Fear of the psychics

_howler_ - Lost City
_howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Psychic
anyone else notice that wizards are posting like hell to defend their class when ppl talk about psychics? they must truely fear the class b:laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jh4aGQBUZM
Post edited by _howler_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    Wiz =/= Psychic

Wizards who fear the psychic don't know how to play their wiz imho.

Psychic doesnt do as much dmg, doesnt have dragon breath and doesnt have nukes like the 59 ones from wizzie.

Psychic has nice buffs and debuffs and has a party heal (which isnt that great).

I like to call my psy a Jackofalltrades.

While wizzie is a pure DD
  • _Juno_ - Heavens Tear
    _Juno_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sigh wth does it matter -.- you want a dd play wiz/archer you want to heal play cleric/psychic(not to say psychic will have a great heal or res but they are support) you want tank/DD play a BM or Barb. No to classes are the exact same so what ever either classes are bytchin about its not needed. wiz will probably still be as always in getting a squad as dd, how ever tt runs might change psychic can heal whole party depending on their heal they might be taken as a cleric/support. but without a res idk how that would play outb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wiz =/= Psychic

Wizards who fear the psychic don't know how to play their wiz imho.

Psychic doesnt do as much dmg, doesnt have dragon breath and doesnt have nukes like the 59 ones from wizzie.

Psychic has nice buffs and debuffs and has a party heal (which isnt that great).

I like to call my psy a Jackofalltrades.

While wizzie is a pure DD

True... but on the other hand:
    -All psychic skills have ridiculously short channeling time.
    -5 AoEs (3 non-chi AoE with 6-8s cooldown) -> psys can chain AoEs like a BM I guess.
    -Useful DoT!!!
    -Majority of the attack skills have a control effect (slow, paralyze, knockback, stun and the list goes on...)
    -Psys are not chi-dependant.
    -Good amount of debuffs and buffs.

...and I don't see any drawback yet... well...
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    True... but on the other hand:
    -All psychic skills have ridiculously short channeling time.
    -5 AoEs (3 non-chi AoE with 6-8s cooldown) -> psys can chain AoEs like a BM I guess.
    -Useful DoT!!!
    -Majority of the attack skills have a control effect (slow, paralyze, knockback, stun and the list goes on...)
    -Psys are not chi-dependant.
    -Good amount of debuffs and buffs.

...and I don't see any drawback yet... well...

low defense. Psy isnt a support class, its a DD debuff class.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lols...thats because we be wizzies.....(it isn't to defend really... it be more to...keel) b:avoid
    while barbs like teh OP can mindlessly walk into a crowd of 3+ tideborns and probably survive....(when charmed)
    wizards will be busy killing teh tideborn with our ebil ebil plans.
    b:sin
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

Like the other arcane classes...
    I don't say that psys are OP, but the mentioned things obviously give them advantages. Contol, AoEs, fast ranged magic attacks -> seems like a BM-Wizzy hybrid. Scary.
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    Mikeymike - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sigh wth does it matter -.- you want a dd play wiz/archer you want to heal play cleric/psychic(not to say psychic will have a great heal or res but they are support) you want tank/DD play a BM or Barb. No to classes are the exact same so what ever either classes are bytchin about its not needed. wiz will probably still be as always in getting a squad as dd, how ever tt runs might change psychic can heal whole party depending on their heal they might be taken as a cleric/support. but without a res idk how that would play outb:bye

you didn't mention the sins.....
    edited December 2009

no one care~ *cough*
    roll face at teh speed of drill bird and sins will magically drop out of the sky....dead
    b:chuckle
    /sarcasm
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Juno_ - Heavens Tear
    _Juno_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009

If you notice i don't think i mention VENO's either so... "ECT."* O. o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Here is Bitter Pill or DownSide you were asking for :
    1. Mana "starving" class
    2. No boost Regeneration till 44 b:shocked
    3. No 79 + 100 skills yet
    4. TT weapons hmmm what is that ? 60-90-99 wtf?
    5. Heavily mold depended in order to fill gap (weapons)
    6. Tide Form as mentioned in other posts mmmm what for? b:sweat
    7. Very narrow specialized class with very little room if any at all for "exotic builds"

b:bye
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    wnight wrote: »
    Here is Bitter Pill or DownSide you were asking for :
    1. Mana "starving" class
    I feel your pain. b:sad
    2. No boost Regeneration till 44 b:shocked
    Like most of the classes.
    3. No 79 + 100 skills yet
    Temporary problem I guess.
    4. TT weapons hmmm what is that ? 60-90-99 wtf?
    5. Heavily mold depended in order to fill gap (weapons)
    Temporary problem I guess.
    6. Tide Form as mentioned in other posts mmmm what for? b:sweat
    That's only one skill.
    7. Very narrow specialized class with very little room if any at all for "exotic builds"
    Like other classes except venos and BMs.
    edited December 2009

Like other classes except venos and BMs.

