Fail squads and awesome Clerics.

Options

Comments

• Amestario - Harshlands
    Amestario - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    haha, yeah, when it comes to fb mobs and there are more then two (that i would have to fight, fb59 or higher) i will normally just watch them die. It is not worth losing 30k exp for an idiot
  • Hitumura - Lost City
    Hitumura - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well...

It all started when I finished my BH. I was in a faction 2 months ago with my low level cleric (hitumura)

Level 39 and couldn't be happier, I felt that I could take on the world! (facepalm)

2 Level 6x's in my faction asked me if I am good enough to heal them for their bh. They promised there would be another cleric that was level 9x. I said ok, but to be on the safe side I went out and got 10 res scrolls.

Good thing I got them, the other cleric didn't come.

I was alone, in a cave, full of elite, higher level monsters... I was oneshotted... multiple times. Have you ever spent 2 mil doing a bh!? I hope you never have to, (they need to fix the price of rez scrolls).

Well, anyways, once we get to the boss, (after 3 hours, my dominance blessing had 45 mins left on it) they start hitting and I start healing.

I HAD RUN OUT OF REZ SCROLLS! I never figured the boss would actually hit me instead of them... I only used IH once and the aggro was on me... I died, ran out of scrolls, said beautiful french, and left the party, telling them that they should go do things to themselves that no one should ever have to endure >.<

Moral of the story... DON'T AGREE TO GO WITH 2 PEOPLE TO A HIGHER BH IF THEY SWEAR TO GOD ANOTHER CLERIC IS GOING TO BE THERE, CAUSE HE WON'T COME!
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was kicked into BH once because I was using Blessing of the Purehearted to gather chi while waiting for someone afk to come back. b:surrender

That's a bit overkill o.O. On a sidenote, wellspring is faster for building chi xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    some time ago when i was in my early 60's, i had a bh to take out qianji. we all got there and the blademaster said that he could tank it. we all argued for a while, but in the end they sided that he should tank it because he had the most health. noone listened to me, lol. qianji killed him in two shots, then one by one was killing us all. it was then my turn to fight him alone. i started using IH and amazingly was taking every hit it could dish out. so slowly, one by one i rezzed everyone and told them not to take aggro. a couple did and they died again. and finally, after about an hour of fighting it, healing myself, and rezzing people, i killed it and they were all shocked, lol

Yeah something like that happen to me when I needed drake. They all wanted the bm to tank it which as usual leeroy jenkinsed when I was meditating and died then the boss started others who maganed to attack it. Me trying to be a nice person tried to save them but they died one by one. When the boss was atatcking me everyone was like RUN RUN RUN IT'S GONNA KILL YOU!!! I stood there fighting the thing everyone was like ''holy ****'' but hehe I didn't revive them for being stupid at the expense of getting flamed.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The thing that happens most often in BH runs:
    - Wrong Pull:5 Or more mobs charging the squad:All dead

In this case I have 2 options:

- Do not heal and stay back watching em all die( ^^ ).Then Rev them after the mob finished their dirty work b:laugh

Or

- Cast the Blue Bubble(If I have enough Sparks)

But yeah,its funny to be in squad with some careless kamikaze BM b:laugh

I wouldn't cast BB depending on who you are finghting a bad aoe boss no.I would rather use chromatic healing beam.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't cast BB depending on who you are finghting a bad aoe boss no.I would rather use chromatic healing beam.

May I ask you then what? You have aggro on your self, and probably gonna die.
    If you take a risk to heal them all, if you have sparks you will BB, cause you cut down the dmg, giving the chance for tank and DD's to take aggro from you.b:surrender
    b:dirty
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So, not too long ago, I was doing a BH51 Zimo. We had a level 60 BM, two clerics (including me), two archers and a veno. We decided that the BM would tank, and he did (not very well, I might add).

He died about 5 or so times, me spamming IH on him every chance I got and the other cleric as well. So, we get to Zimo, all of us basically guessing what will happen.

So, we're doing pretty well, I'm spamming IH while the other was BBing. The other cleric who was BBing had to stop because her MP got too low and she didn't have anymore pots, so I took BB over and she started spamming IH. That's when the dying happened.

