The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• matthias1132
    matthias1132 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ummm Has anyone noticed that chat boxes now have to b clicked on everytime u want to type? Before i could click, then type for as long as i wanted until i clicked somewhere outside the box. Now, i have to click every time i press Ctrl + enter, i have to click the box again. Anyone else have this problem, please tell me if this is a bug or if that is the way it is from now on. (if this isnt a bug i will b very irratated b:angry)
  • Duhtastic - Lost City
    Duhtastic - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When trying to create a Tideborn character I am unable to see them. I've already checked my computer and the graphics are the required for my system so I don't think that's the problem.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2qvs3ed.jpg
    Duhtastic - Lost City - Lvl 22 Cleric
    Spazztacular - Lost City - Lvl ??? Assassin
  • AoiSumai - Sanctuary
    AoiSumai - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When I alt-tab out and in of PW, or change the resolution in the game, the game client doesn't recapture the mouse; so every time I click, the comp thinks I'm clicking on the desktop and minimizes the game client. The cursor also looks like the regular windows cursor, rather than the PW cursor.
    Running dual monitor (game client on monitor 1), 1280x1024 & 1024 x 768, on an ATI Radeon X1650 PCI Express video card. Windows XP, game version 233.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Glitch list i've noticed so far:

• Watcher (genie vendor) does not have his light beam and aurora. had a hard time finding him.
    • Halloween boxes STILL wont open!!!!
    • cant change Tideborn skin colours for the entire body.
    • while customising, came across this glitch that happens with only female assissins, and only with one particular preset. it was preset #8. it was the only one that the window on the left showed my own presets from other characters i had made. i'd click on one of them to have this effect. here are screenshots of it. and no, i didnt **** anything, photoshop this other than to put it in Jpeg format. and no, im not trying to shock anyone, or make a joke....this really is what i saw. and at 4 in the morning, it was not something i cared to see...
    • an opaque smear of colour covers my character whenever she meditates. this is the same effect that i have seen on the tails of the lobster mounts ever since they came out.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2nvxbp2.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ninwq8.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/30mx3r6.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    when i try to meditate all i see is a giant black blob thats supposed to be the meditating thing around my character, i donno if its a bug or if its something you can fix in-game....any help?b:surrender i also saw this stuff on the lobster mounts....
  • eugenevt
    eugenevt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hello, with this new expansion nose grease of any male character not drawn properly anymore on the avatar nether on character creation screen nor in the game. It still shown only on the character portrait.
  • keiichiishirai
    keiichiishirai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    idk if this a bug per say but wen in creation mode none of the female characters have a make up option. i cant add anything at all. like lip color or eye shadow, also ther is no color adjust for the eyebrows either. and this one i know isnt a bug i think, i just wanted it heard but we need different hair styles majorly lol ones that dont have ornaments all over it, i prefer normal hair thats kinda long like the male tideborn hairs...and everyone knows bout the pale face glitch wich i hope will be fixed. also i dont kno if this was said or not but whenever i log on all my quests are tracked.
  • Salvia - Heavens Tear
    Salvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ever since the update when I'm running around on my mount it vanishes every once in a while. Mainly when I jump or am in a crowded area. Not sure if it's just me or other people have noticed this issue as well.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=968287001[/SIGPIC]
    ________Evil is calling her name. . .and she is answering________
    _____________________"Take me away."____________________
  • Darsie_g - Sanctuary
    Darsie_g - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have 2 things,

1. I went to every Jolly on Sanctuary and none of them had the quest to open. I had the packs in my inventory.

2. My alt who is a BM woke up yesterday with a beanie on his head b:cry I had him made up like Santa for the holidays using the Jolly preset. So I bought a makeover scroll and fixed him up he looked great in the makeover room, then when he came out he had a full white beard still but black hair. So I went back in with another makeover scroll, now 4 gold for a messup that wasn't my fault. He is now correct but stilll.... Also happened to a friend of mine. He doesn't have the gold to change his so he is very unhappy.

Please help b:laugh

And great job on the tideborn, they are great!
  • Vanillablade - Sanctuary
    Vanillablade - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A small buyt anoying bug ::
    When i turned the music off as i listen to metallica when i play you can still hear the walking and it is ssoooooo loud :(
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Also: The keywrap thing. I liked the old setup where it was tab to cycle through skill shortcuts, so I tried to change the new key settings back to that normal thing. I set Tab for shortcut rotate, and V for auto-targeting closest monsters. However, whenever I log back into my character, the keybindings are back to preset -- even though I changed them last time I was logged in. So... fix so custom changes with keywrap/keybindings stick please?
    I'd also appreciate it if customized key-bindings were persistent over game sessions (local INI file?).

