Fail squads and awesome Clerics.

Seylia - Heavens Tear
Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
Who has had it happen when you're all being awesome and healing, and then your squad does something stupid and gets just about everyone killed?

Tell us the story >=)
Post edited by Seylia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well there WAS this one time. At band camp...
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Well there WAS this one time. At band camp...

...and then the raccoon ran off with Fred, it was very sad.

No, but seriously, I've had plenty of time where my squad killed off everyone while I was trying to heal. Kept getting attacked, and instead of saving me they tried to save themselves and died anyway.

I swear -_-.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    when I'm doing BH with 3-4 clerics it's easy to figure out^^

last time it was bh59 drake (3 clerics, 2 BM, light wiz). I was playing BM and asked to the clerics who had the highest fire res. ok everything set, after reaching the boss I explained it again... we had no-one to pull the boss so the other BM and I had to hit everything at once. we got aggro over everything with AOE but we had no heal/purify and then other BM died quickly. Then I had aggro and ended up dead, right after killing last mob. After that the cleric who agreed to tank got aggro and started to attack with own IH. Meanwhile the other 2 clerics reviving desperately but without a heal. The wizard surprisingly started to heal the tanking cleric... Right after that, I and the other BM were revived and the tanking cleric died. After the tank got revived 1 cleric started to heal and everything worked. Then I noticed the other cleric was doing NOTHING at all. I kicked the cleric and there was a lot of QQ.

Even then I've got to tell that tanking cleric saved the day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Who has had it happen when you're all being awesome and healing, and then your squad does something stupid and gets just about everyone killed?

Tell us the story >=)

Yep, sure enough... when the archer steals aggro from TT bosses, it's party wipe, needless to mention which bosses tho.

Or when a low HP'ed bm decides to tank Pole and Gaurnob, it's party wipe again, even with 2 decent 85+ clerics.

And, of course, the verbal abuse that follows has broken many friendships.

Happens every day.

b:angry
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Or when a low HP'ed bm decides to tank Pole and Gaurnob, it's party wipe again, even with 2 decent 85+ clerics.

A good lvl80 cleric can solo heal a lowhp BM there (zero lag and perfect Purify timing), it's just a bit risky.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Perfectly doable. Done it with a BM with 5.5k HP, and I'm sure there are those that can do it with less. As Bagoly_ mentioned, there's just literally no room for error. You mistime a Purify and it's pretty much game over.

At least with Polearm. Guarnob there's more room for error, since Curse is cake compared to Armor Break. b:shocked
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    T______T I've always been unlucky in FB/BH39s for some reason...

Like just recently even though I said I wouldn't help anymore, I joined in to help a BH39 right? I was so stupid... Lost all my exp all over again and the barb and archer just kept running off into opposite directions and expected me to heal b:sweat

I hate when people do that... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Those all sound wacky but I can top it. Anyway I was helping this bh39 and the squad had 2 cleric (one being me), 1 archer , 1 wiz and 1 barb I think. We come to farren and I'm like the boss is easy but since there are many people I will bb and the barb will tank. Everything was going ok until someone (not telling who) magically found a place to be out of the bb range and inside the aoe so he dies. Then when the other cleric is about the rez and goes there they die too so I stop bb. I ironheart the barb rez rez ironheart. But everyone just kept coming inside aoe range and die again so I said to stay away multiple times. So then what I did was take the boss go far then the oher cleric which survived the rez was gonna revive others and then I was gonna kill the boss from far. When I was having a picnic with the boss that other clerics (being out of dead quickly) couldn't revive everyone cause of mana so I was waiting there with he boss until she does then I was gonna kill it when she revives the dead wiz. BUT!!! the barb didn't listen to me comes to the boss and despite my warnings not to he kills the boss and the dead wiz who didn't get the kill insults and goes. I am trully thankful to the archer and the other cleric for trying to cooperate and wish tem the best luck
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Holyy that reminds me of a similar sereneti run for me too.

Squad makeup: 1 5x Archer, 1 5x wiz, 1 6x veno with very very very bad equips, 1 5x bm, + me (lvl 7x cleric, so I had no problem)

Well. It all started when our veno pulled an add and our bm decided to attack it within range of sereneti. Everything aggros everybody. I immediately set up bb but by the time it was up, all the 5xs were dead. Ok. I break out of BB. I aggro Sereneti since it hits me for ~ 300s and I can tank it no problem. So between healing myself, healing the veno, spamming 'get out of aoe, get out of aoe', I start ressing the 5xs every once in a while. Veno doesn't get out of aoe. Veno dies. The 5xs I ressed, accepted one at a time and died one at a time.

