Alter Marrow Magical in TW's

Options
Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver
Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Blademaster
Good Evening

It has always crossed my mind about wizzards owning bm's in TW's.
So i was wondering if Alter Marrow Magical would be a good choice to max...and will be useful in TW's
b:surrender
Post edited by Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Good Evening

It has always crossed my mind about wizzards owning bm's in TW's.
    So i was wondering if Alter Marrow Magical would be a good choice to max...and will be useful in TW's
    b:surrender

get to lvl 7 or 8 leave it there till 89 get sage demon marrow

you'll almost always want it on in TW
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Susanno - Harshlands
    Susanno - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    physical marrow may be maxed for pve purposes, duels or 1 vs 1 but definetly not magical marrow because if you max it you'll have almost 0 pdef(even with stacked buffs you'll have a low pdef) and when used in tw you'll be an easy target for other bms wbs and any physical damage attack(even if it wasn't meant for you lol). unless you get lvl 11 ones but still too risky to use in tw!!

i maxed ph marrow and when i use it i have 24 mdef lol
  • Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Okay great,
    mine is Lvl 7 atm is that a problem?
  • Susanno - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Okay great,
    mine is Lvl 7 atm is that a problem?

i would recommend lvl 5 or 6 but it's ok keep at that lvl and use it only when needed.
  • Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ty so much for help! b:pleased
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    physical marrow may be maxed for pve purposes, duels or 1 vs 1 but definetly not magical marrow because if you max it you'll have almost 0 pdef(even with stacked buffs you'll have a low pdef) and when used in tw you'll be an easy target for other bms wbs and any physical damage attack(even if it wasn't meant for you lol). unless you get lvl 11 ones but still too risky to use in tw!!

i maxed ph marrow and when i use it i have 24 mdef lol

I used maxed marrow in tw without sage bell, even after getting debuffed and works out perfectly.

u will eb rarely focused by phisical damage, and having 7-8k pdef is fair enough.

currently i have nearly 10k pdef buffed with lvl11 sage marrow on...
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What Hippie said. If you have demon magical marrow always keep it on. No physical classes go after you anyway if you're a bm, the extra magic defense helps out a ton
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I used maxed marrow in tw without sage bell, even after getting debuffed and works out perfectly.

u will eb rarely focused by phisical damage, and having 7-8k pdef is fair enough.

with lvl 99 gold hh + event gear +cleric buffs?
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    with lvl 99 gold hh + event gear +cleric buffs?

i only have 99bracers yet, hh90 chest, boot, trouser, fourth map belt(mdef), swindlers, second map helm, average refines of 3-4, and yes, cleric buffs.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Susanno - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

ah well i don't have your gear :D and she doesn't have MY gear if she's playing with that lvl 60 BM, and concerning me i don't use it in tw, why ? well as i said other physical damage players WON'T target you but you'll get hit by their aoes anyway and both barbs and bms have that kind of attacks, the few times i used mdef marrow in tw i got hit hard with that maybe because i was in the front line i don't know but i remember being one shoted at lvl 6x by barbs perdition with marrow on lol

so if you want to use it well you can but be carefull to not being caught in those aoes, or if you're not facing some very high lvls lol

this problem is partially solved when you get lvl 11 ones especially if you use both demon aura and demon marrow at the same!!
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ah well i don't have your gear :D and she doesn't have MY gear if she's playing with that lvl 60 BM, and concerning me i don't use it in tw, why ? well as i said other physical damage players WON'T target you but you'll get hit by their aoes anyway and both barbs and bms have that kind of attacks, the few times i used mdef marrow in tw i got hit hard with that maybe because i was in the front line i don't know but i remember being one shoted at lvl 6x by barbs perdition with marrow on lol

so if you want to use it well you can but be carefull to not being caught in those aoes, or if you're not facing some very high lvls lol

this problem is partially solved when you get lvl 11 ones especially if you use both demon aura and demon marrow at the same!!

pre 90 i had lvl5 marrow. it was working
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

If you're not 89 yet then keep magic marrow at lvl 3-5. I don't know how you got one shot by a lvl 6x barb's arma...
  • Susanno - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you're not 89 yet then keep magic marrow at lvl 3-5. I don't know how you got one shot by a lvl 6x barb's arma...

that's exactly what i'm saying since she's lvl 60 and i didn't get 1shoted by lvl 6x barbs but I was lvl6x lol the barb was 90+ and i had marrow lvl 6 on, not sure if it was a crit or zerk though...

anyway the point is pre 89 high lvl wizzies will still hit you hard in tw even with mag marrow on but in that case even your pdef is low and it's even worse if you get purged (marrows don't get purged since they are not "posistive buffs") or if you're unbuffed!!
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pre 90 i had lvl5 marrow. it was working

with 90 gear and no sage bell what lvl marrow is good
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    with 90 gear and no sage bell what lvl marrow is good

i personally would get 10, or 11(especially if demon)

its handicap against archers from range, but sicne u fight them from melee range mostly, so u force them to use metal skills, its okay.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Susanno - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

its handicap against archers from range, but sicne u fight them from melee range mostly, so u force them to use metal skills, its okay.

that's interesting cuz i was always wondering if i should use marrow against archers or not since they have both physical and magical attacks
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    Options

can you say me the price for phys + mag marrow sage lvl 11 and do they do only mag attacks from near?