Zimo's hp was at about 50% and everyone kept dying except me, so I kept rezzing everyone. Then, at about 5% hp we all died except one of the archers that waited for it and then resurrected himself.

All of us dead except him. He killed Zimo, who dropped TWO molds. He grabbed both of them as I went to town to save everyone. I told him to drop it and give everyone a fair chance of getting it as I flew back.

I came back, rezzed everyone and then told him to drop them again. He dropped the first one and then picked it up again 30 seconds later. He dropped the other one twice and tried to pass it off as something else. We all said we would regroup after the mold issue.

Well, guess what? He left the squad. I was fuming mad and ranting, and everyone else was just as pissed. We re-did Zimo with a proper tank and it was all good, just no mold drops.

If I ever find him, oh boy...
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you take a risk to heal them all, if you have sparks you will BB, cause you cut down the dmg, giving the chance for tank and DD's to take aggro from you.b:surrender

Agreed. BB is the best choice in terms of saving the whole squad from mobs. In order to heal everyone with aoe heal and not let anyone die, you really must have good timing. If a mob is on you (in my case I have 1.8k HP) and know you can't last for long, BB is the best choice.

Plus the casting time for the aoe heal is really slow compared to BB. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • John_Scott - Sanctuary
    John_Scott - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well heres wat happened on my lvl 36 cleric last night

was in FB29 to help, a veno lvl 51 and a Wiz, also a few others.

the veno had a lvl 48 pet and she said she would tank, at first i thought fine not a problem just keep her ant try heal others wen possible.

got into the towerling room and she had mass aggro and so did the wiz, me being stupid tried to heal both, so i get aggro.

so im stuck with 3 ppl gettin attacked and needless to say all 3 of us died
    the other members survived, i go back to town res every1 and a few ppl leave (one being me as i failed at being cleric)

although it was bad i now know is some1 has mass aggro do not heal them as id end up with aggro
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

This happened to me in bh 51 as someone asked for BB I knew you don't use BB on wyvern but they insisted so I did.This was Wiz and they said they would help heal but what they should of been doing was using dragons breath.I was interrupted by wyvern then later died between him and the wraith archers is why I hate this bh.This why I am rethinking my playstlye figghting along with the others untill we get to the boss if they die res. them heal them up.

Then again there were 3 Venos in the squad all with golems and sword BM no Barb.The Bm went down a couple of times as well as the Wiz.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This happened to me in bh 51 as someone asked for BB I knew you don't use BB on wyvern but they insisted so I did.This was Wiz and they said they would help heal but what they should of been doing was using dragons breath.I was interrupted by wyvern then later died between him and the wraith archers is why I hate this bh.This why I am rethinking my playstlye figghting along with the others untill we get to the boss if they die res. them heal them up.

Then again there were 3 Venos in the squad all with golems and sword BM no Barb.The Bm went down a couple of times as well as the Wiz.

Since wyvern has a physical aoe (correct me if I'm wrong), the extra healing from the wizard would help. Since they can attack from max range, why use dragon's breath when he/she can attack from afar while healing the cleric when needed. b:surrender

...Since there were 3 venos, couldn't they lure the archers before attacking wyvern? b:surrender

Extra healing and DD > dragon's breath
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No they didn't it just went bad as this was actually an FB51.The tabber was one of the Venos who just needed the last boss.I was thinking of the way dragons breath is used in RB along with BB but you have Barb tanking and we didn't.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I joined this random bh/fb29 squad consisting only on lvl 2x and one lvl 49 assassin and a tabber blademaster, and was a pain in the butt.

I could perfectly make the lvl 49 sassy tank Qingzi, but this dude was on "hey look, I haev a charm! im invincible woooo!" mode and the rest were a buch of leeroy jenkins.

they got wiped a lot of times (I died once and then just let them get killed and rez) but we finally killed qingzi after 2 hours b:surrender
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I officially im an awesome cleric that gets sucker in fail squads... A few pages back i was a fail cleric... but now people that i have been helping would rather take me in over some higher lvls clerics because they know i get the job DONE!!!

