Helping people

Options

Comments

• Sylvani - Raging Tide
    Sylvani - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For guildies, I will do whatever I can(still learning the game myself), including flying across the map to revive them. As far as randoms, I will buff and revive if they're in the area and ask nicely. Also have the habit of healing someone when I see they're really in trouble.
    "I don't love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz/ or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:/ I love you as one loves certain dark things/ secretly, between the shadow and the soul."
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wholeheartedly agree with this. I've played healers in every online game I've been involved in and the attitude towards healers here is atrocious. My one rule is Protect your Healer. It's surprising how many don't get why.

b:laugh And don't get me started on the skill of other players. Teamwork is very lacking is all I can say.

I help when I can, buff/rev randoms, but I doubt when I have max rev I'll be going to too much trouble for anyone other than those I know.

I've been yelled at before even when I'm sincerely trying to help. I think that protecting the healer is very high priority, because clerics can revive, other classes can't. And we have a very effective heal. And we reduce exp loss. Even on bhs I'm actually on, I sometimes get in trouble and I get yelled at. There have been countless times where people have had me heal them, only to have us both die.

Ex:

BM is fighting a monster in for a bh for Farren Sereneti. Everyone in the squad is 50-ish, including me. Another one wanders too close to me and starts attacking me. BM throws himself at monster. Another one attacks from range. BM hasn't attacked it. He screams HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME. I run, because if I heal, I get aggro from one monster and I'll die in three hits, which wiill result in him dying anyways. He dies, gets mad, yells and leaves squad before I can res him. Which makes me feel kinda guilty. =(

It just makes me wonder why some people don't get monster aggro. Shouldn't they know that clerics can draw aggro and die if they heal when untouched monsters are attacking the tank? Or am I being unreasonable?
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've been yelled at before even when I'm sincerely trying to help. I think that protecting the healer is very high priority, because clerics can revive, other classes can't. And we have a very effective heal. And we reduce exp loss. Even on bhs I'm actually on, I sometimes get in trouble and I get yelled at. There have been countless times where people have had me heal them, only to have us both die.

Ex:

BM is fighting a monster in for a bh for Farren Sereneti. Everyone in the squad is 50-ish, including me. Another one wanders too close to me and starts attacking me. BM throws himself at monster. Another one attacks from range. BM hasn't attacked it. He screams HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME. I run, because if I heal, I get aggro from one monster and I'll die in three hits, which wiill result in him dying anyways. He dies, gets mad, yells and leaves squad before I can res him. Which makes me feel kinda guilty. =(

It just makes me wonder why some people don't get monster aggro. Shouldn't they know that clerics can draw aggro and die if they heal when untouched monsters are attacking the tank? Or am I being unreasonable?

Nope you're not being unreasonable at all. Any player who plays with a cleric should be aware of the heal aggro issue. To be honest the anger they throw at us isn't really at us but at themselves, even if they won't admit it. They need someone to blame rather than be honest with themselves.

In the situation you describe there are two alternatives, neither of which you have any control over. Another squad member takes the aggro of the mob so you can heal the tank and then revive them once the BM has things under control, or the BM simply takes a fall and, ultimately, the party wipes BUT for the cleric who is the only one who can get them back up. Preferably the first.

Another thing others don't seem to take into consideration is we are the only ones who lose experience in these situations if we die. Even if they all die they'll just lay there and wait for you to come revive them. Not really fair is it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if someone really needs the help and asks nice... i'll fly across the map or leave a quest to help... =) I'm an angel...
    b:victory
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It goes whit how I feel I guess. I do help in middle of quest, I put the faction first. Sometimes I meet strangers and will help them whit tough quest especially when there faction is not doing it for him. Or there dumping him right after his FB. And he has Boss to kill.

Things I don't like to do is when people ask me for help and I have to build the team to help them. But if they have other people already I will say yes if I'm available 100% of the time.

I like to fly around low level area an buff random low level. And I can spend hours answering new players questions. Witch most of the time are in a faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

<--Cleric's Meatshield. On my veno, I figure it's my job in a squad to keep anything from touching the cleric. Heck, I've died because I multi-aggroed just to keep the cleric alive. Even more aggravating was the fact that the tank just kept running, so the wonderful cleric caught hell when they rez'ed me instead of healing the tank.

