How much does it cost to make Cleric?

MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
How much does it cost to make Cleric?How much are our skills?

I refer you to this thread.http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=579612

I would say we no 1 when it comes to cost.
This posted by Brael,Here's the total coin costs for skills using the lists on ecatomb (and including 1,050,000 per 79 skill since that's what the ink costs)
Archer - 64,131,462
Barbarian - 68,055,402
Blademaster - 1 tree=50,989,340, 2 trees=69,621,340, 3 trees=88,253,340, 4 trees=106,885,402
Cleric - 60,351,604
Venomancer - 74,068,010 (pets not included)
Wizard - 76,980,070

A bag of pets cost coin too. Not everyone is going to customize pets to the same degree, lets say I'm on the high end of things and take half of what I spent on customizing, the data is here. So we'll use 6 on pet customization (12.2 million in is what my data says I've spent).

Adding the 6 million that makes the order:
Blademaster x4 106,885,402
Blademaster x3 88,253,340
Venomancer 80,068,010
Wizard 76,980,070
Blademaster x2 69,621,340
Barbarian 68,055,402
Archer 64,131,462
Cleric 60,351,604
Blademaster x1 50,989,340
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Um..

The only thing we're higher than there is a one tree BM. Unless I'm reading it wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    factor in MP cost.
    o.O'
    that should bump up both wizard and clerics.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Um..

The only thing we're higher than there is a one tree BM. Unless I'm reading it wrong?

Was thinking the same thing.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Well then barbs should be bumped for repair costs b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All classes are expensive in their own way, so I doubt we'd really be #1 when it comes to cost.

No class has to be expensive. But if they choose to make it expensive by buying good gear and such, then it is expensive.

Besides, you have 100-105 levels to learn those skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
    edited January 2010
    venos = virtually no repair cost.
    and mp cost drops like mad since they can swap in hp pots and change them into mp.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010

And add the $$ for 89, 92 and 99 skills.
    And add 40mill per level 100 skill.

<--- dunno where or how they can come up with these the numbers for this "cost guide" b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    venos = virtually no repair cost.
    and mp cost drops like mad since they can swap in hp pots and change them into mp.
    b:surrender
    A good veno virtually never runs out of MP b:surrender
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    A good veno virtually never runs out of MP b:surrender

Clerics wish they have a MP recovering skill like Venos or even a MP increase skill like wizzies. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A remotely competent veno never runs out of MP b:surrender
    Fixed it for you.

Also, keep in mind that that includes maxing all skills, including those that well, kinda suck. Archers and Wizards rarely bother leveling their DoTs, for example.

From my personal experience, I'd say Venos are the cheapest class to play, followed closely by Archers.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Fixed it for you.

Also, keep in mind that that includes maxing all skills, including those that well, kinda suck. Archers and Wizards rarely bother leveling their DoTs, for example.

From my personal experience, I'd say Venos are the cheapest class to play, followed closely by Archers.

Unless if you add the herc/nix, it all becomes a different story and refine your gear as an archer. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Clerics wish they have a MP recovering skill like Venos or even a MP increase skill like wizzies. b:angry

they already has one.
    ._.

it be called hp/mp regen.
    (>.<)'

it gives as much mp regen as wizards water shield does.
    (X_X)'
    (except that wizards can stack both the cleric mp regen buff and their own shield mp regen)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    they already has one.
    ._.

it be called hp/mp regen.
    (>.<)'

it gives as much mp regen as wizards water shield does.
    (X_X)'
    (except that wizards can stack both the cleric mp regen buff and their own shield mp regen)

Not talking about sage/demon skills here. You guys get wellspring quaff b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In reality that cost guide says very very little about the costs of classes. Since all classes have skills that are just not worth lvling, more due to spirit restrictions then money. but as far as skills that everybody ingame will expect you to have. Cleric is expected to have almost all of them, while other classes it's not the case. gameplay costs are really what make things difficult though. Cleric and barb by far have higher in game costs then pretty much any other class. Which one costs more though I can't truly say, personally I think it's cleric. But I have never played a barb. Though I once asked barb the repair bill after a run and he replied the repair bill on that run was 30k while I had used nearly 80k worth of pots. but it also depends on many things, like what kind of pots you can use (couldn't use lvl 75 event pots at that time), the quality of the squad... whole bunch of things, some runs that used to cost tons of money for me to do, no simply cost next to nothing due to larger mana pool and better mp conservation.
    edited January 2010
    Not talking about sage/demon skills here. You guys get wellspring quaff b:surrender

