Mid/High Mat Thiefs - What do you do...?

Options

Comments

• GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Is the universal response to every complaint or discussion "QQ maor" or "Stop whining nubz"

Seriously, grow up. It's kinda pathetic seeing people trying to act superior by calling others crybabies. It's a free forum for dscussion...so guess what, I'll "QQ" as much as I damn want...and YOU can all suck it up. b:laugh

the only reason u think i act superior by saying STOP QQ, is because, when u whine, ur proving ur childish behavior...

at this point yes...IM SUPERIOR (do i have to remind that is a game ?)

WE ALL QQ ONCE, U JUST HAVE TO FIND WHAT HITS U MOREb:chuckle

i did over anni packs once, long sotry
    On topic, mat thieves really get on my nerves, not because they took a mat, I mean it's all fair game and there are plenty more...but more because of the rudeness and disregard shown towards a fellow human being. What ever happened to simple manners and common respect.

Oh, and all you who love to steal mats to pi$$ off others? You're arrogant jerks and I hate you, tyvm ^_^

if i see a mat, ill try to farm it

-i dont care if some1 is fighting near there

if i see another person after that mat:

-if hes closer I NVM
    -if im closer I RUN

if i steal a mat, i love the drop, im not doing it to **** off player (cuz im in PVE)

if id like to **** player off id have choosen PVP, but i dont b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Eh.. I'm not really disagreeing with you (just playing devils advocate again). I've been playing MMO's a long time and have seen the behavior in them deteriorate over time. Used to be courtesy and decency were the norm instead of the rudeness and childish behavior now. As they have become more popular and as the average age of the player has dropped, the behavior has gotten worse.

~S

It's even worse in this game because any kid can make an account for free and play.

Have you played Diablo 2 though? Nothing more satisfying than killing some annoying punk in Hardcore. The kids learned very quickly that they should never make a Hardcore character if they can't keep their mouths shut.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • BloodSavior - Dreamweaver
    BloodSavior - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    the only reason u think i act superior by saying STOP QQ, is because, when u whine, ur proving ur childish behavior...

at this point yes...IM SUPERIOR (do i have to remind that is a game ?)

WE ALL QQ ONCE, U JUST HAVE TO FIND WHAT HITS U MOREb:chuckle

i did over anni packs once, long sotry

if i see a mat, ill try to farm it

-i dont care if some1 is fighting near there

if i see another person after that mat:

-if hes closer I NVM
    -if im closer I RUN

if i steal a mat, i love the drop, im not doing it to **** off player (cuz im in PVE)

if id like to **** player off id choose PVP, but i dont b:cute

iv yet to have a QQ thread but thats basicly cause i see nothing wrong with my character and am very happy with the game so far
  • Lygerr - Dreamweaver
    Lygerr - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol @ blacklisting people for not being psychic and harvesting without asking.

if i could buy my own island and not have to deal with people i would, that also means people who get upset over a rock on the ground that is FFA. b:surrender
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    you really expect people to stop doing what they are doing, ask permission to farm a mat that is on a map for every one to pick up you seriously gotta be kidding mate

I have had people ask me permission to get a mat I was next to. They asked me if I wanted it or not. Typically I don't and just tell them to take it. They thank me, get the mat and move on.

Not everyone is a self-centered brat.b:victory

I have fun with a mat race I have from time to time. Me and someone else are both going after the same mat at the same time. Whichever one of us loses the race complains as a joke, we both laugh and move on.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I start PK immediately... b:chuckle
    b:shocked
    What do you do when you are clearing the mobs from the mine/herb and someone takes them? I note down their names and make sure they and nobody related to them will ever get my help.... and if I have the opportunity lure something on them to kill them b:chuckle

ehh i dotn fight mobs ;__; i use sleep or take the beating
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oh, and all you who love to steal mats to pi$$ off others? You're arrogant jerks and I hate you, tyvm ^_^

