Assassin the joker

Comments

• Blizard - Dreamweaver
    Blizard - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would rather disagree skyxiii. None of classes suits "competent fighter against everybody" role. Why? Easy answer. Since we have to our disposition lot of genie skills and remedies as help. It doesn't really matter what class u have. If u plan ur strategy against other classes u will be able to beat everyone. U can't just chose one and do nothing to win becouse it's the best class to pvp. All the point is in planning ur moves and skills, knowing weak and strong points of ur class, knowing how to use strong and defend weak points. Besides i can't say veno has any trouble beating few lvls higher bm after reaching 59lvl (and getting bramble hood). Well, if bm won't do anything to remove this effect or at least use similar one(reflective aura for exapmle) he will just kill himself. Same to assassin.
    So as i said, i think none of classes is the best class. All of them have same chance to win, if u have strategy :)
    P.S. Sorry if it's not perfectly typed but i'm still learning english. b:surrender
    Don't feed trolls b:shocked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would rather disagree skyxiii. None of classes suits "competent fighter against everybody" role. Why? Easy answer. Since we have to our disposition lot of genie skills and remedies as help. It doesn't really matter what class u have. If u plan ur strategy against other classes u will be able to beat everyone. U can't just chose one and do nothing to win becouse it's the best class to pvp. All the point is in planning ur moves and skills, knowing weak and strong points of ur class, knowing how to use strong and defend weak points. Besides i can't say veno has any trouble beating few lvls higher bm after reaching 59lvl (and getting bramble hood). Well, if bm won't do anything to remove this effect or at least use similar one(reflective aura for exapmle) he will just kill himself. Same to assassin.
    So as i said, i think none of classes is the best class. All of them have same chance to win, if u have strategy :)
    P.S. Sorry if it's not perfectly typed but i'm still learning english. b:surrender

That's the point though - bms are by far the most versatile against any class imo. They can defend against both physical & magic attacks via marrow. They have one of the best movement ailment negation skills in the game which happens to double their evasion for the duration. They can perform the role of an off tank, because they get the second most HP per point vitality. And of course, they have ridiculous amounts of stun.

BMs have the most skills in the game compared to other classes, that alone should say something about their versatility. I'm not saying BMs are the best class. I'm simply suggesting they are the most versatile, which suggests they are more comfortable fighting All other classes when compared to any other single class because they are like jacks-of-all-trades, if that makes any sense. This doesn't mean that BMs are better than any other class.

Bramble doesn't reflect damage in pvp, Blizard.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Bramble doesn't reflect damage in pvp, Blizard.

it does in certain situations including: Cube, Tourny, Duels, TW

and it may work in world pvp some day like soul of vengeance does for psychics
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    Vorhes - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Two words Headhunt skill.....gimmie 2parks (which i can get easily) and a BM willing to take the hit and i bet this will be the look on his face after --->O___O
  • SaphireDemon - Lost City
    SaphireDemon - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Two words Headhunt skill.....gimmie 2parks (which i can get easily)

*gives you 2 parks* b:chuckle sry couldnt resist

on a serius note.. i PVPed a fist BM lvl 83 and i took his hp down to 5%
    before he took me down

take note what we were both only self buffed i have 69 daggers +0
    and he had hh80 fists +5

im sure that by the time i get the lvl 80 mold and refine it bm's my lvl will fall down easy

and yes Headhunt FTW b:victory
    Angel BEGONE!! b:angry

The Devil has my ear today b:pleased
  • Xelthion - Harshlands
    Xelthion - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    *gives you 2 parks* b:chuckle sry couldnt resist

on a serius note.. i PVPed a fist BM lvl 83 and i took his hp down to 5%
    before he took me down

take note what we were both only self buffed i have 69 daggers +0
    and he had hh80 fists +5

im sure that by the time i get the lvl 80 mold and refine it bm's my lvl will fall down easy

and yes Headhunt FTW b:victory

b:shocked that's a phail fist bm right there.
  • Zeoso - Heavens Tear
    Zeoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Everyone seems to forget assassins have a skill to reduce attack speed....a fist bm's claim to fame.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010

how come u ppl say "fail BM is fail" everytime a BM looses to a sin o.O? ive seen that in like so many threads now lol...
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    how come u ppl say "fail BM is fail" everytime a BM looses to a sin o.O? ive seen that in like so many threads now lol...

