How much does it cost to make Cleric?

2»

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    very very true, before I started doing FF I had chromatic at lvl 1, because it costed enough mp at that lvl and lvl 1 got the job done. but I had to lvl it for FF. I use herb yaunxio, and how quickly chrome and ih combo's drain my mp is so ridiculous it makes me cry. It makes bb look cheap.

b:sad Sage Chrome Heal = 1800 MP per cast/Sage Stream of Rejuv = 1000 MP per cast b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I got thru mp pots and charms like water.... my last gold mp charm lasted me 3 days lol (oh but what fun i had lol)

D.
    b:victory
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Total cost to get to that particular level.

EDIT: Judging a class' expenses by the total cost of skills is non-sense. However, I do believe that clerics have a high mp cost. On my veno, I tend to use only ironwood/venom scarab, each cost <110mp. IH costs 200+ mp. See the difference? 1 Chrome heal= 970mp! Friggen insane. Now that I think of it, BB would actually be more cost effective that spamming IH + chrome on AoE bosses if possible.

On prolonged boss battles where I'm not expected to debuff or DD and the damage reduction of BB isn't needed, I would never hit the boss and just pop a concentrate orb. This way, my mp would regenerate faster than I could spam IH + purify + chromatic for 10 minutes at a time. If I was in BB for that 10 minutes, I would need to pot myself even with a concentrate orb in effect. But you are right, the basic cost of spamming IH is higher than holding up a BB.
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well. . actually it's free

all classes are

remember pwi is a free to play MMO b:pleased
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well. . actually it's free

all classes are

remember pwi is a free to play MMO b:pleased

That would end all of discussion :P

But, no matter how you calculate it... based on skills, gears, grind, clothes, rides, genie and the most important is based on hp/ mp usage with pots, apot or charms... Cleric is the most expensive class to play... and it's approved ~

That's all ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well, it depends on gamestyle too tbh

if u heal, debuff and dd then -yea- u have serious cost

if u eat orb and lazly put ih every 3-5s then ur costs may be bit lower..
    or if u take 2nd cler just to lower cost ;0

there was topic about lazy DDs.. but clers can be too b:chuckle
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Yes we can be lazy b:laugh
    b:dirty
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well, it depends on gamestyle too tbh

if u heal, debuff and dd then -yea- u have serious cost

if u eat orb and lazly put ih every 3-5s then ur costs may be bit lower..
    or if u take 2nd cler just to lower cost ;0

One can eat orb, constantly spam IH as soon as cooldown's over and as long as one isn't in battle mode, the recovery should still put one in the positive. (unless there's some serious -chan gear.) If the tank is robust enough for the cleric to actually rest for 3-5 seconds in between IHs, then DD and debuffs are in order. Standing there doing nothing because no one needs healing is a fail cleric in my book, not merely a different play style.
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    our job in instances is to prevent other melee charm from ticking (if they have any) and the whole 6 pple alive. I think that would cost alot, moreso than the tank.

You know this really depends on how the barb plays. Personally when I play my barb I eat Hp/Mp pots to aid in healing, and help ensure a successful run. I know not everyone even bothers trying to carry their own weight, but that will never change. For me playing a barb, I know that the less a cleric has to spam heal me, the better chance I have of keeping aggro, and ofc hp pots are cheaper the mp pots :P

All classes get insanely expensive towards end game depending on how good you want you character to be. Veno's may be the cheapest getting there, but I don't wanna pay for a herc/phoenix anymore than I want to pay to refine all my gear etc.. = )
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    fiznik wrote: »
    You know this really depends on how the barb plays. Personally when I play my barb I eat Hp/Mp pots to aid in healing, and help ensure a successful run. I know not everyone even bothers trying to carry their own weight, but that will never change. For me playing a barb, I know that the less a cleric has to spam heal me, the better chance I have of keeping aggro, and ofc hp pots are cheaper the mp pots :P

