Helping people

Options
BananaMartyr - Raging Tide
BananaMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
How far do you go to help people out? I used to and still sometimes go wayyy too far to help out strangers sometimes... I'm trying to learn not to do it as much because after a while they stop being grateful and actually expect help in certain ways x.x So I still buff random people like crazy and heal people while questing if they're going to die... and just now I stood by an archer that decided afking in the middle of mob spawns was a good idea and healed him/killed the mobs attacking him for a while x.x

Helping people horror stories anyone? XD I want to hear how badly some clerics have been mistreated haha.
Post edited by BananaMartyr - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Partyanimal - Raging Tide
    Partyanimal - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I went as far as jumping off a cliff for this dude. He poped a mount , I hit the ground.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I only go as far as killing the occasional cyannair specter that is eating some AFK'ing dude's charm on WQ and stuff like that.

Other than that, I won't go too far out of my way to help random people, for friends it's an entirely different story however..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I started out helping anyone and everyone I could. Nowadays im a little more careful about who I choose to help out. All too often I've buffed or healed players only to have them turn on me and attempt a PK. Only a handful were successful, but it's once bitten and twice shy for me, so I stick to healing and buffing players im confident I could beat in a fight, should they turn, or those who I know. Or, of course, those who are so high level they could 1-shot me anyway. Never wise to tempt fate.

Sadly I've learned that clerics are a bit of a target for many players. Even white named players have taken a shot at me, though they're generally fewer in number than they once were. I'm rather proud of my survivability now, but it's only been gained after a lot of PvP hardships.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ive gotten in trouble back when Spectral asked for a buff with a cq watching/ and vice versa x-x

they take the term (assisting) far too seriously

-no they werent in a fight at the time, one team was in sz, others were out of sz.-
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I went as far as jumping off a cliff for this dude. He poped a mount , I hit the ground.
    lmfao.
    Helping random strangers does not pay for my charms so.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Gala - Raging Tide
    Gala - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A conquer guy once gave me like 30 pots for buffing him before he did cube.

edit: I mean sesame pots.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I cannot decide if my patience with people is going down, or if a larger amount of the community is becoming more arrogant and annoying. I will never refuse to help someone that genuinely needs it, and is polite and respectful.

Most times when I kill bosses, or run instances, or whatever for people they are at least polite about it. Can you help us with this? Thank you for helping. That's really all I need.

I had a guy the other day that asked if we were capable of killing mantavip...I said absolutely, I'll come do it now. Well I killed it, but instead of a thank you what he said was "I need slitt too, kill that for me next." I left the squad and did not feel bad about it in the least
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    TBH...I think I go way to far out of my way, but I can say that I have never once taken anything form someone for buffing/res'ing/etc.

One of the worst was getting a PM from someone in 1-3. They needed a res and I was in Arch so could tele in. When I got there I found high 7x- low 8x and all but 2 were dead. The catch though, there was no barb in the party b:surrender I ended up staying and helping then with there bosses and even got a 9x tank for them. I paid my friend barb for the repairs and such of course. But that was over an hour of time when all I did was go to res.

*sigh* I need to stop being so nice b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    TBH...I think I go way to far out of my way, but I can say that I have never once taken anything form someone for buffing/res'ing/etc.

One of the worst was getting a PM from someone in 1-3. They needed a res and I was in Arch so could tele in. When I got there I found high 7x- low 8x and all but 2 were dead. The catch though, there was no barb in the party b:surrender I ended up staying and helping then with there bosses and even got a 9x tank for them. I paid my friend barb for the repairs and such of course. But that was over an hour of time when all I did was go to res.

