Any news on gold price balancing?

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oh, my point was current packs WOULD have kept the prices high but uh, since the anni packs been out real long and pretty much everyone is decked out, for cash shoppers, the new packs frankly do not shine as much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i dont know about that...oracle noobs are oracle noobing everyday...as my flow of oracle-generated coin suggests...and they'll need gear for their oracle noobed high levels :O
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've read the forums for a bit tonight seeing weeks/months go by with people saying "it will go down soon". They aren't going down and now it has become very very difficult to obtain cash shop items without buying them yourself straight out of the cash shop. I honestly would love to meet the veno that bought 100m coins worth of feathers/sources for their pets or the barbs that buy 2 charms per TW for catas. Really there is no time efficient way to farm the required amount to buy gold as a non/infrequent cash shopper u nless you are a veno. HH/TT items...yeah try again.

So where is the news on how this was supposed to be balanced out? I am lazy so I won't find the post but we were told something was going to be done. I sure hoping shoveling out more "Events" to buy gold wasn't the answer.
    Hit 80, join KD and get paid b:laugh
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i saw a few people say gold will go down after the packs are removed entirely

i lol'd

the market ingame is now so screwed up, it'll take either a) all the older players leaving or b) someone with limitless pockets buying up all the gold in the market, and putting it all back in at 200k per gold, to get prices back to where they "should" be

sidenote: for those who think gold will EVER go back under 200k, you might as well /wrist now, because as long as the gold hammers are in cashshop, and the 1mil coin boxes are dropping in instances, 200k will eternally be the value of 1 gold. and the GMs say the company has no control over gold prices

b:scorn
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well gold price i think will never go down even if the packs is off pack gold
    was 400k each when packs came and now there is new box/packs and its
    price jumped to 550k/gold when its out it wont go down ppl will keep
    increasing its price . at 1st time i played the game each gold was 200k~210k
    u could buy almost 3 gold at price of 1 gold at those days
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well gold price i think will never go down even if the packs is off pack gold
    was 400k each when packs came and now there is new box/packs and its
    price jumped to 550k/gold when its out it wont go down ppl will keep
    increasing its price . at 1st time i played the game each gold was 200k~210k
    u could buy almost 3 gold at price of 1 gold at those days

lol

when i started, gold was 80k-110k

yea, those were the good 'ol days...

-reminisces about chilling and chatting with the GMs after maintenance-
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i dont know about that...oracle noobs are oracle noobing everyday...as my flow of oracle-generated coin suggests...and they'll need gear for their oracle noobed high levels :O
    you forgot rebirth noobed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Alright well i didnt read much of this thread (Usual pack rage, Saitida's PWI @ss kissing, ya know the regular posts) but to answer OPs question: No gold price will not balance, Consider yourself lucky the price is so cheap now. The in game economy is inherently inflationary (IE more coins going in then being drained out), therefore there will always be a higher amount of coins in circulation then gold, constantly raising prices. The barrage of new packs + sales that are coming will not help this, only underline it.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Charms, legendary pets, things from the Cash Shop is a luxury, not a need. You don't need those things to play this game.

I myself have bought nothing from the Cash Shop and leveled easily through my levels.

No Charms? Use pots or apoth. Nobody is forcing you to do TT, or TW or RB or anything that needs charms.

No Legendary pets? Use normal pets, duh?

Be satisfied that you are able to legally buy Gold using in-game currency. No other MMORPG I've heard or played lets you do that.

Rubbish,you havent played many then.

I played a lot in my time,and every single one either allowed the trading of the currency bought with rl money or every single one of the cash shop items to be traded.

Thats a falsehood people need to stop spreading around here,pw arent benevolent masters who treat us fairly by being the only company allowing us to buy their cash shop currency ingame for ingame coins,they all do it in one way or another...and not because they're being nice but because it drums them up more business
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Rubbish,you havent played many then.

I played a lot in my time,and every single one either allowed the trading of the currency bought with rl money or every single one of the cash shop items to be traded.

Thats a falsehood people need to stop spreading around here,pw arent benevolent masters who treat us fairly by being the only company allowing us to buy their cash shop currency ingame for ingame coins,they all do it in one way or another...and not because they're being nice but because it drums them up more business

No, you're incorrect. The top subscription based MMORPG companies ban players for trading their intellectual property to other players for a profit.