Me: Stop ressing! You'll die from aoe.
    Me *continues to attack farren / heal self / res people*

Imagine the squad bar: My hp bar is full, everyone else is dead. Life bar of a 5x flashes on. Then flashes off again. Repeat. I am desperately trying to type between my resses.

Me: WAIT until everyone's ressed, I'll pull it away.
    Me *resses veno*
    Veno comes alive at 10% health, pots. Starts attacking sereneti. She doesn't die (right away).
    Me *._. heals her. heals self. heals her. heasl her. res someone*
    - 5 mins later-
    Me: Who doesn't have a res?
    5x Wizard: Me.
    Me *Res wizard*

At this point, I lost aggro on sereneti. Veno now has it. Sereneti is at 10% health.
    Me to Veno: Stop attacking it D: Stopppp.

Veno *keeps attacking*
    Other 5xs, seeing sereneti's low health *uniformly revive while sereneti is still in range*
    Other 5xs: *uniformly die from aoe*

Me to veno: Pull it away pull it awayyyyy x.x
    Veno *pulls sereneti to other end of cave*
    Me *stands between veno and dead 5xs. Heal Heal Res Heal Heal Heal Res, etc*

Everyone finally ressed out of aoe with sereneti at ~ 5% health (veno didn't stop attacking). Bh complete. The end. b:victory

<-- MVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    @ above lol seriously? ur that patient? i wouldnt rez them wait till its almost dead and if they **** it up theyre fault lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm generally a nice person unlike most that play PWI lol. :P

So, if someone needs a boss kill, or BH I'll /usually/ run it/kill it for them. If people need TT runs I'll consider it, it all depends on the BARB.

I'm sorry, but if there is a fail barb that doesn't like to spam Flesh Ream, I won't go. I've been killed more times than I can count because a barb doesn't like to hold the boss in place. -________________________-

Any squad can be good with a good cleric/barb. No offense but any class can DD... <_<;;
    It's not a special talent lol. Of course Archer/Wizards are better at it than most, but than again.. They pull all the time.

Best squad I ever had was a Barb, me and litterarly 4 other clerics.. :P It was awesome.
    Please, call me Kiyo. b:thanks

"..Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... "
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ugkz7d.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    @ above lol seriously? ur that patient? i wouldnt rez them wait till its almost dead and if they **** it up theyre fault lol

Yeah but it was a squad from my old faction. If they didn't get bh done we would've had to do it over b:surrender

I'm only patient where there's no chance of me dying and it was still really really funny even at the time. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Surprisingly nothing TOO bad worth remembering in the past few dungeons ;o amazing isnt it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well this Barb demanded heals when he had about 10 mobs on him, only one he actually attacked.. I told him to AOE the rest, he didn't listen, just kept going 'CLERIC HEAL ME OR I LEAVE SQUAD'. -_-; So I healed him, of course got swamped by mobs and died, and he raged and left squad anyway.

Gotta love fail barbs. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Once upon a time, there was a bh292 squad formed by 2 barbs, 1 bm, a veno and myself being the only cleric.

we headed to quingzi's room cause they wanted to make the veno pull him trhu the door, but veno didn't knew how to do it. So after a few minutes trying to explain how to do it, one of the barbs said "enough, going to kill towerling", followed by "I'll cover ya" from me.

We were getting into the towerling's room when the BM screams "COME BACK!". The veno finally managed to pull qungzi, but it was too late. When i reach them the veno and one barb were dead, and the BM was about to die. I try to heal him but was too late.

Luckily before Quingzi comes after me the other barb gets aggro so i began to stack IH on him till his HP is stable, then res BM, IH IH IH IH tank, cast chromatic healing beam, IH IH IH tank, res other barb, IH IH IH tank, chromatic healing beam, IH IH IH tank, res veno, IH IH IH tank, chromatic healing beam, IH IH IH tank, chromatic healing beam, rinse and repeat till everyone's HP is maxed and Quingzi is dead.

was quitee a challenge but we (barb and me) managed to save the day, and got a lot of invitations for BHs and FBs after this run b:victory
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Most of my fail squads were usually just a few people, not a whole squad. So I can't really comment on that.. But I wouldn't use the term awesome, people getting praised often does more harm than good. It's better to consider yourself decent despite of how well you may perform.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Probably my crowning moment as a cleric was when I went to a serenetti run, the lurer failed, neither barb had roar, and the BM died in a valiant attempt to save me. After the BM went down, both barbs and the lurer bit it, and I was alone with Farren and his cronies all bearing down on me.

I hit some sort of Zen-like state, put up plume shell, and spammed IH until shell cooled down again. Then, I popped it again and for 15 seconds, I was invincible. I used this time to kill one of farren's adds, then repeated it until they were all dead.

