Using the world chat

13»

Comments

• ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Though, restrictions should be put on WC. Anything you wouldn't talk about to say, your mom, or a 10 year old girl don't talk about on world chat.

True but you will always find idiots who want to talk about sex or the size of their bits .
    No point tbh complaining on WC or forums about it, People should just SS and submit a ticket if they feel the chat crossed boundrys of good taste.

Note: If you have to brag about its size and how much ya getting = It probs small and ya getting none.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Where does it say that World Chat is limited to what YOU think is a "good" usage of WC? Maybe I think looking for squads is spam on WC, and you should talk to your friends or ask in front of the dungeon for a squad. Maybe I think you should use the AH to sell things, or trade channel. I should be forced to forgo seeing all of WC because people want to sell on there and I don't want to see it?

It's not up to any of the people posting on this thread to say "This belongs on World Chat but this doesn't", unless it violates the Terms of Service. There's no rule that says "You can only trade and look for squads on World Chat", or "You can only talk to people that aren't in your faction on World Chat" or even "You can only talk once an hour on World Chat". It's not YOUR chat, so stop trying to impose YOUR rules on it.

Above is the same mentality that believes we *all* need to hear who you have the Hots for, or what you think of X's fashion, or who you think is a n00b, all on WC.

Thanks for illustrating the point.

RedMenace

\wonders if doorways are big enough for that melon of yours
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well, I speak as a World Chatter that its just... Fun to do World Chat. Like, I know you say theres guild chat and stuff. But what if their not in the guild? Yes there are always Chat Rooms but that makes an entire window thing and its annoying to open and close it especially when your fighting.

So why not just World Chat? Plus then, anybody who has teles can just join in the chatting b:cute

Of course right now I'm trying to get rid of my World Chat habit since I have to focus on my armor and stuff but its just a nice way to chat with people, and you can always meet new people that way too b:laugh

So yeah..... =P
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I find that people in WC atleast on DW are actually lower level and poorer than you would expect. I was in a squad with a guy who's in WC all the time yesterday. He was far lower level than I imagined he was, he couldn't afford potions/charms, his gear had horrible sockets/shards (few sockets, bad shards), and he didn't even have gear in some spots. He said he couldn't get money together for better gear when I asked him. I wonder if he realizes he blows between 300k and 500k (estimate on my end) a day in telecoustics.

Personally, I don't see any value in them unless spending the ~20k a tele costs will save me more money than not using it. For example, spending 20k to get a BH squad together so I'm not paying the entire wine cost by myself. But even those situations, if people were smart would be resolved by using public chat rooms instead.

Otherwise, the way I view it atleast... every time you use a telecoustic your gear is getting 20k (or whatever they cost on your server) worse. 15 WC's is a flawless citrine, that adds up pretty quick.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    man i see people tying about nonsense in the world chat all day long. but like dude thats expensive. it baffles me why you gonna spend millions just to talk in a chat when you can talk to your faction for free lol. i only use it sometimes like when i need a cleric or have a question that my guild cant answer. but seriously i mean they oughtta make it free.
    2 words.
    Lonely. People.

cause RL just doesnt cut it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City
    ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    erm... isn't that what they are there for? to be used? LOL!

There is no honor in losing a fight no matter how 'honorable' you fought... your still dead. Far as I am concerned, use every low life nasty dirty trick you have in your book of low life nasty dirty tricks to win. When you walk away and they are pushing up petunias... you won, their dead. Says it all.

If they whine about it tell them Saitada says...

suckitup.jpg

~Saitada

HA! This! Damned right. I'm sick of all the people who whine when they lose a DUEL because I potted or used a genie skill. "You cheated! No potting! No genies!" **** that. I figure, if I don't pot or use my genie, or do everything I can to win, then I'm not fighting at my best, and neither are they. I haven't had the opportunity to get too much into pvp'ing *most of my chars are just shy of 50* but from what I can tell is that it's just the same, but dueling is safer (not to mention no charms and blah blah blah)
    Anyways, that point isn't the point.

World Chat is exactly that: a place where anyone can be heard by everyone (unless they turn it off)
    It is meant for basic chatting across the map with more than just you and a friend, and it's a great advertising tool to sell your junk. The thing is, if you're gonna use it, take it for both the good and the bad. Know when to pay attention to it and know when to just look at a different part of your screen. I mean come on, there's no point in complaining over something that people are going to do in ANY chat and not just WC. Me personally, I don't much care for the advertising in WC, I like to read all the ridiculous B.S. that people say in there. I myself DO advertise in WC (occasionally) because I want to get **** done, and what better way that to let everyone on the server see it? My point is that yes, you're entitled to your opinion about WC and maybe the demeanor of it should be toned down, but hey, it's that bad that makes you see the goood.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Discovering tele's was one of the greatest things I discovered in this game b:cry (happiness).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wrong. The fact that it comes across my screen without my permission and there's nothing I can do to stop it makes it my chat. I have a right to express my opinion about it the same as everyone else. I'm pretty sure the majority of people agree with me. Between the WC spam/PvP bragging and QQing/Faction drama or people looking for squads/selling things, most would take the latter. At least the latter has a purpose and is helpful to people. The former is just irritating and a waste of space.

i lol'd b:byeb:shutup
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I personally find WC useful for Selling, Buying, and BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    2 words.
    Lonely. People.

cause RL just doesnt cut it.
    like all those people after maykera's pixels ~_~; its ridiculous. she has a pic of herself on her youtube profile, i dont see what all these fools see in her, she was just there to me.

people need to stop with the I LOVE YOU spam 24/7, no one cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    like all those people after maykera's pixels ~_~; its ridiculous. she has a pic of herself on her youtube profile, i dont see what all these fools see in her, she was just there to me.

i'm sure they jest and must not be taken seriously. just as i "lust" after Ayano's pixels
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i'm sure they jest and must not be taken seriously. just as i "lust" after Ayano's pixels

but the difference is you actually do lust after her pixels b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The only time it's annoying...is when you wait for complete silence to post something in the chat you need to sell or whatever and then it's spammed off by a bunch of people talking like idiots. Other than that, yea they paid for it...they can do whatever they want.

Also I've seen that picture of whoever that is above, ...if you want to judge "pixel hotness" if such a thing exists...that's certainly not the one to be counting, that's a scary face. b:shocked
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I realize that it's their money and they can spend it how they choose, but, honestly, there's gotta be a better way to spend your money than to buy enough teles just to flame Calamity for two hours. b:surrender
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    For me,they are peeps that want to attract attention....most only speak stupidly,things that nobody care.Patetic,,,wanna talk?...get a friend in real life and do therapyb:chuckle
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If World Chat were free................. b:shockedSPAM CITYb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystyl
    crystyl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    My most favorite thing in the entire world of PWI is the feature which allows you to turn off WC!
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Why does no one lust after my pixels? b:cry
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • fourthaccount
    fourthaccount Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Then you are **** too - for asking questions on WC, when you can find answers on forums for free.

he or she cant ask it on the forums if they are banned