Mid/High Mat Thiefs - What do you do...?

Danikovich - Heavens Tear
Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
What do you do when you are clearing the mobs from the mine/herb and someone takes them? I note down their names and make sure they and nobody related to them will ever get my help.... and if I have the opportunity lure something on them to kill them b:chuckle
Like they say in my country:
When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
Post edited by Danikovich - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Vexille - Harshlands
    Vexille - Harshlands Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I start PK immediately... b:chuckle
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What do you do when you are clearing the mobs from the mine/herb and someone takes them? I note down their names and make sure they and nobody related to them will ever get my help.... and if I have the opportunity lure something on them to kill them b:chuckle

Im one of those that either FIGHTS or FARM into a spot

so if im farming/doing WQ and see a farmable mats, i drop to the ground and farm it, WITHOUT BOTHERING TOO MUCH FOR WHO'S THERE

and who can tell that u werent just fighting ? DONT GET MAD ON USELESS THINGS

if im grinding and some mats pops-up i dont farm it till i have the mob i need killed, i dont get out of aggro to farm and then kill, I JUST KILL THEN FARM

if u pick it...GOOD FOR YOU, MEANS YOU ARE GOING AWAY SOON b:bye

mats spawn everytime and everywhere, that mats i "STEALED" from the ones fighting there, was not the LAST ON THE EARTH...

so dont QQ over other 2minutes flying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Its part of playing a public MMO.....there is nothing you can do, the mats/herbs didnt have your name on them

I would suggest you look around on your mini-map for nearby potential mat-stealers before you start clearing the mobs tho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    PK is the best on LC and Harshlands in the situation and I have found that we have great little wars over some little mat. It adds to a good time when people get bored from time to time.

I like it when we PK over it and people drop their hoe for diggin and it gets passed around each time you die and someone else picks it up.

Suggestion: Don't fret over it since its only a mat and its not worth raising the blood pressure.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Suggestion: Don't fret over it since its only a mat and its not worth raising the blood pressure.

^ THIS...

ull lose sooo much time getting angry and trying to revenge (PK or stalking)

for the time u chase him, ud have farmed 5 mats b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Im one of those that either FIGHTS or FARM into a spot

so if im farming/doing WQ and see a farmable mats, i drop to the ground and farm it, WITHOUT BOTHERING TOO MUCH FOR WHO'S THERE

and who can tell that u werent just fighting ? DONT GET MAD ON USELESS THINGS

if im grinding and some mats pops-up i dont farm it till i have the mob i need killed, i dont get out of aggro to farm and then kill, I JUST KILL THEN FARM

if u pick it...GOOD FOR YOU, MEANS YOU ARE GOING AWAY SOON b:bye

mats spawn everytime and everywhere, that mats i "STEALED" from the ones fighting there, was not the LAST ON THE EARTH...

so dont QQ over other 2minutes flying

QQ mad? Au contraure It's a perfectly cold-minded decision b:pleased
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I set my man-eating toilet on them. It flushes them out of the game.
    file.php?2,file=4904,filename=pwned-funny2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Giving any reaction on a mat on a PVE server is pointless. In the end you could find yourself so full of rage that you may cross the line harrass them into the point where they ticket you for it.

And good luck explaining to the GM that you had your right to harass them for 2 hours because they took your wittle mat.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2009

They ain't yours till you pick/mine them so suck it up cupcake.

~S
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    QQ mad? Au contraure It's a perfectly cold-minded decision b:pleased

ull QQ with the friends u suggest not to play with the thief...

btw QQ is common in MMOs, u just have to find the way to pass over it

by:

PKing
    KoSing
    WARNING friends not to squad with stealers
    ecc...

or the thing i would do (for this useless situation)

NVM it and GO AHEAD b:cute

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    foxform.jpg
    Let em take the mat. I got the sucker in my sights.

Honestly, I really don't care. Do I get annoyed if someone 'steals' a mat that I was about to grab? A bit. Do I flame them for it? Nope, not worth my time. Funny seeing how pissed some people get about it though.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love to "mat steal"...it's like in-game trolling, except you can actually get a useful material out of it.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My mats get ninja'd, I ninja'd other mats from ppl.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    btw QQ is common in MMOs, u just have to find the way to pass over it

by:

PKing
    KoSing
    WARNING friends not to squad with stealers
    ecc...
    I note down their names and make sure they and nobody related to them will ever get my help.... and if I have the opportunity lure something on them to kill them b:chuckle

* i don't think he's whining about them. just asking you what you'd do if you faced the same situation.

i'd probably do nothing. just farm his/her route to annoy them probably.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Lust_Xxx - Harshlands
    _Lust_Xxx - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Shoot then in tha face y0
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I love to "mat steal"...it's like in-game trolling, except you can actually get a useful material out of it.

