**** Account& the hacker closes my tickets!

Options
VorgX - Raging Tide
VorgX - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Hey guys! On the 29th of august someone **** this account, some friends of mine managed to get it back for like 5 minutes, and I logged here, unfortinatly, pwi changed the Secret Q&A to some new stuff, so I can't get my account back! I would REALLY love if a GM could PM me in game! (on iAwesome, my alt) This is the only way I can imagine to work. I'llgive you more info in game, but PLEASE, if you can, take a look at the ticket I sendt yesterday. The hacker closed it yesterday too >_<
(VorgX/ iAwesome - Raging tides)
Post edited by VorgX - Raging Tide on

Comments

• VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lawl.

Share accounts less :3
  • O_____o - Raging Tide
    O_____o - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lawl.

Share accounts less :3

Yesterday I talked to the hacker in game (when he was on my char) and he admitted that he used a keylog or what its called. Watch what u download people T_T..
    (This is VorgX's alt acc)b:surrender I got screenies btw =3=
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Step one, get a virus scanner. Avast and Avira are both free and very highly rated.

Step two, Change your account password, DUH!

Step three, open a ticket

Case closed.

Was that really so hard to figure out?
  • IAwesome - Raging Tide
    IAwesome - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Step one, get a virus scanner. Avast and Avira are both free and very highly rated.

Step two, Change your account password, DUH!

Step three, open a ticket

Case closed. Was that really so hard to figure out?

Listen, Idk if u read what I wrote in the beginning.. but here>
    1~I have AVG, but apparantly he **** trough tht, idk.
    2~I didn't have time enough to change the pass before he did, if you take a look at it, its not about security answer / question anymore.
    3~I have opened 2 tickets, the hacker closed 1 of them before the gms could look at it, and I have opened one on this account too, but I got no response. (2 days now)
    "Case not closed. Thanks for trying ! Appreciate it!b:victory

nb> I just realized it says O_____o on my 2nd post, and iAwesome on this one, but they're on the same acc,just changed char.
  • IAwesome - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I just realized I didn't mention that the hacker **** my email too. Nervous europeans, notyb:thanks
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Looks like you got absolutely owned then.

contact your emails support and give all the info you need to reset that, then do the rest of it.

As a precaution, do it off a different PC. In fact, if possible, do it off a PSP or something, be super sure you wont be keylogged allover again.
  • IAwesome - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Looks like you got absolutely owned then.

contact your emails support and give all the info you need to reset that, then do the rest of it.

As a precaution, do it off a different PC. In fact, if possible, do it off a PSP or something, be super sure you wont be keylogged allover again.
    in 15 min it says that I can try to change password for my email by answering to the security question, but the hacker might have changed that too! Lets cross fingers >_< That might be the only sulution.. Unless GM's would actually do something.
  • Creaver - Heavens Tear
    Creaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    format pc. change all passwords. i had the same issue but i stooped them the second they compromised my twitter. only gm hear is the wiki mod the rest are passedout in someones lawn by now heh 3 day weekend.
  • IAwesome - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    format pc. change all passwords. i had the same issue but i stooped them the second they compromised my twitter. only gm hear is the wiki mod the rest are passedout in someones lawn by now heh 3 day weekend.
    But like.. The hacker has already changed all the passwords, so I can't do that.b:surrender
  • Creaver - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i mean on everything email your messangers fourms other games socal sites. they only need to get there hands on a email account to reak havoc. formatting makes dam sure you kill the keylogger.
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I did read from the beginning, so now you can apply what I said...
    Listen, Idk if u read what I wrote in the beginning.. but here>
    1~I have AVG, but apparantly he **** trough tht, idk.
    Obviously it's not working and you need a different one. Both of the ones I recommended are rated higher than AVG in detection and they both have fewer false positives.
    2~I didn't have time enough to change the pass before he did, if you take a look at it, its not about security answer / question anymore.
    If you follow step one and fix the keylogger part, then he can't see what you're doing anymore. Hence, when you change a password, he won't automatically know what it is anymore.
    3~I have opened 2 tickets, the hacker closed 1 of them before the gms could look at it, and I have opened one on this account too, but I got no response. (2 days now)
    "Case not closed. Thanks for trying ! Appreciate it!b:victory
    And here we are, right back again, If you followed the previous steps properly and now have a "clean" system, he now can't get your info and does not know what it is. Change your passwords for everything. Now he can't read your e-mail or close your tickets.

Did you really not consider this?
  • Creaver - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    with access to the account he can close the tickets. bit if the email still works getting him off that you can recover the pass.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    who the **** are these ppl i keep hearing more and more about this hackers.
    at 1st i tho someone was giving acc share acc i mean but i heard of 5 ppl cases in lost in 3 days WTFb:shocked.

gm do something or someone will cap pwb:shocked
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    who the **** are these ppl i keep hearing more and more about this hackers.
    at 1st i tho someone was giving acc share acc i mean but i heard of 5 ppl cases in lost in 3 days WTFb:shocked.

gm do something or someone will cap pwb:shocked

More gold selling recently too.

Ya dont think there might be a connection do ya? b:sin
  • Creaver - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    its the weekend the hackers come out of the woodwork around this time being there are no gms online to stop them. i use avast and havent been hit with a logger but when sony got **** my pass got leaked.
  • IAwesome - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I did read from the beginning, so now you can apply what I said...

Obviously it's not working and you need a different one. Both of the ones I recommended are rated higher than AVG in detection and they both have fewer false positives.

If you follow step one and fix the keylogger part, then he can't see what you're doing anymore. Hence, when you change a password, he won't automatically know what it is anymore.

And here we are, right back again, If you followed the previous steps properly and now have a "clean" system, he now can't get your info and does not know what it is. Change your passwords for everything. Now he can't read your e-mail or close your tickets.

Did you really not consider this?
    Tiageos, could you log on sanctuary with ur barb? I would like to like chat with you..
  • Creaver - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sharing a account even with trusted people bring the risk up of getting **** up alot you may keep your pc clean of keyloggers and stuff but your other 4 buddys may not even run a anti vires.

i fix pcs on the side when people around hear ask and i can tell you some setups are such a mess when i get to them its crazy. expired or no av full of spyware and normal a few vires infections.
  • IAwesome - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dont get why GMs NEVER do they job, and let things like this happen, and let it just go away by itself! GET REAL! I have never seen this bad gms in any other games!
    I know ur lazy and stuff, but ur running PWI, GO DO WHATUR SUPPOSED TO DO! omgb:angry
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:surrender no offense but you let the key logger in your system there are several things you could have done the instant you figured out you had one but you didn't. Therefore if they have your email and you can't get it back and they have your account and you can't get it back and you haven't set up any other form to recover either of those (btw you can set up another email to recover your first one yahoo and stuff is great like that. But you had to have done it before you got logged)

I'd recommend avast for the boot scan feature. Its a feature where you restart your computer and before any of those nasty bugs have a chance to boot in windows os, because heh windows isn't started yet, Avast runs a scan and is capable of scanning EVERYTHING without interruption cept by you. That usually takes care of pretty much anything on your system but avast is slightly jumpy so its up to you which one of the two you choose.

And if he has your account info across the board what are the GMs suppose to do exactly? You should be careful :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sharing a account even with trusted people bring the risk up of getting **** up...

well neither this, nor keyloggers, is actually hacking, but this reason is where 95% of the so-called hacking comes from. The keyloggers typically come from the "cheats" that people try to download for the game.

To the OP, sorry but I can't login atm, Saturday mornin' with the wife and kids. I just check in here periodically because PWI's forums are interesting.
  • Selenica - Sanctuary
    Selenica - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dont get why GMs NEVER do they job, and let things like this happen, and let it just go away by itself! GET REAL! I have never seen this bad gms in any other games!
    I know ur lazy and stuff, but ur running PWI, GO DO WHATUR SUPPOSED TO DO! omgb:angry

There are no GM's to help you til Monday.
    Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee^^
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is what it sounds like to me:

If person has access to PWI, knows enough to close tickets, they are obviously a player of PWI.

If they accessed that person's twitter, then it's very likely they used the same e-mail and pw between twitter and PW.

As iterated most of the problems happen when people share accounts, and just about nobody ever admits they shared accounts, despite GM's being able to compare IP addresses to see who/when has logged into the account and verify this is actually true, and true quite often.

It's funny how roughly 15 years of MMO's and I've never been "****" like this.
  • Selenica - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I went 14. Streak ended this year. I know why and it will never happen again.
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Antivirus software is for noobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selenica - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No. Antivirus that don't work are.

Get Malwarebytes. That thing saved my *** on more than one occasion.
  • Creaver - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    avast has a male-war scanner. i don't think avg does. yea i went 20 years but when sony got **** twice my password was leaked threw no fault of my own.
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yeah not using the same log in/password for everything is a good practice.
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/ <- will delete all infected files
    http://www.zonealarm.com/ <- is a good free firewall tho so haxor cant get acces to ur comp except if u are keylogged =)
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/ <- will delete all infected files
    http://www.zonealarm.com/ <- is a good free firewall tho so haxor cant get acces to ur comp except if u are keylogged =)

Zone Alarm is one of the most annoying, worst, most useless firewalls out there.

Seriously, if you're gonna use a firewall, go buy a freaking router. The last time I used Zone Alarm, it screwed up my IP Stack so bad I had to reinstall Windows to set up a VPN. It TOTALLY hosed my IP Stack. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Creaver - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol za was useful in 1995 when we all used dial-up modems on windows 95. now its just bloated old soft-where. they toss more junk into to try and make some money off. the built in xp firewall offers the same level of protection. now most of us are behind hardware firewalls like roughters or other pcs making za useless. a good av with a mailware scanner is pretty much you need.

other then the failing of sony its been a pretty rock solid setup so far.