FEAR MAH HEAVY WIZARD ARMED WITH A +3 CALAMITY AXE
    b:angry
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

*runs from teh mighty hamsta, hes gonna zerkcrit me with teh mighty frostbladed calamity* b:shocked
    edited December 2009
    Teh developers seriously wanted wizards to be melee axe wielding class.
    we has a strong heal, frost blade to increase melee damage, stone barrier which gives 100% extra P def, Distance shrink to get close to our target, gush/GS/Sleep to slow/stop them them so they can't escape, Force of will to make sure they can't attack back while we cleave their heads off, and emberstorm which be like wizard Armageddon.
    b:laugh
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yes us wiz's truly fear psyc's now can 1 of u plz get to 80 pvp me get 1 shot and whine about it? >.>

not to flame but if u make a post says wiz fear psycs thats what u gonna get i like looking posts here cuz its a new class and im interested of what it can do not cuz im scared they will kill me
  • sniperad
    sniperad Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009

They have a self buff who increases their defense a lot (yes...they sacrifice attack level...but its good in emergency)
  • Astoru - Raging Tide
    Astoru - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You know, I find it pretty funny that most of these guys are placing judgement on the psychics when most of them aren't even level 50 yet.

Seen that psychic spell that reduces channeling by 80%? If that doesn't push Psychic past wizard DD wise, nothing will.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Seen that psychic spell that reduces channeling by 80%? If that doesn't push Psychic past wizard DD wise, nothing will.

That spell doesn't reduce channeling... increases it. It's a debuff.

Btw the psy channeling is already damn fast:
    0,5-0,6s basic skills
    0,8-1,5s AoEs
    1,0-1,8s ultis!!!1!!one!!
    b:surrender
  • Astoru - Raging Tide
    Astoru - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That spell doesn't reduce channeling... increases it. It's a debuff.

Btw the psy channeling is already damn fast:
    0,5-0,6s basic skills
    0,8-1,5s AoEs
    1,0-1,8s ultis!!!1!!one!!
    Wups. Guess I misread.

Still, that's a mage killer. Slow chanting even slower :P
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Still, that's a mage killer. Slow chanting even slower :P

I'm not so sure about that skill's usefulness. Wizzies will use sutra and clerics will purify it as soon as the debuff icon appears... and it's a lvl49 skill (probably it costs a lot of spirit). I think there is a plenty of more useful skills to spend on.
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    _howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    btw guys i just wanted to stir up a lil trouble for a bit. but im hopeing for the psychic class to become very viable in pvp :P ( hopefully b4 9x :<)
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As far as I see, a Psychic levels easier than a mage because of fast channeling times and survivability (with Buffs and knock-backs early on).

The way I see it, the dmg dealt by Psy may be on par with mage (dependant on builds) and the way now, mages are afraid of being replaced in future instance runs because they steal aggro easily and doesn't have useful buffs except a frostblade. b:laugh

Bottomline is a Psychic is much more useful and safer in a run than with a Mage who might steal aggro anytime (usually oracle noobs). b:victory
    edited December 2009
    Bottomline is a Psychic is much more useful and safer in a run than with a Archer who might steal aggro anytime (usually tideborn oracle noobs). b:victory

fixed.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    fixed.

I beg to differ but a mage's normal damage is higher than an Archer's Normal (non-crit dmg) and making them more dangerous should they start nuking at the start of a instance-boss.

With elemental advantage over certain bosses, the dmg could even be higher when spiked, increasing the chance of over-aggro by noob mages. b:bye
    edited December 2009
    I beg to differ but a mage's normal damage is higher than an Archer's Normal (non-crit dmg) and making them more dangerous should they start nuking at the start of a instance-boss.

