The thought of nerfing

Options

Comments

• Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ...or Psychic/Cleric, I guess...but yeah, Psychic + Wizard = More OP than Nix Flesh Ream = ಥ_ಥ

why not take it a bit further here...

mastery + attack level + attack buff (59) + SG 70% (+ 150% if demon b:dirty) + US -60% EA & WT def = ಥ_ಥ^x | x → ∞

Oh and yes, Soul of Mirror aka Soul of Vengeance generates 8% RAW damage of your psychics soulforce, and costs the target 0.8% soulforce in mana. In pvp the damage suffers the standard dmg reduction, but for the cost i "looks" like same (10 mana, while by the stat it should be 12, though could be tied to the natural MP recovery)

My stats as of 22
    Soulforce: 1584
    Soul of Mirror: 126 RAW
    Soul of Mirror tested with an 87 BM agains a lvl15 mob (was the nearest one b:surrender) 116 DMG
    Mana cost for Soul of Mirror for BM: 12 MP per hit
    Duel against an 87 archer without weapon (again b:surrender)
    Damage dealt to archer: 7 DMG (b:shocked)
    Mana drained from me: 10 MP per hit

So in the end, dmg gets reduced, but the cost does not, I hope this helped...
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    why not take it a bit further here...

mastery + attack level + attack buff (59) + SG 70% (+ 150% if demon b:dirty) + US -60% EA & WT def = ಥ_ಥ^x | x → ∞

Oh and yes, Soul of Mirror aka Soul of Vengeance generates 8% RAW damage of your psychics soulforce, and costs the target 0.8% soulforce in mana. In pvp the damage suffers the standard dmg reduction, but for the cost i "looks" like same (10 mana, while by the stat it should be 12, though could be tied to the natural MP recovery)

My stats as of 22
    Soulforce: 1584
    Soul of Mirror: 126 RAW
    Soul of Mirror tested with an 87 BM agains a lvl15 mob (was the nearest one b:surrender) 116 DMG
    Mana cost for Soul of Mirror for BM: 12 MP per hit
    Duel against an 87 archer without weapon (again b:surrender)
    Damage dealt to archer: 7 DMG (b:shocked)
    Mana drained from me: 10 MP per hit

So in the end, dmg gets reduced, but the cost does not, I hope this helped...

Love how you put some Calculus limits in there.

Also, thanks for the info on the Soul of Vengance. It has helped. Also, when you get to level 49, could you try and post some info on the Soulburn skill? I really want to know if it does full Soulforce damage, or is it reduced in PvP.

Thankies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Will do, but if someone else happens to reach that level before me, and is willing to provide us the data, I'd be glad to see it, or even assist in obtaining the needed information. Thankies as well b:thanks

EDIT: also have a side project of testing out a LA build for psychic, I think it will be much fun with the defense skills put in there...
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Definitely. If it turns out the Psychic's Soulburn does do full Soulforce damage (with or without the PvP reduction), we might just have a broken skill on our hands...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Zaei - Dreamweaver
    Zaei - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can see it now, throw soulburn on a boss and white voodoo on yourself, and watch the boss kill itself. Priceless.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    but again, at lvl10 it lasts only 8 second (waiting for sage / demon option), and considering the average attack rate of mobs/bosses; I (personally) doubt they will be able to attack every second, and we must take into account the actual defense and damage reduction into account (like the [?] bosses for example).

Though there is one scenario in PVP where this skill could be an overkill; what would happen it it gets off on an Axe BM, in the middle of the dragon b:shocked (multiple attacks, multiple damage taken b:shocked ? )
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rrev wrote: »
    From what I've seen, mages do more damage than us. Only reason we do more is cause of that voodoo skill, but that makes us too squishy - I don't even bother to use mine.