Its amazing how many people tell me "Holy hell you actually use purify! THANKS!"

or my favorite "your casting DS!!! Oh this is BH is gonna go fast!"

I'm learning every day more an more about my class... I'm starting to pick up things from some other clerics i have meet and so far things are looking out for the best...

Just wanted to say... people are now happy at me! and not pissed off hahaha!
    b:victory
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    All good stories and I have seen those myself. My worst experience was to save a team in bh69 and for some reason the other cleric decided I should stay on the ground. I was very trill that they all died again. Me and my friend whent back alone and HOLA we kick the boss **** ?. I also ran many fb59 were everything went fine. Then you get a squad of rapid BM that swarm everything whit no heal, I had to run and run after one cause they were leapfrogging and finally 1 died, res him and it went on and on. They died maybe 5 time each but got there boss, witch I had to IH myself cause one of them went running to close to Qianji. It's all good experience.

Boss are not the only failure I saw. One day I'm bored like hell and I see Meowssssss asking for a cleric for 20x3 in 69. I answer the call and get in the FB whit a nice Squad. And I'm healing and healing and people die sometime because they agroo to many monster and I have to run to help them. Then we get to the poison tree mob area were there are like 10 and the BM goes " Let's AOE them" I'm like NOOOOO but the Barb and BM jump in it. And Team Wipe, so we all go back to town and disband. Me, Meow and 1 BM that did'nt die except that time all get back in. The 3 other are frustrated or something and don't wana come. So meow is worried and I tell her, just follow my lead, I got to my bank put on a gold mp charm and we go in fb69. I tell her what and when to pull and just tanked all the monster whit some DD help form the other BM. The 3 of us we finish the 2nd run, all the way back of serpentex and no one died whit me has the main tank. O_O It was awesome !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No they didn't it just went bad as this was actually an FB51.The tabber was one of the Venos who just needed the last boss.I was thinking of the way dragons breath is used in RB along with BB but you have Barb tanking and we didn't.

You don't need a barb in order to do that. Although it's much safer for the wizzie to heal from afar compared to using DB when he/she knows she has a chance of pulling aggro from the sword bm. b:shocked

I'm not sure but this is how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    Henchman - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Now, i try and be a decent cleric if nothing else, having been an LA cleric before i have had to learn alot of tricks to staying alive. i cant tank as easily as i could before for one. that being said i have to rely on whos tanking and of course they get priority heals. HOWEVER, there is this blademaster i unfortunatly ended up with in a squad...more times then once i might add, who literaly throws hissy fits that im not healing him and he is ticking his charm...usualy im busy keeping a barb alive and his damn calamity axes drain his HP untill his charm ticks. not being smart enough to sutra on himself. just trying to get me to heal hiim once he ran into a group of mobs to aoe. i didnt heal him to say the least as he got himself killed, and then kicked from the squad. i lol'd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mitsurugikenji
    mitsurugikenji Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Other 5xs, seeing sereneti's low health *uniformly revive while sereneti is still in range*
    Other 5xs: *uniformly die from aoe*

LOL

i made a cleric so i could get into squads more easily, but the bigger reason was to watch how random squads functioned. i usually joined my friends on bh runs.

ran into only very few good squads, a few decent squads, and a lot of terrible squads. on a lot of occasions, a lot of tanks dont bother to hit all the mobs surrounding them, and i cant decide whether to heal or ignore. more often i choose to heal and be prepared to kill whatever comes my way. i get sick of tanks not realising im under attack and them telling me not to hit mobs and get aggro when what i got was a friggin heal aggro.

one of the weirder squads i've been to was one with a 58 bm, 54 bm, 50 bm, a 5x archer and myself. for some reason the 58 bm felt very inexperienced and charged head first into, of all things, harpies (not the one at farren, the ones at the path before it). not too surprisingly she got the whole squad killed. unfortunately the BMs were all dead very close to mobs. when i came back, i res-ed the archer first since he has the best defense against harpies. told the rest not to res, and after he got all the aggro, i told the rest to get up. i was trying to keep them all alive since they started to engage, and i slipped up; everyone survived except the archer. (i still feel very bad for letting die our saviour.)