With elemental advantage over certain bosses, the dmg could even be higher when spiked, increasing the chance of over-aggro by noob mages. b:bye

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=545532&highlight=wizard+archer

here you go....
    what makes wizards more wanted is that our attacks are aggro controllable.
    archer's unpredictable crits can end up drawing the boss straight to them...(that be bad...in case you were wondering)

also it isn't about...zmog me numbers be bigger~~
    it's about how fast you can shoot off the numbers and for how long.

and me wondering what kind of idiot goes off nuking bosses straight off at the start.....that be just suicidal unless you know your tank is good enough to handle it.....

although teh interesting side is....you be right when we go against mobs/bosses who be weak to our specific elements....we deal alot~~~alot alot~ (^.^)
    (also we fit in better with amp/debuffs on bosses as we can choose when to sutra/spark)

me analogy would be to your human weapons....
    archers = machine gun....(always shooting occasionally hitting the enemy square in teh eyes)
    wizard = rocket launcher (hurts like heck......when and where you want it)

yesh both be useful (^.^)
    and both hurt...alot.
    xD

now me wondering how the psychics fit in all this. (O.o) can they be a reliable DD later on? mayhaps.
    >.<'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=545532&highlight=wizard+archer

here you go....
    what makes wizards more wanted is that our attacks are aggro controllable.
    archer's unpredictable crits can end up drawing the boss straight to them...(that be bad...in case you were wondering)

also it isn't about...zmog me numbers be bigger~~
    it's about how fast you can shoot off the numbers and for how long.

and me wondering what kind of idiot goes off nuking bosses straight off at the start.....that be just suicidal unless you know your tank is good enough to handle it.....

although teh interesting side is....you be right when we go against mobs/bosses who be weak to our specific elements....we deal alot~~~alot alot~ (^.^)
    (also we fit in better with amp/debuffs on bosses as we can choose when to sutra/spark)

2. We do very large amounts of very constant damage
    Yes. Comparing an Archer lower Normal Damage, Mages do win. But when Mages Crit, it will be a sudden hard spike, therefore also translates to more Higher (note higher) dmg dealt over time, though maybe slightly lower than Archer's total damage.

3. Very low crit strike % if you wear arcane (like all wizards should)
    As I have mentioned, though low, but you may still crit a hard one anytime.

4. A wizard that knows how to play that class will be able to know when they might get agro accidentally (unlike an archer where a crit will get it like nothing)
    There are always noob mages around and sometimes, there's no warning, it just happens when you spike your damage higher than others.

5. Im tired of Archers thinking they are all that.

Both classes have high egos. Nuff' said.

@Hamsta: You have just said why mages are more dangerous than Psychics. Alot more damage = high spike damage (when crited) = over-aggro.

I'm sure you can choose when to sutra and start nuking heaven's high. But so can we and we do bring more than Damage to the table. Frostblade just isn't gonna cut it.
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you noticed, psychics have low channel times yes, but overall higher cast times compared to a wizard. That means -channeling gear can't really be used on psychics to increase dps like a mage, who has long channels but mostly 1 second casting times on their main dps skills.

Also in pvp longer cast times = more vulnerability, since cast times "root" you in place for a certain amount of time. Being able to cancel a channel and distance shrink away as a mage is a nice advantage when facing a charging BM.

Psychics will also be the MOST fragile class in pvp. Mages have Stone Barrier, Venos have higher hp per vit, clerics have heals and buffs, psychics only have lackluster soul powers...

Soul of stunning or silence sounds scary until you realize that most lvl 99 mages will blade tempest a psychic for around 5k min, and that's without amps.
  • Zeilos - Lost City
    Zeilos - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Psychic will, soul of relatiation , white voodo, all help with surviving so idk WTF ur talkin about
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    If you noticed, psychics have low channel times yes, but overall higher cast times compared to a wizard. That means -channeling gear can't really be used on psychics to increase dps like a mage, who has long channels but mostly 1 second casting times on their main dps skills.

Also in pvp longer cast times = more vulnerability, since cast times "root" you in place for a certain amount of time. Being able to cancel a channel and distance shrink away as a mage is a nice advantage when facing a charging BM.

Psychics will also be the MOST fragile class in pvp. Mages have Stone Barrier, Venos have higher hp per vit, clerics have heals and buffs, psychics only have lackluster soul powers...

Soul of stunning or silence sounds scary until you realize that most lvl 99 mages will blade tempest a psychic for around 5k min, and that's without amps.

One advice: Try White vodoo.

Remember 'Daisy and her dendelion' quest that needs you to kill Wolfkins for a heart? I tanked it and soloed it. Psychics have fast channeling spells that will kill mobs faster than a mage.

Remember all the kiting of mobs pre-30 (pre-39 for mages)? Psychics killed them within 3 shots.

Time saved from kiting = faster leveling time than a mage, post-zhenning.

Is this answer clear enough for you?
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Psychic will, soul of relatiation , white voodo, all help with surviving so idk WTF ur talkin about

Those are only useful in 1v1 duels, try going out into world pvp or a mass pk battle and seeing how much soul of retaliation will actually help there. Archers will just auto-shot once to remove the soul then use stunning arrow, mages will undine strike (does negligible earth damage) you to end the retaliation (and also opens you up for sleep + tempest).