And you didn't hear me, with the - attack as soon as we are healed once, we lose agro. We have no agro skills. So let us tank for a whole.... 2 seconds ^-^

*EDIT*
    Defense buff goes up by 3.3% per skill level, so it'll only be about 60-70% at max level while our attack will be at -99%. Not enough for tanking considering our "no" hp *635 at level 21 and that's with my oops vit put at level 2*

Aura of the golden bell, Vanguard Spirit, Spirits gift, Magic Shell.
    More Damage
    2 Phys Def buffs
    1 Mag def buff.
    All you need is 2 classes in your squad for that and you wont need much vit.
    And with high levels when refining+shards becomes a big thing you can get loads of HP from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Zaei - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm well aware we could survive, but we still couldn't hold agro. The -99% attack is a lot. 1% of my damage at 24 is about 10 damage. Based on what my BM does at his 35, that would be about 20-30 damage. Hold agro with that. Surviving, no problem. Tanking, not gonna happen.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I dont think there will be a total -99 reduction; as Korren already said, even with def level 100, you will only have a 54% damage reduction or so from stats (it is in the long thread, too tired to look it up), therefore I think there will be a hidden cap on actual positive and negative att/def levels...
  • Zaei - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    There has to be. The buff gets -99% attack based on it's rate of going up. That means if anyone has a single def level, you are doing no damage to them. (% reduction = defense - attack %)

Means with defense in place, no damage whatsoever =/.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    There has to be. The buff gets -99% attack based on it's rate of going up. That means if anyone has a single def level, you are doing no damage to them. (% reduction = defense - attack %)

Means with defense in place, no damage whatsoever =/.
    The only thing I could think of is, soul mirror and bramble. If you went up against a high attack boss and let the psychic tank it for a little bit the soul mirror and bramble stacking would build up some
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • godprince
    godprince Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    in my personal opinion they r not OP, they just have a good variety of skills. The Def+ and attk lvl- is most likely if u r going to tank or heal, the attk+ def- is likely if u r gonna work as a DD, just like wizards, strike hard, but dont get stroke lol.

Soul of Vengeance and all the soul buffs/debuffs really shine at higher levels where ur soulpower goes up. But mainly the last soul of Retaliation buff is the best one: return dmg (both elemental and physical dmg), reduce dmg and reflect any debuff. well actually the stunning one is good too. Soulburn is the earth skill that says each time the target attacks it gets the dmg= to ur soulforce, still wonder how it may work in pve/pvp.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The atk/def skills arent as OP as some ppl think. At level 2 +atk buff damage only went up from 800's to 1k's at 20. Wizards already did 900-1k at lvl 20...

As far as the defense, well it speaks for its self.
  • godprince
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The atk/def skills arent as OP as some ppl think. At level 2 +atk buff damage only went up from 800's to 1k's at 20. Wizards already did 900-1k at lvl 20...

As far as the defense, well it speaks for its self.

i agree with u that the atk/def skills are not that OP, but at lvl2 atk buff only increases around 14.5, thats like when u get into an fb u get a charm that increases atk and def lvl 10+, compare to that, when it increases, it will become more devastating. and well u cant compare a wizard which is fully DD with this class, though even at lvl20 i did to lvl21 mobs from 950-1000 dmg, and i went LA physic. The advantage here is that they cast really fast all their skills. The def+ buff... well yea, prolly for rolling as a tanker or getting outta trouble.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    what? At level 20 i was doing 900s and with black voodoo i was doing 1.2k. Currently, im doing 1.3 and with voodoo 1.6, dont forget, you get your atk level and turn it into a %. That % is how much of your attack is added onto your damage. So the more damage you do, the more black voodoo helps you. Same with def level and your defenses
  • Devilblooded - Heavens Tear
    Devilblooded - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    those saying wizard = better DD, yet i can say my psychic is a lot more powerfull then a wizard, 2 starter skill are uber fast chan and cast ( 2 sec in total like gush) then we get a push back that interupt and hit hard as well and a 2 sec chan/cast combined, so 3 skill as fast as gush, and an attack buff yea make u squishy, but mob never manage to get to u. i was grinding with an archer, the archer could only hit 1 time before i was killing mob so yea i think psychic will be better DD then wizz, about that white voodoo i see it more like a skill u use while roaming around pk on and passing near aggro mob or omg squad is dead, RUNNN !

