wiz heal pls. >____> WTF??

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    my heal is lvl 10.. yea, you can save a lot of asses after running TT for a while.. but is it worth it? no... no, you still get last pick in the f*cked to hell TT distribution. b:angry
    here in HT venos are always last...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So my wiz is only 58, and I'm long from being an authority on such matters, but... One of the things I like most about playing the wiz is the ability to heal as well as adding dps. I prefer the group not rely on me as a main healer, but I have been in many situations where I've both saved people with b/u heals, or even been the only healer. As long as people understand we aren't really meant to be clerics, I have no problem healing at all. I also spend a lot of time just playing with my GF who is a BM, so I keep my heal as high as I can afford for that benefit.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I remember doing a TT 1-3 with my faction, we were on the last boss (the one that drops golden shards) and the cleric got killed by one of those mysterious whammies that boss deals out. So I had to heal the lvl 70 barb for the 10 minutes it took the cleric to get back past the balls of Doom. I'll admit.. i was slightly nervous, I just don't have the nerves to be a cleric.b:sweat

Level 7 Morning Dew ftw! (Oh and I love sutra heal b:dirty)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ppl keep telling me to heal cuz they are to dam lazy to find a cleric in BHs b:angry.

how often do you get asked to heal? I didn't roll a wiz to be a half-**** healer, i came to aspode faces off.

b:cry are you crazy?!?!!?!?! I hate being replaced as a cleric by a wiz! b:surrender

(oh and to people who are wondering why I'm posting here, I have two wiz characters, first character ever made was a wiz :3 b:cute)
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I remember doing a TT 1-3 with my faction, we were on the last boss (the one that drops golden shards) and the cleric got killed by one of those mysterious whammies that boss deals out. So I had to heal the lvl 70 barb for the 10 minutes it took the cleric to get back past the balls of Doom. I'll admit.. i was slightly nervous, I just don't have the nerves to be a cleric.b:sweat

Level 7 Morning Dew ftw! (Oh and I love sutra heal b:dirty)
    Good job. But you know what's the best? If you failure in healing nobody cannot blame you, because every1 know, that you are not cleric. So you can just only win and take fame, if you success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ppl keep telling me to heal cuz they are to dam lazy to find a cleric in BHs b:angry.

how often do you get asked to heal? I didn't roll a wiz to be a half-**** healer, i came to aspode faces off.

well....I met Wizards can heal better than clerics o.o

half of Boss's I tank I ask my Wiz frnd to heal me..it's hard to find a cleric -__-
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well....I met Wizards can heal better than clerics o.o

half of Boss's I tank I ask my Wiz frnd to heal me..it's hard to find a cleric -__-

X_X
    so true.
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Normal attacks only, like Frostblade and Blazing Arrow.

Blazing Arrow affects most Archer skills as well. I believe either Astrelle or Elenacostel did a test on some fire-resist mob.
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    Atherous - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i really dont like being a healer, if i did i would have rolled cleric. idk y but clerics seem to have some huge god complex of late and then they go squish and guess wat? my lvl 6 mornin dew saves the tanks ****. it was funny earlier today i ran with a bh sq that was usin me as tank ( the water boss in 59, cant remember its name 4 the life of me lol) and ofcourse we HAD to have a archer come >.< so guess wat the archer pulled agreo from me started gettin pwned and i ended up tanking and healing at the same time. <3 sutra heal we all survived and after i dueled and pwned the archer just 4 bein so dumb as 2 steal agreo and not have the mdef to back it upb:angry n

but all in all 4 not bein a cleric we can sure b a dam good healer when need b.

lower cast time on morning dew=bye bye clerics
    So what if we have bad HP, we're Chuck Norris in the damage department!!!!! b:pleased

If your going into an fb and the Barb screams "LEEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.b:shocked

Nef is all but a memory. Pwi may once again sleep peacefullyb:pleased
  • Sharea - Dreamweaver
    Sharea - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've been the only healer in a party because we couldnt find a cleric. It stinks. But it make s the Barbs happy. makes them feel tough when they can tank bosses way above there lvl.

Hey you stole my line from my sig. Good thing your on another server....and a much higher level. b:kiss
    Important things to remember:

1) Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

2) If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

3) If your going into an fb and the BladeMaster screams "LEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    and a much higher level. b:kiss

whut?
    he be only like 1-6 weeks of leveling away from you.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MasterXeno - Dreamweaver
    MasterXeno - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That does get kind of annoying. They get all pissed cause I haven't leveled my healing that much yet. Frankly I don't really use it often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All for one and one for all, together the world will prosper. So pick up your weapons and rise up together and I will chant "For friends and for tomorrow. Never look back and continue forward through peace and love we will unite not as a team, but as one."
  • LarienV - Lost City
    LarienV - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WOW sorry to say but a wiz could NEVER be a replacment cleric......Wait i take that back they could never be a replacment for me at least.b:bye
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WOW sorry to say but a wiz could NEVER be a replacment cleric......Wait i take that back they could never be a replacment for me at least.b:bye

How do you know? You've never been in party without cleric b:chuckle
    Packs World International
  • Havregryn - Sanctuary
    Havregryn - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just started doing the BH dailies, and been healing on both.

