Psychics

Options
Softie - Harshlands
Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
soooo apperently u guys r confused

see pwi has placed 8 different sections for each class but u guys keep coming in wizards section and telling us how much we suck

u should do that here
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212
cause we dnt really care b:victory

k thx b:bye
Post edited by Softie - Harshlands on

Comments

• Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    soooo apperently u guys r confused

see pwi has placed 8 different sections for each class but u guys keep coming in wizards section and telling us how much we suck

u should do that here
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212
    cause we dnt really care b:victory

k thx b:bye

oh hai softie xD nd Wizards ROCK! FIRE! & WATER! b:chuckle
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    agreed.
    b:chuckle
    but we don't has much to worry about. xD
    b:chuckle

BYAAHH
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Softie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ima reroll psychic after watching that hamster...a hai fellow guildie lol b:victory
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Groovy stuff b:laugh
    Packs World International
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Psychics are not big deal they can improve their attk but sacrifing a lot of def so they die almost instanly towards the wiz attacks.
  • Tuurlijk - Sanctuary
    Tuurlijk - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Psychics are wizzies wannabes.
  • Titan_itachi - Raging Tide
    Titan_itachi - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Psychics are not big deal they can improve their attk but sacrifing a lot of def so they die almost instanly towards the wiz attacks.

the reason we psychics post here is not that we care for bad mouthing us its that we hate posting false information about us form a stupid ignorant wizard .
    how strong we are will be established when psychics who dont level on oracles like me and alot others reach a high level and our demon/saga skills are released .so Archmage learn about our class before posting
    black voodoo level 10
    increase attack level by 22
    decrease defense level by 11
    if you didnt get that .it means that you will do 11% more damage to me more than what you will normally inflict while i will do 22% more damage to you .when it comes to saying how weak we are i simply dont care . i see how much damage i do and how much damage wizards do b:laugh i really couldnt be more satisfied with my psychic so stop posting false information and i wont post here.and speaking of false information guess what if your Undine Strike does any damage like ecatomb says then we can reflect it since soul of retaliation can reflect any skill that has either damage alone or damage and debuff and by that i mean that undine strike effect will be reflected on you b:chuckle .its hard to find a level 79 wizard on my server but so far soul of retaliation reflected stun,silent,defense debuff and bleed so good luck against us in pvp (ps : using oracle to level an old class is ok but to level a new one is something really stupid so ya i dont count 7x,8x,9x psychics as real psychics and i challenge any wizard around my level to defeat me b:chuckle
  • Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't have double phy def like we do..Don't have dragon breath. Have mediocre debuffs. Garbage
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We will see later. Don't forget, that they don't have 79skills and demon\sage skill out. It can change everything.
    On second hand I hear, that on chinesse server is already patch to nerfing some assassin skills(bleeding), so maybe this patch will nerf some physic skill too. We will see later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the reason we psychics post here is not that we care for bad mouthing us its that we hate posting false information about us form a stupid ignorant wizard .
    how strong we are will be established when psychics who dont level on oracles like me and alot others reach a high level and our demon/saga skills are released .so Archmage learn about our class before posting
    black voodoo level 10
    increase attack level by 22
    decrease defense level by 11
    if you didnt get that .it means that you will do 11% more damage to me more than what you will normally inflict while i will do 22% more damage to you .when it comes to saying how weak we are i simply dont care . i see how much damage i do and how much damage wizards do b:laugh i really couldnt be more satisfied with my psychic so stop posting false information and i wont post here.and speaking of false information guess what if your Undine Strike does any damage like ecatomb says then we can reflect it since soul of retaliation can reflect any skill that has either damage alone or damage and debuff and by that i mean that undine strike effect will be reflected on you b:chuckle .its hard to find a level 79 wizard on my server but so far soul of retaliation reflected stun,silent,defense debuff and bleed so good luck against us in pvp (ps : using oracle to level an old class is ok but to level a new one is something really stupid so ya i dont count 7x,8x,9x psychics as real psychics and i challenge any wizard around my level to defeat me b:chuckle

hmm ya lets consider a few other things though.
    you take 11% more damage from black voodoo
    ex poison makes you take 20% more damage
    so you now take 31% more damage
    Frenzy makes me do 20% more damage

can you say, omgwtflolwizjusthitmefor22kbbqsaucepwn?
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Psychics are wizzies wannabes.