and skill need to be updated, many skill description might be wrong like soul of vangeance: when u lvl it, only range and mana increase, or the water attack say 30% chance of slow but slow 70% of the time, no lvl 79/100 skill out yet and soul of stun get same problem as soul of vengeance. i hope GM will notice that theres an error on those skill, u cant lvl up a skill just to make it cost more mp its ridiculous.

edit : i forgot, psy get a sutra at lvl 59 Too and it increase attack!
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No no no no. We get a 99% damage decrease and a 66% decrease in teh damage we take with maxed VooDoo. So spam your skills for a grand total of nothing ^-^. I agree that a 66% decrease in damage wouldn't be too bad, but the 99%, yeah it hurts. *voodoo is 33% + 3.3%*skill level + def and 49% + 5%*skill level -attack. so max is 66% and 99%.*

I'm trying to go through these fairy skills and see if anything would help.

(Tis rrev by the way, stupid post reset when changing avi's -.-)

Note: for lack of stupid, don't level white voodoo beyond 1.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    _howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Note: for lack of stupid, don't level white voodoo beyond 1.

why not? elaborate
  • Amrael - Dreamweaver
    Amrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    why not? elaborate

Cause they only speak about what they have "read" about the class.

Soul of mirror for example is castable on others => with the addition of a veno bramble, your tank can have this way a double reflect ( as bramble, only for melee strikes )

Black and White Voodoo .
    Damn i'm happy to not have followed all the s**t i read here when first starting to wonder how the whole thing work and tested it myself.
    Just hover on your character sheet about ATK lvl bonuses and Def level bonuses, those have nothing to do with your raw defense and atk power; they work in addition to those.

you won't end doing 99% less damage with White on.Even maxed.
    As you aren't one shotted when Black voodoo is running.

Due to that i partly regret to have focused myself on arcane build, i should have tried the LA one. would probably have been easier to level since i'm fairly new to PWI ( got a 63 LA veno on My-En a long time ago, but play casual on PWI servers).

In party , i can clearly see the psy as a good support ; the 24 HoT is here to ease the work of the cleric who only have to focus on the tank/ others melees(assa/BM ) this way, with us HoTing the ranged if they happen to be hit.
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you know what you're doing, any class is OP. The majority of the QQers are oracle kiddies that don't know a thing about their class and are constantly slaughtered by people who know how to play. They'd rather get everyone else nerfed so that they don't have to try.
  • FissureX - Lost City
    FissureX - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you know what you're doing, any class is OP. The majority of the QQers are oracle kiddies that don't know a thing about their class and are constantly slaughtered by people who know how to play. They'd rather get everyone else nerfed so that they don't have to try.

lol u mad its k
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol u mad its k

I'm not mad, I'm stating a fact.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Cause they only speak about what they have "read" about the class.

Soul of mirror for example is castable on others => with the addition of a veno bramble, your tank can have this way a double reflect ( as bramble, only for melee strikes )

Black and White Voodoo .
    Damn i'm happy to not have followed all the s**t i read here when first starting to wonder how the whole thing work and tested it myself.
    Just hover on your character sheet about ATK lvl bonuses and Def level bonuses, those have nothing to do with your raw defense and atk power; they work in addition to those.

you won't end doing 99% less damage with White on.Even maxed.
    As you aren't one shotted when Black voodoo is running.

Due to that i partly regret to have focused myself on arcane build, i should have tried the LA one. would probably have been easier to level since i'm fairly new to PWI ( got a 63 LA veno on My-En a long time ago, but play casual on PWI servers).

In party , i can clearly see the psy as a good support ; the 24 HoT is here to ease the work of the cleric who only have to focus on the tank/ others melees(assa/BM ) this way, with us HoTing the ranged if they happen to be hit.

I have to agree with you about the LA build and Voodoo'ing; planned on myself to try out the LA build, but not now when I finally managed to get out of that hell island <.< But to be honest here, LA has no real use in PvE (as the already high damage output kills the mobs before they reach you, or at least in the low levels), unless we go with the high'ish instances with massive phys AoE, but for PvP (in theory, mind you) it looks like a godgiven survivability with DEF Voodoo on.

