Options
13»

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sounds fun^^
    I guess we can make it an instance (Arena maybe?)
    What if you don't want to have a team?
    Should it be setup as teams and free-for-all?
    That way your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place can be put in if there are two seperate ones.

There doesnt need to be an instance. It can just be in world pvp (larger area to make it more like bounty hunting). The team aspect is so that if one person logs off then there will still be more people. Also, since its world pvp, you can choose to squad up with people in your team or help your team silently. Your team wouldnt be like one giant squad, it will be more like a guild/faction thing.

I will have to think it through but i think this idea will be easier to implement than a bounty hunter system but you still do the same thing. Not to mention there is already a bounty hunter npc
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Also i believe this already exists sort of, Dragon Riders Dungeons or something like that...b:thanks i dont know the full details but i was told it is a pk arena with a lot of people fighting for a reward
    b:shocked
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There doesnt need to be an instance. It can just be in world pvp (larger area to make it more like bounty hunting). The team aspect is so that if one person logs off then there will still be more people. Also, since its world pvp, you can choose to squad up with people in your team or help your team silently. Your team wouldnt be like one giant squad, it will be more like a guild/faction thing.

I will have to think it through but i think this idea will be easier to implement than a bounty hunter system but you still do the same thing. Not to mention there is already a bounty hunter npc

Though teams sound good, that would make it a bit more complexed in my opinion. What if you kill a teammate or all the teams can log off. Plus, the killers aren't suppose to get a reward. Or I am perhaps confuzled by what you are suggesting.b:surrender

@Paulits: Yes, but it is only for prizes. It is either kill to save yourself or kill just to get your points up. And it is underwater so you can't run that much. I believe Tideborns will rule that soon. lol
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the prizes should be NON tradable items like the BH100 exp orbs. That way only certain pple profit and the killed only gets getting killed and no weird 'kill and share' profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the prizes should be NON tradable items like the BH100 exp orbs. That way only certain pple profit and the killed only gets getting killed and no weird 'kill and share' profit.

Nice idea^^
    Hmmm.... a Certificate?
    It can give exp/spirit/rep or maybe... mysterious chips?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

You can still profit share... people will end up putting a value on any reward you get, and charge for it. Think TT runs and the "picking order".....

The only way a bounty system can work without getting exploited is when the death penalty is so great, that no amount of bribe will be enough when compared to the small reward you would get.

Think permanent character death (your character gets killed, and it get deleted from server), or dropping all gear, all items in inventory and loosing levels.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You can still profit share... people will end up putting a value on any reward you get, and charge for it. Think TT runs and the "picking order".....

The only way a bounty system can work without getting exploited is when the death penalty is so great, that no amount of bribe will be enough when compared to the small reward you would get.

Think permanent character death (your character gets killed, and it get deleted from server), or dropping all gear, all items in inventory and loosing levels.
    LMFAO id like to see how much pple bluff then >.> about pvp
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lol reminds me of another game.

But I like the non-tradable idea. Call the item a Certificate and it gives either exp/spirit/rep or mysterious chips which are all untradeable still^^
    That does make alliances crumble. And there are already regular pvping factors such as losing an item when killed, broken armor, etc.

@Coochie: Nah, I just think and update. My brain never goes off. You didn't have to quote meh. >.<
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited November 2009
    Options
    LMFAO id like to see how much pple bluff then >.> about pvp

It is the only way a bounty system would work with smaller chances of abuse.
    With our current pvp system, I really hope they never introduce this system, since we have a risk free pvp system. I guess if they were to make it so players could not remove their gear once a bounty was on their heads, and angels would not longer work, add a 100% to shatter any items bound, and include 100% exp lost, than I think it may work. However, the same would have to apply to the bounty hunters, once they registered as bounty-hunters, they would get the same "effects" on them.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It is the only way a bounty system would work with smaller chances of abuse.
    With our current pvp system, I really hope they never introduce this system, since we have a risk free pvp system. I guess if they were to make it so players could not remove their gear once a bounty was on their heads, and angels would not longer work, add a 100% to shatter any items bound, and include 100% exp lost, than I think it may work. However, the same would have to apply to the bounty hunters, once they registered as bounty-hunters, they would get the same "effects" on them.

We don't have a risk free pvp system. Angels are fine and shattered gear is fine. I don't see why you want everything at 100%. That's crazy in my opinion. No one in their right mind would go pking if that was the case. Red names have an increased chance to drop something and white names have only a little, yet they can still drop items. I don't get why it would matter that much on bounty hunting.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited November 2009
    Options
    We don't have a risk free pvp system. Angels are fine and shattered gear is fine. I don't see why you want everything at 100%. That's crazy in my opinion. No one in their right mind would go pking if that was the case. Red names have an increased chance to drop something and white names have only a little, yet they can still drop items. I don't get why it would matter that much on bounty hunting.

Its called angels... they make it so you have ZERO chance of loosing anything. And you already do not loose exp from pvp kills.

On top of that, you want to give "prizes", which have a value to them. Make it more than 3 chips, and it would be cheaper to use an angel and get the 4+ chip reward than to buy them at 30k each. Exp, looking at the prices of exos and fruit, is already 1k+ per exp point. So again, make it so you get 100k and it is cheaper to give someone an angel and kill them for the exp, than to buy exp items like oracles.

If you want the bounty hunting system, and keep our risk-free pvp system, than make the reward have no in-game value. Such as you collect points, and every so many points you get a title, like rescuer, saviour, knight of justice, etc.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't see why you want everything at 100%. That's crazy in my opinion. No one in their right mind would go pking if that was the case.

That's the point. People would have to fight fairly rather than gank.

The pk in this game IS risk free. A 30 cent cash shop item to have no loss is risk free.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited November 2009
    Options
    from what i heard the other version PWs had it way harder than a couple of GAs, thus being able to control to a degree, trigger happy gankers.
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I like the idea. a bit complicated but sounds fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Its called angels... they make it so you have ZERO chance of loosing anything. And you already do not loose exp from pvp kills.

On top of that, you want to give "prizes", which have a value to them. Make it more than 3 chips, and it would be cheaper to use an angel and get the 4+ chip reward than to buy them at 30k each. Exp, looking at the prices of exos and fruit, is already 1k+ per exp point. So again, make it so you get 100k and it is cheaper to give someone an angel and kill them for the exp, than to buy exp items like oracles.

If you want the bounty hunting system, and keep our risk-free pvp system, than make the reward have no in-game value. Such as you collect points, and every so many points you get a title, like rescuer, saviour, knight of justice, etc.
    That's the point. People would have to fight fairly rather than gank.

The pk in this game IS risk free. A 30 cent cash shop item to have no loss is risk free.
    from what i heard the other version PWs had it way harder than a couple of GAs, thus being able to control to a degree, trigger happy gankers.

I guess you're all right about that..b:surrender
    I'll have to think of a counter or something.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!