at farren, none of us except the archer had zeal, but he had the lure skill erased for his pk stuff. so we were still discussing our next move when the 58 bm decided to smash right at the harpies. fortunately i didnt get the aggro, and im grateful for the other two bms who stayed around to keep the harpies away from me.

i've played a bm before, and i'd handled farren and his mobs without a zeal and a veno, so i asked if any of the bm had good aoe stun. the 54 bm had a lvl 3 aoe stun, was in axe mastery, and so i suggested to him that i'd spam IH first, he goes in with a stun, engage all with aoe, and then the rest of it is IH spam. it went very smoothly from there. the archer was being considerate when he advised the other BMs not to engage, but i assured him it was fine. (i dont think BMs will die from one or two physical aoe attacks.) not too sure how he felt; funny how he felt mighty pissed at the 58 bm when i wasnt even half as mad.

i was quite happy to be able to teach the BMs how to handle farren during the instance that luring methods are not available. a little odd, advice coming from a cleric. after the squad, the 54 bm pm-ed me and was glad it all worked out. thankfully, he was a tanker in WoW or something. lol.

in any case, being a cleric is good experience. i'd never knew how veno lured mobs, or that zeal was the genie for lure, if i hadn't joined random squads. (my usual squad doesnt have barbs, venos and wiz) and being a cleric allows me to watch and observe. the only thing about cleric is, it does get somewhat stressful, especially when you're the only cleric and the squad dynamic is made of fail.

still learning how to save fail squads. very nice runs with squads that know what they're doing, but a completely demoralising one when you're misunderstood as a fail cleric when it's really just a slip up, lag, or actually a problem with the squad as a whole.
  • night0lethe
    night0lethe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    -.-

the scenario that happens to me a lot:

everyone in squad charges forward super fast and i have 0 mp left, all skills dark.... i tell them i have low mp but noone listens...

then they start dying and i desperately run towards them with my 4.8ms/sec slow speed while shoving mp pots into my mouth...

then i have to spam heal everyone, and my mp goes to 0 again... =.=

i hate it when that happens... T_T
  • Hollow000 - Sanctuary
    Hollow000 - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I love all these great stories. It certainly helps me learn. I know I've been a failed cleric more often than I'd like to admit, but there are times when I feel like I've shined.

Back when I was level 5x, I joined a random FB39 squad consisting of me, a level 39 wizard, level 39 BM, level 5x barb, and a level 5x veno. Everything was going great until we hit the last boss. (Troic, I think is the name of the boss). The barb runs off to attack some mob. At the same time, the veno tries to pull the boss but fails and all the guards along with the boss ganged up on the veno. I tried to heal the veno, but the veno dies. The barb comes back with half health and AOEs the boss and the guards with another mob behind him. I frantically try to heal the barb, but the barb dies. Now, I get arggo. The BM runs away. The wizard starts healing me. And I start healing myself. I run over to the barb and revived him. I kept healing myself until the barb was ready to take arggo. At this point everything went back to normal. I revived the veno and we finished the FB.

In another instance, BH51 for Wyvern, I joined a random squad to help a friend. I was the only cleric. I forget what other classes were in the squad, definitely a BM and an archer. Anyway, everyone rushed into the hall where Rankar usually walks through. They started attacking the mobs before I get there. By the time I get to the entrance of the hall, I see Rankar coming from the direction where the Pillar tab is located. I run back away from the hall and started yelling in chat that Rankar is coming. No one listened. Rankar entered the hall and the other squad members were trapped with Rankar at the entrance and mobs on both sides. Everyone dies but me and a BM who managed to escape. I waited until Rankar went away and revived everyone. I don't know if letting Rankar kill everyone makes me a good cleric. Maybe I should have went in and BB'ed. I don't know.