As for the HoT, its use is actually much much limited than one whould have expected it; you affect only the players 2.5 meters away from you, and the HoT has a 30 sec CD, which ends as a good last resort and you have to cuddle with the psych in order to get the heal b:cute

Ah and not to forget, Soul of Mirror (or Vengeance) has its limits, and depends solely on the psychs soulforce, unlike venos bramble where it returns the %damage dealt (to visualize it a bit, a low psych, with about 1k soulforce, could buff a high tank and SoM/SoW would return about 80 dmg or less, but on the other hand, a high psych with over 10k soulforce, could cause the tank to reflect about 800 dmg, and that works even on the beetles and flowers in starter villages b:shocked). Therefore SoM/SoV isn't a "reflect" by itself, but rather a buff that triggers damage when "you" get hit. Also, it doesn't work on every circumstance, like DoTs for example, they don't trigger a SoM at all (bleed/poison/fire from mobs)....

Again, a wall of demagogy b:surrender
  • skradz
    skradz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i still think theres a lot of work to do on psychic skill. too many false description and non sence thing and missing skill, but so far they are extremely good glass cannon!
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i finally found a class i like and now everyone wants to nerf it b:angry and psychics are not that squishy. i play a psychic and do good damage without being squishy. but if i get nerfed i will pk the noobs that wanted psychics to be nerfed b:angry
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No need to nerf, revenge line buffs need improving, some form of revenge mastery, and 79 demon/sage skills need adding (hopefully a sustained aoe like dragons breath).

As far as the damage vs wizard, you have to make yourself squishier to do more damage than wizard, otherwise it's just a little under (aoes start higher and end lower than wizard ones) so it kinda balances out.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

• Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    Options
    3 things I like to say:

1. Dmg is lower than wizard but we attack a bit faster I noticed.
    2. The defense buff will be awesome in pvp.

--> Oops i'm getting killed "casts white voodoo" "heals" and by the time it runs out ur back in action :p

3. I hope the first 2 skills (which are powerfull) will be powerfull later on and not useless (in a way) like the wizard starter skills.
  • godprince
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yea i think psychic+wiz is a destructive combo, but so its a bunch of assassins ganking with a stealth mastery so that others even 15 lvls higher cant see them. i myself have defeated 7 lvl higher clerics, wizards, and psychics with my sin lvl27. stealth is awesome when u use it, on the other hand i hate it when i play on my psychic, cause even though i get to kill some sins, they tear my hp down, and thats cause i went LA. on the other hand i can easely take out higher lvl barbs and bms and even archers on my psychic so far. and about soulburn skill, a lvl85+ with over 8k soulforce, in pvp we all know the attk works at the 25% of its normal value, meaning it will deal 2k, a cleric can purify, an assassin can use shadow escape to become invisible and dispel debuffs, so far any other class those 8 sec (when skill is maxed) the opponent wont like to attk lol.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Definitely. If it turns out the Psychic's Soulburn does do full Soulforce damage (with or without the PvP reduction), we might just have a broken skill on our hands...

It has pvp reduction...
    I can see it now, throw soulburn on a boss and white voodoo on yourself, and watch the boss kill itself. Priceless.

White voodoo affects duration skills even after casting them from about 10 tests. Unless those 10 mobs all did something to boost their defense.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

• Chic_Sigh - Heavens Tear
    Chic_Sigh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rrev wrote: »
    Yeah, let's tank with that def level 99 and attack -100. They can't hold agro worth **** with that in place. With the attack buff in place, if we get hit by anything we die. No questions asked. (squishy squishy).

I don't see why you see us as OP. Our spells do less damage than a mage, and our heals are worse than a clerics. If psy's are nerfed, they won't be worth playing =/.

^this^

if they are, I'll just stop playing mine. Only at 26, I can foresee the major expenses coming my way if I keep playing it and I don't mind so far as it stays the way it is. If it's nerfed, the cost won't be worth it.