Maybe they think that since we sins are new and yet to prove ourselves anyone that pvps us is a FAIL player....lol they will learn in time that going against us is no one sided battle, (flips coin in air) its heads or tails for them and us ,a simple 50/50 chance (but i still think buffing 2 sparks in 1sec is pretty in my favor i would say)b:shocked
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I flat out get tossed by the 9x bm's every time but 5 above me still seems to be fairly good. Generally with a hp charm it ends in a stalemate and I book it out to not keep wasting away my little red bar of Oh shet save me. Heavens Flame sucks to be hit with no matter what class you are, but the stuns and attack rate are more than manageable.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Blizard - Dreamweaver
    Blizard - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Of course it does skyxiii, i meant TWs but ok let's say i didn't say straight what i meant. And i don't mind sin's. Sometimes u may lose sometimes u win. Didn't fight any sin yet so can't tell.
    Don't feed trolls b:shocked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary
    Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Maybe they think that since we sins are new and yet to prove ourselves anyone that pvps us is a FAIL player....lol they will learn in time that going against us is no one sided battle, (flips coin in air) its heads or tails for them and us ,a simple 50/50 chance (but i still think buffing 2 sparks in 1sec is pretty in my favor i would say)b:shocked

I can slow your attack rate, make you bleed out like you just /wrist, spark nearly every 4 seconds?

With a skill that gives me an added attack level? My accuracy is on par with archers, I can 5k crit with just normal attacks.

On top of that, when you try to run, I can teleport to you and stun you at the same time?

With the right kind of Genie skills (Things we can use to effectively bring down a HA), assassin's would nearly be unstoppable. b:shocked

I'd say certain people (Arcanes) are screwed. People better pray that those sin's who leveled the right way ragequit before the sage and demon skills come out.

Otherwise, it will be "lol gf"b:bye

On a side note, isn't it funny that a 65 cleric with a TT weapon has to spam heal to beat a sin at level 44?b:chuckle
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    (Now I lay you down to sleep)
    Simply wont let me
    (I pray the lord your soul to keep)
    Enter quietly
    (And if I die before you)
    Ill see you in hell
    (That shall be his first mistake)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Kephras for the awesome Sig
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd wait until Sins are 9x before you start gloating. Most robes 90+ can have over 10k physical defense...
  • Lyve - Sanctuary
    Lyve - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ^I would like to see these mythical robed creatures with over 10k physical defense b:chuckle
  • Xelthion - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    ^I would like to see these mythical robed creatures with over 10k physical defense b:chuckle

most wizzies i know have around 9-10k phy def qq, but maybe with a couple of buffs?
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    most wizzies i know have around 9-10k phy def qq, but maybe with a couple of buffs?

High gear + Refines + Shards + Sage (peferably Demon) Stone Barrier + etc = ಥ_ಥ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010

i know a demon robie veno who went over 10k pdef in foxform just w/ cleric buffs
    tanked fb99 bosses for me too b:cute

ok ok, couldn't keep aggro so we had to stand there and watch but she survived the hits :O
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    i know a demon robie veno who went over 10k pdef in foxform just w/ cleric buffs
    tanked fb99 bosses for me too b:cute

ok ok, couldn't keep aggro so we had to stand there and watch but she survived the hits :O

To tell the truth the only robe wearing class i fear is a veno that return damage buff (cant remeber its name) hurts like hell ,but seriously a robe with 10phys def.....so a 90+ LA sin cant get just as good stats or even better stats than that, plus a question whats a mage gonna do with his/her slow channeling when a sin cast 2 sparks ,teles,headhunt,punture wound(insert any other skill after)??....im not bashing just asking a question.
  • Xelthion - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    To tell the truth the only robe wearing class i fear is a veno that return damage buff (cant remeber its name) hurts like hell ,but seriously a robe with 10phys def.....so a 90+ LA sin cant get just as good stats or even better stats than that, plus a question whats a mage gonna do with his/her slow channeling when a sin cast 2 sparks ,teles,headhunt,punture wound(insert any other skill after)??....im not bashing just asking a question.

lolz speaking of which... can't robes just not leave SZ without a friendly veno casting bramble guard on them first? b:bye
  • Lyve - Sanctuary
    Lyve - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    As far as I know unless something has changed bramble guard does not work in pk, and that goes for bramble hood as well. While the damage reduction from hood works, the reflect doesn't.
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    As far as I know unless something has changed bramble guard does not work in pk, and that goes for bramble hood as well. While the damage reduction from hood works, the reflect doesn't.

well it definately wasnt the guard but the hood definately did ,thats the same thing i asked the veno - i thought that wasnt supposed to work in pvp-.......man i give up on minute it works the next it does wtf is going on b:cryb:cry
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    ^I would like to see these mythical robed creatures with over 10k physical defense

Considering I party in TWs with an Arcane Veno with 12k physical defense in foxform, they're hardly mythical. Some of our clerics have over 8k physical defense self-buffed. Combine that with Plume Shell, and Clerics are far more annoying to kill than Wizzies, who as someone pointed out can get massive physical defense. Demon BMs can also get 12k physical defense and 10k magic resist with Demon Marrow Magical.

