Player Bounties?

Options
Kittennice - Heavens Tear
Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
This would make the game more interesting for pvp.

So this is how it is:

The guards at a certain town depending on your level (30+) will have a quest, Player Bounty. It will be a daily quest where it keeps track of all the red named and blood named players close to your level (Since they are considered murderes XD).

The Hunters
If you kill the player that you have a bounty on, you get a reward called a Certificate which will give the player a random non-tradeable prize. The longer you take to kill the player, the lesser the reward.

The Killers
If you kill players that have a bounty on you, the price on your head raises.

People Who Kill the Player Last
The player who does the most damage to the player gets the bounty.

Quest End
The only way the bounty will disappear is when the killer goes white named.
Or
When someone else completed the quest.

When the deed is done, Duke Blacke will shout:

[Killer name] has been finally stopped. [Hunter Name], go and take your reward.

Something like that.

Loop-holes Solved

Killing people on your friends list

A)Randomization FTW!

B) Quest Reward is untradeable

You and Your Alt.

A)Duke Blacke will give out your last position (Like Village of Brutes/Sanctuary/etc.) to a player who pays him well. (Makes him good for something :D)

B)Only players in your level range can get the bounty on you.

C)Killers will be randomized so there will be no guarantee that your alt will get you.

D)If you aren't hot on the bounty list (depending on the people you killed (Level range) and if you are low leveled), you're worth much less thus will have a low % chance of someone getting you.

E) Quest Reward is untradeable

Killers

A) Red names have the ability to place bounties on other red names. (Sort of like TW) Raising the price on another's head makes them more likely to get one someone's list who is in their level range. (Fee possibly?)

B) Killing a hunter of their level range increases the bounty on them.

C) Killing a low level does not give status. Say you are level 70. You would have to kill 40 level 30's to equal to 1 level 70 )

D) A red name can not get a bounty.

E) When you turn red, a symbol goes over your avatar.

F)Go to the "Mysterious Man" to place bounties on others. (Half of coin will go to the one that kills the killer)

Quest Reward

Item called: Certificate

-Exp?

-Sp

-Rep

-Mysterious chips?
The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
Having fun since lv1
5 more levels baby!
^_____^
{=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
Post edited by Kittennice - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This could be interesting. However, on PvE servers, I have a bad feeling it'll be, like, a couple hundred on one red-name, as we don't have all that many red-names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ya, true but think of it this way. With everyone turning white named to go after the killer, there is bound to be more colored names.b:laugh
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    *sees self as bounty for the day*
    *plays on different char*
    *????s*
    *PROFITS*

And how come the murderers don't get anything out of it? b:sad
  • RobertMX - Lost City
    RobertMX - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    *????s*
    *PROFITS*

*see a friend on bounty list*
    *pm friend "hey can i kill u and we share reward?"*
    *??????*
    *PROFIT*
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That was the loop hole I was talking about. But if you are out of the safe zone, there is no stopping other players from making higher damage than your friend. Also, your friend could always end up being the one pked so others can have a chance at the bounty.

Edit: The killers get to be famous in PWI's Most Wanted b:laugh
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I dont pvp but I think this sounds like it would add an interesting element to pvp. But instead of a bunch of players going after the same player for thier bounty, what if people had a list of people to choose from. You pick your bounty, its yours until you kill them and perhaps add a time limit. If you dont kill the player in the aloted time they go back on the list. ?

idk lol just a lil thought b:pleased
    *see a friend on bounty list*
    *pm friend "hey can i kill u and we share reward?"*
    *??????*
    *PROFIT*

Easy remedy, you cant kill someone on your freinds list for the bounty. Or you just cannot see thier name on the list
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I dont pvp but I think this sounds like it would add an interesting element to pvp. But instead of a bunch of players going after the same player for thier bounty, what if people had a list of people to choose from. You pick your bounty, its yours until you kill them and perhaps add a time limit. If you dont kill the player in the aloted time they go back on the list. ?

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking. ^^ With the NPCs, you choose from the list.
    Sounds good to me.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Devil - Harshlands
    Devil - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This would be sooooo much fun, but would be a lot of work for the devs and gms XD and we all know they are a lazy bunchb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This would be sooooo much fun, but would be a lot of work for the devs and gms XD and we all know they are a lazy bunchb:shutup

Lol, if we make it an uproar like wanting a new class. It's possibleb:victory
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Elvarin - Dreamweaver
    Elvarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    *????s*
    *PROFITS*
    That's why there needs to be a harsher punishment system. A prison system or something to discourage "criminals" to not want to die. Also, they need to be able to be attacked in cities.
    ...that don't make any sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They implemented that idea into another pvp game i played.
    Took it out after 2 months since no one would pvp anymore since they didn't want a bounty on their head. (Especially not while levelling...), and pvp was everywhere. No restrictions.

Oh, and about half the playerbase left that game as well. Now it's a pure cashshop game.

imo, bad idea.
  • RobertMX - Lost City
    RobertMX - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Easy remedy, you cant kill someone on your freinds list for the bounty. Or you just cannot see thier name on the list

u ruined my plan i was going to be rich b:cry
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Took it out after 2 months since no one would pvp anymore since they didn't want a bounty on their head. (Especially not while levelling...), and pvp was everywhere. No restrictions.

