Options
13»

Comments

• Auldwulf - Dreamweaver
    Auldwulf - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    asdhajsdh wrote: »
    Ive looked around for a bit now, and noticed, there isnt much a community feeling on these forums...

If you have any questions, or anything, just pm me. I'll be more than happy to share what little I've learned in the short amount of time that I've been playing. Maybe we can figure this stuff out together.b:victory

EDIT: Since I'm not texting on a cell phone, I'll use complete words, and not the acronyms and abbreviations that only people that have played awhile know.

Peace...
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In all honesty most respectable players won't visit these forums for a lot of the reasons the OP stated. People here are generally rude, vulgar, hypocritical, egotistical, cruel, nor are they typically empathetic or sympathetic in any manner. The regulars tend to regard themselves very highly and seem to take great pleasure in lording what little experience they have and what they think they know is right and wrong over others, bashing, calling names, and flaming when GM's are not looking. They know who they are and if they don't it only proves my point further. They only ever respond to my posts when it's something like this or they find something to pick on about it anyway.

However, since these people spend more time making the forum population miserable you are not so likely to meet them in game. When I am on and playing I actually don't meet a terrible lot of rude people. It could also be that I'm on a PvP server which seems to drive off a portion of the rude population because they can't hide if they make it onto KoS lists in PvP servers. All they can do is sit in SZ and cry, but I have also never played on a PvE server, but that's also the reason I never did. Try both types of servers and I'm sure you'll be able to make your own decisions about the in-game population. I honestly don't think it's as bad as the forums are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In all honesty most respectable players won't visit these forums for a lot of the reasons the OP stated. People here are generally rude, vulgar, hypocritical, egotistical, cruel, nor are they typically empathetic or sympathetic in any manner. The regulars tend to regard themselves very highly and seem to take great pleasure in lording what little experience they have and what they think they know is right and wrong over others, bashing, calling names, and flaming when GM's are not looking. They know who they are and if they don't it only proves my point further. They only ever respond to my posts when it's something like this or they find something to pick on about it anyway.

However, since these people spend more time making the forum population miserable you are not so likely to meet them in game. When I am on and playing I actually don't meet a terrible lot of rude people. It could also be that I'm on a PvP server which seems to drive off a portion of the rude population because they can't hide if they make it onto KoS lists in PvP servers. All they can do is sit in SZ and cry, but I have also never played on a PvE server, but that's also the reason I never did. Try both types of servers and I'm sure you'll be able to make your own decisions about the in-game population. I honestly don't think it's as bad as the forums are.

I would have to agree with you here and I am one of the ones who enjoys trolling and flaming people. But how I am on the forums, and how I am in game is totally different. In game I am generally nice, helpful and usually courteous to others (with some rare exceptions). On the forums I am somewhat rude, brash, crass and generally vicious towards people I consider stupid, ignorant herd animals (of which the vast majority here are).

I see no dichotomy in this, although others may. But then, I don't really care what they think anyway lol.

~Saitada
  • Auldwulf - Dreamweaver
    Auldwulf - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You would be correct in some cases. Myself, I just hate stupid people and enjoy telling them how stupid they are. It's much like plucking the wings off flies. It is easy, and amuses me.

~S

That certainly is your prerogitive Saitada, but keep in mind; The truly intelligent and knowledgable person carries their knowledge and intelligence with grace, and the wisdom to know what to do with it. If it isn't, it's like a dictionary at the bottom of a well, useless.

Peace...
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Sometimes, it's good to read what's on the forums and how people are playing their class. I for one, do not wish to waste money and effort only to be restating at the end.

Though information may be in a form of chucks, but usually searching in google "pwi blah blah blah" brings out the results that may interests you.

I have to concur that idiots are everywhere, just like in reality out there.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That certainly is your prerogitive Saitada, but keep in mind; The truly intelligent and knowledgable person carries their knowledge and intelligence with grace, and the wisdom to know what to do with it. If it isn't, it's like a dictionary at the bottom of a well, useless.

Peace...

I don't know what your age is, but when I was in my mid 20's to early 30's I felt that way. Now.. I pretty much don't. My experience in life has basically told me humans are hopeless and not worth the time to be nice to them anymore.

I'd love to be wrong, but I have yet to see it.

~S
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    in game is usually not as bad as on the forums. for one thing, there are about a hundred times more people playing the game than what post on the forums. just like any community, however, you'll have your nice people and your mean people. my advice: don't let the mean people bug you...they're not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm really not sure what you're expecting to see. I doubt there are any mmo communities - or communities in general - that don't have a populace of flamers and trolls. Trolls looooove attention and will go anywhere to get it, so they are everywhere. Flamers suffer from what I call internet immunity/invulnerability. They feel unreachable from the safety of a keyboard and will say (type) plenty of things they wouldn't dare say face to face.

Assuming you haven't already made a decision, why don't you just try the game out and see for yourself if you like it or not? The in-game community itself rarely gets as bad as some of these threads.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The only thing I can honestly say to the OP is actually a question: Where do you go to talk to the friends you make in a game? Into the game or on the forums?

The forums are for general discussion, questions, problems, and VERY unfortunately, trolling. b:laugh You go in game to meet and talk with your friends and even get help or have most questions answered by fellow players who have experience. For me, in-game (no matter what game) is always a far more friendly, community experience.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Behold as I interupt!

I browse the forums when Im bored. Ussually people who I enjoy playing with in game dont post often on the forums. And people who single out other people on the forums just do it because they are bitter and cant do it in game (or still do it in game).

That said before this turns into another pointless rambling session Im gonna answer the posters question:

Dont cancel the download. It's a good game, some/most people are nice depending on the server you join, and if you meet someone ya dont like, they have a handy dandy Blacklist button.

---EDIT---
    **** I somehow didnt see this thread was 8 pages long, whoops. too late for my respnce, carrying on >...>
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.