In a more recent event, I was doing a BH run for Gullinox in BH59 with a level 73 cleric, level 77 BM, and level 74 BM. I wouldn't call this a failed squad since we got through with it with only two deaths. It was certainly fun doing the BH with only four people. Neither of the BMs watched for walkers and several times both BMs attacked one mob when there was a group of them. So every time either of us clerics healed we got arggo. The other cleric died twice when we were ganged by at least four mobs. I was quite proud of myself. I BB'ed at the right time and kepted both BMs alive when the other cleric died. Probably not a huge feat compared to some of the things others have done.
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol, I have a great story to tell you of my bh39 that just happened today!

So, I'm the only cleric in a squad full of melee characters (and they were also all guys, so you can see where this is going lol), and all of us are ranging from lv53-58 (I hadn't leveled at that point).

They successfully pulled the adds off of Farren, so it was just him left. There were at least 2 barbs, the highest one was lv56, so we naturally assumed he was going to tank.

Well, it started going downhill when the other barb decided to attack in barb form. Now, it's not a bad idea to attack in barb form because yeah, you get more damage done, but Farren's aoe was chunking his hp down pretty quickly. Being the only cleric there, I was having a tough time keeping both of their hp's up. I asked him to at least turn into a tiger so he'd have more defense, but he died anyway. So, trying to keep up the tank's hp because I had neglected him to keep the other barb alive, I rushed in some heals, but they didn't work quick enough (y'know, ironheart takes time to work), and then he died. Naturally, the assassin died as well pretty quickly when the archer took aggro. I started healing the archer, but he didn't even have enough hp to live 1 hit. I forget who the other squad member was or if he did anything, but he was probably laying somewhere dead.

Now I have an hp charm at 1/4th and he came after me last. 'Course, I start running like hell toward the entrance (mind you, I only had 1 moon chaser orb left -__-").

So then the squad starts yelling at me to come back (very rudely I might add, they only called me "cleric" where I definitely have a name!). Ok, since I am the only one alive, and I can't kill farren by myself, I thought it would be ok to res a barb, and get him alive so maybe he can get farren off my **** long enough for me to res the other people.

Assuming these barbs had common sense of course (new rule, never assume they have common sense - ask first).

So I ressed the nearest barb, and ran farren away for him to res, thinking he'd at least wait until farren wasn't near him anymore. Nope. He died instantaneously because of the aoe.

I ressed each one about 6 times (minus one of the assassins that was stupid enough to run into the middle of the room where those midgets are, I just left him dead. There was no way I was gonna go up there). Some managed to hit farren a few times before they died again, but they also only had 10% of their hp because for some reason, none would sit and gain hp or mp before rushing into the fight. After running around ressing people and having them hit here and there... they finally killed him. I think only 3 people got the kill O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • Gala - Raging Tide
    Gala - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I can proudly say that I've tanked the HH1-1 drum boss.
    wh
    I was in a squad with 3 BMs, a veno, and a low lvl barb. All three BMs got 1-shotted with in 30seconds. Veno and me ran. Veno gets 1-shotted. I managed to heal my self while trying to escape. Tanked boss for about 1/2 hr before I got killed by boss while trying to through the bombs.
  • Epidemy - Sanctuary
    Epidemy - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I am not a support Cleric, although I have maxed res, purge and IronHeart.
    Thus I have no squad heal. That's why I usually join squads as a DD or a second single-target healer.

So, when I join a squad, I always explain this. When I am the only cleric in there, I tell them not to agro mobs but one by one, and if I am not, I just say not to rely on me for heals.

Usually, it's ok, although quite often I have to heal / purge some squady because the support cleric is focused on tank or because the squady is out of main cleric's range (at lower level BHs, ppl tend to be a little more often reckless).

But 2 times, I got an epic failed squad...

Firt time; 5 squad members, including me :

4 excited kids running everywhere, agroing every mobs they see without any consideration for themselves, and just hoping I heal each of them...
    I tried many times to tell them not to do this, and why they shouldn't (because I can heal only one at a time), but I got only one classical answer :
    -"do your job"
    I decided to stay in the squad because I wanted to finish both my BHs there... but was a little less 'friendly', though. By chance, and mainly with a little help from me, only a few of them died, and max once or twice.