*sigh* I need to stop being so nice b:surrender

Omg.....

you're such a carebear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Omg.....

you're such a carebear.

b:sad I know....even ended up tanking Cordash in 3-1 because of a lag issue with the BM and the Veno, but I did not want to lose the instance...It hurt b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ulina - Lost City
    Ulina - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sometimes i will tp or fly across the map for a ress, i heal random people who are going to die while questing or what not, if someone asks for a buff i will, if they ask for help and if i have the time i will, occasionaly i will leave a full squad to help a friends squad who has just him and me, i will drop whatever im doing to help a friend/guildie do some sort of dungeon (even ones higher lvl than me), there are times i stay up 3 hours past the time i planned to go to sleep because i keep helping people.
    its a clerics life, one that is hard, but not appreciated.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I only go in range of local chat not wc if someone asked for res.I will go out of my way though for guildies and friends.That is as far as I take it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Does buffing people also means helping them?

I'm used to rez people around my grind spot or crossing the map for my friends or guildies... also I don't mind to buff random people. But I'm always traumatized to buff a red named... sometimes they killed me after I buff them, and that is sucks -_-

And about helping other's Quests... I JUST LOVE TO DO ANY INSTANCES :D... no matter if its FB/BH/HH, but I do love FBs most though... its Reputation gain is just awesome <3

It was always best to try out my skills in any instances (situations) with different squads (characters). That is why I like to do it, no matter if it sometimes only a lost on me (MP pots, times and drops wise, also Exp if I must died). But the experience I got was always nice, interessting, FUN, getting more friends and of course build me up to be a pro xD

Especially, when I'm bored... I even camp and offering free help to help/ tank low lvl BHs on Archosaur... yeah, many ppl shouting there and asking for clerics ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'll buff, rez, and heal people randomly, but I'm not flying halfway across the map. I kept my rez at lv 2 until recently because of it.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Tenshi - Harshlands
    Tenshi - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't buff/rezz randomly ppl.. I'm so selfish b:chuckle but if someone is near me and will ask me politely.. maybe I will help him/her it depends on my mood b:angry

If someone need help with boss I will help only if he/she can give me needed mana pots.

In dungeons I know that no tank but I am most worth person, so if someone do something stupid like go into group of mobs and don't do any AoE skill to take agrro I won't heal him b:surrender at all.
    *^ My alt ^w^

**^ Horny woman in real playing MALE sexy cleric. <3
  • Ormar - Lost City
    Ormar - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well i buff random people and heal them when there hurt while i questing sometimes when people pm to rez i just ignore it because i don't like wasting time while i'm questing b:chuckle

RANDOM! BUFF HI YA b:victory with some healing lol

b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Reds~~~
    ._.
    b:cry
    your niceishness~
    it hurts me too.
    D:
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitumura - Lost City
    Hitumura - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One poor barb was being chased by pkers. I helped him and healed him. He ended up dying and the pkers left... He asked for a rez, so I said, "Sure ^^ Here you go!." Then that jerk pked me and killed me while I was pink named and I dropped my iridescence >.< (he took it too... )
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Stuff I do:
    Helping guildies and randoms (depending if they're nice or not) with bosses and instances if there's no one nearby
    Buff and res random people (if I'm not questing/doing something mana-intensive)

Stuff I don't do:
    Go out of my way to help tools with bosses and instances
    Res stupid tanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I rarely if ever fly across the map or TP somewhere to ress someone. In my experience, some cleric passing by gets them by the time I'm almost there and I've just wasted 10 minutes or so. This applies to everyone--I am twice as likely to do it for a friend in need. Twice near zero is still a small % chance I'm feeling like it.

If someone catches me in the area and asks for a buff before I take off for WQ, I'll do it. I don't fly back to buff people. If people need my buffs, they generally come to me unless I'm on my way to the same area anyway.

I never ask for a ress from another cleric. It's simply courtesy. Hence I hold others to the same rule and don't ask for resses that are out of anyone's way.