Very few allow you to buy another players currency. They only allow it as long as they the in game currency seller does NOT profit by farming money for their real life currency
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sidious - Harshlands
    Sidious - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No, you're incorrect. The top subscription based MMORPG companies ban players for trading their intellectual property to other players for a profit.

Very few allow you to buy another players currency. They only allow it as long as they the in game currency seller does NOT profit by farming money for their real life currency

You are comparing apples and oranges. The fact that we are talking about this game should imply we are talking about free to play games being this is one. There are dozens of free to play games like PWI with the same cash shop principles. [removed name] for example is one I tried a few weeks back that has "Diamonds" as cash shop currency. They are found on the auction house as they are here.

So you are right in part by saying subscription based games tend to frown on RMT. Ultima Online is one of the only games I know that is sub based that allows RMT for anything, if you own it in game you own it period.
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What sidious just said,thought it was obvious this was about f2p O.o
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    mUHAHAH I just checked AH gold with new packs

selling at 740k max

buying 612k max

and almost no gold in sale < so it will raise i bet

< thx GMs and new packs what surprise
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    It is still at a in 540k min selling price. Warsoul armor means it will go up a tad bit I bet..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shootingstarvn
    edited December 2009
    It is still at a in 540k min selling price. Warsoul armor means it will go up a tad bit I bet..

in lost its much more QQQ now all cashshopers will run with warsoul
    how cute , ppl only will quit more now
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Be satisfied that you are able to legally buy Gold using in-game currency. No other MMORPG I've heard or played lets you do that.

Be satisfied that you are able to legally sell Gold to buy in-game currency. No other MMORPG I've heard or played lets you do that.

Seriously. Gold sellers are lucky they can even charge us free players for their zhen. The fact they seem to think it's perfectly fair to charge whatever the heck they like is appalling. Some would happily charge 10m if they could. Without free players grinding coin to buy zhen from you, your gold would be worth absolutely squat.
  • verybadthings
    verybadthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The prices of gold ingame is just a question for supply and demand, and I mean both demand for gold of those who not buy it for cash adn the demand for ingame money of those buying gold.

The only way to affect the prices ingame is to make changes that afects supply and demand of gold one one side and ingame cash on the other.

Increasing supply of gold could be done by lowering the real price or prices of items.

You could also affect deamnd of ingame cash by making more really usefull stuff for highlevel players that cost ingame money making the demand of ingame cash among highlevel players higher.

You can also affect the supply of ingame cash. Basicly cutting cashflow of ingame cash to players. Making repairs cost more, making monsters drop less gold, basicly making it harder to get a lot of money ingame.

Basicly any change that afects demand and supply of gold or demand for it and the same for ingame cash.

But one thing u can t do is affect it any other way since it s the supply and demand of players that sets the prices and not the GMs or devs.
  • shootingstarvn
    edited December 2009
    GMs do all to get more cash cash cash and increase gold buying in AH by packs , fash , event gear and other stuff .....

sad that there is such a MMORPG game which makes it almost impossible to normal players to get very good stuff ( cashshoppers only need to pay money that they dont care about and get all without any work and u need farming months for it if u find very good squad and get good drops )

i need to play more lineage2 again and get a bit fun and fairness
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    1st other games do LEGALLY allow you to sell RL purchased game currency for in game coin between players. Stop spreading rumors about something you know nothing about. Everyone loves to jump on that band wagon because it sounds like it should be true. Fact: 73% of all statistics are made up.

2nd no other MMORPG game that I can think of allows the sale of intellectual property. This doesn't mean currency. This is in the ToS and refers to someone selling another player a Lunar weapon on eBay for example. PWI is the only entity authorized to make RL money on their game. This also would include if you tried to sell Player XYZ 20 zhen for $5 in RL. This is also illegal. This is not however what is happening in the auction house. There are some virtual life games out there that do allow you to create things in game and sell them. For instance you could design a house, a car, offer services, etc in game and other players pay you with in game currency (that they've bought with RL money) that you can then cash out. This is a different genre of game and not applicable here.