But when we reached Farren, the veno ran into farren's guards, and agroed the 4 of them... everyone but me got killed : I spammed IH, used many pots, and ran away for my life... spent a little part of my emerald charm, too (was happy to have it though!). It took me a little time, but I managed to leave the instance, and then started to come back to res/heal everyone. Half-way of them, the tank leader said he had an additional cleric friend coming (which was good news to me). And then he added to it something like :
    -"We are saved now!"

I stopped ... and said goodbye to everyone. That was the little too much.

Second time : 5 squad members, I was the leader.
    Only one frenzied kid here... but he was the tank (BM). I was a DD, and we had a true support Cleric, this time.
    Everything should have been fine, then... but soon the frenzyied BM started to run far in front of us to fight more mobs... and agroed all of them although we had a luring veno (and who knew how to lure). This could have been fine anyway if he had taken time to check we had finished with our own mobs. And usually we had not... so although I was there for DD, I had mostly always to keep healing him while the support cleric focused on other teammates. But even this way it was really tense, cause he agroed a lot of mobs and had very little more HP than me (I am nearly Full Arcane). I didn't even have to give advice or speak because I was focusing on saving his back seat (and sometimes others' too). Eventually, a few mobs away from farren, another teammate managed to tell him to stop runing away from us and to let the veno lure instead of agroing everything.
    ... And surprisingly, he apologized and said he would care from now.
    So did he with the next one mob... and then ran into another bunch of mobs and agroed them all. Everyone in the squad was a little tense, and one at least had been requiring his kicking out for a few minutes, although I was unable to answer because I was entirely focused on saving everyone with the other cleric.
    We were now at farren, with farren and his 3 guards... believe it or not, I didn't want to kill farren with him. Maybe he realized it, cause he left before I could kick him out.... and the other cleric left too, cause he thought we were unfair...

Eventually, I spent 2 teles, and welcomed a very nice tank archer (lvl 70+) who helped us.
    About the 2 teles : I decided it was my time to be stupid : so I accidentaly copied in world chat a "not-nice" message saying "I didn't want him to get us all killed" instead of the recruitment one.

that was a really a odd day.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Someone underestimated the difficulty of the Quingzi boss's lair/cave/temple, so we went in with me (psychic), a warrior (the leader) and I think one more psychic and an archer. Oh, and one low-level cleric. By the time we actually got to the boss, we'd had to retreat twice and a couple of people had died a couple of times. Then someone suddenly says they forgot to get a tank. Yeah, OOPS.

We managed, though. I hung back with the support while the cleric did her thing. It would've been easier on her MP if he'd gotten a veno to do the tanking instead of the one warrior (he that led us).
  • HealthPotion - Raging Tide
    HealthPotion - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Today.. I did a TT1-2 run with faction mates. We had a lvl 67Barb to tank and we had two clerics in squad.. At the last? boss (the one that drops golden armor).. Barb lured, didnt get arrgo and we waiting for him to get argo so we wouldnt get party wiped and he was like Heal! so the other cleric heals. the Boss comes to us, and I run away =) and kills the whole party. (thank god for holy path). So I revive everyone..
    This time we tell barb to GET ARGO! so he "lures" boss, and he STILL is on the center PLAT... and we tell him to LURE back to the edge and hes like HEAL ME!! and we cant heal him unless he lures it to edge or we will get AoEd and died..
    Barb died, and boss came for us.. and we all died..
    Barb refused to rush me back to the spot. and then blamed the party whip on me and the other cleric for not healing him..
    0_o..... I always tell people, id rather have them die then me. I lose % they lose barely nothing.. In this type of situation I let him die..
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't call these experiences "Fail squads" as we managed to get the bosses killed but anyway, I've been getting into squads with overzealous Assassins who use BHs as a way to test out their new skills.

In one party, an impatient Assassin decided that he would tank Calcid instead of waiting for the real Tank to come back. I was looking over my equips at the time, not really paying attention when I saw, "I'm gonna Tank. Heal me, ok?" Before I could type, "HUH?! WAIT!!" He aggroed about 3 exploders. I just happened to be right next to him so everybody but the BM, who ran for his life, and the Tank, who hadn't gotten there yet died.