If that can't be done then perhaps set the defaults for Tab on "Shortcut Bar B" and V on "Auto-Select Monster" since Tab was previously in use before the expansion and changing its default usage is an upset to conditioned users.
  • MiiddieChan - Dreamweaver
    MiiddieChan - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Since you gave us the new update loeads of things have gone wrong.
    The most known one is the hair change. (Which never happened to my one and only character)
    And since you posted the update I die without reason, when I log in quite often I find my character dead yet when I left her she was fine and not nea baddies. It happens in the villages sometimes!

If I find anymore I will post them for you...
  • Valletta - Dreamweaver
    Valletta - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    http://i49.tinypic.com/ivaji8.jpg
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2j0merk.jpg

This needs to be fixed ASAP as I cannot visit Lost anymore until this is fixed. I am ALERGIC to stuff like this and it makes me feel extremley strange when I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Red can be good, Blue can be bad. Never be confused by the two colours of rivalry" - General Summer.

"When I look out to see the movements of the wraiths, I usually see something... Something that is attacking the invaders... I think some wraiths are on our side as well... I shall call them, the rebel wraith." - Wraithhunter Hu.
  • Serquijin - Heavens Tear
    Serquijin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    While circling, in an anti-clockwise direction, the Island of Broken Dreams, right on the edge of the water, swimming and running/jumping, I hit a point, 639, 265 at elevation 21 where my character got stuck. The being stuck was complete, being able to do nothing more than run on the spot facing any direction and not able to leap either. Lucky we have the town portal escape option! b:pleased

Not yet been back to the location to see if the getting stuck can be repeated.
  • Arcarkov - Heavens Tear
    Arcarkov - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hello i had few problems with the coming in age quest yesterday. i missed the real quest and i tried to do it again and nothing happened, i took the quest over again ando the when the time passed, it doesn't give me any reward. may you help me?

Terrodar
  • innnuendo
    innnuendo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    as i somehow cant get to a GM ingame im gona post here what happened:
    i finished my fb19 with my cleric char; then get the trial wand as reward from elder;
    next i fly to archosaur to finish my spiritual cultivation quest by talking to general summer: having talked to him my trial wand disappeares! O.o
    i get the message 1*** Trial Wand got removed
    been playing cleric before and this is the first time this happened to me x.x
    plz tell me if thats a bug/what i can do about it :( that trial wand is something id till lvl ~30 :/
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    Paer - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Tide Born Pyschics can't change their eye sets.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    innnuendo wrote: »
    as i somehow cant get to a GM ingame im gona post here what happened:
    i finished my fb19 with my cleric char; then get the trial wand as reward from elder;
    next i fly to archosaur to finish my spiritual cultivation quest by talking to general summer: having talked to him my trial wand disappeares! O.o
    i get the message 1*** Trial Wand got removed
    been playing cleric before and this is the first time this happened to me x.x
    plz tell me if thats a bug/what i can do about it :( that trial wand is something id till lvl ~30 :/

Just commenting on this...there seems to be a new quest that involved turning in your trial weapon for a mini-charm at General Summer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hi! I didn't read all the previous pages, so I may be restating some that have already been mentioned. But, I still would like to help out, as I have run into many bugs/glitches/problems.

-Here's a bug. After hitting confirm in the trade window, it doesn't allow coins to be added into the trade anymore. A message saying something like "This amount of coins can't be traded" pops up. The trade can not be completed from this point and one must cancel the trade and start a new trading session to fix this.

-The TB lv 30 freebie wings have strange straight lines outlining the edges if you look at them from the right angle/location. I don't think this was intentional.

-Quest - Weapon Token II - There is a misspelling in the quest description. It says "ercule Trioc". His name is Hercule Trioc.

-There has been lots of confusion about "Mountain of Despair" and "Wave Breaker Cliffs". The translations were incorrect and the names on the map of these locations do not match with the names in the quest descriptions. Because of this, I have seen many players lost and confused and asking for help.

-I'm sure you already know about the blackscreen flashing problem at the very beginning of the TB starting area. One thing people who suffer from this problem have in common is that it seems like they all are using laptops.