3rd I think the topic of this thread has not been addressed yet in an official manner. I seem to recall when gold prices got way out of hand originally and prices rose to 250 per gold (can you imagine how bad it was then.......b:chuckle) that the GMs came on to address the issue and said that the price of gold in game was a major concern for PWI and they do a lot of research and spend time monitoring it and analyzing it so they can adjust and control it. Well since that statement has been issued I have only seen the gold prices rise and do so quite dramatically. I'd like a GM to respond whether a) they still monitor and care about the gold prices and prove it by b) sharing with us their action plan to get it under control. It has been quite a few months since this was originally brought up and we've heard nothing about it since. At least nothing substantial in any way

Lastly, inb4dalock - lol - It seems that every thread I post on has been closed by Spoons. It just seems inevitable that it will happen here. Methinks Spoons is Rumble hunting. (just kidding Spoons. I know its not personal)
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Gold price is pretty balanced on HT atm........ there isnt any lol (only 3 lots in the AH atm)
  • Sidious - Harshlands
    Sidious - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I do understand the need for a company to have profit, but for one to cause an imbalance so great that it could have an effect on the casual or non cash shopper is just poor planning. If the average player spent 15 a month(average p2p) on cash shop that would be 3 gold charms and a few mijis. I know people that do that in a a few days.... The problem is if it becomes such that the average player has to spend more on a free to play than a pay to play they will leave for the pay to play. Sadly, this is the case already.

I imagine the GMs here are just bringers of news, getting down on them in WC like some have as of late doesn't help. All they can do is give feedback in signs my keyboard can't make.

Rumble- UO allowed the sale of intellectual property so does There a few but not many.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was aware of games like [removed] and stuff allowing intellectual property to be sold, but didn't know about any MMORPGs. My point was more that every keeps saying how progressive PWI is allowing us to Auction House gold and saying that no other game does. This is not a fact. Several other games do and to your point some even allow sale of intellectual property (although I'm not familiar with those games).

There's no reason everyone should thank their lucky stars that we are so privileged to buy gold from PWI putting money in their pockets only to sell it in game for in game coin. PWI only wins out more here because even cash shop users who have bought everything their little hearts desire still have a reason to buy zhen and that's to sell it for in game coin.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So where is the news on how this was supposed to be balanced out? I am lazy so I won't find the post but we were told something was going to be done. I sure hoping shoveling out more "Events" to buy gold wasn't the answer.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=365942

As for if he was saying the thruth or not, it's your's to decide. Bu seeing what happened since then....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=365942

As for if he was saying the thruth or not, it's your's to decide. Bu seeing what happened since then....

Here is my opinion on the gold price situation:

If it is too low, Zen will be charged less often. I know people who refuse to charge their Zen to sell their gold if prices are too low in the AH.

If it is too high, non-cs players stop buying gold, which means less gold buyers, which means lower prices, which leads to the above.

So it's my belief that the GM's are interested in seeing gold at a price that is between the too extremes, not too low, not too high.

Long story short? We'll never see 100k gold again. I could be wrong though!
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    With major TW factions giving millions per active pvp member that takes part in TW adds a massive influx of coin per week. Crazy Stone and the few other merchant used methods don't drain the coin from the system nearly fast enough. They are the ones who buy a LOT of gold for their packs for godly items. They will pay their TW earned items for gold to buy packs. Gold selling is always slightly above the buy price.

Again, more gold to be spent means sellers raise their price. More people want that pack with an awesome item then the price goes up. It's only natural.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Long story short? We'll never see 100k gold again. I could be wrong though!
    The thing is, 100k WAS that happy medium you mentioned. -_- But then other elements were introduced forcing certain lower limits - most notably, Chests of Coins which created a virtual floor on gold prices at around 190k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    1st other games do LEGALLY allow you to sell RL purchased game currency for in game coin between players. Stop spreading rumors about something you know nothing about. Everyone loves to jump on that band wagon because it sounds like it should be true. Fact: 73% of all statistics are made up.

Kinda ironic that your "fact" is in itself a statistic, therefore, it has a 73% chance of being wrong under its own assumption. Also, a vast majority of all statistics is never in public, but in archives done in statistic mathematics projects, therefore claiming that a percent of them are made up is highly inaccurate, since the true number of valid statistic analyses is unknown.
    3rd I think the topic of this thread has not been addressed yet in an official manner. I seem to recall when gold prices got way out of hand originally and prices rose to 250 per gold (can you imagine how bad it was then.......b:chuckle) that the GMs came on to address the issue and said that the price of gold in game was a major concern for PWI and they do a lot of research and spend time monitoring it and analyzing it so they can adjust and control it. Well since that statement has been issued I have only seen the gold prices rise and do so quite dramatically. I'd like a GM to respond whether a) they still monitor and care about the gold prices and prove it by b) sharing with us their action plan to get it under control. It has been quite a few months since this was originally brought up and we've heard nothing about it since. At least nothing substantial in any way