In a BH39 party, another Assassin decided he would lure because our Veno dc'd and "Clerics should only heal like crazy." derp The problem was he was in the 20s and our party (3 clerics, Assassin, and Veno) had NO ONE who could take a decent hit. So, he would hit and then run for it (most of the time not fast enough) and then the other Cleric in the party would Plume so he wouldn't die. Then when the Cleric got beat up enough, he would run for it. In the meantime, the 3rd Cleric decided that instead of healing he wanted to attack instead. (At some point, I just stopped chasing everyone and healing so I could kill the mobs trying to kill us.) Long story short, there were multiple deaths (except me who should have been allowed to DD/Tank from the beginning considering our situation) but we managed to get the job done.

During a Herc BH run, I was fortunate enough to be in a squad with an Assassin who JUST COULDN'T WAIT because he had a stealth skill and figured it would be fun to spam it. Not to mention, he was the one giving the orders and became sort of the shadow leader so half the squad would follow him and the other half had to deal with whatever he lured. The problem is, they followed him not knowing he was stealthing. Even in the beginning, I ran ragged trying to catch up with him because he was dying and then running back to the rear to help them out. There were people who died, not knowing (I was one of the ones who was puzzled as well), why they were suddenly swamped with mobs. To make matters worse, he'd run allll the way ahead, realize he was dying and then tell me to heal him. To which I had to tell him to slow down because Clerics can't run that fast. At some point, I wouldn't heal him unless he was close to me and some time after that, he decided to tell us that he was stealthing and not to follow him. But someone told him, "You're gonna have to come back when you need to be healed so you might as well slow down." He compromised by telling us when he was going to stealth. He seemingly got bored of it when he ran far enough and realized that he wouldn't be able to attack AND survive with the rest of the squad taking out the mobs behind him. Later on, he made up for it by getting on his 9X Cleric but then he got back on the Assassin later. :(
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    During a Herc BH run, I was fortunate enough to be in a squad with an Assassin who JUST COULDN'T WAIT because he had a stealth skill and figured it would be fun to spam it. Not to mention, he was the one giving the orders and became sort of the shadow leader so half the squad would follow him and the other half had to deal with whatever he lured. The problem is, they followed him not knowing he was stealthing. Even in the beginning, I ran ragged trying to catch up with him because he was dying and then running back to the rear to help them out. There were people who died, not knowing (I was one of the ones who was puzzled as well), why they were suddenly swamped with mobs. To make matters worse, he'd run allll the way ahead, realize he was dying and then tell me to heal him. To which I had to tell him to slow down because Clerics can't run that fast. At some point, I wouldn't heal him unless he was close to me and some time after that, he decided to tell us that he was stealthing and not to follow him. But someone told him, "You're gonna have to come back when you need to be healed so you might as well slow down." He compromised by telling us when he was going to stealth. He seemingly got bored of it when he ran far enough and realized that he wouldn't be able to attack AND survive with the rest of the squad taking out the mobs behind him. Later on, he made up for it by getting on his 9X Cleric but then he got back on the Assassin later. :(
    its scary to think he plays with a mindset like that on his cleric too...high lvl at that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Vanora - Lost City
    Vanora - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have a story on a Bh 39 that I was helping a fellow guildie with, the party consisted of a high 5x cleric (who did a very good job) a 5x barb (fail) a high 6x Bm (went afk before we got to farren) and myself a 7x veno, Well anyways I pull the 3 mobs away from farren killed them off and let the barb tank (bad idea) well first time through they died and of course that left me to run from farren (arcane build) no charm regular pots... well I we didnt kill all the mobs on our way to farren whats the point right? well i drew aggro of couse made it almost to the start untill I got froze from a mob, well that left me to die as well. well none of my cleric friends where online so i go back to town and I get a message in squad chat from the barb saying he has a cleric friend so I invite her (5x cleric) well I run her in killin the spare mobs we left got to the rest of the squad she rezs we all regroup, rebuff if u will, and I come up with the plan to keep both clerics behind the piller so the aoe doesnt hit them have the barb run up grab aggro and i go to the left of the piller right out of range and wait for him to bleed farren, this happens I spark ironwood, lucky, noxious end of spark well I take aggro after this (Hitting 17ks 3 times in a row doesnt help my case) but whatev, farren faces me which is fine but the bad thing is he wants to come close so i make a quick decision to take him to the top notheast wall away from the clerics barb comes back up I said dont worry I got this let both clerics heal me of couse he doesnt listen hes a gung ho type of barb not party orriented, well its all good we get the job done, well this dumb **** barb wants to run though the top of the little hill by farren which is infested with mobs he gets himself killed and one of the clerics she aggroed while healing his dumb ****, well i grab aggo for all those mobs let the cleric keep me healed while i killed em and she rezed both the party members that died and that was it, we made it through the rest of the bh with minimal losses as soon as the barb said o hey wait here while I go turn this in maybe ill have another he teles out and I finish up before he gets back. well thats my story lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Through the storm, through the mist, through these troubled times my sword will prevail...
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bh59 gluttonix and the cleric decides he has to leave. Problem here is, I'm a cleric too but only a paliden (and yes I warned the squad well in advance...I'm not "holding them back" so shush before someone says it -.-), so I'm not exactly in a position to heal well. Fortunately one of the veno's has a herc so everything's ok...