<Brings Dark some coffee and a donut>
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Mats dont belong to anyone. It doesnt matter if someone is fighting near a mat or not. Just because someone comes along and farms a mat while your fighting does not make them a thief because it wasnt yours to begin with. Some people ask where is the respect and decency at?. Respect in my oppinion is playing the game without flaming people for farming mats before me. Respect is farming a mat before someone without the "lol" over my head trying to rub it in your face. Respect is minding my own business and playing the game how it is meant to be played. If someone gets a mat before I do then so what. If I get the mat before they do then so what. Nobody has to ask anyones permission for something that doesnt have a name on it. If you get the mat before me then be happy and move on and I will gladly do the same without giving anyone a hard time about it. And vice versa.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Mats dont belong to anyone. It doesnt matter if someone is fighting near a mat or not. Just because someone comes along and farms a mat while your fighting does not make them a thief because it wasnt yours to begin with. Some people ask where is the respect and decency at?. Respect in my oppinion is playing the game without flaming people for farming mats before me. Respect is farming a mat before someone without the "lol" over my head trying to rub it in your face. Respect is minding my own business and playing the game how it is meant to be played. If someone gets a mat before I do then so what. If I get the mat before they do then so what. Nobody has to ask anyones permission for something that doesnt have a name on it. If you get the mat before me then be happy and move on and I will gladly do the same without giving anyone a hard time about it. And vice versa.

DIS.

Da End.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lol that made me think of this one time where there was Me, An archer, one mat source and a mob. I just saw him thinking "If I attack that mob, she will get the mat" This is where I put up my evil grin, hopped off my lion, summoned herc and fought the mob while mining. Hooray for venos b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Is the universal response to every complaint or discussion "QQ maor" or "Stop whining nubz"

Seriously, grow up. It's kinda pathetic seeing people trying to act superior by calling others crybabies. It's a free forum for dscussion...so guess what, I'll "QQ" as much as I damn want...and YOU can all suck it up. b:laugh

On topic, mat thieves really get on my nerves, not because they took a mat, I mean it's all fair game and there are plenty more...but more because of the rudeness and disregard shown towards a fellow human being. What ever happened to simple manners and common respect.

What he said....without the "hate" part.
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    <skips most of thread>

Just because you see a mat doesn't automatically make it yours. All that matters is getting to it first.

I recall a time when my veno was a low level near City of the List. I got to an iron mine moments before a high level flew down to get it herself. I got called an ****. Responded something similar to the first part of this post (can't remember exactly what I said) but the high level's response was "blah blah" and ran off.
  • Lygerr - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    while you were typing and asking permission from the player who was fighting next to the mat, someone runs in and grabs it...b:laugh

that is why i don't bother, if i get it first i do, if you get it first then you do.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    Options
    PvP - Kill them.

PvE - Go make a veno alt and stop complaining.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    while you were typing and asking permission from the player who was fighting next to the mat, someone runs in and grabs it...b:laugh

that is why i don't bother, if i get it first i do, if you get it first then you do.

I've never had that happen when someone asked me if they could take the mat but I'm sure it has happened to others before.b:laugh
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ryukezen - Sanctuary
    Ryukezen - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I find that it doesnt matter who gets to it first. As long as you farm it before them then i5t rightfully belongs to you.

I've had plenty of people call me an **** just because I got to it before them, but I just brushed it off. "It's not like its the last one", is what I usually say to the person and they don't reply or anything.

Anyone in this game were to get mad over something as simple as that, then they shouldn't even be playing the game.

Wouldn't you guys agree? b:victoryb:laugh
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's even worse in this game because any kid can make an account for free and play.

Have you played Diablo 2 though? Nothing more satisfying than killing some annoying punk in Hardcore. The kids learned very quickly that they should never make a Hardcore character if they can't keep their mouths shut.

^this lols
    hamster-din for teh win~
    d(^.-d)
    .........puny kids make sorcerers and stuff like they do in normal mode in a month....then they think they're awesome...only to get killed by 1 hammer.
    b:chuckle
    and then me died......ouch. lols still was an epic battle.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lygerr - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I find that it doesnt matter who gets to it first. As long as you farm it before them then i5t rightfully belongs to you.