All classes get insanely expensive towards end game depending on how good you want you character to be. Veno's may be the cheapest getting there, but I don't wanna pay for a herc/phoenix anymore than I want to pay to refine all my gear etc.. = )
    ill be willing to bet 4 out of 10 barbs will not even have a charm, and 8 out of 10 will not even touch their pots... thus is reality
    If it were that good we would notice it. We are the class that sits and stares at the whole squads HP bar the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    fiznik wrote: »
    and ofc hp pots are cheaper the mp pots :P

Bs right here. You can get 5k mp food for ~1k each.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wizards have the most skill costs FTW :D
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
    edited January 2010
    i wish i could stand there like the last wizzy did in the BH just waiting for his mp to replenish naturally during a boss fight.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Bs right here. You can get 5k mp food for ~1k each.

You can also buy hp food, sadly you've called bs on the wrong issue. I stated hp POTS are cheaper than mp POTS. I use both food and pots, but what I stated still remains true.

I have great respect for those that choose to play a cleric. Believe me I know it's not cheap, regardless of whether it's the most expensive class or not. But I get disgusted when a cleric refuses to even carry pots, then waits till a squad reaches a boss to declare they can't keep up BB long enough to heal through the fight.

On the same token, I wouldn't blame any cleric for giving a tank hell because they aren't aiding in keeping themselves healed by way of pots or the like. If we all try to play our roles things can go very smoothly. When we dump the load on everyone else, it usually lessens the quality of the experience for everyone.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In honesty I don't think a tank should have to use hp pots in a run if there is a cleric. I do think they should use mp pots, and if they do something stupid like run into a group before the cleric is there or is healing else where then they should heal themselves. but regularly? no. And do most of them? no.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i wish i could stand there like the last wizzy did in the BH just waiting for his mp to replenish naturally during a boss fight.

I actually managed to not use a single MP food healing in a fb69. sure it was a 96 barb and filled with 9x DDs and i'm playing as a 9x cleric... I managed to heal x 5 > meditate for 10 seconds > heal x 5 times > demon spark at some point for MP renewal

Once my wife and I manage to earn enough money to spare for demon celestial guardian's seal, MP food saving will be easier.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
    edited January 2010
    I actually managed to not use a single MP food healing in a fb69. sure it was a 96 barb and filled with 9x DDs and i'm playing as a 9x cleric... I managed to heal x 5 > meditate for 10 seconds > heal x 5 times > demon spark at some point for MP renewal

Once my wife and I manage to earn enough money to spare for demon celestial guardian's seal, MP food saving will be easier.
    i failed to note the incident i was in. It was FB99 where the boss had MP bleed. Hence why the wizzy was just standing there lol
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Deceptipoo could get sage spirit's gift :o
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lol - I have Demon Ironheart and let me tell ya, Tanks don't need to have to worry about anything but a repair fee when they're w/ me.

Do you know how much it ends up costing you when you end up spamming a 400 mp spell repeatedly on top of debuffs? Add on to the fact that most cleric skills actually have a use and are maxed by most people.... it gets really expensive.
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    drmarley wrote: »
    Lol - I have Demon Ironheart and let me tell ya, Tanks don't need to have to worry about anything but a repair fee when they're w/ me.

Do you know how much it ends up costing you when you end up spamming a 400 mp spell repeatedly on top of debuffs? Add on to the fact that most cleric skills actually have a use and are maxed by most people.... it gets really expensive.

>.>...I also have demon Ironheart and tanks love it--but at this point, I'm finding BB more and more tempting in terms of minimal effort and MP cost. Especially the MP cost. Spamming Ironheart drains my MP like no tomorrow... >.>;

The cost of a cleric is also higher depending on what you want to do. Not only do we have to max nearly every skill, plus the MP cost, we ALSO need to have very good gear so we're not oneshotted by AoE bosses--or stray mobs. A dead cleric is useless afterall.

...and if you're a decent cleric and you actually debuff + attack inbetween heals, you've got even MORE weapon repair cost.
    edited January 2010
    drmarley wrote: »

If a tank complains they dont get 300mp, which is LESS mp than using a lv20 Condensed Mana Potion recovering 330mp, they deserve to die.