So in conclusion--Helpful when I feel like it + when it's convenient for me.
  • Tenshi - Harshlands
    Tenshi - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oh, and I buffed 2-3 reds names but ONLY IN SAFEZONE <_<
    *^ My alt ^w^

**^ Horny woman in real playing MALE sexy cleric. <3
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I do BH like 4-5 Times every day
    And Im loving it especially when Im the only Cleric b:laugh

PS
    I have some nice luck on getting Darkness Stamps xD
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i used to help people kill mobs or do dungeons but now i am just not sure cause almost every time i help now they just turn and try to kill me.
  • XRiptidex - Lost City
    XRiptidex - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i'm a lvl 46 cleric on my main and i just tried to help a party of 6x and even 8x by healing a little. i was reassured that it would be fine.

of course they start dying, really fast. yeah maybe i shouldn't have volunteered, or maybe they should have said no?

"Heal me!!!" (mp was at critical low)

"Ress me!!!" ( uhm still no mp)

"___ why didnt you heal me?! why are u standing there???" (-_- seriously? i have no mp.. ive only been casting heals and u fckers jumped into this with half buffs on.)

i'm pissed, but seriously where does a 8x get off on blaming a 4x on his death? b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Blue signature made my Strawberry_ thank you!!
    Red signature made and drawn by me.
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's pretty awful on their part, but at least you got some giggles out of it. :P

As for me it completely depends on my mood. I used to be the most helpful person ever, helping with every HH, ressing people a couple of minutes away and so forth. These days I generally don't bother helping people unless they're guildies or good friends (or good friends of good friends), or if I'm just feeling really generous. Barely have time to do my own dailies these days, I'm hardly going to help half the server with theirs.
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When I was a cleric on Dreamweaver, I did as much helping as I could towards my faction.
    • Once I ran 15 BH39s in two days, since I was the only cleric on.
    • As long as I'm not preoccupied in an instance, I'd go anywhere, anytime to res a dead faction-mate if they asked. I went as far as teleporting to their location to save time (although part of that is for myself... i didn't feel like flying from arch to 1k streams and then fly back to arch as soon as I arrived). I've even used the cash shop tele-stones a few times solely to res people.
    • I did TT runs with my faction members to help them out in getting their items, and ran TT runs with other faction members and then bidding on items that my faction members needed, since cleric got second dibs.

And... <_< once I was helping out a faction member that was rerolling a cleric, she was only level 3x, and couldn't use her sparklebright. So for two weeks, I let her use my Seraphic mist while I used her Sparklebright ._. So for two weeks, female friends would say: "Awww, Vadi you're so cute with the butterfly wings". Male friends: "dude, wtf are you doing with butterfly wings?". (I'm a guy)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oh, I remember the downsides of helping people, since I've somehow managed to get into bad squads twice when I've gone out of my way to help strangers.

Once was when a friend asked me to help with a bh with no benefit to myself (in other words, not having the quest). I was the only cleric, so I knew that if I died, it would be a hassle to get back and people might die after me and need a res. Thing is, the group almost let me die once, actually let me die twice and didn't care in the least. They just acted chipper and cheerful and expected me to res them and help them like a good saintly cleric, or at least that was the impression I got. I was thoroughly irritated at that, to say the least. Needless to say, I felt that I had wasted my time, and as at the time I didn't know how to deal with Farren Sereneti's aoe, decided that it was time to save my exp and time and leave.

The second time was when I was asked to do an alpha run for a squad, by the same friend who asked me to do the aforementioned bh. Once again, I was the only cleric. I learned that if there were two words to describe bad squads, it's Epic Fail. We did not get along much at all. Our 50-ish barb left all of a sudden, so we had to make do with a 40-ish one. And not a very good one at that. When the mobs started coming at us, it was utter chaos. Teamwork and common sense went down the drain. Few monsters in wizards aoe, barb not tanking and running away from monsters and I dunno what the BMs and archer were up to. I was expected to keep everyone and myself alive without knowing what to do about the disorder. I managed to keep everyone alive for the first wave but it all went downhill in the second. Epic Fail. A couple of hours wasted and I didn't even get a thank you for trying.

