Is it possible to make a chibi char

Options
ShortyFTW - Heavens Tear
ShortyFTW - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjUdqBOBPsE

this video shows a chibi version of a veno, which BTW is sooooooo cuteb:cute but im wondering how the hell someone did that? anyone have any clue or answers relating to this video?
Post edited by ShortyFTW - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Uhhh.. drag specific sliders to both extremes? That, or haxorz.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol thats the ugliest veno ive ever seen :)
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately unless you can make it with the character customization tool in our client, these characters cannot be made. I would suggest playing around with the settings on the character customization screen to see if it can do what you want.

Many characters with highly exaggerated looks are created by modifying our game files, this practice is not allowed and this is clearly stated in our Terms of Service. That sort of activity can result in disciplinary action.
  • Mononix - Raging Tide
    Mononix - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

ehem.....have you ever herd of a chibi!!!! look it up cuz that chibi veno is soooooooooo cute!!!!
  • ShortyFTW - Heavens Tear
    ShortyFTW - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ehem.....have you ever herd of a chibi!!!! look it up cuz that chibi veno is soooooooooo cute!!!!

i know right. sooooo adorable, that guy obviously had no clue what he was talking about lol b:pleased
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Looks like someone modified the game files. If the GM's find out who it is, they will more than likely feel the Ban Hammer.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dunno...that looks more like a creepy midget to me. Face looks a wee bit too adult from afar. >_O

...No offense intended to those that may be reading this and happen to be vertically challenged, mind you. b:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately unless you can make it with the character customization tool in our client, these characters cannot be made. I would suggest playing around with the settings on the character customization screen to see if it can do what you want.

Many characters with highly exaggerated looks are created by modifying our game files, this practice is not allowed and this is clearly stated in our Terms of Service. That sort of activity can result in disciplinary action.
    caught a few of those, and told them about it, I'm sure I have logs of what was said, seems I keep running into them. (and since we're about the same level they might have, or will soon get the scroll) Should I put it to the GMs or give them benefit of th doubt for now?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you ever see a player like that, please screenshot and send it in. There is unfortunately no way to monitor every single character in the gameb:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you ever see a player like that, please screenshot and send it in. There is unfortunately no way to monitor every single character in the gameb:surrender
    well, I have the shots, that's not an issue, but I run into this guy so often, I was wondering what your take was on as to how long should I wait to do that? seen him in SP and outside arch, which means he's about level 29, and will get the scroll quest soon (if he's not got it already) I do keep running into him, alot
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well, I have the shots, that's not an issue, but I run into this guy so often, I was wondering what your take was on as to how long should I wait to do that? seen him in SP and outside arch, which means he's about level 29, and will get the scroll quest soon (if he's not got it already) I do keep running into him, alot

It's better to report them ASAP b:thanks
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's better to report them ASAP b:thanks
    I'll send those 2 shots in now then. (as in within the next few mins lol)
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    narc b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    shame.....

people who modify game files should be asked to join on a project to improve PW. Not be punished.

Like....a fan based development team.

Cause there are a ton of brilliant minds out there that could really give this game much more depth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it looks like a dwarf, all it needs is a beard and a battle axe...
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    shame.....

people who modify game files should be asked to join on a project to improve PW. Not be punished.

Like....a fan based development team.

Cause there are a ton of brilliant minds out there that could really give this game much more depth.
    3rd party modding can also lead to 3rd party ...programs... that 'auto level' you >>; theyre illegal for a reason.
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm assuming that the video was shot on another version of PW, due to the fact that I can't read the name of the barb that runs past and that the poster of the video is in Russia.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    3rd party modding can also lead to 3rd party ...programs... that 'auto level' you >>; theyre illegal for a reason.

While that may be partially true.....it could be arranged that fans can create new game files, and it be passed through to the developing team for approval.

This game's security kinda blows anyway.....the security of the files could be beefed up a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    While that may be partially true.....it could be arranged that fans can create new game files, and it be passed through to the developing team for approval.

This game's security kinda blows anyway.....the security of the files could be beefed up a bit.

While you and I disagree on many things. I Agree with you here. If there was a method in which players could pass their idea code to the devs to look at and maybe implement, it would be really nice.

Make the game a semi-open source type game and a lot can be done by the people who play it, to help advance the game.

~S
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    narc b:beatup
    spoons and other GMs know I have the shots at this point, if I didn't send them in, I'd be risking myself over a simple question. I'm not willing to do that, just liek I'm unwilling to die ingame for someone else. (especially if I have agro)
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Definitely ****. X.X

I have a big-boned Veno on another server and looking at the thighs relative the feet, the leg thickness is about twice the limit.

Having the option for players to submit third party programs isn't a terrible idea, but give players that option and the GMs might get spammed to oblivion by absolutely terrible mods and things that break trademark laws. World of OMGFILTERED has several rather worthless UI addons. IMVU is... well just don't look at the stickers section of the catalogue. And on IMVU you have to pay to be able to submit things. ;_;

If people could be trusted to not be dumb with their submissions it would probably work well, but I forsee the GMS having to sort through 20 pages of "who the hell just pasted a picture of Naruto to this Tideborn's face??"

A solution to that would be to have the GMs select who gets to be part of this sooper-dooper speshul modding team -people who have great programming and/or artistic skills and who can be trusted to not be idiots, and open the program to them and only them.
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What...the hell is that O_o

scary b:sad
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    in MY-EN that stuff is allowed or maybe gm's dun care eho knows..anyways ive seen naked female archer etc :P
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    eternalnab wrote: »
    in MY-EN that stuff is allowed or maybe gm's dun care eho knows..anyways ive seen naked female archer etc :P

I've seen the downloadable version of the mod file that allows you to have said naked female archer.

I just laughed at how much of an artistic abomination it was.

Looked like someone just went into MSPaint and added two pink dots on the chest and was like "HURDUR NIPPLESSS".

EDIT: And if I get a PM from anyone asking me where I saw that file, they will be kicked in the ribs.
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have no idea how people think chibi is "cute"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have no idea how people think chibi is "cute"

Chibi is kinda cute.

However, whoever thought that was chibi is an idiot.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Confound - Harshlands
    Confound - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That just looks like a dwarf.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    While you and I disagree on many things. I Agree with you here. If there was a method in which players could pass their idea code to the devs to look at and maybe implement, it would be really nice.

Make the game a semi-open source type game and a lot can be done by the people who play it, to help advance the game.

~S

For many peeps it's already "open source", and you do notice that PWi has no checks before you log?
    And i have to agree with the terms, if you ever and i mean ever let player fan base the slight option to tweak the game, you are lookin in to tons of haxz0rs and 3rd party programs to do what ever.

For those creative ones, go to PWi payroll and start working for them. Much better choice then ruining the game....
    b:dirty
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It is so ugly, isn't venos supposed to look good XP
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • Fizzban - Dreamweaver
    Fizzban - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010