Actually, if you think of it, the "monitoring" of gold prices is effective. Granted, certain items are now overpriced. However, if we were to use those more common items as a standard for the gold:coin ratio, all of the rarer stuff, such as Lunars, Frost gear and the like would be ridiculously cheap in comparison to the amount of gold spent on average to get one. And then you would end up with people complaining even more, since "everyone" could just buy them because they are too cheap.
    With major TW factions giving millions per active pvp member that takes part in TW adds a massive influx of coin per week. Crazy Stone and the few other merchant used methods don't drain the coin from the system nearly fast enough. They are the ones who buy a LOT of gold for their packs for godly items. They will pay their TW earned items for gold to buy packs. Gold selling is always slightly above the buy price.

Oh come on. TWs have costs as well. Let's say the top faction makes 600 millions a week. For this to be true, they would need to own the whole map. Now, there are 200 people in the faction. Assuming that the distribution is even, that means 3,000,000 coins per member. Now then, currently, charms are somewhere around 1,000,000 coins each, and we can safely say that all of these players use charms in TW. Now, you would have to assume that these players do nothing but TW for them to come up with profit from those 3,000,000 coins. Also, this still assumes that they own all of the land on the server. Currently, the server closest to this is Sanctuary.
    The thing is, 100k WAS that happy medium you mentioned. -_- But then other elements were introduced forcing certain lower limits - most notably, Chests of Coins which created a virtual floor on gold prices at around 190k.

100k was the happy medium for those items. Now that we have various packs, the standard has risen to compensate for the awesomeness that is Lunar and Frost gear. In the Jolly Jones events, that awesomeness was event food, oracles and the gems, all of which were above the general value of gold at the time.

In the end, the rise of the gold prices is just shifting from one standard of pricing to another. As soon as we lose the awesome items like high-end gems and gear, the prices will have to shift to a lower medium. So it's just a question of when and whether we ever get a situation where there is no way to get awesome stuff with Gold.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    100k was the happy medium for those items. Now that we have various packs, the standard has risen to compensate for the awesomeness that is Lunar and Frost gear. In the Jolly Jones events, that awesomeness was event food, oracles and the gems, all of which were above the general value of gold at the time.

In the end, the rise of the gold prices is just shifting from one standard of pricing to another. As soon as we lose the awesome items like high-end gems and gear, the prices will have to shift to a lower medium. So it's just a question of when and whether we ever get a situation where there is no way to get awesome stuff with Gold.
    Which is exactly the problem. Either we need such things removed and take a LONG break from them... or everything else (e.g. storage extensions, charms, mats, refining aids) needs to be drastically reduced in price to compensate (for instance, a Safe Stone is 2 gold... if it were 40 silver instead, the exchange rate to coin would be the same for 500k/gold pricing).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Which is exactly the problem. Either we need such things removed and take a LONG break from them... or everything else (e.g. storage extensions, charms, mats, refining aids) needs to be drastically reduced in price to compensate (for instance, a Safe Stone is 2 gold... if it were 40 silver instead, the exchange rate to coin would be the same for 500k/gold pricing).

Well, PWI used the excuse of the anniversary to, for the first time in its lifespan, put those awesome items in. However, due to popularity, they decided to put such items in much less significant events, such as the Black Friday.

Your second suggestion has a loophole: It would allow for cash shoppers to have those storages for almost free of charge. I can identify three different types of items buyable with gold:

1. The Awesome Items
    The rarest items in the packs, that push the gold:coin ratio to ridiculousness.

2. The Daily Cash Shop Items
    Charms, Guardian Angels and the like. Things that are used very often and are really popular. Due to 1., these items have gone up in price, but are kept in some kind of a bay due to the popularity.

3. The Unpopular Stuff
    Everything that is not 1. or 2., basically. Includes stuff like fashion, mounts and storage. Things that are only bought once. For example, buying any of the permanent mounts from Cash Shop is just about guaranteed to be more expensive than buying it with coin from a player. You pretty much see no one selling storage items, and if they do, the prices are ridiculous.

By removing 1., it would bring back the items in the 3. group. However, by removing 1., they also reduce their income and make the big cash shoppers, who are now used to getting just about everything with cash, will be angered or disappointed, especially if they cut it in the middle of their upgrading process.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I say make gold prices 1million+ each. so i can make more money for spending $$$ b:cute