Oh, and about half the playerbase left that game as well. Now it's a pure cashshop game.

imo, bad idea.

White and pink names are fine. It isn't everyone. If you don't want a bounty on your head, don't kill so much.b:victory
    I mean the guards already try to kill you when you go into town, why not put a bounty on you to help them out?

Or to make it easier for the killers, only if you are spotted in a town or something your name will come up. But I think that will be too much for the Devs.

Plus, that was another game that was fully pvp. There will still be no pking in the Secret Passage and everywhere else where the Gms said it was bannable.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Elvarin - Dreamweaver
    Elvarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

imo, bad idea.
    If it's the game I'm thinking of, the system sucked because PvP damage was nerfed after every kill you got. And they removed it after only one week.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with no PvP everywhere. Less ganking newbs. I mean who'd want to support that but troublemaking 13-year-olds? Oh and there'd be less starting drama too with no PvP everywhere, but sometimes drama can be good.b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hmmm... I like that idea =D
    But somehow it reminds me a bit of a game which got closed a while ago... (Hint: there was a cool movie about it...)
    There were a npc/shield on which player names stood and the height of the bounty... (like Player XYZ Bounty: 1m coins, etc.)

Well but with that system the normal death penalty (dropping stuff) would be annoying without GAs n stuff... hm... ahh nevermind that, its necessary for the game ^^

-Silvy
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well the bad thing is is that it INJECTS COIN INTO PWI. Thats bad for the economy. Coin value goes less and less. Theyll need to put in another money sink to conter that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well the bad thing is is that it INJECTS COIN INTO PWI. Thats bad for the economy. Coin value goes less and less. Theyll need to put in another money sink to conter that.

Coin value? Then they might as well get rid of all the coins from quests. What is with you guys and sinking? >.< Lol

But this is a way to give players an edge. And I'm only saying this once...
    If people get really into it, they buy scrolls even more. That means more money for PWI and out with the packs perhaps?
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • RavinTink - Sanctuary
    RavinTink - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Personally I dont to the PvP thing anymore. Was my reason from switching from previous MMO game to PWI PvE server, HOWEVER...this sounds really interesting. I usually sit and watch the happenings/drama in WC while doing my WQ in the mornings. This would be fun to watch as certain ppl were hunted/killed thru the day.

It might also bring a little more excitement to the game again since previous months seem to have brought nothing but wining and ranting..LOL.

I say GO FOR IT!! Would be a great thing to see.b:victory b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you lemons...dont make lemonade!!
    Find the fool who got vodka and have a party!!
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Majority says yes! =^^=

Anyone want to post their views on why it shouldn't be put in?
    Or why it should? ^^
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There is never a right way to make people happy there will always be people who are going to hate certain things or complain about something they originally asked for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ya, but lets hope this isnt what we will regret.
    Plus, it gives more excitement with being hunted or being the hunter. And even the hunter can be hunted because of other hunters. O.o
    One big happy hunt feast.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Easily abused.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    mazzle wrote: »
    Easily abused.

Please explain.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • XXHinderXx - Heavens Tear
    XXHinderXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    >
    >
    Sounds like a fun idea, but i doubt it will ever make its way into the game due to the self profit loopholes etc. Maybe our uber GM's can find away around the loopholes? Like a cap/limit on bounties collectible per month...
    >
    >
    Excuse Me Mr./Mrs. GM....How exactly does this work?:

Welcome, XXHinderXx - Heavens Tear.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

1969?....Seriously....Thats wat it tells meh.....
  • Tisa - Dreamweaver
    Tisa - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Please explain.

Main turns as red as possible, log in on 2nd computer, kill main in a remote area with alt..voila.

I like the general concept of the idea though, just reward shouldn't be coin or anything that can easily fetch coin. Maybe spirit or like 25-50k exp for example.
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Back when I was just playing apps this was my favorite activity. I loved constantly refreshing the wanted lists and trying to take down players with bounties. The one problem with this was some of them would place a bounty on you rather than the player who put them on the list in the first place. So, if a system like this were to be implemented, there should be something like no tag-backs.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kohlyka - Heavens Tear
    Kohlyka - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    People with the red/blood-red names are already hunted as it is because they're in PK mode anyway.

When looking at the big-picture, the basics for this idea has already been implemented. You see other players that are in PK mode, you kill them, they may drop items and that's your reward.

Just giving them a bounty on their head is making it official.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with this idea. On the contrary, I like it a lot. I was thinking that maybe we could add to this. Now, you see, I'm not a fan of PK'ing myself (though I love to watch it ^^) mostly because I don't like the feeling of being vunerable. But if you are in PK mode, there's no difference between the hunter and the hunted.

Now to become the hunted, we obviously just keep the system of entering PK mode, killing other random PK players, tada, you're wanted.

But to become the hunter, maybe THAT'S when we talk to the guard, get a BLUE name, and we can enter PK regularly as if using a red-name. Though, with the advantages of being a blue-named PK'er, you can have a list of the red-named players (that are close to your level) and choose who you want to hunt down for a set price (supposedly based on how many player's they PK'd).