On my cleric there's been some wonderful instances of people shouting at me when they were to blame. I've been blamed for Ks-ing, when I hit the mob first. I've gotten shouted at when I didn't rez some random player, even though I had no mp left. The best was when someone kept spamming me to buff them while I was in the middle of grinding. That was fun. I'm still pretty low there, so no FB/BH stories yet.

Overall, I just chalk it up to people being rude since it's the internet. You take the good with the bad, even though there's a lot more of the bad. Remember that there's always the players out there that will really appreciate what you do for them.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Amorzka - Harshlands
    Amorzka - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Most of the players are decent peeps and I like to help out even with strangers. I never think I have to help though.

Enjoy the game and have fun - everything else will settle out :)
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I went as far as dying 30+ times in a TT and going back to town and back, dying a dozen time for BH39, etc.

That was in Harshlands of course which I'm leaving now b:surrender

b:sweat I'm learning how to say no to people.
    In Raging Tide I'm more careful with my own leveling
    instead of just helping others b:sweat

But I do love helping people but you have to admit, 30+ is bad.
    And when I did leave that squad, they blamed me on everything,
    even though I gave them level 10 res each time and I never got a res
    -.-"
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LOL i actually had a wiz asking me to heal him during a BH... Ah hello... you dont have to tell me what my job is... I do my job very well... so shut it and you take care of business too.
    b:victory
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nope you're not being unreasonable at all. Any player who plays with a cleric should be aware of the heal aggro issue. To be honest the anger they throw at us isn't really at us but at themselves, even if they won't admit it. They need someone to blame rather than be honest with themselves.

In the situation you describe there are two alternatives, neither of which you have any control over. Another squad member takes the aggro of the mob so you can heal the tank and then revive them once the BM has things under control, or the BM simply takes a fall and, ultimately, the party wipes BUT for the cleric who is the only one who can get them back up. Preferably the first.

Another thing others don't seem to take into consideration is we are the only ones who lose experience in these situations if we die. Even if they all die they'll just lay there and wait for you to come revive them. Not really fair is it.

Thanks Shayisha. And yeah, it's not fair at all that we clerics can't revive ourselves and cut down on our exp loss. I've died countless times, and I've only been revived by other clerics twice - for a fb run and for a bh39. It's kinda sad that I revive a ton of people, but I rarely ask for other clerics to revive me nor count on it happening, mostly because I'm often the only cleric in the squad.

And yeah, and concerning BeingHope's post, I'm kinda in the same boat. I love helping others, but there's a limit to how much I can take. Plus, helping others too much means that it'll take forever to level and take care of myself and my alts. Hence why I'm learning to say no sometimes when I just plain can't or when it's too bothersome. Clerics are people, not I-can-guarantee-you-live saints. We have a limit to how much we can take, although some people can take more than others.

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Tenshi - Harshlands
    Tenshi - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like runs when I have my own guard b:chuckle it's usually BM with axes which is always by my side even if I'm afk and other squad members are going to boss or whatever and he/she stays with me. Sweet b:pleased

For dieing, people, exist something like Ress Scroll, cost 50k you can buy it from any Merchant in any cities. I rarely use it, but if I will die by accident or my fault I will use it... or wait for ress for 2 cleric. But I'm not saying squad members that I have one, cuz they have to care about me, so I will not lost my money!
    I knowed cleric which hadn't ressscroll when I asked him why he respond me " It's too costly!" Geez rly? 50k is sooo much money?? I don't think so. And I'm playing carefully, watching life bars members and my too so I rarely die. This ress scroll is just for emergency!

People have to respect me, if are unnice for me I'll kick myself out. I have more than many squads to choose! b:angry
    *^ My alt ^w^

**^ Horny woman in real playing MALE sexy cleric. <3
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I still to this day love it when you get DD's who tell you to heal them on Aoe mobs because they don't want their charm ticking. . Then get mad if their charm does indeed tick once during the fight. . .
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On HT ppl. who know me, know they can expect help anytime they need it. I have been given Molds, Coins, Gold, etc...Just for helping!
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    awww, I tell ppl. in a dungeon that I have a charm, worry about them first! I can always buy another, gimme a break; Friking Cry Babies Hahaha Oooh my Charm is hit Waaaaa!
  • Rubbal - Sanctuary
    Rubbal - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I am quoting in agreement and for clarity on some situations I've encountered or methods I've used.
    <--Cleric's Meatshield. On my veno, I figure it's my job in a squad to keep anything from touching the cleric. Heck, I've died because I multi-aggroed just to keep the cleric alive. Even more aggravating was the fact that the tank just kept running, so the wonderful cleric caught hell when they rez'ed me instead of healing the tank.
    I consider my main priority to keep the cleric alive. If I die, they can res me. I will draw aggro away from them if a mob happens to latch onto them. I will lead it back to the tanks or other DD's, if I cannot kill it myself. I will run the whole instance beside the cleric, if not slightly ahead.

