Fear of the psychics

Comments

• Astoru - Raging Tide
    Astoru - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why do you guys seem to think that a Psychic has to be able to beat a Wizard in PvP to be able to do their job better?
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol...make me an awesome sauce face b:chuckle ...and teach me to be a troll b:cute jk

I don't make Sauce Faces anymore...

...and the ways of the troll are learned, but no taught.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sweet, you're going to try to hit me with your 3 water nukes, 2 of which are 3 second cast. While wiz will be able to choose gush-pyro 2sec spam or drop a bladetempest when they feel like ending the fight after awhile...

Also, gush-pyro-phoenix-pitfall is some of the most stable dps you will ever get from a dps class. All 4 spells cast in under 2 seconds with channel gear, and we can choose to use our sparks for sutra or sage sparking. Archers have a chance of pulling aggro if they get a long string of crits.

And mages are more versatile than you think. We make the best magic tanks. I've tanked both Linus and Brigand in FB79 at the same time, with only ironheart spam. Try that with your voodoo spell and see how well you can hold aggro from BM's, archers, etc.

Absolutely pointless.....

Let me tell you why:

1. Archer can choose when to fire
    2. Archer can cease fire anytime.
    3. Archer with a string of 3 crits will cease firing.
    4. Archers with STA has a place for Bosses.
    5. Archers have lower normal damage.

Mages compared could only do:

1. Higher normal damage
    2. Even higher criticals.
    3. No utility except being able to heal.
    4. FROSTBLADE...rotfl

As for magic tanks, with the exception of water, Earth and fire element, any robes can tank as well. Clerics could tank as well... why need a mage with nothing except nukes to bring to the table?

As for Psychic tanking, we have high aggro dots spells and fast channeling spells to add to aggro and we can give out buffs too. We won't steal aggro, unlike some mages with huge epeens, always eager to snatch aggro and watch big numbers.

Psychics are not there to overtake aggro. We do not have huge epeens like mages.

With Psychics out now, mages will probably gets picked last.

If you do not think that is the case, why are you in the psychics forums trying to prove your epeen and your worth to the community?

Clearly, you are feeling insecured...

Edit: Also for points to note, there are mages with huge epeens that are eager to snatch aggro to see if people are wide awake.

The risk of doing so, needless to say, will probably get someone or the whole squad wiped. Doing this not only reflects badly on themselves and probably will not be asked for subsequent trips.

To be fair, not every mage does this, but their behaviour also reflects badly on the mage community.
    edited December 2009

Let me tell you why:

1. Higher normal damage
    4. FROSTBLADE...rotfl

As for magic tanks, with the exception of water, Earth and fire element, any robes can tank as well. Clerics could tank as well... why need a mage with nothing except nukes to bring to the table?

As for Psychic tanking, we have high aggro dots spells and fast channeling spells to add to aggro and we can give out buffs too. We won't steal aggro, unlike some mages with huge epeens, always eager to snatch aggro and watch big numbers.

Psychics are not there to overtake aggro. We do not have huge epeens like mages.

If you do not think that is the case, why are you in the psychics forums trying to prove your epeen and your worth to the community?

Personally, I'm usually picked first when it comes to a DD-class, 'cause I've learned to play my class properly. Ponza...not sure 'bout him. But as long as you know how to play your class, you don't gotta worry about bein' shut out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    _howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Let me tell you why:

1. Higher normal damage
    4. FROSTBLADE...rotfl

Edit: Also for points to note, there are mages with huge epeens that are eager to snatch aggro to see if people are wide awake.

The risk of doing so, needless to say, will probably get someone or the whole squad wiped. Doing this not only reflects badly on themselves and probably will not be asked for subsequent trips.

To be fair, not every mage does this, but their behaviour also reflects badly on the mage community.

the point of my thread :P

Successfull thread is successfulb:laugh
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    the point of my thread :P
    Successfull thread is successfulb:laugh

Hey, why did you not say it out plainly in the first place? b:laugh

Anyway, I was trying to be nice and not to hurt their epeen.... b:chuckle
    edited December 2009

*blink* Aww...

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _howler_ - Lost City
    edited December 2009

well we wouldn't have this thread to prove my point, then what would we do?
    edited December 2009
    well we wouldn't have this thread to prove my point, then what would we do?