Quite slow casting time, so tried to anticipate incoming damage - and overhealing never hurt anyone x)

Last time now tho, we were two wizards switching between damage and healing xD
    A healthy soul, resides in a healthy mind and body.
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    nobody say wiz is cleric or cleric is dd... but sometimes cleric can dd and you can heal if you want the job done..beside wizard bonus to party in tt or anywhere is that he can provide extra heal when needed...let party die couse you umm got heal lvl 1 or don't want heal is ..hmm..
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    whut?
    he be only like 1-6 weeks of leveling away from you.
    b:surrender

Hamsta been wondering what that comic siggy of yours say I cant seem to be able to read it right >.>
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oh ummm

so how much hp u recover with ur heals and sutra wizzies?

edit: checks ecatomb..

QQ
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oh ummm

so how much hp u recover with ur heals and sutra wizzies?

edit: checks ecatomb..

QQ

More than you ever could in the same amount of time.

~.^

...but I wanna better buff than Frostblade.

QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited December 2009
    So... um... yes... clerics can out-damage wizards but wizards can out-heal clerics!

b:cute b:chuckle

(Is joke! Is joke! I jest!! Except I really do heal that much.)

seems that 1st part is a jk -
    rest isnt >.<

~~QQ and makes first FS Wizzy alt
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oh yeah?! Let's have a heal fight! Me and you 1v1 no ganking and no sutra! Come on, I'm ready, I wanna whoop yo **** lets DOOO THIIIISSSS

Wizards do not make better healers than clerics, period. The only way a Wizard can heal more than a Cleric is with Sutra which is only 6 seconds and consumes two sparks. Once it's gone Clerics heal more, not to mention we have a stackable heal which is more useful than 6 seconds of restoring HP in chunks. Stack heals are the reason a tank is able to do their job most of the time, unless they're good enough to only need an occasional wellspring. The only time a Wizard will ever need to heal is if the Cleric is an idiot or if they somehow died.

The bottom line is: Clerics are better for healing, it's what we're designed to do. The same we we can't outdamage you, you cant out-heal us.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    arcane clerics heal better and faster than wizards. it's a fact. even then, endgame wizards (especially those with a ton of channel reduction and demon morning dew) can do a great job, perhaps better than light clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
    edited December 2009
    orly?

• /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The bottom line is: Clerics are better for healing, it's what we're designed to do. The same we we can't outdamage you, you cant out-heal us.
    Yesterday in party for Polearm cleric noobed and stood to close, got two-shoted by physical AoE :p
    So I started healing tank and it was all fine even without using Sutra. But when boss debuffed tank... even Sutra heal didn't help b:chuckle

As long as Wizard won't get skill similar to Purify we will always be secondary healers...

...which is fine with most of us b:laugh
    Packs World International
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    arcane clerics heal better and faster than wizards. it's a fact. even then, endgame wizards (especially those with a ton of channel reduction and demon morning dew) can do a great job, perhaps better than light clerics.

Oo no they cant cleric is way better healer then wiz its not even worth arguing about BUT sutra heal is better thats a fact but its just for 6 secs so wiz is better then cleric for emrgncy only. u cant get a squad for rb bh or w/e without a cleric (maybe if ur a veno but if the boss aoe ur ----ed :P)

cleric heals stacks and wiz heal take 2 much time to cast
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yesterday in party for Polearm cleric noobed and stood to close, got two-shoted by physical AoE :p
    So I started healing tank and it was all fine even without using Sutra. But when boss debuffed tank... even Sutra heal didn't help b:chuckle

As long as Wizard won't get skill similar to Purify we will always be secondary healers...

My point is that overall Clerics are the best healers. I know wizards are good secondary healers and can heal a tank in an emergency but what I'm trying to get across is that Clerics are the best healers you can have because it's what we specialize in.

I would have to agree that a Wizard sutra healing can out-heal us, but honestly that's only for an emergency and you can only outheal us for 6 seconds, and even then that takes away two of your sparks.

(You know, my last sentence sounds familiar, I believe I said something quite similar earlier in the thread. I hate having to repeat myselfb:surrender)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I really dont wanna read through all the pages of this, but it seems like clerics are defending their ability to heal.. I'd love to flame any mage that thinks we can heal better than a cleric x.x but too lazy atm. Sutra heal is a nice backup/emergency heal.. but a cleric would always be the #1 choice for a healer.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009

actully we do got a skill similar to purify

elemental shell has a chance to cancel debuffs
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    actully we do got a skill similar to purify

elemental shell has a chance to cancel debuffs

On the caster.. even if you cast if on someone else, the buffs work for them, but the purify only works for yourself.. Other than that, its only 10 %..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    On the caster.. even if you cast if on someone else, the buffs work for them, but the purify only works for yourself.. Other than that, its only 10 %..

oh well i didnt got that skill anyway xD