On my cleric there's been some wonderful instances of people shouting at me when they were to blame. I've been blamed for Ks-ing, when I hit the mob first. When this happens, I usually explain to them, in so many words, that I am an archer and if we hit at the same time I will usually draw aggro. If they have a problem with that, they can squad with me. This usually works, too. The ones who don't, I remind that whilst they are running towards the mob, I've already targeted, warmed up, and have fired and usually my shots have aggro'd the mob towards me before they make their first hit. I've gotten shouted at when I didn't rez some random player, even though I had no mp left. The best was when someone kept spamming me to buff them while I was in the middle of grinding. That was fun. I'm still pretty low there, so no FB/BH stories yet.Overall, I found the best way to appreciate other players/classes, is to try them out. I have an archer, a cleric, and a barb, basically one of each type DD, healer, and tank. If a veno/bm/barb takes aggro off me in an instance, I say ty. When a cleric heals/buffs/res'es me, I say ty. Seems pretty basic to me, I guess.

Overall, I just chalk it up to people being rude since it's the internet. You take the good with the bad, even though there's a lot more of the bad. Remember that there's always the players out there that will really appreciate what you do for them.

Overall, I find it makes my gameplay more enjoyable when I help others, whether I'm on my cleric, my barb, or my archer. If I am in an area and am not doing heavy grinding/meeting a deadline, I will help someone if I see them ask for it on local chat most times. I am glad to hear that there are indeed others out there who share some of my views.

~Rubbal
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Overall, I find it makes my gameplay more enjoyable when I help others, whether I'm on my cleric, my barb, or my archer. If I am in an area and am not doing heavy grinding/meeting a deadline, I will help someone if I see them ask for it on local chat most times. I am glad to hear that there are indeed others out there who share some of my views.

~Rubbal

There are those of us who realise we're not slaves to anyone's whim before our own. That it's ok to say no. That doesn't mean we don't help. But it does mean we don't put anyone and their dog ahead of our own needs. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

If we didn't wish to help people, we wouldn't be clerics, but there are limits. At least as far as I'm concerned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On HT ppl. who know me, know they can expect help anytime they need it. I have been given Molds, Coins, Gold, etc...Just for helping!

One of the fun things about helping people is that while some are jerks, others are genuinely grateful and will reward you. On a couple of occasions I got free pots for helping out with a few nearby bosses. Needless to say, I immensely appreciated it, as it saves a lot of money on them. XD

Concerning charms, Bai_Qui, I don't want to argue with you, but I find them very expensive and that clerics are capable of using them at a breakneck pace. Not all of us have a ton of real-life money and coin to spend on them, especially on so many. That's why people get upset when their charm ticks I guess. Even if it does make my job as a cleric a lot easier since I don't have to worry as much about them dying. b:surrender

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • BananaMartyr - Raging Tide
    BananaMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    People have been so rude to me lately, I've been learning to say no more often now too XD So tired of hearing demands instead of questions about helping..."Come heal us for this fb" ect >.> I don't remember hearing the word "Please" more then a couple times in my entire PWI life x.x and it's usually for a revive so it's more like "rez plz" XD I'm a firm believer and practitioner of please and thank you XD
  • Pamplemousse - Sanctuary
    Pamplemousse - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If some random person is struggling with a fight, I would stop, watch them die, then resurrect and buff them. Maybe pull the mob so he or she could resurrect safely too. Some lessons must be learned the hard way.

And, of course, if there's a random dead body in my flight path, I'd try to revive it.
  • ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear
    ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I always try to be helpful if I can. Recently while doing my WQ someone asked me to help him kill Suzerix. Even though he was a total stranger I said I could help out as a guildie was there with me too and it wouldn't be too big a problem. We were all ready and went there but he never came. Somehow he and his friend had both gone AFK.
    Weird! Was it a prank? Has this happened to any of you?