Live the life of Riley?

b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _howler_ - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    that'll do troll.............. that'll do
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Live the life of Riley?

b:question
    that'll do troll.............. that'll do

Howler, he is here to 'cooperate' with psychics....
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    well dammit meditating on my sin takes a bit so i gotta do somthing to pass the time XD
  • kknboy
    kknboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    One thing about psychics compared to wizards is that they do not have distance shrink or force of will. I think that wizards can kite better... psychics in pvp are probably gonna get run over by close range melee's cause other than that stun shield (which has 30sec cooldown) they have no way of escaping. Oh and about white vodoo (assuming the description is correct)... does 100 increase in def level equate to 100% increase in pdef from stone barrier?
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    melees are gonna tremble once we get pychic will :P, also soul of silence + aqua canon
  • kknboy
    kknboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oh darn i forgot about psychic will... xD
    edited December 2009
    melees are gonna tremble once we get pychic will :P, also soul of silence + aqua canon

Force of Will + Black Voodoo on Psychic + Undine Strike + Black Voodoo on Wizard + Sleep + Blade Tempest (or BIDS, depending on class of opponent) + Aqua Cannon (or whatever is a high level water/earth Psychic attack) = RAEPFACE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Force of Will + Black Voodoo on Psychic + Undine Strike + Black Voodoo on Wizard + Sleep + Blade Tempest (or BIDS, depending on class of opponent) + Aqua Cannon (or whatever is a high level water/earth Psychic attack) = RAEPFACE.

Please include tide spirit and soul burn.

kkthxbaib:bye
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Let me tell you why:

1. Higher normal damage
    4. FROSTBLADE...rotfl

Mages can do the same thing...if we critical...we just stop casting, sit and regen mana while barb gets a little more aggro...

Also, people I know who run with me understand the value of damage in pve runs. They can take me and finish a froscovered city run in about 1 hour, or they can take a random pug and take 2+ hours to finish and also risk deaths and more miji usage.

Our value isn't in just damage or big numbers. It's in the variety of ways we can deal that damage. We have static AOE's for prolonged zhenning, fast cast nukes for dps, slow-casting spells for sutra-bursts, different elements to take advantage of elemental weaknesses, you name a situation where some odd sort of dps is needed, mages can probably do it.

I don't steal aggro unless I know I can take it. That's the benefit of a mage. What happens when a cleric accidently aggros 4 melee mobs at once? The archer can't do anything. I can either sutra + heal, or run up and phoenix and I will instantly gain all aggro. I think psychics will have value in this regard as well, since they seem to be able to do spot AOE better than mages. But their heal is bulky and awkward to use on others, wheras mages can sutra-heal for some of the best healing in game.

(although nothing compares to IH spam ofc).
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Poza......... u lost.... pls GTFO of my thread >_>

(wiz forums is that way
    >)
  • Ponza - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Poza......... u lost.... pls GTFO of my thread >_>

(wiz forums is that way
    >)

You can't troll a troll. All trolls are immune to other troll's attempts at trolling. Since you tried to troll a troll, you must be new to trolling. Now gtfo of my troll thread. There's only space for one troll in this thread, and that's me b:angry

And I am just defending my mage class from the constant assaults of these psychics who are trying to say that mages are obsolete now when they haven't even reached past lvl 60 on their psychics ><
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Mages can do the same thing...if we critical...we just stop casting, sit and regen mana while barb gets a little more aggro...

Also, people I know who run with me understand the value of damage in pve runs. They can take me and finish a froscovered city run in about 1 hour, or they can take a random pug and take 2+ hours to finish and also risk deaths and more miji usage.

Our value isn't in just damage or big numbers. It's in the variety of ways we can deal that damage. We have static AOE's for prolonged zhenning, fast cast nukes for dps, slow-casting spells for sutra-bursts, different elements to take advantage of elemental weaknesses, you name a situation where some odd sort of dps is needed, mages can probably do it.

I don't steal aggro unless I know I can take it. That's the benefit of a mage. What happens when a cleric accidently aggros 4 melee mobs at once? The archer can't do anything. I can either sutra + heal, or run up and phoenix and I will instantly gain all aggro. I think psychics will have value in this regard as well, since they seem to be able to do spot AOE better than mages. But their heal is bulky and awkward to use on others, wheras mages can sutra-heal for some of the best healing in game.

(although nothing compares to IH spam ofc).

The text highlighted in RED:

Nukes, you have said it... Nukes. Higher damage and higher criticals. That itself is always dangerous as Mages always have higher damage than archers due to the fact that they NEVER Misses. Magic do not miss.

The text in BLUE:

Archers can tank to a certain degree, than a mage. To grab aggro, shell up and start STA. Mobs will be surrounding the cleric. A good Cleric never runs. STA will hit 4 mobs at one volley and you grab all the aggro.

Sutra + heal...no doubt it's uses. But Psychics can AOE heal too. Run near the cleric, cast white voodoo and AOE Heal. It's workable too.

