Better Deal: Cube or Token/Oracles?

Options
Slobby - Sanctuary
Slobby - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
So what do you think the better deal regarding coin to xp ratio is? I've only done the cube once. I know that what you spend in there varies greatly. But overall whats your opinion? Buy tokens and make oracles, or spend the money on cube attempts?
Post edited by Slobby - Sanctuary on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    cube = money sink
    token-> oracles = profit if tokens are cheap enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Dynaskid_MM - Dreamweaver
    Dynaskid_MM - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    buy tokens is what i like better and make oracle i think it cost less well ive never finished cube but when i went there it cost me 100k+ just for 2 rooms so id take tokens=oracles
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Cube is incredibly random. Almost certainly the rational choice is tokens.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    cube used to be necessary because it got you book pages 90+...now trade in tokens for those too
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Dynaskid_MM - Dreamweaver
    Dynaskid_MM - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol cube is too much work and too expensive so woo tokens hehe
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    From a pure leveling perspective, tokens are the way to go...

But I do cube just for fun and to take a break from the usual run around (WQ) or bash mobs till you go blue in the face routines (i.e. grind/FB/BH/FF/RB).
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But I do cube just for fun
    Same thing here.
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    cube = money sink
    lol. Tokens would need to be at about 3.77k each to break even. Did you even bothered thinking before you wrote this ?

Alright, at the OP:
    Cube of Fate is the better choice all the way. You get much much more exp for your coins. However I agree that you need a little bit of skill and work to do it properly, so that is why it is so unpopular among the players.

Let me do some calculations for you. (Wall of text ahead, you can skip to the end if you don't care)

I'll use Oracle 8 for calculation since it's the best coin / xp, and also consider tokens of luck at 20k each. (That's the price on Lost City, +- 1k).

9 tokens (180k) for 2 oracles 8, so 90k each. Minus the 17k coins you get back when completing it, that's 73k coins. You get 29k exp for that.

This makes 2.52k coins for 1k of exp.

Now for the cube of fate. The exp reward is as followed
    7x -> 350k exp
    8x -> 400k exp
    9x -> 450k exp

We'll use the reward from the 7x to see how pathetic the oracles are.
    350k, at the oracle's price, would mean spending 882k in the cube of fate.

At 20k / tokens of luck, a dice ticket costs 9k. (9 tokens, 180k, for 10 mysterious chips that you trade for 20 tickets. 180 / 20 = 9).

Let's say you hit both room 41 and 43, and you decide to pay to pass (10 tickets each) and an average of advancing 3 rooms per dice, that's 35 dice tickets. The room with gamble coin boxes break even in the long run, so it's basicly a free pass. Sundries pack costs 200k. You can either open it and lose money, or sell it back for 200k to another player. Another free room.

The only room you might fail are PK room 14 (who cares, you're still at start), room 34 and room 47. If you are VERYYYYY unlucky you'll lose to the bomb + open sesame, but it happens rarely. It personnaly happened to me only once in 60+ full runs.

For the sake of this exemple we'll say that you use 45 dice tickets for the full run (and that's a very bad run). We are at 405k. And to give the oracles a chance we will say the cube runner uses do-all to skip room 47, that's 448k right there.

405 + 448 = 853k.

We are STILL under the oracle costs for the same amount of exp. And that's just using the 7x reward, with a really bad cube run.

End Wall of text
    So you see that unless you are really bad, or you happen to be the most unlucky person in perfect world, cube of fate IS better than Oracles. No questions about it. It is true that the first times you try it, it will be harder because you don't know what's going on. However there is plenty of guides online that explains all rooms in details so it should not be too hard getting throught.

The only advantage the oracles have is that you have no limit per day, and cube of fate does. But if players are in such an hurry to level up and are ready too waste coins doing it, I hope they are not surprised or offended when they get called "ORACLE-NOOBS".

- Amy
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    cube = money sink

Tokens will be never be cheap enough to not lose money or to make profit in oracles.

Personally, I prefer cube. If you are smart you can even make profit in the cube.(That's how I used to make money before having hercules and being a 7x).
    You can even win 1m cards in the cube or 5m.
    Plus the cube is fun and even sometimes **** and epic. The best 1vs1 fights I had them in the cube.
    Oracles is the noobs pretty much.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ohhh god.... ORACLE NOOB THREAD!!
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I say cube is the better deal, especially for 90+ imo. And it's not necessarily a money sink depending on how you use cube. Some days you can make a profit, some days you lose a bit of money. No, I am not talking about ecstasy or excitement cards.