???
    no seriously
    you guys get that Celestial Guardian's Seal thingy
    it gives as much mp regen as Glacial Embrace (wizard water shield)
    gives
    and it gives hp regen.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I actually don't notice the difference with the buff or without the buff anymore when grinding. b:cry

So I guess we do have a HP/MP regen skill but it's not that noticeable anymore. The HP regen probably is but the MP...not really. D:

At least increased mana pool will save clerics the trouble from running out of BB powah. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    you really don't notice
    30x60x10 = 18,000 mp back?

lol just kidding
    since it be over 30 minutes it be hard to notice...but it be there
    b:avoid
    and that means you save about 3+ 5k event pots.
    b:victory
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I actually don't notice the difference with the buff or without the buff anymore when grinding. b:cry

So I guess we do have a HP/MP regen skill but it's not that noticeable anymore. The HP regen probably is but the MP...not really. D:

At least increased mana pool will save clerics the trouble from running out of BB powah. b:surrender

You don't notice the difference? I do...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    You don't notice the difference? I do...b:surrender

I really don't. It's pretty upsetting. I do notice it when I use apoth pots but then too lazy to farm mats since I transferred my land mount to my psychic. b:surrender

But then when you're grinding (or catching up to quests), you don't really notice CGS's recovery. When you're using BB, you don't really notice it either. But then I rarely use BB.

But really, I barely notice the effects of CGS except if I'm just running around in BH catching up to the barb. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, we got it, but I rarely use it. Charm will still tick just as often/I'll still be using MP potions like crazy.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

It is not as good as Nature's Grace for for rebuilding mana back up.

Mrvate may have pint though I over looked as in Barbs cost a lot as well.
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    When I grind on mobs with a similarly leveled wizzie, I kill faster (only very slightly) but the wizzie mp recovers faster with both cleric and wizzie buffs on. I always find myself out of mp much faster than the wizzies and the wizzies coming out of meditation sooner even with quaff. Not that I think responsible wizzies have easy jobs or cheaper costs in squad instance runs, but they can definitely slack off more than a cleric can. A lazy wizzie that doesn't do enough DPS can call it trying to not pull aggro off the tank. A lazy cleric typically shows fairly clearly with squad wipes and charm ticks galore.
    Wishful Thinking:
    1. I wish wizzies can cast their water shield on others.
    2. I wish wizzies have more powerful chi-less aoe spells, hailstorm just doesn't cut it. I mean, they are wizzies, they are suppose to shoot death every which way..... not always waiting for sparks. (Yeah, I know the higher lvl wizzies wait less.)
    3. I wish clerics can revive ourselves.

Back to the cost issue. I find the quality of the squad varies the cost to a cleric to a huge degree. I eat herb yuanxiao on instance runs like popcorn, fail squads make me ingest them by the bucket full. Ex: A successful FC run with no HP charm, burning 60 herb yuanxiao + 10 concentrate orb is costly but still justifiable; a failed FC run burning 150K off my HP charm, 50 herb yuanxiao + 6 concentrate orb by the 4th boss is showing that a much deeper coin drain awaits if you wish to proceed further. To me, a good team lowers my cost significantly, a bad team steals my wallet. Remember, every squad wipe = 2 herb yuanxiao in mp cost alone(revive*5+group buffs+chromatic+2 IHs for barb). The key to keeping my cleric's cost down is to know when to quit your squad. =P