-At the assassin character creation screen, the class description spells it "Assassi" - missing the "n". Also, the description is too long and doesn't fit the text box. The description ends with "Assassin's make" and there is nothing after that. This definitely wasn't intentional.

-Shadow Escape is supposed to dispell all negative ailments, but when I used it while poisoned, I stayed poisoned.

-There's some random Chinese characters floating around here and there.

-On the expansion launch night, I noticed that one of my assassin's skill descriptions had a typo in it. Not sure if this has been changed.

@?

Hope this helps you guys. I'm just trying to help make the game better.
  • denjosh
    denjosh Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hello

im stuck in the game and i try the teleport but it doesnt work

im at co (652;281) it fort countertide what must i do
  • rehdonn
    rehdonn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, but does the Marriage Quest Bugged goes here when the NPC Cho Wenchun (587, 620) does not appear for the Once and Again Marriage Quest?

I would like to know this too. Only the bugged quest is the one with Tessa and Leon: after killing the mini-boss my in-game wife talked to Leon and got the experience, I tried to do the same but the Leon NPC vanished and I got no exp.

Should I report this through a ticket? or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Rehdon
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pretty sure this falls under a glitch...

Launched a New Year's Firework, looked up... and saw squares instead of Happy New Years or whatever its supposed to say. Not a major glitch (as I normally sell the fireworks I get from snowmen drops) but something you should probably know about anyway....
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ever since the rising tide updates were put in the game every time i alt tab the game and try to come back it crashes, and after the release i am even scared of doing instances am bound to crash in there what the hell is wrong ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So another lil thing I just noticed with the new interface for pets is the starting level words are too long lol

Pet.jpg
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I search the forum for this but did'nt see any info on this. They miss a corner down here on the steampunk.
    003.JPG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think the vertical value of this object is off, it's on the Pirate Island
    http://www.technoplume.ca/004.JPG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chuinia - Heavens Tear
    Chuinia - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey all,
    I've played this game couple of years ago and I dont rememeber well, but I dont think I should be able to fly trought this stone. Coordinates are: 454 686

[IMG][/img]20091226213516.th.png

Delete if I'm wrong ^^
  • Ame_Kurai - Sanctuary
    Ame_Kurai - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am not certain whether this has been addressed previously, but I recently encountered an issue with my lvl 30 tideborn quest wings. The wings work in terms of flight, but visually they appear to be within a sort of transparent rectangle, as though they are in outline form. I tried to solve this by adjusting my in game settings, but this was to no avail. I could use some guidance as to what to try next, thank you. b:surrender

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/bitzcho/ticket4.png

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/bitzcho/ticket3.png
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    #64 07-15-2009, 01:44 PM
    [...] also i'm not sure if you are aware of this but not only does our magic defence buff go away if it is buffed over before time, if a lower level cleric with say magic shell level 3 buffs me, and then i use magic shell level 10 over it, my magic defence does not go up and i stay with the level 3 buff, however all other buffs are able to buff over.

Here is all, you can still not overbuff the cleric mag deff buff and it seems to make a long enough time that it has been reported. Everytime you use this buff or the party buff for mag def you can t overbuff it. For e.g if you use the 30 min buff and then the 1hour one it will still last 30 min, that causes many problem when you are fighting and it suddenly wear off in middle of a fight. All the others buff works well why not this one...b:surrender
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Here is all, you can still not overbuff the cleric mag deff buff and it seems to make a long enough time that it has been reported. Everytime you use this buff or the party buff for mag def you can t overbuff it. For e.g if you use the 30 min buff and then the 1hour one it will still last 30 min, that causes many problem when you are fighting and it suddenly wear off in middle of a fight. All the others buff works well why not this one...b:surrender
    I'm hoping the devs are trying to fix what I've experienced as a hostile action while not in PvP mode.

Non-hostile action: Beat some character to a low-to-mid level herb or mine; I may be fighting stuff primarily and just gathering materials as opportunity presents so I've got L10 HP/MP regeneration buffs up.

Hostile reaction: Low level character is pissed that they got beat to the herb or mine and they cast Celestial Guardian's Seal and over-write my L10 spell with a L1 spell... a hostile action even though I'm not in PK mode.

This shouldn't be allowed... If a spell is cast on a target, it should simply fail if the target already has a higher level spell in place. An over-write of a lower-level spell with a spell of the same or higher level should continue to be allowed.
This discussion has been closed.