What you can do, Psychics do it safer. Every problem can be circumvented if you put a little creativity into it. I learnt it while playing mage.... how about you?
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    You can't troll a troll. All trolls are immune to other troll's attempts at trolling. Since you tried to troll a troll, you must be new to trolling. Now gtfo of my troll thread. There's only space for one troll in this thread, and that's me

And I am just defending my mage class from the constant assaults of these psychics who are trying to say that mages are obsolete now when they haven't even reached past lvl 60 on their psychics ><

Relax... we are already having an easier time lvling than a mage does. It's only time when we will get to 60.

And we do not have a complete set of skills yet... why hurry?

Eager to see how psychics will fail and how your epeen will be reassured or even bolstered when we fail?

Stop being insecured. If you need to prove your Class worth by trolling, then truly, you are an epicz failurez...b:laughb:victoryb:thanksb:bye <--- KkThxBai
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archers can tank to a certain degree, than a mage. To grab aggro, shell up and start STA. Mobs will be surrounding the cleric. A good Cleric never runs. STA will hit 4 mobs at one volley and you grab all the aggro.
    It's either put blue bubble up or kill the mobs. But if we can't handle the mobs ourselves, we don't run but we let the person who's stupid enough to take more than what they can handle die.

Our Lives > Theirs

We can revive them later but they cannot revive us.

On Topic: Both Wizard and Psychics are balanced in their own way. Wizards have elemental shields (physical + earth resist, water resist, fire resist) for tanking and psychics have white voodoo. Wizards are made to DD, period.

Psychic is a jack of all trades class...master of none. The end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Ponza - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    The text highlighted in RED:

The text in BLUE:

Sutra + heal...no doubt it's uses. But Psychics can AOE heal too. Run near the cleric, cast white voodoo and AOE Heal. It's workable too.

What you can do, Psychics do it safer. Every problem can be circumvented if you put a little creativity into it. I learnt it while playing mage.... how about you?

Psychics also do it slower. The cleric accidently aggros 4 melee mobs onto him. You're going to run into 5m range and cast a 4 sec heal to save his life? He'll be dead by then. Same with archer. Shell takes 2-3 seconds to cast and costs chi. Their aoe thunderous blast is a 2.5 second channel.

I wasn't talking about tanking bosses in that instance. I was talking about saving the cleric, taking one for the team. In many cases the barb may not notice when the cleric grabs aggro, since the barb is way out in front.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    we could use our sutra then aqua cannon or another one of our aoes
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Psychics also do it slower. The cleric accidently aggros 4 melee mobs onto him. You're going to run into 5m range and cast a 4 sec heal to save his life? He'll be dead by then. Same with archer. Shell takes 2-3 seconds to cast and costs chi. Their aoe thunderous blast is a 2.5 second channel.

I wasn't talking about tanking bosses in that instance. I was talking about saving the cleric, taking one for the team. In many cases the barb may not notice when the cleric grabs aggro, since the barb is way out in front.

I have quoted the heal coz it will heal both of cleric and myself. Or, i can always cast aqua canon. Is 1.5 secs faster than your aoes? Inc ase you do not know, it's AOE skill that we get at lvl 29.

Archer shell takes 0.5 secs to channel shell and STA takes 2.0 secs, total is 3.0 secs to grab aggro at worst.

We just replace mages. kkthxbai
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I wouldnt go as far as to say we replace mages, but we definetely do go well together with them
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    I wouldnt go as far as to say we replace mages, but we definetely do go well together with them

Judging the size of their egos... I rather not. Either they are suicide prone or overtook aggro from tanks. I will pick an archer any day over mages. Since we already filled up the need for element damage, physical from archers will be nice.

Not to forget, low level mages are usually too squishy.

Perhaps, you will enlighten me on how 'well' would be do if we paired up with them in a squad? Mages do not have any buffs that will benefit us. Both classes do elemental damage so I really do not understand your statement.
  • Ponza - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I have quoted the heal coz it will heal both of cleric and myself. Or, i can always cast aqua canon. Is 1.5 secs faster than your aoes? Inc ase you do not know, it's AOE skill that we get at lvl 29.

Archer shell takes 0.5 secs to channel shell and STA takes 2.0 secs, total is 3.0 secs to grab aggro at worst.

We just replace mages. kkthxbai

Honestly, If I were doing a TT run or some other boss run, I'd just invite a herc veno, a cleric, an archer, and maybe a BM depending on what we're doing. Any more dps I would invite an additonal non-herc veno. So who really cares if you replace mages in pve? We are still near the top in pvp.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    wtf? i hear all this yada yada stuff about psys and wizards but ppl still FAILED to compare how freakin awesome/beautiful/nice/purty the psy skills look compared to wizards ugly skillsb:shocked noobs

and what is this about some **** who keeps saying "if we crit" "if a wizard crits" "when a wizard crits" "wizards critting"? dont u full mag arcane wizards have like 1% crit at any given time and lvl?b:surrender