There are no squishies after 9x. Except for LA users; we shard for physical defense, we lose HP and become one-shots to mages even with magic ornaments. We shard HP and use physical resist ornaments, and we're almost competent, but we have no self buffs like other classes do to boost either our magic or physical defense. An Assassin's saving grace is his Focused Mind, since evasion is utterly useless. I'd kill for True Emptiness on my Sin. >_>

Bear in mind it's easy to tell the difference in how an arcane has equipped themselves if you're a physical melee class. I believe the stories of 88 Sins two-shotting 9x mages; I can go from one mage hitting for 2-3k non-crit/zerk, to the next one zerk-critting for 2k. I've one-shot some mages in TW, and other mages I couldn't kill if I bashed on them all week.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Considering I party in TWs with an Arcane Veno with 12k physical defense in foxform, they're hardly mythical. Some of our clerics have over 8k physical defense self-buffed. Combine that with Plume Shell, and Clerics are far more annoying to kill than Wizzies, who as someone pointed out can get massive physical defense. Demon BMs can also get 12k physical defense and 10k magic resist with Demon Marrow Magical.

There are no squishies after 9x. Except for LA users; we shard for physical defense, we lose HP and become one-shots to mages even with magic ornaments. We shard HP and use physical resist ornaments, and we're almost competent, but we have no self buffs like other classes do to boost either our magic or physical defense. An Assassin's saving grace is his Focused Mind, since evasion is utterly useless. I'd kill for True Emptiness on my Sin. >_>

Bear in mind it's easy to tell the difference in how an arcane has equipped themselves if you're a physical melee class. I believe the stories of 88 Sins two-shotting 9x mages; I can go from one mage hitting for 2-3k non-crit/zerk, to the next one zerk-critting for 2k. I've one-shot some mages in TW, and other mages I couldn't kill if I bashed on them all week.

bolded part is weird because agaist sin bm can use pdef eq and i got at lv 65 10k+ pdef with sutra.

and wizz got more pdef but really their survive chance is very depend from player ability with his class (not like charmed barb XD)

ok i wondering what eq have that mage who get 2k non crit zerk hit at 9x because for that need very low pdef...

i know ep who got 10k hp and ~9k pdef with self buff in pw my but that not a common thing xD
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    ok i wondering what eq have that mage who get 2k non crit zerk hit at 9x because for that need very low pdef...

I don't stop to check people's gear in TW, but considering the only Faction we ever TW is high 8x/9x/10x, they'd pretty much have to have no garnet shards and be equipped with magic ornaments. Most "average" squishies that level I can hit for 900-1.2k, and the ones with annoying shard/ornament choices I can only hit for 300-500. Then there are certain fox form venos that I hit weaker than fully buffed BMs...
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    light armor with citrines never had better stats (pdef/mdef) than robe with garnets
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To tell the truth the only robe wearing class i fear is a veno that return damage buff (cant remeber its name) hurts like hell ,but seriously a robe with 10kphys def.....so a 90+ LA sin cant get just as good stats or even better stats than that, plus a question whats a mage gonna do with his/her slow channeling when a sin cast 2 sparks ,teles,headhunt,punture wound(insert any other skill after)??....im not bashing just asking a question.

you're right, through your broken english you just said it: they can't. LA is the worst endgame armor in the game. heavy and robe are both able to get better defenses in both pdef and mdef, especially wiz and venos in foxform because of their extra pdef buff

also, quit it with the hypothetical situations. who can't jump a self-buffed wiz unawares and kill him? what if you get jumped unprepared? are you going to have tidal protection/focused mind on 24/7? wizards, barbs, and clerics can all have means of 1shotting you.

don't suddenly get cocky and think wizards are all pushovers. it's very easy to work out the perfect combo and the perfect plan when you think you have the element of surprise. in reality it's a lot harder.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What a joke of a class, lol.
    it takes no effort to down this LA class.
    Meele + LA what are you thinking?

I agree.. a sin my lvl sneaked up on me and started to attack me and it was just scratches, the bleed was a joke and even that reducing attack speed debuff is useless on me since I use skills to attack with and they are instant cast.b:laugh.. BUT... sins get better skills later on tho, but then again..so do I
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol sneaking up on a barb is worthless....we cannot crack their char+HA+ dammn (too) high hp....we aren't meant to kill HAs.....i sure as hell won't do it....untill i got everything refined +10 and intervall gear....that should be possible then(maybe sage/demon skill will change sth)
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't stop to check people's gear in TW

You can't check player info in TW i've tried before.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol sneaking up on a barb is worthless....we cannot crack their char+HA+ dammn (too) high hp....we aren't meant to kill HAs.....i sure as hell won't do it....untill i got everything refined +10 and intervall gear....that should be possible then(maybe sage/demon skill will change sth)

good point but who knows not many pro sins yet..
This discussion has been closed.