Well, in the cases you do succesfully help someone, they can turn out to be one of two kinds of people.

Some people are very nice.
    This week someone gave me 100k to heal her during the Tideborn Traitor boss.

And some people just aren't. One of my old stories:
    I was in the secret passage killing Ancient Evil for a quest and in one room, there are two guarding a chest and a third one in the middle. A BM runs in and kills the middle, then charges at the two mobs next to the chest. Since the Evils are scarce and the quest drop is uncommon I decided I could kill the one of the two he wasn't fighting. Since he already was fighting he got attacked by them both until I got aggro of the other. He was now severely poisoned and I just managed to heal + purify him before his health ran out. I left the room again to look for Evils outside and when I stood there, not even in the same room as him, I got this PM: Pls don't ks.
    I explained him I had saved him from a double aggro, purified him, healed him, and thus literally saved his life. But instead of thanks he answered: "nono, I was allright, I have items and stuff."
    I answered: "Well, it sure looked like you were dying to me."
    Before I could send it though, he had already done exactly the same thing. Attacked the two poison mobs and guess what? He died in an instant! b:bye
    Lol, he was gonna be alright? Guess he quite misjudged his own capabilities.
    And then the fool just pressed 'go home town' instantly with a cleric standing almost next to him. Even though he didn't thank me and acted high and mighty, I am a helpful cleric full of forgiveness who knows how it feels to die, so I would consider reviving him.
    Of course when I met him at the orchid temple soon after, I gave the poor guy some buffs. He had surely entertained me very well after all! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My experiences have been quite similar to many of you. Generally I try my best to be helpful but it gets quite frustrating. On average I receive anywhere between 3-5 random whispers per day and frankly..some of them are quite amusing.
    They generally are something like this:

"Hey Cleric, rez"
    "REZZ???!?!?!"
    "hey u, buff"
    "you, heal me"
    "Buff ME!"
    "HEAL?"

Those requests are ignored no matter how many times they are repeated. I have a name, USE IT.. and have you ever asked anyone to do things for you in that kind of manner? I'd certainly hope not.

If it sounds something like this:

"Hi, sorry, but would you or could you rez me please?"
    If its not too far away from me, sure.

"hello, could/may i have buffs please?"
    Of course you may.

"hi, can/could you give me a few heals please?"
    Of course.

If people havent figured it out yet.. clerics are not your personal slaves and we are not here to be at your beck and call and will not drop everything and anything we are doing at this very second to come running when YOU want us to. As many above posters have indicated, we lose xp more than any other class as there is usually noone to rez us.

As for guildies and close friends, thats a different story all together.
  • Eloe - Heavens Tear
    Eloe - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How far do you go to help people out? I used to and still sometimes go wayyy too far to help out strangers sometimes... I'm trying to learn not to do it as much because after a while they stop being grateful and actually expect help in certain ways x.x So I still buff random people like crazy and heal people while questing if they're going to die... and just now I stood by an archer that decided afking in the middle of mob spawns was a good idea and healed him/killed the mobs attacking him for a while x.x

Helping people horror stories anyone? XD I want to hear how badly some clerics have been mistreated haha.
    Oh yeah,I did this as well with my cleric. xD Sometimes its a bit confusing to find some guild mate who died somewhere in sky. so youre flying and flying and searching and searching... especially itll become dangerous when you revive someone in a place with mobs at a much higher lvl then you because no other guild cleric is online atm. so you really have to watch your a**. =)

woah,it would be nice to get money for healing and buffing. xD (joke)
  • EndlessDark - Harshlands
    EndlessDark - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The horrors of being kind. Personally I could never turn down someone in need. I would drop any activity to run to this half dying person across the map. The first thing I want to hear is "you let me die" or "wtf where were you?". We have lives too...we do quests and fight monsters as well. I have healed others while I was being mauled by the monsters they were trapped by and usually die doing it. Is a "thank you" so much to ask for? pressing 9 buttons...ouch? Is a little protection to much to ask when we heal everyone around us? Is a simple jesture of apreciation a crime? I guess im ranting now, arent I? b:thanks I could never bring myself to harm someone else, so i always help out. so dont treat us as personal doctors mmk?
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so dont treat us as personal doctors mmk?

i wholeheartedly agree with Sralyn's sig for this:
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Recently, one of our 'pullers' made a serious error and pulled half a mob army onto the squad. Naturally, I started healing our tank who was desperately trying to regain control of the situation but in the process I pulled at least four of the mobs onto myself. Our poor wizard, desperate to wipe out as many targets as he could ended up tanking his fair share, so heres me tanking four monsters while trying to keep a party alive AND a squishy wizard taking physical hits from an irate mob.