<
    PROUD MEMBER OF "MATS STEALING SQUAD"

i enjoyed it even more when i was on my BASIC SKY MANTA

so:
    suck it up cupcake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this is one bad thing i do and feel sorry for him ...but i spend a lot of time near vol 28-29 and i wait guilds on my kos(big list)... if they don't come i pick mats ...and if someone take a mat near me i warning hit him ....but they never stop so i kill(for this i don't take items drop)... over and over until they accept not pick mats near me..then we become friendsb:chuckleb:surrender
  • _Lust_Xxx - Harshlands
    _Lust_Xxx - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this is one bad thing i do and feel sorry for him ...but i spend a lot of time near vol 28-29 and i wait guilds on my kos(big list)... if they don't come i pick mats ...and if someone take a mat near me i warning hit him ....but they never stop so i kill(for this i don't take items drop)... over and over until they accept not pick mats near me..then we become friendsb:chuckleb:surrender

People like you that made PvP careland >.>
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Is the universal response to every complaint or discussion "QQ maor" or "Stop whining nubz"

Seriously, grow up. It's kinda pathetic seeing people trying to act superior by calling others crybabies. It's a free forum for dscussion...so guess what, I'll "QQ" as much as I damn want...and YOU can all suck it up. b:laugh

On topic, mat thieves really get on my nerves, not because they took a mat, I mean it's all fair game and there are plenty more...but more because of the rudeness and disregard shown towards a fellow human being. What ever happened to simple manners and common respect.

Oh, and all you who love to steal mats to pi$$ off others? You're arrogant jerks and I hate you, tyvm ^_^
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    PvP for teh win~

lols...
    *me trying to get a mat.* (>.<)
    128735073572221398.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    What ever happened to simple manners and common respect.

Doesn't exist in MMO's anymore (for the most part). It used to.

~S
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hehehe Happened to me like 4 or 5 times last week. Guess what, I moved on. I QQ'd for one second with my questing partner and then moved on.

Convo went like this:

QB: Wow did you see that?

Me: Yeah she took the mat from right under me.

QB: That's low.

Me: Yeah it sucks. Let's kill more spiders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Is the universal response to every complaint or discussion "QQ maor" or "Stop whining nubz"

Seriously, grow up. It's kinda pathetic seeing people trying to act superior by calling others crybabies. It's a free forum for dscussion...so guess what, I'll "QQ" as much as I damn want...and YOU can all suck it up. b:laugh

On topic, mat thieves really get on my nerves, not because they took a mat, I mean it's all fair game and there are plenty more...but more because of the rudeness and disregard shown towards a fellow human being. What ever happened to simple manners and common respect.

Oh, and all you who love to steal mats to pi$$ off others? You're arrogant jerks and I hate you, tyvm ^_^

Simple Manners and Common Respect never existed except in the minds of high society, and they were just kidding themselves.

As I said before, the Mat isn't yours until you farm it, until then it is free game. That is life. Life isn't fair.

~S
  • Bijorin - Dreamweaver
    Bijorin - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I usually just look around to see if anyone's going for the mat. If they are, I let them deal with the aggros and take the mat when the competition and mat guards are busyb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Not that it isn't frustrating when it happens - but if I'm out gathering mats, how am I supposed to know the difference between someone grinding near a mat spawn or someone clearing their way to that spawn? Am I expected to ask permission to farm mats if someone else happens to be grinding nearbye?

It's one thing if someone is standing on top of the mat spawn fighting an aggro, but I've had people whisper me whining that I 'stole' their mat even though they weren't really even that close to it.

In the end, I try to show a bit of civility. If someone is standing on top of a mat fighting, or if I actually see them get aggroed trying to dig the mat I let them have it. Otherwise, in my opinion, they have no right to complain if I get there first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If somebody is fighting with mob beside mat, when I come, I don't take mat. But if we coming to mats at same time and he is so unpatient and take agro of mob, I will take mat.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Simple Manners and Common Respect never existed except in the minds of high society, and they were just kidding themselves.

As I said before, the Mat isn't yours until you farm it, until then it is free game. That is life. Life isn't fair.

~S

Just an excuse to be rude and you know it.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Eh.. I'm not really disagreeing with you (just playing devils advocate again). I've been playing MMO's a long time and have seen the behavior in them deteriorate over time. Used to be courtesy and decency were the norm instead of the rudeness and childish behavior now. As they have become more popular and as the average age of the player has dropped, the behavior has gotten worse.

~S
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Eh.. I'm not really disagreeing with you (just playing devils advocate again). I've been playing MMO's a long time and have seen the behavior in them deteriorate over time. Used to be courtesy and decency were the norm instead of the rudeness and childish behavior now. As they have become more popular and as the average age of the player has dropped, the behavior has gotten worse.

~S

sadly me has noticed that too.....
    but teh average skill level also tends to drop...
    and it be always easy to kill prepubescent human children who be cursed with pathetic reflexes and no strategic ability.
    b:surrender
    PvP For teh win~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodSavior - Dreamweaver
    BloodSavior - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009

you really expect people to stop doing what they are doing, ask permission to farm a mat that is on a map for every one to pick up you seriously gotta be kidding mate