edited December 2009
    Options
    They all melted.
    Maybe you have been naughty? b:chuckle
  • SunnyS - Lost City
    SunnyS - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No I've been good. This is so fail! I've been looking forward to xmas event since....it ended last year. QQ
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This year we get to spend money on anni packs, yaaay /sarcasm
  • Asthedium - Heavens Tear
    Asthedium - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I heard something about a Christmas event happening. Like...today.

Anyone know if that's happening this year?
    And if it's not, can we make it happen this year?
    Please?
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The event is: "how high can PWI shove gold prices to?"

On a side note, CONGRATZ PWI. 4 YEARS RUNNING!!!
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smokewraith - Sanctuary
    Smokewraith - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I miiss the snowmen, *sniff sniff* would be great for getting my tideborn levelled, plus all those mirages and celestones for refining my gear......... fireworks.... pumkinhead pills etc.
  • Dydrial - Sanctuary
    Dydrial - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Apparently PW can't be bothered to make anything fun or festive this year. They are all too busy rolling around in the money made through those irritating packs.

OH YAY. LOOK. MORE **** TO BUY. Oh, Merry Merry Christmas. Ho ho ho. Who needs a free event like Snowmen, Santa, or the Christmas tree, when you can buy anni packs again? Merry commercialized Christmas.

Well, it's merry if you have money to spend, I guess.

Sigh. b:scorn
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Kinda lame, I really thought they would do xmas event from today till next maint.

I wont be on for xmas.....or xmas eve. So, I guess because I have a life and a loving family and friends, I miss out?

b:sad I iz sad tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I am afraid to think what kind of results we might see with xmas event on new expansion. It is like upgrading one beta build with another beta build and adding unstable add-ons.
    b:shocked
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I am afraid to think what kind of results we might see with xmas event on new expansion. It is like upgrading one beta build with another beta build and adding unstable add-ons.
    b:shocked

you stole our xmas event mr grinch >:O
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    you stole our xmas event mr grinch >:O

I'm not going to comment on an ongoing investigation.
    b:shutup
  • thoriumxenon
    thoriumxenon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:sad been looking forward to Christmas event, skipping it is another epic mistake from PWI...showing how little they care about the players.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wow this is probally the most silly i have seen yet off PWE
    they didnt even bother to have the exactly same christmas as last year they just did nothing except even more sales
    i mean how hard can it be just to insert the same data as last year im sure they stil got that patch somewhere

this is Epic lazyness
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Khristy - Heavens Tear
    Khristy - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Looking at the page for last year's Xmas event, it stated... "That's right, the Perfect World Christmas & New Year's event is upon us! Read on for details on the different parts of this epic event, which begins on December 24th..."

Ok, so today is only Dec 23rd, therefore it's possible that the event could begin tomorrow, same as last year.

As far as all the concern about downloading a patch, etc... wouldn't the same exact data that was used in last year's event still remain on our computers, only having been disabled after the event ended?

All that would be needed is a timer of some sort to restart it at the proper time/date?

Guess we will just have to wait and see, although I doubt PWI would totally skip celebrating perhaps the largest holiday event in western civilization!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This year our fun "event" is buying sale items to include the popular anniversary pack. Well done PWI. It's a fine line between disappointment and predictability.
  • Trouble - Raging Tide
    Trouble - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Why come to a conclusion already? Maybe it is still there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost city character: Anirudh - Barbarian - 88
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Who need snowmen when we have anniversary packs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Maybe Tideborns being released could be considered a Christmas gift... >.> Gosh if you people don't expect anything, you won't be dissapointed and can enjoy what you are given. XD

"Only an entire new expansion for Christmas? Omg I want snowmen too" :P Just poking a bit of fun at the idea...I can see why it might make you sad but I didn't think they'd pull off some amazing event right after the expansion anyways.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    They may still enable it on PWI. Should not be too hard since the files should still be in the client since last year's Xmas event.

They problably only have to shut down the servers, activate a couple of game variables on them and restart them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    YAY! Merry Christmas Perfect World, and TY for return of SNOWMENZ!

http://translate.google.com/translat...sl=zh-CN&tl=en

Whoops, thats the Chinese server.

