops" version.

The rest of it - ok, there aren't any BMs around, giving them more chi per attack is a nice tiny little boost I guess.

Psy and Sin getting less aggro? Huh. They already hit hard enough, I'd want them to steal aggro more often to stop them. Then again, maybe they DON'T actually hit stupidly hard, they just stole aggro too much so people thought they did?

I hate to sound like the crowd, but really - what I want in a patch is a pile of bug fixes!
    And instances where I don't have to get the whole party together to start. Fewer things with big doors at the start please.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Great. ANOTHER dungeon I will now never see the inside of. The people who can pay that fee without blinking are the people who have that gear - and certainly won't want to run an "Easier monsters but less drops" version.

And instances where I don't have to get the whole party together to start. Fewer things with big doors at the start please.

Instance Changes - Lunar Glade

Single Player Mode - Players can attain shards, fragments, and crystals through this mode. No quest pre-requisites are necessary to enter.
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    no the range on the skill is the distance between you and the person you are buffing. The range has nothing to do with how far your opponent is attacking away from you.

Mh okey, but I don't get it how they could have the idea to increase the range instead of duration/chance of silence...since this is an active blessing(?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why buffing the overpowered psychics and assasins?
  • BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver
    BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like reading the replies of what players think in this thread and I like how the company keeps lying and ignoring their players month after month.
    So whats the point of Lunar Glade now? So let me get this straight, I can either level to 99-100 and pay 3 subs per run to do TT3-2,3-3 to get TT99 Gold, or I can pay 3mill for per run to get Lunar pieces, where the monsters are now easier.

Hey I have a better Idea here me out Devs/GMs. Delete Lunar, but here is the kicker, put all of it in Cash Shop, you already put the weapons and rings, inside the anni packs so its not going to hurt. When players were beating Lunar, and starting to really do good inside it, you change it. So not only do you have to pay for charms, refines, res scrolls etc. Now you have to pay 500k to go in it? What about clerics who are buying charms to keep up RB/BB, now they have to pay 500k too. What about the Barb? So it comes down to what everyone is saying. Play for free, but pay to win.

For those of you saying that i can merchant that much etc. I don't have time to leave my cpu on 24/7.
    I have lost all faith in Perfect World Entertainment, good way to make something that was worth working your butt off for, useless. Then again I should have noticed this when you was putting Oracles in the cash shop. Making sure Money$ is better than hard work.
    I am a Demon Axe/Fist BM and proud of it. b:victory

Played for 4 months between 09.21.09-01.18.10

Then quit playing a game that I had grown to hate every day. b:bye