Sin's tactics in PvP

Options

Comments

• Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i don't want a guide, can you at least read properly before replying?

you are the one asking for a pvp guide, but no matter what someone tells you in a guide the only way you'll do well is with experience.
    so that you can get your timing right and to be able to judge how much your hits will do to certain people and what damage you will take from certain people

and as for what skills to use in what situation, even an idiot could write a guide on that just by looking at there skills
    but things that look good on paper don't always work out that way in actually pvp

Do you think you can use skills how you think according to situation?There are many new players or vets who haven't played other classes to decent lvls,that's why we need a guide,whats the best tactic to deal with specific classes,that's what this thread is all about,people want to know how to deal with specific classes in pk

"but no matter what someone tells you in a guide the only way you'll do well is with experience."

Do you expect us to magicly gain experience and go in pk and kill everyone?How can players do well if they don't even know what combos to do how to fight a class so they don't get owned?The answer is by reading a guide!
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    even new players have common sense x.x

like hey look tackling slash immobilizes the target, maybe you should use that on kiters?

-_-
  • zayonx
    zayonx Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Against arcane, LA

1. Deep Sting - Sleep
    2. Throatcut - Silence
    3. Tackling Slash - Inmobilize
    4. High damage spell

Feel free to insult me
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    even new players have common sense x.x

like hey look tackling slash immobilizes the target, maybe you should use that on kiters?

-_-

Everyone has common sense.But just by immobilizing a kiter won't win you a fight.And even new players how would they know a veno is a kiter?Maybe they would just go for the pet instead of the veno?-owned.I don't really care if someone makes a guide,i could probobly do good without one.But im here typing this because newer players need a guide or even those who've been playing PW for a while now.All of you are bashing against me like you want to try and keep someone from making a guide -.-
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    zayonx wrote: »
    Against arcane, LA

1. Deep Sting - Sleep
    2. Throatcut - Silence
    3. Tackling Slash - Inmobilize
    4. High damage spell

Feel free to insult me

You should use puncture wound before deep sting, the bleed effect deals physical damage and doesnt interrupt the sleep effect.

"Feel free to insult me"
    We aren't here to insult people omg I just want to know the best way to deal with other classes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piper_Shiva - Harshlands
    Piper_Shiva - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Some people are here to insult others apparently... (Looks at the two people badgering each other a few posts up.)

In any case, my view on a guide is this: Guides are useful for getting the basic idea of fighting. While I can probably come up with 90% of what's going to be in the guide myself from experimentation and practice, I would be saved much trouble and time if I were to read a guide and find out what works from the get-go. Of course, even then, even with the guide, I'll need to practice, and earn personal experience.

To whoever said that they didn't want to hear personal anecdotes from other players about pvp experiences: Why not? Listening to others relate their own stories increases our knowledge, and increasing our knowledge passively increases our experience.

I hope that this thread grows more into a discussion of skills and timing rather than a discussion of whether guides are useful or not.

By the way, my friend, a lvl 8x wiz got murdered by a 6x 'Sin the other day in a duel because she apparently got her crit buff on before he attacked her. On shotted. O_o
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You can't write a damn guide, it all depends what you and the other are trying to do, your level, your gear, genies, how much chi you start with, what skills you leveled and so on. Tackling is an epically useless skill if the enemy isn't going to try moving away, but it's probably the best thing you have against anything that's trying to run/kite. Depending on what class you're against you may want to save sleep in case they spark on you or some other spike. Stealth adds even more possibilities.

A guide? Figure it out yourself by experimenting, it's just a game, dying/losing doesn't matter. If your epeen is too sensitive find a friend/sparring partner and duel/fight him a thousand times until you've tried every combination you can think of.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Everyone has common sense.But just by immobilizing a kiter won't win you a fight.And even new players how would they know a veno is a kiter?Maybe they would just go for the pet instead of the veno?-owned.I don't really care if someone makes a guide,i could probobly do good without one.But im here typing this because newer players need a guide or even those who've been playing PW for a while now.All of you are bashing against me like you want to try and keep someone from making a guide -.-

doesn't take a genus to realize killing a veno is easier than killing a pet then a veno x.x

and of course tackling slash alone won't kill a kiter but look

tackling > deep sting > adv spark > RDS > slipstream > headhunt

that might kill some kiters but it won't kill every kiter you'll come across
    and of course you need to start with pretty much full chi

you should re-read what kristoph wrote if you still think you can make a guide, you can have general tips and stuff but they won't all work for every player, there are too many different factors
    You can't write a damn guide, it all depends what you and the other are trying to do, your level, your gear, genies, how much chi you start with, what skills you leveled and so on. Tackling is an epically useless skill if the enemy isn't going to try moving away, but it's probably the best thing you have against anything that's trying to run/kite. Depending on what class you're against you may want to save sleep in case they spark on you or some other spike. Stealth adds even more possibilities.

A guide? Figure it out yourself by experimenting, it's just a game, dying/losing doesn't matter. If your epeen is too sensitive find a friend/sparring partner and duel/fight him a thousand times until you've tried every combination you can think of.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

("')(o.o)
    me are agree with this.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Avoniz - Harshlands
    Avoniz - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We sins have all the skills that's considered as godly in pvp, you just need to learn to play a squishy **** class that has melee attacks: 5 sec pro damage stun, 3 sec tele stun from 35M, almost 12 sec immobilize skill wtf? b:shocked, Interupt with 70% rate from 35m OP? Sleep the target for 5 sec if your about to die, 100% speed buff and another one with anti combat debuff ( stun/sleep/immobilize ), 400% Damage AoE skill (must be a pro finisher move after charm tick at endgame), 30 m teleport move, Stealth in COMBAT, and a 150 chi move that deals OKAY damage and a pro anti melee skill that reduces their attack speed by 50%. I mean if you know to play and you throw all of these into one pro combo I doubt any class can make it out alive cept cheap **** barbs, but no one cares about them in PvP.
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I doubt any class can make it out alive cept cheap **** barbs, but no one cares about them in PvP.

I care about barbs. b:sad
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zayonx
    zayonx Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You should use puncture wound before deep sting, the bleed effect deals physical damage and doesnt interrupt the sleep effect.

"Feel free to insult me"
    We aren't here to insult people omg I just want to know the best way to deal with other classes!

if u use puncture wound before deep sting a cleric can use his sleep spell
  • turi
    turi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hmm, well, here's my 2 cents.

I'm only level 39 right now but I've had a lot of experience escaping higher level PKers and killing anyone who's tried PKing me who has been roughly my level.

I use Wind Walk or whatever it's called to speed away the second someone attacks me, when I'm far enough away (harder to do against BMs since they have a similar speed boost move), I go stealth and think of what to do from there.

Generally I will lead with Deep Sting, and then go for a Slipstream or something, then Tackling Slash, then perhaps run away and stealth to come back at them again or something.

I do use Puncture Wound a lot, but I'm not a high enough level for it to really matter since the moves I listed will basically take anyone out anyway, Barbs and BMs are much harder than everyone else.

I'm not a pro or anything so yeah, just my 2 cents, and all the Barbs I've had try to PK me have failed since they miss like every attack, no joke.
    I'm assuming that will change as I get higher, and the Barbs are higher.
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    turi wrote: »
    Hmm, well, here's my 2 cents.

I'm only level 39 right now but I've had a lot of experience escaping higher level PKers and killing anyone who's tried PKing me who has been roughly my level.

I use Wind Walk or whatever it's called to speed away the second someone attacks me, when I'm far enough away (harder to do against BMs since they have a similar speed boost move), I go stealth and think of what to do from there.

Generally I will lead with Deep Sting, and then go for a Slipstream or something, then Tackling Slash, then perhaps run away and stealth to come back at them again or something.

I do use Puncture Wound a lot, but I'm not a high enough level for it to really matter since the moves I listed will basically take anyone out anyway, Barbs and BMs are much harder than everyone else.

I'm not a pro or anything so yeah, just my 2 cents, and all the Barbs I've had try to PK me have failed since they miss like every attack, no joke.
    I'm assuming that will change as I get higher, and the Barbs are higher.

You are a pure?
  • turi
    turi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No, unfortunately, I have like 34 points in VIT.. :(

Other than that, I've got 44 STR and the rest in DEX right now.

I'm only doing 1 STR and rest in DEX from now on, since the VIT really won't play a big role later, but DEX will, I would assume.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Omg its simple.

Arcane: Chillofthedeep -> Shadowjump -> tackling slash -> rising dragon strike = kthxbai.

Light: Rip strike -> puncture wound -> deep sting / run away -> sparkburst/wolf emblen -> detenoate ground -> tackling slash -> invis = kthxbai.