That really frustrated me. Not getting even a small thank you when I go out of my way to help people and even when it doesn't work out. =(

That's why nowadays I only go out of my way to help friends and people in my fac. I'll buff and occasionally heal random people, res dead people when I see them, but I'm not going to fly accross the map to res a complete stranger or help with a bh I'm not on. Whether I help random people really depends on how polite and nice they are, my mood and how far I have to go out of my way to help. Helping with low-level fbs are a different story, as long as I don't do it all day. I like fb19s in particular, as I can almost solo everything in there and still get decent exp. And get revenge on those cactopods in the elf fb19 that killed me twice. XD
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • XRiptidex - Lost City
    XRiptidex - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oh, I remember the downsides of helping people, since I've somehow managed to get into bad squads twice when I've gone out of my way to help strangers.

Once was when a friend asked me to help with a bh with no benefit to myself (in other words, not having the quest). I was the only cleric, so I knew that if I died, it would be a hassle to get back and people might die after me and need a res. Thing is, the group almost let me die once, actually let me die twice and didn't care in the least. They just acted chipper and cheerful and expected me to res them and help them like a good saintly cleric, or at least that was the impression I got. I was thoroughly irritated at that, to say the least. Needless to say, I felt that I had wasted my time, and as at the time I didn't know how to deal with Farren Sereneti's aoe, decided that it was time to save my exp and time and leave.

The second time was when I was asked to do an alpha run for a squad, by the same friend who asked me to do the aforementioned bh. Once again, I was the only cleric. I learned that if there were two words to describe bad squads, it's Epic Fail. We did not get along much at all. Our 50-ish barb left all of a sudden, so we had to make do with a 40-ish one. And not a very good one at that. When the mobs started coming at us, it was utter chaos. Teamwork and common sense went down the drain. Few monsters in wizards aoe, barb not tanking and running away from monsters and I dunno what the BMs and archer were up to. I was expected to keep everyone and myself alive without knowing what to do about the disorder. I managed to keep everyone alive for the first wave but it all went downhill in the second. Epic Fail. A couple of hours wasted and I didn't even get a thank you for trying.

That really frustrated me. Not getting even a small thank you when I go out of my way to help people and even when it doesn't work out. =(

That's why nowadays I only go out of my way to help friends and people in my fac. I'll buff and occasionally heal random people, res dead people when I see them, but I'm not going to fly accross the map to res a complete stranger or help with a bh I'm not on. Whether I help random people really depends on how polite and nice they are, my mood and how far I have to go out of my way to help. Helping with low-level fbs are a different story, as long as I don't do it all day. I like fb19s in particular, as I can almost solo everything in there and still get decent exp. And get revenge on those cactopods in the elf fb19 that killed me twice. XD

wow, thats the epitome of fail xD a tank running away lol

that all sucks though, wow. I might be somewhat new to perfect world but i've played cleric in a variety other games and let me tell you... at least from what i've seen so far i am not impressed with how clerics are treated in parties in this game. (and not to mention the lack of other classes knowing what they are doing) I won't QQ too much but i'm a huge supporter of 'Cleric Rights', so to speak lol.

still its good you help out low levels and stuff ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Blue signature made my Strawberry_ thank you!!
    Red signature made and drawn by me.
  • Caotica - Harshlands
    Caotica - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I only help ppl when i can obtain any type of benefit. b:pleased

Nah, seriously, i always like to help ppl. b:laugh
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wow, thats the epitome of fail xD a tank running away lol

that all sucks though, wow. I might be somewhat new to perfect world but i've played cleric in a variety other games and let me tell you... at least from what i've seen so far i am not impressed with how clerics are treated in parties in this game. (and not to mention the lack of other classes knowing what they are doing) I won't QQ too much but i'm a huge supporter of 'Cleric Rights', so to speak lol.

still its good you help out low levels and stuff ^^

Wholeheartedly agree with this. I've played healers in every online game I've been involved in and the attitude towards healers here is atrocious. My one rule is Protect your Healer. It's surprising how many don't get why.

b:laugh And don't get me started on the skill of other players. Teamwork is very lacking is all I can say.

I help when I can, buff/rev randoms, but I doubt when I have max rev I'll be going to too much trouble for anyone other than those I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy