When are the Anniversary packs leave us alone?

Options
Zanthra - Harshlands
Zanthra - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
I'm really getting sick of these ''anni's'' they getting on my nerves when it comes to gold prices! When is it going to go poof and disapear till next time? b:angry
Post edited by Zanthra - Harshlands on

Comments

• Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Never b:cry
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In Soviet Russia Anniversary packs stay and YOU leave.

~DF
  • Zanthra - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jeeze dont you want to get to have a nice mount oneday without farming mats b:surrender
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jeeze dont you want to get to have a nice mount oneday without farming mats b:surrender

I buy Zen.

~DF
  • Zanthra - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well some people don't pay to play b:sad
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Never. The devs will just pretend to take them away, then horribly insult the community by bringing them back within a week or two. This cycle will probably be repeated indefinitely. Devs have a very low opinion of their players intelligence. -.-
  • Zanthra - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I SAY WE BOYCOTT b:chuckle
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Devs have a very low opinion of their players intelligence. -.-

So do I. And I have yet to be proven wrong for the most part.

~DF
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Never. The devs will just pretend to take them away, then horribly insult the community by bringing them back within a week or two. This cycle will probably be repeated indefinitely. Devs have a very low opinion of their players intelligence. -.-

not devs, devs made this good game, GMs and employees of PWE ruin it b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Zanthra - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    g'night guyz 12pm ereb:cry
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hmm should i even bother to say the good things about anni packs?
    Nah this is just a baseless QQ thread, which will prolly get locked b:bye
    b:dirty
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    not devs, devs made this good game, GMs and employees of PWE ruin it b:thanks
    wrong, the market team screws with us.
    but sony and apple does it constantly, but we still buy the new PS whatever and new ipod nanotouchphone30gb3Gmabob that comes out, no matter how defective or lesser in quality they are. they essentially say HEY , GIVE US MORE MONEY IF YOURE DUMB ENOUGH TO DO IT. dont get me started on idiot little girls and their cell phones...

essentially the consumer is the dipstick
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear46
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear46 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I can't even count how many threads have been made from people wondering / QQing about when the ani packs will be gone.

Jan. 13th. Then they will be gone, for now. Nothing saying how long they will be gone.

Oh, and I'm not a zen buyer, but I still don't see the real harm in the anni packs. Then again, I'm open minded enough to see both the good AND bad things they are doing, which kind of balance each other out imo
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There are three things that are certain in life: Death, taxes, and Anny Packs. None can be avoided, and none will go away.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    technacally, since it a new year shouldnt there be an anniversary pack for this year too? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The money made by those packs will allow the devs to make PWI a better game.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

*Coughs and spits coffee everywhere* Clearly you dont know about the 12,654,123 bugs that we currently have, if you did you would know they arnt going to fix them and thus make it a better game, bring on more packs b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When?Before or after they ruin it b:chuckle
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There are three things that are certain in life: Death, taxes, and Anny Packs. None can be avoided, and none will go away.
    thats not true, some of us are so screwed in this recession we dont even pay taxes 8D.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thats not true, some of us are so screwed in this recession we dont even pay taxes 8D.

b:chuckle __________
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

and some even cheat death like saitada b:surrender
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »
    and some even cheat death like saitada b:surrender

Hey now. She didn't cheat death. She married him.

~DF
  • RMCaztek - Dreamweaver
    RMCaztek - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the game is getting bored. and those anni packs aint helping out either
    im currently in a bet with a friend. anni packs will go off somewhere mid jan. and come back somewhere end jan. .
    My brain is not damaged.. just in need of some repair
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im currently in a bet with a friend. anni packs will go off somewhere mid jan. and come back somewhere end jan. .

yes packs will be gone for 2 days and then added again to celebrate 5th anniversary weee
  • Wahida - Dreamweaver
    Wahida - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So do I. And I have yet to be proven wrong for the most part.

~DF

Go visit the archer forums b:shocked
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Yeah.... okay.
    *Coughs and spits coffee everywhere* Clearly you dont know about the 12,654,123 bugs that we currently have, if you did you would know they arnt going to fix them and thus make it a better game, bring on more packs b:chuckle.

He said it.
    When?Before or after they ruin it b:chuckle

Too late, they already ruined it, imo.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and where are the bug fixes then?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Naevo - Lost City
    Naevo - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hey now. She didn't cheat death. She married him.

~DF

Hey now. Lame humor. Traffic accident get.

~You can already see my PW-identity so need to sign a "#"
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've said it before, but I hope they stay forever. Just about everyone agrees that tokens rock. The thing is though, even if anniversary packs disappear there's still going to be various packs to get rare items. With anniversary packs we get useful consolation prizes on the market as people go for the good rare stuff. On top of that, the obvious answer of simply placing tokens for sale on the market doesn't work.

The reason tokens are as cheap as they are, is because they're sold at a loss in packs. If there were token sets only, say 15 tokens per pack. Lets say gold went down to 350k, that would be 23800/token for a break even price. Since people would want to make a profit obviously, it would be more like 26.5k per token.

On DW, tokens sell right now for 19k each. With 26.5k tokens, the point of them on many items wouldn't exist, since that cost savings would be eliminated. Besides, the "damage" from packs was already done, enjoy the benefits you can still get from having them around.
  • Vixey - Raging Tide
    Vixey - Raging Tide Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The AnnyPacks will never leave. They'll just go on vacation and come back later. That's how they get such a nice spike in profits with the promise that "they will never come back" people like to stock up on em..then they come back later.

So they will never be gone. You'll either have to get used to them or quit I guess Lol.
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aww my cat likes you b:chuckle