I've had plenty of people call me an **** just because I got to it before them, but I just brushed it off. "It's not like its the last one", is what I usually say to the person and they don't reply or anything.

Anyone in this game were to get mad over something as simple as that, then they shouldn't even be playing the game.

Wouldn't you guys agree? b:victoryb:laugh

people who get so easily upset have other reasons why they are upset in the first place and are just taking it out on you. i always try to just brush it off and move on when it happens.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If it happens to me then I purposely do what annoys them the most ......... I ninja their mat route b:victory
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ugh listen to me...a mat costs what? 5k? just stand there, time your route, and move on. if the route is crowded, go do something else for money, why make a big deal out of it?

i kind of grind/gather, and if i see i'm about to lose it, whatever. 5k is like...a little more than a dq.
    it's kind of funny, sometimes you get to a standoff. there's a mob near a mat and 2 ppl stare at each other. i just kill the mob without hesitation. the other guy likes me, i get exp and maybe a dq, and i keep on killing mobs (and getting more dq). it's so much more pleasant to just be generous when it comes to these things.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My philosophy is that no dispute cannot be solved by an undined sandstorm. If somehow I do encounter a situation that CAN'T be solved by an undined sandstorm, then that person can have the mat because I am most likely going to be dead very soon anyway.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If it happens to me then I purposely do what annoys them the most ......... I ninja their mat route b:victory

^this....just go AHEAD of them.
    you lose 2 but gain 50 mats...they gain 2 and lose 50 mats.

b:surrender
    <---me follow mat runners and steal their runs.
    (>.<)'

but if there be too many mat runners then me just go questing for a bit and come back.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    now that i remember when i was 40+ something i fight to kill 3 mobs over a mat to take it and one guy archer come happy and digs it...
    i finish mobs then bang him... he come back i bang him again... yes is "rude" to take mats when some one killing mobs to take it..in my case punishable by deathb:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A mat isn't yours till you've mined it. If I see someone fighting a mob, I'll grab it. If someone comes towards me while I'm fighting a mob, I'll stand on it and hold <ctl> and AoE.

I don't farm mid-mats anymore, no need, so getting mats isn't really much of a problem.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    now that i remember when i was 40+ something i fight to kill 3 mobs over a mat to take it and one guy archer come happy and digs it...
    i finish mobs then bang him... he come back i bang him again... yes is "rude" to take mats when some one killing mobs to take it..in my case punishable by deathb:chuckle

damn...so my theory that Venomancers have penises is right...and what's more, he came back for more?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited December 2009
    Options
    damn...so my theory that Venomancers have penises is right...and what's more, he came back for more?

(O.o)'
    yesh...it all makes sense now.
    b:shocked
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What do you do when you are clearing the mobs from the mine/herb and someone takes them?
    Immediately jump twice and get on my flyer. The mob loses aggro and resets. Then one of two things happens:

1. It attacks the person mining the mat, interrupting them. Then I swoop down and grab the mat mine while the mob attacks them.

2. It runs far enough away when it resets that the other guy finishes mining. Then I kick myself for fighting the mob instead of doing that in the first place to get rid of it.
    We hashed this out before in another thread. It's rather presumptuous and rude of you to assume that other people can read your mind and know that you're fighting that mob specifically to get that mat. Manners and respect come from a mutual understanding of the situation. Not an assumption that the situation as you see it is the situation as they see it. Most people outgrew the "I saw it first so it's mine" mentanlity around kindergarten.
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    usually those mat farmers are a high lvl like you so um...i just QQ
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sometimes I would get annoyed, but we are all human beings. We only follow our opportunism, regardless of if you respect others or not, it's still the same thing. Ever since I remembered that again I never got annoyed :p
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/kakashiluv/rofl.png

sorry about the spammage from general chat b:surrender