However, if a red-named player is killed by a blue-named player, no items should drop (in my opinion), because this should be the advantage of being a red-named player killing other red-named/blue-named players. So either way, you are awarded, but it depends on which side you take and you gamble on who you want to kill; such as, "Is it worth killing so-and-so as a red-named player or a blue-named player?" and "I will get only money [guarenteed] if I kill so-and-so as a blue-named player, but I may get some good items [if they don't have a doll on them] if I kill them with a red-name."

As for those loop-holes mentioned earlier (friend's lists, alliances, etc.), I like the idea that you can't see your friends on the list, but it would still be weeded around by deleting them, killing them, and then readding them. Maybe have a limit that you can only collect the reward once for each player you kill (like the reward would be sent to you in the mail from the guard), but you can still happily kill them as many times as you want ;)

The bounty on their head would be on them for as long as they're considered murderers, and the blue-named players would stay blue-named as long as they're stuck in PK mode under that status.

Does this make sense? lol Ask me questions xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Require another player to put the bounty on someone using their own coins and have 15% of the bounty removed from the server as a fee upon collection. (coin sink)

You can only place a bounty on a player that recently pked you.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Main turns as red as possible, log in on 2nd computer, kill main in a remote area with alt..voila.

Not really. Remember that your alt has to be the same level you are. Not only that, but collect it at a given location. Between that time, someone probably got you on their list and is heading straight for you.

We can always get Duke Blacke to give out your location for a price. Since he has alot of "secrets". :P

I like the general concept of the idea though, just reward shouldn't be coin or anything that can easily fetch coin. Maybe spirit or like 25-50k exp for example.
    If it was exp and spirit, that would make it even more problematic. Spirit = juice up a genie. Exp = Lv up constantly.
    Back when I was just playing apps this was my favorite activity. I loved constantly refreshing the wanted lists and trying to take down players with bounties. The one problem with this was some of them would place a bounty on you rather than the player who put them on the list in the first place. So, if a system like this were to be implemented, there should be something like no tag-backs.
    Maybe, pay to put a bounty on someone sort of like TW (at a given time you can)?
    People with the red/blood-red names are already hunted as it is because they're in PK mode anyway.

When looking at the big-picture, the basics for this idea has already been implemented. You see other players that are in PK mode, you kill them, they may drop items and that's your reward.

However, red names are smart to have angels with them. So you don't always get a reward.

Just giving them a bounty on their head is making it official.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with this idea. On the contrary, I like it a lot. I was thinking that maybe we could add to this. Now, you see, I'm not a fan of PK'ing myself (though I love to watch it ^^) mostly because I don't like the feeling of being vunerable. But if you are in PK mode, there's no difference between the hunter and the hunted.

Now to become the hunted, we obviously just keep the system of entering PK mode, killing other random PK players, tada, you're wanted.

But to become the hunter, maybe THAT'S when we talk to the guard, get a BLUE name, and we can enter PK regularly as if using a red-name. Though, with the advantages of being a blue-named PK'er, you can have a list of the red-named players (that are close to your level) and choose who you want to hunt down for a set price (supposedly based on how many player's they PK'd).

That would be destroying the whole process of a blue name. And there are no blue names in pvp servers unless they are 29-. I say pick one person at a time from off the list. Listed from the most wanted to the least wanted. Set prices are bad. Though I think the higher in level, the more coins for killing them should be higher (Though it can drop if the time limit is off).

However, if a red-named player is killed by a blue-named player, no items should drop (in my opinion), because this should be the advantage of being a red-named player killing other red-named/blue-named players. So either way, you are awarded, but it depends on which side you take and you gamble on who you want to kill; such as, "Is it worth killing so-and-so as a red-named player or a blue-named player?" and "I will get only money [guarenteed] if I kill so-and-so as a blue-named player, but I may get some good items [if they don't have a doll on them] if I kill them with a red-name."

As for those loop-holes mentioned earlier (friend's lists, alliances, etc.), I like the idea that you can't see your friends on the list, but it would still be weeded around by deleting them, killing them, and then readding them. Maybe have a limit that you can only collect the reward once for each player you kill (like the reward would be sent to you in the mail from the guard), but you can still happily kill them as many times as you want ;)

True, so there can be a system when you take a bounty. Just make it so when in bounty mode (Quest), you cannot take anyone off your friends list. Killing a player one time completes the quest. Or if you pull them off before taking the quest, there is a cool-down for taking a bounty.

The bounty on their head would be on them for as long as they're considered murderers, and the blue-named players would stay blue-named as long as they're stuck in PK mode under that status.

The blue-named will be white named.

Does this make sense? lol Ask me questions xD
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It sounds like a really interesting concept. There are, of course, a lot of tweaks that would have to be made to the idea before it's released to the PWI community.

Maybe make it a weekly PvP instance like Dragon Temple with no safe zone, and after a set time that it opens (or the first few people to enter it after that set time) get the "bounty" on their head, and the others hunt them. They get rewarded with whatever reward that gets set up, and then the bounty changes to them. Just a thought. b:cute
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]