Which character should I use for farming and endgame content?

Options
MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Hi everyone, I have a cleric, mystic, veno, barb and this new BM that I just rolled, and I was wondering which one is capable of farming and having enough stuff to do endgame. For example, I know that BMs are quite good at farming DQs:

Lure, Roar of the Pride, Highland Cleave, Drake Sweep, Fissure, rinse and repeat. If mobs are higher health, then throw in a Heavens Flame in that combo.

Also BMs - if they go int build too then there's the chance of doing various instances like Nirvana and stuff?

Or am I wrong? Which class should I stick to?
Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
Post edited by MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• thepoordude1
    thepoordude1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sins r the best class farming anything in this game.. period xD
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Of all characters here might be best to stay bm. it's true everything you said. if you get bored as bm in the mean time you can always try barb or cleric. while not necessary end game they can still provide nice fun till 90.
    and for anyone smart out there she asked only between this 5 classes.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have a cleric, mystic, veno, barb and this new BM that I just rolled, and I was wondering which one is capable of farming and having enough stuff to do endgame. For example, I know that BMs are quite good at farming DQs:

Lure, Roar of the Pride, Highland Cleave, Drake Sweep, Fissure, rinse and repeat. If mobs are higher health, then throw in a Heavens Flame in that combo.

Also BMs - if they go int build too then there's the chance of doing various instances like Nirvana and stuff?

Or am I wrong? Which class should I stick to?

BM, definitely.

You will eventually also have the option of doing what my friend did: reroll a clawbarb.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You seem to know the most about bm's, so I'd stick with that one.

Clerics are good at farming poison mobs for DQ. We farm them like no one's business, thanks to our innate abilities to stack ironheart and use purify. Not to mention our metal attacks do increased damage to wood element mobs.

I'm certain that the other classes can farm as well, but I can't specify as to what they are the most effective at, since cleric is my main.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Of all characters here might be best to stay bm. it's true everything you said. if you get bored as bm in the mean time you can always try barb or cleric. while not necessary end game they can still provide nice fun till 90.
    and for anyone smart out there she asked only between this 5 classes.

Well my BM was rolled two days ago, and I have all 8x toons, except my barb which is 9x. But the BM seems most reliable for farming thanks to its major AOEs. So thank you. As for barb and cleric, well, mine are 95 and 88 respectively, and after a while, it got really tiring become a meat shield (as a barb) and healing trigger happy squads. So, it's nice to be able to do some DD for once.
    BM, definitely.

You will eventually also have the option of doing what my friend did: reroll a clawbarb.

As much as I hateeee the damage output of my barb, I really can't bring myself to restat him to wear claws. BMs seem a lot better for that. :D
    You seem to know the most about bm's, so I'd stick with that one.

Clerics are good at farming poison mobs for DQ. We farm them like no one's business, thanks to our innate abilities to stack ironheart and use purify. Not to mention our metal attacks do increased damage to wood element mobs.

I'm certain that the other classes can farm as well, but I can't specify as to what they are the most effective at, since cleric is my main.

I didn't farm much on my cleric, but I know how awesome it is. I've tried it before, but just didn't seem enjoyable for me. No offense meant!
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sins r the best class farming anything in this game.. period xD

That may be true, but it feels that sins are only good at farming at endgame. With really insane gear and refines and shards. At least, I feel that way. But they can solo FF at 9x with stealth and demon spark, so that's good too.

However, I like being able to farm the old fashioned way. And it seems that BMs can do that best with their array of AOEs and stuns.
  • Merria - Heavens Tear
    Merria - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Stick with the BM. Stay out of FF while its similar to a barb its definatly not the same. Good BM's dont FF earlier they learn what they can an cannot handle 1st. Failure to do this makes you a liability as a BM in any squad. Level the skills an be prepared for alot of expense. Yes they can make a heck of alot of money pretty much all the way up but smart BM's make sure they have good gear, good weapons, levelled skills an know what they can take. Not so smart BM's have **** gear, no skills, dont know what a stun is of that they can actually use other weapons, get everybody killed an **** everybody off. An we dont do not so smart BM's.
    Smart BM's have plenty to do, have plenty of coin to spend an lots of friends. Idiot BM's are vilified where ever they go. Esspecially FF, TT's Warsong rebirth Nirvarna and any BH instance from 29 to 99.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Another way to farm with bm is to get bp, gather mobs, stun them, triple spark and have fun. This way is less mana draining than aoe farming, works better at higher aps than lower ones. Plus it is easy to lvl alts while farming dq, not the fastest way, but they lvl while flying above you.
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Bloodpaint especially helps in aoe grind also. but for mana i suggest focus powder and you're good to go for next 10mins. Works wonders b:pleased
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sin is a much better farming character.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Stick with the BM. BM's are wanted in everything. AoE's, stuns, APS, amp.....there's really not anything people don't want a BM to go on.
    If that's what you're looking for, as an APS/axe BM, you'll be wanted in every instance.

As for sins.....not always the case. I see WC's for Deltas, FC's looking for any class except sins.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Having read all the input, is there any downfalls to a BM that I should be prepared for? I know there was a thread sometime ago about the CC nerf? I'm not sure what's that though.

Other than that, what risk is there? I know that for casters, no one takes you seriously at endgame unless you're a cleric. Or a mystic with tonnes of MP pots and charms. What about BMs?

I think after so many toons that just wore off on me (because there was so much noise about APS being better etc), I kinda need to be prepared on this one.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I read the OP, I check to see if this isn't a necro, it isn't a necro, which made me o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I read the OP, I check to see if this isn't a necro, it isn't a necro, which made me o_O

I'm sorry. I really avoided BMs since I started playing in open beta cause I loved casters, Barbarians being the exception. But looking at it now and the cost of playing this game, I think BM is pretty much the way to go! So yeah, I'm genuinely looking for information about BMs and their pros and cons.
  • Arthursoul - Archosaur
    Arthursoul - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm sorry. I really avoided BMs since I started playing in open beta cause I loved casters, Barbarians being the exception. But looking at it now and the cost of playing this game, I think BM is pretty much the way to go! So yeah, I'm genuinely looking for information about BMs and their pros and cons.

Only 1 answer for BM Pro and Con, is that checking the Wiki

Btw stick with Axe BM, they good with stuns and Curse effect, but be careful with Magic mobs