Finally, it was just me and farren, so I followed my pattern, ran to the barb, rezzed him. He rezzed into the AoE and died.

Then I ran to the BM, who rezzed out of the Aoe and I told him to stay away from the AoE. He listened.

Then, I ran to the last barb. When rezzed, he waited until I lured farren away, got up, and promptly ran into ANOTHER crowd of mobs and died.

The veno cursed and left squad cause I didn't rezz her first.

Long story short, I followed my pattern and tanked farren long enough to get off several combat rezzes and then finished him off solo. It felt soooo good.
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Well this Barb demanded heals when he had about 10 mobs on him, only one he actually attacked.. I told him to AOE the rest, he didn't listen, just kept going 'CLERIC HEAL ME OR I LEAVE SQUAD'. -_-; So I healed him, of course got swamped by mobs and died, and he raged and left squad anyway.

Gotta love fail barbs. b:surrender

Oh jeez, kill me now. >.<
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A good lvl80 cleric can solo heal a lowhp BM there (zero lag and perfect Purify timing), it's just a bit risky.

You're right, and I've done bh59 before with only 2 other players, I being the only cleric, IH-spamming and purifying.

But in this particular one, we were full squad, with 2 herc'ed venos and another very competent higher-levelled cleric. The problem was that the bm mis-played his character and blamed the clerics for his epic fail and when we reacted, he suggested maybe the cave was glitched.

In any case, it's the verbal abuse he used that was really uncalled for and insulting. After finishing that bh, I just scratched him off my friends list.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    . After finishing that bh, I just scratched him off my friends list.

Some people are so obnoxious.

There was this one time where it was a squad of one cleric (myself) and 4 venos and a wizard.

So we're all killing the mobs in this bh, and I see that no one's tanking, and everyone wants me to heal them. So, we get to the boss, and we still don't know who is tanking, so I ask so I know who to heal.

One of the venos decided to b*tch at me for most of the time I was there, and then just left to join another BH squad that needed me.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Some people are so obnoxious.

There was this one time where it was a squad of one cleric (myself) and 4 venos and a wizard.

So we're all killing the mobs in this bh, and I see that no one's tanking, and everyone wants me to heal them. So, we get to the boss, and we still don't know who is tanking, so I ask so I know who to heal.

One of the venos decided to b*tch at me for most of the time I was there, and then just left to join another BH squad that needed me.

Awww xD I hope you kicked the veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jesusdudetyler
    jesusdudetyler Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yah i had two barbs start saying " i can never die! were so awesome!" and then they both ran in opposite directions one tried to kill farng and the other tried to kill krixx -_- then krixx decided to be the bully that he is and kill the veno and the archer in the party and i got yelled at because i cant heal two people in two different spots at the same time >.<
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was kicked into BH once because I was using Blessing of the Purehearted to gather chi while waiting for someone afk to come back. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited December 2009
    @fb70

tell your wr tanks to start using alter marrow. the wr will still have a significant amount of pdef after the debuff and buys plenty of time to safely purify with a delay. I've been solo healing that fb since I did my own fb70.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was kicked into BH once because I was using Blessing of the Purehearted to gather chi while waiting for someone afk to come back. b:surrender

AHAHAHAH, harsh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    AHAHAHAH, harsh.

One reason I don't follow the advice of most clerics and go for the "let someone die" or "kick someone from squad" approach. In the end we can't get inside someone else's head and see their reasoning, and even if I might lose more exp from it, I don't want to be kicking someone that knows what they're doing because I think they're failing.

I'd much prefer to be a softie than harsh like most b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    One reason I don't follow the advice of most clerics and go for the "let someone die" or "kick someone from squad" approach. In the end we can't get inside someone else's head and see their reasoning, and even if I might lose more exp from it, I don't want to be kicking someone that knows what they're doing because I think they're failing.

I'd much prefer to be a softie than harsh like most b:surrender

*boots Aadi*
    NO SYMPATHIZING >:O
    IMO, letting someone die to save the rest of a squad is better than letting the person keep on wiping. Ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    let-someone-die-clers are pretty lazy or just bad imo b:surrender
    i mean ones that abuse rule

coz rly, those situations when u need to let some toon die are very, very rare

lately, u can see clers that let die almost every bad mob-pull or when DD take few mobs on himself

bleh :P
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I understand you pretty well girl. I once got scolded and called "noob fail cleric" by a heavy armoured cleric (or paladin as they like to call themselves) cause I was using Blessing of the Purehearted while doing a fb29. b:sweat
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *boots Aadi*
    NO SYMPATHIZING >:O
    IMO, letting someone die to save the rest of a squad is better than letting the person keep on wiping. Ijs

QQ b:sadb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."