Yup very true and I doudt the end game dmg will equal a wizzies BUT with their good dmg and buffs they are more a "Squad Wiz".
    So in the end I can see them nudging Wizzies even further down a squads wanted list.

Psychics pretty much have the buffs etc a Wiz should have had from the start
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yup very true and I doudt the end game dmg will equal a wizzies BUT with their good dmg and buffs they are more a "Squad Wiz".
    So in the end I can see them nudging Wizzies even further down a squads wanted list.

Psychics pretty much have the buffs etc a Wiz should have had from the start

b:sad
    *stares at glowing right paw*
    MagicHamsta: this buff be awesome. b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:sad
    *stares at glowing right paw*
    MagicHamsta: this buff be awesome. b:cry

We have to fight to get new buff. I'm sending ticket. You must be second one.b:victory
    I want Wellspring Quaff for all squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't have double phy def like we do..Don't have dragon breath. Have mediocre debuffs. Garbage

ok just want to check if you really understand how your phy defense buff work when maxed, it increase phy defense by 100% but this doesnt mean it reduces the phy damage to you by half .if your phy defense has 15% damage reduction to monsters of your own level then with this skill maxed you can expect to have form 20-25% phy damage reduction to monsters of your own level not 30%.
    also we do more damage than you so having a better defense to would be a unfair .when grinding or in fb/bh/tt you spam your 3 basic skills just like we use ours and why we do more damage is thx to really low channeling and casting time and black voodoo
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmm ya lets consider a few other things though.
    you take 11% more damage from black voodoo
    ex poison makes you take 20% more damage
    so you now take 31% more damage
    Frenzy makes me do 20% more damage

can you say, omgwtflolwizjusthitmefor22kbbqsaucepwn?

i just had to make a hole new post just for you .wow mizuoni i dont know if you are stupid or mentally ill because i know those skills pretty well and i have ex poison and working my way to holy path.frenzy will take some time but i will get it in the end.
    if you cant tell why you are stupid yet then let me clear it for you both frenzy and ex poison are all classes skills which means we can use them so according to your logic while black voodoo is on with ex poison i will do 42% more damage to you and with both frenzy and ex poison i will do 62% more damage to you
    also keep in mind that we psychics use a lot less chi than you giving that we have only 2 skills that use 2 sparks,3 that use 1 spark and 1 that uses 30 chi the rest of our skills depends just on mp .also speaking of skills the longest channel time for a psychic active attack skill is 1.8 second its the channel time of red tide the psychic water ultimate and it has 1.2 cast time .so we can use from 2 to 3 skills in the time you use 1 ultimate .black ice dragon has 4 second channel time and 1.6 second cast time while blade tempest has the same channel time as black ice dragon but 1.8 second cast time.also keep in mind that we have a skill to reduce channel time b:laugh so good luck out damaging us since dd is about hitting fast and hard and its clear that you cant hit fast b:laughb:chuckle
  • Softie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    titan...honestly we dnt care wat u think o and btw i was 2 lazy 2 read wat u wrote jus a bunch of stuff i can stop u from doing with a silence and sleep
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Psychics posting in wizard forums are wizzies wannabes.

I fixed your post for you.

b:cute
    ok just want to check if you really understand how your phy defense buff work when maxed, it increase phy defense by 100% but this doesnt mean it reduces the phy damage to you by half .if your phy defense has 15% damage reduction to monsters of your own level then with this skill maxed you can expect to have form 20-25% phy damage reduction to monsters of your own level not 30%.

So.. ok... I am level 62, and if I were fighting something my level, 438 physical defense would reduce incoming damage 15%. If I increase my physical defense by 100% that would become 876 physical defense which would reduce incoming damage by slightly over 26%. So you were close.