Personal Experience:
    My cleric back in lvl50s was so happy to have 600K coins saved while keeping all relevant skills up-to-date. Then lvl59 broke the bank.
    My wizzie back in lvl50s was broke with 200K or so in emergency funds. Just had to lvl everything that pew pew-ed + all 3 shields -.-. (my cleric supplied HP pots, lent some coins on occasion too.) Magic Resistant mobs made me cry.
    My veno is currently lvl53 with 5.2mil coins saved while keeping all relevant skills and her 3 primary pets up-to-date. I don't know if lvl59 will break her bank though. She does not use pots in general. She has absolutely no downtime while grinding. And she does not care whether the mob is SA, or resistant, or special in any other way. And she deeply appreciates her pets' willingness to die in order to get her out of a jam. (She borrowed 50K from the cleric in the beginning, but has since repaid 10-fold.)
    My archer is currently lvl41 with 600K coins saved while keeping all relevant skills up-to-date. (my veno supplies all ammo.) Plays like a breeze. Coins don't matter much to me, pots don't matter much to me.
    My assassin is currently lvl47 and completely broke. The biggest eater of pots I've ever seen. (my veno supplies all HP/MP pots and Life Powder. I simply don't play my assassin until my veno has grinded the pots needed.) Could be that I just don't know how to play a melee class. b:surrender
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I could use some help on this as to the cost of our skills here.i don't know what the brackets mean.

Cleric: lvl 89 Spirit: 1.000.000 (1.089.600) Coin: 1.000.000 (1.114.552)

Skill
    ●Blessing of the Purehearted lv10

Cleric: lvl 51 Spirit: 42.560 (139.360) Coin: 56.000 (181.472)

Skill
    Ironheart Blessing Level 10,

Cleric: lvl 54 Spirit: 51.200 (171.680) Coin: 68.000 (223.920)

Skill
    Wellspring Surge Level 10
    to be continued
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    our job in instances is to prevent other melee charm from ticking (if they have any) and the whole 6 pple alive. I think that would cost alot, moreso than the tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2010

^^This...I've read the "Are Venos the Cheapest Class" Thread in the veno section, and I'm mad that some people say that our mp regen buff should help with our mana usage problem. Yet those people don't see it in our shoes.b:cry....Comeon 10mp per sec?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I could use some help on this as to the cost of our skills here.i don't know what the brackets mean.

Total cost to get to that particular level.

EDIT: Judging a class' expenses by the total cost of skills is non-sense. However, I do believe that clerics have a high mp cost. On my veno, I tend to use only ironwood/venom scarab, each cost <110mp. IH costs 200+ mp. See the difference? 1 Chrome heal= 970mp! Friggen insane. Now that I think of it, BB would actually be more cost effective that spamming IH + chrome on AoE bosses if possible.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Tayrin - Lost City
    Tayrin - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ^^This...I've read the "Are Venos the Cheapest Class" Thread in the veno section, and I'm mad that some people say that our mp regen buff should help with our mana usage problem. Yet those people don't see it in our shoes.b:cry....Comeon 10mp per sec?

Not to mention, clerics can't just stop healing to take a break and save on pots (unless of course there are two clerics). Other classes can stop if they need to. b:surrender
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Not to mention, clerics can't just stop healing to take a break and save on pots (unless of course there are two clerics). Other classes can stop if they need to. b:surrender
    Plus for other class, they usually don't care if they're charmed or not but it's not the same for clerics (usually). b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010

EDIT: Judging a class' expenses by the total cost of skills is non-sense. However, I do believe that clerics have a high mp cost. On my veno, I tend to use only ironwood/venom scarab, each cost <110mp. IH costs 200+ mp. See the difference? 1 Chrome heal= 970mp! Friggen insane. Now that I think of it, BB would actually be more cost effective that spamming IH + chrome on AoE bosses if possible.

very very true, before I started doing FF I had chromatic at lvl 1, because it costed enough mp at that lvl and lvl 1 got the job done. but I had to lvl it for FF. I use herb yaunxio, and how quickly chrome and ih combo's drain my mp is so ridiculous it makes me cry. It makes bb look cheap.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010

melee look at me funny when they say: "Save mp, take down BB and IH"
    and i reply: "BB is more mp efficient" b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan