Waah Psychics...Shut up!

Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
Ok, we all have heard that psychics are ridiculously strong, yes, they probably are astronomically overpowered, but, Wizards have not been entirely replaced yet! Besides, this is just a game. I'm not going to re-roll, quit, or throw my computer into the middle of the street for it to get run over by a plow and tossed into the snow (yes, where I come from, it is snowing, obviously) until there is NO HOPE yet. Furthermore, I think that I would probably stick with my Wizard anyway, after having spent so much time with it. Also, I play my Wiz for fun, and I intend on having fun, so I'm not going to fret over a little insignificant INTERWEBZ GAME. So stop whining and just play your Wiz! If you want to reroll, do it and shut up! But enough of my yelling, that's pretty much all I wanted to say (at least as far as ranting goes).

I think that there may be another update given that we need more Tideborn masters in the world to teach skills, and also to give them their higher-level skills. I also think that if this update comes, the GM's will also tweak some things to make it balanced again. I don't have proof of either of these theories, but they're nice ideas. But for now, I think this is just a "test-run" to see how the new classes work in the game and then modifications can be made as needed. (Also, it would be great if a GM gave an opinion on my idea.)

That is all.
[sigpic] [/sigpic]
Post edited by Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kalibur - Lost City
    Kalibur - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im not sure but isnt tideborn water class?

more like wiz will do plenty of damage.....if you know wat i meanb:cute
    Below is my Signature dont steal
    b:angry World Domination b:angry
  • Chic_Sigh - Heavens Tear
    Chic_Sigh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I also think that if this update comes, the GM's will also tweak some things to make it balanced again.

Err... hmmm, what is that supposed to mean? that the psychics will be nerfed because of some QQ'ing wizzies?

And what do you mean by "balanced again"? That the wiz should remain the highest DD class -- if it ever was -- and that the GM's should accomodate them by nerfing the psychics?

That would be utterly senseless but hey, QQ'ers have been known to get their ways more than once with PWI... except that, this time, the new classes have been rolled by long-time players and newbs alike -- including actual wizzies -- and I don't think it would be fair to accommodate a group at the expense of the whole community.

Just my two cents.

b:surrender
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Err... hmmm, what is that supposed to mean? that the psychics will be nerfed because of some QQ'ing wizzies?

And what do you mean by "balanced again"? That the wiz should remain the highest DD class -- if it ever was -- and that the GM's should accomodate them by nerfing the psychics?

That would be utterly senseless but hey, QQ'ers have been known to get their ways more than once with PWI... except that, this time, the new classes have been rolled by long-time players and newbs alike -- including actual wizzies -- and I don't think it would be fair to accommodate a group at the expense of the whole community.

Just my two cents.

You are obviously new to this game.
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Just my two cents.

You didn't realize this? If you own end-game wizard, you will own every another class. So this make 1 class too OP. So You can be SURE, that dev. will change it sooner or later. And don't forget, that power of wizard is gained just at end of game and it was very painful to get to high levels so we deserve some power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Just my two cents.

Never stir the beehive.... QQmoar wizzies can QQ moar at our forums, but we should not follow their example.

What happens in the wizzies forums belongs to their discussion.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So this make 1 class too OP. So You can be SURE, that dev. will change it sooner or later.

Yeah, just like they nerfed veno's with nix

Oh, wait...

-_-
    Packs World International
  • Tumlaven - Sanctuary
    Tumlaven - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Oh, wait...

-_-

.. in order to beat the nix.. u beat the one controlling it.. take out the veno... cause without their pets venos don't hurt all that much.. hence the nix came to be..so ya..they arnet gonna make a nix even weaker.. cause then the veno would be fail.. but i still love their pulling abillity.. <3 u venos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You didn't realize this? If you own end-game wizard, you will own every another class. So this make 1 class too OP. So You can be SURE, that dev. will change it sooner or later. And don't forget, that power of wizard is gained just at end of game and it was very painful to get to high levels so we deserve some power.

thats so true
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    .. in order to beat the nix.. u beat the one controlling it.. take out the veno... cause without their pets venos don't hurt all that much.. hence the nix came to be..so ya..they arnet gonna make a nix even weaker.. cause then the veno would be fail.. but i still love their pulling abillity.. <3 u venos

You dont PvP much do you?
    Any decent veno will stun you and bleed the living **** out of you before you can retaliate.

Thank god for genies.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im not sure but isnt tideborn water class?

more like wiz will do plenty of damage.....if you know wat i meanb:cute

Water and Earth...ijs

Also, people who are speculating are killing me....The reason: NO ONE IS ENDGAME! NO ONE KNOWS THE SAGE/DEMON SKILLS!