So... if something hit me for 1000 damage, and it were reduced 15% that would mean I took 850 damage. And, with the improved armor that would become 739 damage. And, oddly enough, 850 damage winds up being slightly over 15% higher than 739 damage.

Maybe you could on that one for a while and see if you can manage to digest its implications?

(I have a hint for you: percents will always meaningless when you do not know their context.)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    titan...honestly we dnt care wat u think o and btw i was 2 lazy 2 read wat u wrote jus a bunch of stuff i can stop u from doing with a silence and sleep

i didnt state what i think i stated facts and data about both psychics and wizards skills.and im sure reading is really hard for you giving your 70 point I.Q .also i dont think you can kill me with sleep and silent and thx to soul of retaliation the first skill that actually does damage will be absorbed and reflected and i would really want you to go against a psychic with high soul force and maxed soul of silent just to get the silent effect for 5 seconds the moment you attack
    So.. ok... I am level 62, and if I were fighting something my level, 438 physical defense would reduce incoming damage 15%. If I increase my physical defense by 100% that would become 876 physical defense which would reduce incoming damage by slightly over 26%. So you were close.

So... if something hit me for 1000 damage, and it were reduced 15% that would mean I took 850 damage. And, with the improved armor that would become 739 damage. And, oddly enough, 850 damage winds up being slightly over 15% higher than 739 damage.

Maybe you could on that one for a while and see if you can manage to digest its implications?

ok cholla first of with arcane armor even though stone barrier would increase your defense you are still a squishy class and you will die just as fast as me .also with white voodoo on first level i can reduce damage even more than you can.
    white voodoo level 1
    increase defense level by 36.3 =36% damage reduction so a monster on my level that would hit me for 1000 in a normal case will hit me for 640 after i use white voodoo .as for good armor that goes for both of us .
    in normal grinding most monsters die before it can even touch me and in dungeons i can use white voodoo if i get aggro.
    ps:for each defense level you gain the damage inflected to you is reduced by 1% just in case someone doesnt know what defense level is.
    edit:white voodoo will reduce attack level by 54 on its first level so i use it when i get aggro then turn back black voodoo when the barb get back the aggro of the mob
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As me and a psy i dueled agreed on. A psy can out-do a wiz in DPS (damage per second). But a psy will never (looking at skills so far) be able to murder someone in one shot like a wiz can.

So titan's right, our ultimates take FOREVER to cast, but we only need to cast them onceb:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and thx to soul of retaliation the first skill that actually does damage will be absorbed and reflected

No, the damage isn't absorbed. It's reduced, and not by much to be honest.

Go learn more about your own class and then come "teach" us.
    Packs World International
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it be okie...
    Titan_itachi hasn't seen the power of level 100+ fully equipped wizards.
    *cough tanks like a barb cough*
    lol
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it be okie...
    Titan_itachi hasn't seen the power of level 100+ fully equipped wizards.
    *cough tanks like a barb cough*
    lol
    And it's a long way to go for me b:cry

Regarding psychic bugging the wizard's forum...
    Imo, they just want to point out wizard's weak points (perhaps they're advertising that most wizards should re-roll as a psychic? o.O')
    And keep comparing all their overpower, short channeling time skills, buffs and debuffs with wizard's nuking (long-casting) power >.<
    Grats for that though since it's the more likely that their skills will be nerfed due to this reason b:chuckle

But, oh, well, I don't care much about this though...
    I'm a wizard now and I'll stay loyal to my class b:cute
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What amazes me most is that people try to play down the Wizard class without even knowing what their role endgame is. Wizards are not a DPS class. If you wanna get DPS on a single target, go looking into fist Bms - or Archers with Lunar claws. They out DPS an endgame wizard by such amounts it's not even funny. What wizards is all about is doing huge damage in a few hits, high damage in a short period of time - Be it single target or AOE. Along with great surviveability due to balanced defenses, control skills and kiting. Look at haiz' videos. He's not DPSing a boss for five minutes, he's staying alive a ridiciulously long time while releasing hell above the heads of people. That is what endgame wizards are all about. So I couldn't care less if or not a squishy DD class out DDs a wizard with black voodoo on. Who cares? If I want a DPS-ePeen I go roll a fist BM... (No offense guys, I love you b:chuckle)