Also, I don't think you can ever make a profit from tokens to oracles if you're just going to use the oracles yourself.

Also, some skills from pages of fate can't be obtained w/ tokens.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Cube actually makes money especially at 90+.

The lucky boxes sell at a 150k profit, platinum boxes at a 350k profit, the page of fate you get at the end at 90+ sells for 280k, chest of coins maybe 20k now, I sold a few badges of dexterity (5% reward at the end) at 300k. This doesn't even go into the mysterious chips. Usually you will get 5 or 10 mysterious chips in a run (though last night was the first time I got a full 20). Chips are untradeable but you can make things like molds or dice ticket which are tradeable.

I tend to make popular molds like Sky Demon Pearl, Demon Slaughter Belt, and Misty Forest Rings with them and sell in AH for like 1.7-1.8m (25k - 30k a chip).

After a week or so you will get a very high success rate. The average cost in tickets is like 20-25.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Noone has put a cost on time.

Time is worth money.

I don't do oracles or Cube so I am not going to try and calculate how much time you will save and what you can do with that saved up space.

Just thought I would point that out.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Engita - Sanctuary
    Engita - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It would be nice if people included time into the factor of money.
    Meow. I am the cute, scythe-wielding cleric of love and justice.

And no, my main is never going to be revealed via my avatar.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Noone has put a cost on time.

Time is worth money.

I don't do oracles or Cube so I am not going to try and calculate how much time you will save and what you can do with that saved up space.

Just thought I would point that out.

A cube run usually takes 20 min, very short imo. Oracles can last all day if you want. In any case, Cube or Oracle > Grinding even with double exp.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    From a pure leveling perspective, tokens are the way to go...

But I do cube just for fun and to take a break from the usual run around (WQ) or bash mobs till you go blue in the face routines (i.e. grind/FB/BH/FF/RB).

dang man~
    (>.<)
    where do you find the time to do all those? b:shocked
    WQ takes me like a hour, BH/FB takes at least 30 minutes to a hour. RB = 3-4 hours. oh noes me out of time~ QQ me hasn't even got to start any quests yet~ b:cry
    Must stay up 1 more hour to quest so me can have enough $$ for tomorrows CS.b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    Wrekless - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Cube is the way to go once you get above level 80 IMO. Oracles are a waste of money, never mind the fact that you will get PKd two or three times costing you 300k in Guardian Scrolls. I chuckle when I see people lined up at oracle and the whole line gets rolled by a PK passerby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Cube = 450k xp
    Room 49 = 70k xp
    Page of Fate
    misc. garbage.

Oracles are for nubs or if you just *have* to level that night. Otherwise, they're a complete waste of coin. lol @ people who would misleadingly think otherwise.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    think of cube as a very costly daily. If you dont mind loosing money, hey its a GREAT way to get another 450k exp a day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1 cube run = WQ + CrazyStone. (XP)
    30 min < 2 hours + 10 min.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Dont even get me started on selling your Bully cards for a cool 1 mil instead at catshops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    think of cube as a very costly daily. If you dont mind loosing money, hey its a GREAT way to get another 450k exp a day
    At 90+ it doesn't really cost money. There are cat shops in room 1 that buy the page of fate at the end for 180k. The same catshops sell tickets for 9k. This is basically a free 20 tickets to run the cube. The same catshops buy golden boxes and platinum boxes for > 100k each.
    Sundries is a loss and the robber / bully rooms cost doalls but that's it.

Really you either make money or it costs less than CS (71550).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    At 90+ it doesn't really cost money. There are cat shops in room 1 that buy the page of fate at the end for 180k. The same catshops sell tickets for 9k. This is basically a free 20 tickets to run the cube. The same catshops buy golden boxes and platinum boxes for > 100k each.
    Sundries is a loss and the robber / bully rooms cost doalls but that's it.

Really you either make money or it costs less than CS (71550).
    i magically end up with sadness cards D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    platinum boxes at a 350k profit

b:shocked I've only made 550k-650k profit on those.
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Actually im running about 75% on the platinum boxes and such

I get 1 mill coins more often than not :D

Ecstasy cards are your friend :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104