For the love people...I think I will make one about all the assassins saying how they are going to own all other classes because they have Shadow and Teleport....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    New classes will not stop me playing my wizzie. My level 79 Barb might hehe but there are only so many hours in the day an at this point in time i have too stick with my wizzie. Prolly always will my tidborn is level 2. El is 93.....
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The funny thing is, with leveling my own psychic, and partying with them now that more are getting into BH-land, it convinced me to keep my wiz over the psychic. Wizards are far more useful in squads thusfar, and have no reason to be afraid of a possibility of psychic taking their places as useful DD.
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What is the point of this thread?
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    _howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=548862

pls STFU >_>
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Ummm that thread, unlike this one, actually has a point? This one is just random digression of ones own opinion.
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • remilia112
    remilia112 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i need help, i got my own computer and when i downloaded perfect world (fine it worked) but when i went to log on MY CHARACTOR WAS GONE!!!! (lvl 15) what can i do to get my charactor back
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    remilia112 wrote: »
    i need help, i got my own computer and when i downloaded perfect world (fine it worked) but when i went to log on MY CHARACTOR WAS GONE!!!! (lvl 15) what can i do to get my charactor back

Wrong thread and forum much?
    edited December 2009
    remilia112 wrote: »

send a ticket to GM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Raging Tide
    Astoru - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Oh, wait...

-_-
    When will you silly nooblets realize that it's not the phoenix that's bugged, rather the skill itself?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    send a ticket to GM.

Ticketing system is just a way to get ignored more... Both times I've submitted tickets.. got totally ignored (no response at all).. so no thx
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When will you silly nooblets realize that it's not the phoenix that's bugged, rather the skill itself?

The phoenix is the visible representation of the broken skill -_- (for instance: you don't hate soapstone, but you'd probably find a soapstone statute of Hltler stepping on children to be distasteful).

And since we're totally off topic; the flesh ream skill seems to deal way bigger damage when a 'nix is using it. Pressa's honey bee thing bleeds me for like 650 (it's lv 90-somethin') while the phoenix bird bleeds between 950 (lowest I've seen yet), and 1650 (Antigone's lv 101 nix)...

/rant
  • Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
    Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2009

To tell people to stop whining (even though I ended up doing the same thing). At first it seemed that a lot of people seemed to think psychics were overpowered but now that they are growing into higher levels and, as it turns out, the game is still balanced, so my theories are now null and void.
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The phoenix is the visible representation of the broken skill -_- (for instance: you don't hate soapstone, but you'd probably find a soapstone statute of Hltler stepping on children to be distasteful).

And since we're totally off topic; the flesh ream skill seems to deal way bigger damage when a 'nix is using it. Pressa's honey bee thing bleeds me for like 650 (it's lv 90-somethin') while the phoenix bird bleeds between 950 (lowest I've seen yet), and 1650 (Antigone's lv 101 nix)...

/rant

pet bleed is OP, sin bleed is OP, i wonder about psychic bleed,
    I WANTZ AN OP BLEEDb:cryb:surrender
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    To tell people to stop whining (even though I ended up doing the same thing). At first it seemed that a lot of people seemed to think psychics were overpowered but now that they are growing into higher levels and, as it turns out, the game is still balanced, so my theories are now null and void.

It's not as balanced as you think. Look at their skill tree very carefully and you will see in PVP or duels, they have something to counter each and every class.

They are owning classes all over with their fast channeling and reflects skills.

Add a mana regen ability to them and they will rule the PWI.
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's not as balanced as you think. Look at their skill tree very carefully and you will see in PVP or duels, they have something to counter each and every class.

They are owning classes all over with their fast channeling and reflects skills.

Add a mana regen ability to them and they will rule the PWI.

Sure psys have some good tactical skills, but which class doesn't? You're not that OP. The dynamics of the game aren't bent in your favor.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Sure psys have some good tactical skills, but which class doesn't? You're not that OP. The dynamics of the game aren't bent in your favor.

In case you do not know, I'm not very keen on Psychics owning classes all over. They have something for every class, does damage that are higher than us (mages), do you think it's even funny?

If I grinded up to 90 on a mage only to know this class has been taken over by Psys and I'm not needed in anyway... then do I level up this toon next?
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    In case you do not know, I'm not very keen on Psychics owning classes all over. They have something for every class, does damage that are higher than us (mages), do you think it's even funny?

If I grinded up to 90 on a mage only to know this class has been taken over by Psys and I'm not needed in anyway... then do I level up this toon next?

i think you should level your psy. If you like DDing/debuffing psy is well worth it. The 59 skills changes EVERYTHING! I dont have my 60 orb yet (waiting for friend to get out of BH to make it x.x) and i can take out a lvl 75 archer.
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Amouriv. I dont believe a word your saying. =/. How can you beat a Archer 20 levels higher then you. I understand that your class is OP, but that is a bunch of BS. Ill believe it when i see it, and since i dont see it, i dont belive it. If you provide a video or SS then ill belive you.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Amouriv. I dont believe a word your saying. =/. How can you beat a Archer 20 levels higher then you. I understand that your class is OP, but that is a bunch of BS. Ill believe it when i see it, and since i dont see it, i dont belive it. If you provide a video or SS then ill belive you.

it wasnt hard

double spark(double spark invncibility avoided stun) > will of the psychic(immune to phys damage) > i had black voodoo on so all i had to do was aqua impact then spirit blast and it was over.
    edited December 2009
    it wasnt hard

double spark(double spark invncibility avoided stun) > will of the psychic(immune to phys damage) > i had black voodoo on so all i had to do was aqua impact then spirit blast and it was over.

If is true, then this is prove, that game isn't ok. And must be balanced. I hope they will do it soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]