W8 here it is!

http://perfectworld.levelupgames.ph/...w.html?rid=197

Whoops, thats the Philippines server.

I FOUND THE SNOWMENZ!!

http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/vie...=286736#286736

Whoops, Malaysian server.

Uh! Oh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    They may still enable it on PWI. Should not be too hard since the files should still be in the client since last year's Xmas event.

They problably only have to shut down the servers, activate a couple of game variables on them and restart them.

b:laugh My thoughts exactly blanche
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Christmas is not here yet so perhaps we may get something starting the 25th to Jan.3.

Trying to look for some positive hope. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Christmas is not here yet so perhaps we may get something starting the 25th to Jan.3.

I would love to see every1 laughing in my face that there IS a Christmas Event b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have replied to many of these but well, I'll do it again.

Last year I joined the game around christmas when I had no idea what celestones were or the chi stones. I farmed hundreds and NPCd them all for money.

I have been looking forward to this christmas for several months in hopes they will return.

If they do not make an appearence, well Tideborn may have something to do with that and business is business although it truely saddens me.

I can't say I am disappointed yet because christmas hasn't passed and I don't presume to know the future. But I hope they make a last minute appearence and stick around for a while.

"All I want for Christmas is Snowmen"

Regards.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have replied to many of these but well, I'll do it again.

Last year I joined the game around christmas when I had no idea what celestones were or the chi stones. I farmed hundreds and NPCd them all for money.

I have been looking forward to this christmas for several months in hopes they will return.

If they do not make an appearence, well Tideborn may have something to do with that and business is business although it truely saddens me.

I can't say I am disappointed yet because christmas hasn't passed and I don't pressume to know the future. But I hope they make a last minute appearence and stick around for a while.

"All I want for Christmas is Snowmen"

Regards.

I've been here since the start of PWI, check date joined xD... i have quit too many times to count for reasons like school and messed up internet and crashed computer and others (normally quit for months at a time), and I have always loved PWI, and they never cease to surprise me, so maybe.... But ont he point about Tideborn, all the other version got the expansion too, AND a Christmas Event, and can we bame this on the Devs? I don't think so, the "people in charge of PWI," trying to be politically correct, should still have everything they need from last year :( but I don't know anything about how this stuff works sooo... xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Maybe Tideborns being released could be considered a Christmas gift... >.> Gosh if you people don't expect anything, you won't be dissapointed and can enjoy what you are given. XD

"Only an entire new expansion for Christmas? Omg I want snowmen too" :P Just poking a bit of fun at the idea...I can see why it might make you sad but I didn't think they'd pull off some amazing event right after the expansion anyways.

You realize the expansion isn't for "us". Its not a gift for those of us who were already here. The expansion is a gift for PWI. In their hopes to bring back old players and entice new ones to come. By far, it is THEIR gift to themselves.

The amazing event you speak of, takes no effort whatsoever. We already even have it downloaded. They only need enable it and watch their player base forgive them again for everything.

Expecting something that was given in the past isn't really reaching for much. They may return, they may not. But the fact remains we could use much more free events around here. SALES ARE NOT EVENTS!
    As per "enjoy what you are given" they are making it hard to do that. Lets roll the servers back to last December and start over the way it used to be. Back then, I don't think I ever seen complaints unless it was in regards to members in the community. Not the company.
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    DarkReCon - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Heres the positive hope.. Lets put the ANNIVERSARY packs back while EVERYONE is still here so we can buy that new yacht for X-Mas.. Oh yeah, lets have the snowman event on when EVERYONE is away with their families or traveling..
    Why wont my sig work.. Not kool..
  • Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver
    Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Heres the positive hope.. Lets put the ANNIVERSARY packs back while EVERYONE is still here so we can buy that new yacht for X-Mas.. Oh yeah, lets have the snowman event on when EVERYONE is away with their families or traveling..

I so agree.. EPIC failure..

PS.. I would really like to know why my sigs wont work.. I beat it would if it was a anniversary pack..
    ANNIVERSARY:
    (noun)
    1. the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event:
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date.

BUT according to PWI:
    (money)
    1. the DAILY recurrence of the date of a past event.
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date that last 6 months.
  • VidaLove - Heavens Tear
    VidaLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I want a X-Mas Outfit b:cry
This discussion has been closed.