(Oh and btw: Ding ^_^ One more lvl till lunar stuff... Good that avas work again)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    also we do more damage than you so having a better defense to would be a unfair .when grinding or in fb/bh/tt you spam your 3 basic skills just like we use ours and why we do more damage is thx to really low channeling and casting time and black voodoo

i dont be mad if u do more dmg like dd and burn double more mana than me because he want show he is ebtter dd and do +30% dmg(its just a number not a correct info :P) b:laugh

and sry i must say psyhic far lower problem to us than cleric :P
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What amazes me most is that people try to play down the Wizard class without even knowing what their role endgame is. Wizards are not a DPS class. If you wanna get DPS on a single target, go looking into fist Bms - or Archers with Lunar claws. They out DPS an endgame wizard by such amounts it's not even funny. What wizards is all about is doing huge damage in a few hits, high damage in a short period of time - Be it single target or AOE. Along with great surviveability due to balanced defenses, control skills and kiting. Look at haiz' videos. He's not DPSing a boss for five minutes, he's staying alive a ridiciulously long time while releasing hell above the heads of people. That is what endgame wizards are all about. So I couldn't care less if or not a squishy DD class out DDs a wizard with black voodoo on. Who cares? If I want a DPS-ePeen I go roll a fist BM... (No offense guys, I love you b:chuckle)

(Oh and btw: Ding ^_^ One more lvl till lunar stuff... Good that avas work again)
    this is so 100% true first of. gz keep lvling and get thos lunar gear b:victory

and second ye fist bm/archer with claws hit for like only 2-4k or so but they hit so fast its just scary b:shocked
    and psyc wont do as much dmg as wiz ..

i dueled 2 psycs yesterday one 79 one 82 (its still not my lvl but its darn close)

and both of em had their armors +4s and wep +5 / 6 (the 80s one had 80 tt gold)

i 1 hited them both as soon as 3 2 1 count down was over for 4-5k with sutra + BT
    now dont get me wrong i love psycs i love FC with them their good at dd-ing

but PLZ stop saying psyc is a badass compare to wiz and wiz sucks etc lets agree both class's are good and both class's got their own jobs and they both have DIFF jobs so stop comparing
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

i 1 hited them both as soon as 3 2 1 count down was over for 4-5k with sutra + BT

how do u Sutra > BT with only 2.9 spark? b:shocked
    >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    how do u Sutra > BT with only 2.9 spark? b:shocked
    >.<

genie skill that gives u 1 spark
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

or potion with 1,5 sparkb:victory
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Cool b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options

like i said you depend on chi a lot .also surfer girl does that mean you duel every 60 second since thats the cool down time of essential sutra .that will work great for you in pvp tw b:chuckle or pk .as for BT with psychic will on the skill physical damage would be resisted .and like i said before using oracles on a new class with new skills that none knows about to get to a high level is stupid and the psychics you fought are noops .black ice dragon has a lot more magical damage than BT but its hard to kill arcane with 1 magic hit thats why wizards use BT against arcane and light armor classes if you have dueled a real psychic he would have used psychic will and a level 82 psychic should have level 8 psychic will that means he will be immune to physical damage for 7.x seconds b:chuckle longer than the 6 second of your sutra also no arcane with good armor will die from one magic hit.also when earth vector is maxed we can stun you for 6 seconds and earth vector need just 1 spark.earth vector has 1 second channel time and 1 second cast time b:laugh.like i said you are really slow .i really laugh when i read your channeling and casting time .
    and i know you have a stun skill that uses 2 sparks and even stronger than ours(Mountain's Seize has 5 seconds channel time and 1.4 seconds cast time b:laugh you will be dead before you hit us without sutra) but to depend all the time on sutra ,genie skills and chi potions to win a duel is kind of boring for me
This discussion has been closed.