Heavy: Knife throw -> rib strike -> puncutre wound -> shadow escape -> "5 seconds later" -> rising dragon strike -> puncutre wound -> deep sting -> sparkburst/wolfemblen = kthxbai (if not repeat step 1, just with windpush)

Kthx.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yes lets run away from light armor because everyone who uses light armor is a ranged class and we are a melee class

dam why didn't i think of that >=o
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yes lets run away from light armor because everyone who uses light armor is a ranged class and we are a melee class

dam why didn't i think of that >=o

Why not use your brain dumbass, they will be sleep so get distance to spark up and wolf, if that don't go according to plan shadow jump is still there.

What i said is just a simple skillchain to use.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why not use your brain dumbass, they will be sleep so get distance to spark up and wolf, if that don't go according to plan shadow jump is still there.

What i said is just a simple skillchain to use.

why not just spark and wolf WHILE they are asleep?
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why not just spark and wolf WHILE they are asleep?

KEY:
    '->' NEXT MOVE.
    '/' OPTIONAL MOVE.

Now read my skill chains again, kthx.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    KEY:
    '->' NEXT MOVE.
    '/' OPTIONAL MOVE.

Now read my skill chains again, kthx.

still ****ing stupid to run away from an archer/wizzie/cleric/veno that your trying to kill
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    your forgetting ur talking to morty hereb:chuckle
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    still ****ing stupid to run away from an archer/wizzie/cleric/veno that your trying to kill

Ok I'm going to explain the best way I can to a ****** like you;

While...there...stunned...or...asleep...rebuff...if...you...have...to...you...could...even...get...some...distance...to...regenrate...hp...if...needed...and...simply...shadowstep...back...to...the...target...to...instantly...be...back...in...the...fight...and...suprizing...them...you...do...not...have...to...run...if...you...are...ok...and...running...from...a...veno...is...stupid...from...any...other...class...it...will...be...needed...depending...on...the...course...of...the...fight.
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm sensin' a bit of tension in the camp.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

While...there...stunned...or...asleep...rebuff...if...you...have...to...you...could...even...get...some...distance...to...regenrate...hp...if...needed...and...simply...shadowstep...back...to...the...target...to...instantly...be...back...in...the...fight...and...suprizing...them...you...do...not...have...to...run...if...you...are...ok...and...running...from...a...veno...is...stupid...from...any...other...class...it...will...be...needed...depending...on...the...course...of...the...fight.

combat mode won't end before sleep ends so running to regen hp is pointless and there asleep so your not getting hit regardless of is you run or not
    your forgetting ur talking to morty hereb:chuckle

lolol true true
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    combat mode won't end before sleep ends so running to regen hp is pointless and there asleep so your not getting hit regardless of is you run or not

You still regenrate little hp, and that little helps, use your imagination, depending how the fight goes anything will be irelevant so all in all you fail and don't see the point in nothing, l2p.

kthxbai.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

point is, why do u have to run from a target if they are sleep/stuned in the first place? just to shadow teleport back to them so u can look cool? waste of energy/a spark/mana...

if they are asleep/stunned theres no need to run... and if u ever get in trouble at all to where u rly need some hp then force stelth. ALOT better to force stealth and GAIN a spark and be invisble to everyone rather then running away and shadow teleporting back to someone to WASTE a spark. shadow teleport is mainly for ppl that are running away or to close the gap between u and a archer or something. its not used for u to waste it just so u can look like a tard.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You still regenrate little hp, and that little helps, use your imagination, depending how the fight goes anything will be irelevant so all in all you fail and don't see the point in nothing, l2p.

kthxbai.

hey big shock here but you regen the same hp standing around or buffing yourself that you do running away b:shocked
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hey big shock here but you regen the same hp standing around or buffing yourself that you do running away b:shocked

Lmao I like how you stick to pointless things because you have no valid comment.
    Forget about the ****ing hp regain, depending how the fight turns out (which you don't know) it never hurts to get some distance, even use the other shadow jump that stuns them even, now stfu im done explaining.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lmao I like how you stick to pointless things because you have no valid comment.
    Forget about the ****ing hp regain, depending how the fight turns out (which you don't know) it never hurts to get some distance, even use the other shadow jump that stuns them even, now stfu im done explaining.

>_< How the hell does distance help an assassin in the middle of a fight?
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael