Has no one thought of this?

Options
Advice - Lost City
Advice - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
If the information on ecatomb is correct...

White Voodoo Level 10
Mana 112
Channel 1.0 seconds
Cast 1.4 seconds
Cooldown 8.0 seconds
Weapon Soulsphere

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Adept
Increase your Defense Level by 99.
Reduces your Attack Level by 66.
Lasts 60 seconds.

If you combine this skill with the cube necklace (+1 defense) you will be able to reach 100 defense level! So basically psychics will be invulnerable and be able to solo harpy wraith and basically everything b:victory
Post edited by Advice - Lost City on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    cool story bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    dude this game is broken...ancient moneys run this game -.- jokin dont ban me GM plsb:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
  • Advice - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I know rite? Psychics are has even more op potential
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yea, but that doesn't last long enough to kill harpy waith. it only lasts 1 minute. so you go kill harpy wraith in 1 minute, record it too please
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It is not possible to become invulnerable through defense. One of the base mechanics of any game includes a limit that would prevent this.

That is, unless you're a GMb:shocked
  • Advice - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yea, but that doesn't last long enough to kill harpy waith. it only lasts 1 minute. so you go kill harpy wraith in 1 minute, record it too please

What are you talking about? It has a 8 second cooldown so obviously you can cast it again before it runs out -_-
  • LillyLane - Sanctuary
    LillyLane - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Its too bad your dmg would be awful and you probably would have a hard time killing a normal mob with max voodoo.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It is not possible to become invulnerable through defense. One of the base mechanics of any game includes a limit that would prevent this.

so you're a cheater and you admit it? lol

on another note, I'd love to know how long it'd take a GM to crush harpy wraith..

do it on RT, I'll come watch :)
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Spoons! Make a video of you soloing Harpy Wraith =O
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What are you talking about? It has a 8 second cooldown so obviously you can cast it again before it runs out -_-
    in that time it's nullified, so you'd still be writing your death certificate
  • Advice - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

Ahh that sucks, I guess you are stuck at 99% reduction then? Still thats pretty good
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if it works i'll be damm, you can't hit them anymore!!! oh wait, a minute, if they can't die, they can't attack too, i forgot, hmm 66% damage reduction + enemy armour = like a fly trying to kill a gorilla b:chuckle

what you need it 100 defense lvl without the severe reduction in damage :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if it works i'll be damm, you can't hit them anymore!!! oh wait, a minute, if they can't die, they can't attack too, i forgot, hmm 66% damage reduction + enemy armour = like a fly trying to kill a gorilla b:chuckle

what you need it 100 defense lvl without the severe reduction in damage :P
    you'd be able to tank it though, I'd take that to crush a wb.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    you'd be able to tank it though, I'd take that to crush a wb.

what are you going to tank it with? your awsome damage? or tanking it by getting 100 other **** dders to help?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    what are you going to tank it with? your awsome damage? or tanking it by getting 100 other **** dders to help?
    any WB that doesn't have a AOE will focus on one person, if I had 99% defense then I'd have ALOT of damage reduced on it. so I could take ALOT of hits. What's 99% of 25000? (that's roughly what Sonic Oppressor does to my veno)
  • Mis_behavin - Dreamweaver
    Mis_behavin - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Where does it say its a % reduction? its a fixed number reduction, so if you have 800 defense it would now make it 899
  • Advice - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

**** damage > no damage at all
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Where does it say its a % reduction? its a fixed number reduction, so if you have 800 defense it would now make it 899

lolwut

For every Defense Level that you have higher that your opponent's attack level, you get ONE PERCENT LESS DAMAGE TAKEN.

...ch00b.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    1592 actually. I did that math on it.
  • Advice - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

I think you need to go ingame and hover your cursor over attack and defense lvl
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    any WB that doesn't have a AOE will focus on one person, if I had 99% defense then I'd have ALOT of damage reduced on it. so I could take ALOT of hits. What's 99% of 25000? (that's roughly what Sonic Oppressor does to my veno)
    **** damage > no damage at all

if we're still talking about harpy... he does have an aoe. and for you to be a tank (non-barb) you'll need to out dd everyone. with a 66% dmg reduction thats isn't very likely unless you got some very **** up dders. its all fun and games until you have to spent 10 hours killing a boss and it resets at 1% hp.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lolwut

For every Defense Level that you have higher that your opponent's attack level, you get ONE PERCENT LESS DAMAGE TAKEN.

...ch00b.

Like i said, where does the White voodoo skill says its 99% ? it just says it adds 99, adding 99 defense will NOT make you take 99% less damage, if thats the case, i'm rolling a Phychic right now LOL
  • Advice - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if we're still talking about harpy... he does have an aoe. and for you to be a tank (non-barb) you'll need to out dd everyone. with a 66% dmg reduction thats isn't very likely unless you got some very **** up dders. its all fun and games until you have to spent 10 hours killing a boss and it resets at 1% hp.

Well, harpy wraith was just an example of what you can do with 100% damage reduction (or so I thought). But I rather have a chance to kill harpy wraith (even though it will take forever) than no chance at all. b:surrender
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Like i said, where does the White voodoo skill says its 99% ? it just says it adds 99, adding 99 defense will NOT make you take 99% less damage, if thats the case, i'm rolling a Phychic right now LOL

It IS the case. It increases the Defense Level. The Defense Level stat on your character sheet is percent-based.

Nobody even reads any more...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Spoons! Make a video of you soloing Harpy Wraith =O

You do understand that my GM characters are level 1 right? This is what tends to happen:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9838/gmsuperpowers.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think you need to go ingame and hover your cursor over attack and defense lvl

I have no problem doing that if you'll try understand how percentages work in comparison to fixed numbers.

I just cant see a skill allowing 99% damage reduction lasting 1 min on an 8 sec cooldown !!!!
  • Advice - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You do understand that my GM characters are level 1 right? This is what tends to happen:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9838/gmsuperpowers.jpg

Lol 1 damage b:victory
    I have no problem doing that if you'll try understand how percentages work in comparison to fixed numbers.

I just cant see a skill allowing 99% damage reduction lasting 1 min on an 8 sec cooldown !!!!

Well too bad it exsists
    edited December 2009
    Options

Well get off your Level 9 alt and believe it, sistah; 'cause PWI totally brung it all up in the hizzouse.

MMMMHMMMM.

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

It's backwards, you get 66% defense level but -99% attack level at maxed. So you take 34% of all incoming damage, but only do 1% of your potential attack damage.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It IS the case. It increases the Defense Level. The Defense Level stat on your character sheet is percent-based.

Nobody even reads any more...

The skill does not lower your damage taken by 99% like you are trying to say.

Nobody comprehends anymore...