...or would be if anyone understood agro :/ Glutt is lured, herc takes agro and we start off....barb immediately goes tiger form, and spams ream like a lunatic. Of course he gets agro and I manage to keep him alive for a minute or two before he dies. Both me and the veno are wtf'ing at this point...no response from barb. But it gets better. Archer sparks. No joke. Pulls agro in two seconds and refuses to let go. Thankfully my purify is maxed...and on 5 mag stat I manage to easily solo heal the archer and rez the barb midway and we finish the BH.

Oh and the BM is hacking away pretty crazily too, also with a death-wish it seemed but thanks to the archer and barb his wish wasn't granted. Fun times.

And after all that? I get the moody treatment from the barb for letting him die and everyone disbands without a word.
  • Lucrecix - Harshlands
    Lucrecix - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've had so many different stories of fail squads, mostly in bh39 (why is that place the lurer for the most epic fail squads anyway?). Like this one time, I was helping a friend do his bh, and he was awesome - not stupid at all and helped out my case by not trying to kill himself @_@. Unfortunately, the other members of the squad didn't feel like being so nice to me. We got to Farren and someone in the squad had a Zeal (No veno in the squad b:surrender) so they would lure the mobs. Well as it turned out, someone else decided to be stupid and use a random genie skill on the mob, luring all 3 groupies & Farren. And then decided to run back on the hill by the 4 mini Farrens and lure them too. End of story. I'll miss my exp.
    Another one in bh39, I was a squad that was rather reckless when it came to mobs but i always managed to heal them all before they died. Well the bm that was gonna tank got dc'd before the boss, and we were doing Calcid so it was no biggie, we had some Assassin tank him and it was pretty quick & painless. o_o; But then we went back to Farren (The Hunter man messed up our bh's :<), and the bm was tanking rather nicely but then said 'Sin did a little too much DDing and stole aggro. I spammed him but he still died Dx and I can't really remember what happened after that? I think he needed Farren so I was resing him , but in the meantime, he kept getting hit by his AoE. I told the bm to take farren away, not thinking she would run to the mob behind Farren. She aggro'd that one, and she obviously died. (I wasn't gonna heal and pull aggro >_< but I got it anyway!) I had a charm & I'm LA build so my phys def was pretty nice to take Farren's hits while resing & healing & trying to kill the mobs that the bm aggro'd . Just about everyone in that squad died, and I was doing good, getting everyone res'd and out of AoE range. Well. I decided I was gonna tank Farren. I was doing fine until he decided he wanted to run up the hill. I completely forgot those 4 at the top and that if I hit Farren, it would lure ALL of them onto me. I guess that was fail on my part. So I had to go to town. :< But atleast I realized I can tank Farren if need be b:victory