Oddly enough, we actually survived the encounter intact (to much back-patting and rapturous praise), but now im always twice-shy about watching those pullers at work. It could so easily have gone south.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I generally go out of my way to help anyone who isn't a jerk. I've flown across the map at high expense to rez people (occasionally to find them already resurrected), I've sacrificed my character to distract a mob long enough for someone else to mine a chest (though they forgot to tell me when they were done), and I've intentionally drawn heal aggro from people who were too mobbed for my heals alone to save. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat if they just show a bit of gratitude.

The people who seem to think we're dumb slaves, however, I'm done with as soon as we unsquad (I won't **** the whole squad due to one bad apple.)

One time during a Qingzi BH I had one fail barb keep saying "heal" (not even "heal please") when I was back rescuing a low-level psychic he had left behind in the tower room which had drawn aggro. When we got up to the AoE monsters before Qingzi he goes "heal" again, despite not having aggro on all of them yet. I told him off after that, explained where he failed, that I knew my job, and that if he said "heal" one more time he wasn't getting any more heals.

After that we went after Qingzi, I healed him until the fail barb lost aggro to the lower level psychic I had saved earlier. I healed her instead and the rest of the BH went off without a hitch. b:chuckle Oh, and she said, "Thank you."
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol Sang, that story sounds familiar... I've had some very similar experiences with certain barbarian characters. One of them in particular was a know-it-all barb (saying 'I have a level 9x character I'll have you know') who spectacularly failed to understand basic game mechanics and pulled half the room onto himself before charging at the boss (yes, WITH all the other aggro) and dying horribly. Naturally, im to blame since I was supposed to heal this failed barbarian (who so clearly has a 90+ character) and take the aggro of the horde onto myself presumably.

On the plus side, we did have a truly incredible wizard and an archer who mopped up the mobs in double-quick time. They were spectacularly good and barely even needed many heals! The fight was pretty easy after that (after rezzing afforementioned dead barb).
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I love helping, with my wizard I healed people with my healing skill and in the faction I was the one with highest level online all the time so I ended up being the one which had to help everyone which was fun but ended with the fact that some players wanted me to drop everything and come running every time they had a quest and they didn't even say thanx in the end.

With my veno I try to help when I can, yesterday me and my magmaite ended up chasing another low level being chased by a darkbreed I felt that I wanted to help her so there was some running for me but in the end I caught up and killed the darkbreed and the other veno stopped and said "thank you" I was so happy! :D

Most players just stop and stare at me when I try to help them, so I love when other players say thanx.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You know, I've recently realized that some people say "heal" instead of "heal please" because it's faster to type in a more difficult situation. :3... Of course, I hate being told to heal, regardless of the circumstance... but if I'm in a controlled situation/instance and someone says heal, they're not gonna get it. XD

...as for other classes asking for heals from AoEs and such because they don't want charm ticks, they're just inconsiderate. I think to fully grasp the hell that clerics are put through at times, you need to play a cleric/have played a healing class before. Sometimes people are just thinking about themselves so... I guess we have to forgive them. :<

That being said... keeping yourself and the tank alive is one of the most important things. DDs and extra classes are just accessories to a party... if a situation is truly difficult to handle, guess some DDs are just gonna have to die, eh? :< Be a selfish cleric today and see tomorrow! :3
  • seavixen
    seavixen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure how I ended up on this thread, but it was a good read. One of the first things I learned from my friends and later faction mates when I was doing fb, and now bh, was to die with dignity and not to whine for a rez, or to carry my own scroll. With help from friends I learned my place in a squad and would give my life to save the cleric (and possibly the whole squad). I have been the receipiant of the blessing of a random cleric passing by while I was fighting some mobs and I always say thanks, even if I can't see the person, as many times it has saved my life. So just let me say a big THANKS to all the clerics who help out little newbs like myself. I really appreciate it. I would never take someone for granted just because they were at the other end of a computer. You are still a person and are entitled to simple common curtecy.