Lost City map

Options

Comments

• Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    WOW...I had no idea LC looked like that....thats really pathetic...

*looks at Sanctuary's map* Oh.....yeah...right >.<

b:cryb:surrender

Seriously tho, if TW rules were implemented properly and actually carried out......maybe things would be different
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would say most those with red maps have possibly given up for now.They are just going after TT stuff and getting all the sage or demon books they can.You may see Conq as wel as Nef. turn agianst themselves when they take the whole map.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Uh, no. People only complain when high levels kill lower levels. Why would someone yell on the forums when they get killed by someone the same level as them?
    Youre making stupid generalisations. Lost city has like thousands of people and you think that you know all their secrets.
    Maybe "everyone who CAN kill well enough to win a TW" joined CQ? "everyone who can't kill well enough to actually win a TW" is the majority of players in every server.

The PvP server people seem to also complain when the more "carebear" factions get land because of their obviously superior gear.
    WOW...I had no idea LC looked like that....thats really pathetic...

*looks at Sanctuary's map* Oh.....yeah...right >.<

b:cryb:surrender

Seriously tho, if TW rules were implemented properly and actually carried out......maybe things would be different

Well, the TW rules only disallow any faction from owning two level 1 maps. Even if that worked, it would, in the worst case, end up in a stalemate where the faction owning the last land is too weak to get more by attacking the other one and the other one cannot declare attacks at all due to the rules. Therefore, TW would be only about non-land owning factions attacking the two land-owning factions, eventually reaching an equilibrium where the strongest faction has all but that 1 land and the 2nd strongest faction has the last land.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That gives me an idea. In EQ they held a PvP tournament. You registered to enter, they copied everyone's character files over to a single server, and everyone from every server got to test the PvP prowess against each other in a huge round-robin tournament.

Would be nice to have an event like that here, to settle some of the inter-server trash talking.

O.O
    that sounds fun.
    ("')(O.o)("')

but um what about lag?
    me mean if server was located on east coast then west coast people might QQ and vise versa.
    (>.<)'
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle
    but we get to be the ones to make a last stand.
    xD
    lols~ b:surrender

and then the map turns completely red. b:shocked

Yeah, well if the rumors are true, CQ may not bid on you next week. Maybe you'll get to keep it. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aggramar - Lost City
    Aggramar - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yeah, well if the rumors are true, CQ may not bid on you next week. Maybe you'll get to keep it. b:chuckle

I hope not, I want to see that map completely red.
  • SickTwist - Lost City
    SickTwist - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    FML

I vote we ban the GMs.

ty to people who stayed on topic. b:chuckle
    and i agree, TW rules should actually be enforced in some way, shape, or form.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, the TW rules only disallow any faction from owning two level 1 maps. Even if that worked, it would, in the worst case, end up in a stalemate where the faction owning the last land is too weak to get more by attacking the other one and the other one cannot declare attacks at all due to the rules. Therefore, TW would be only about non-land owning factions attacking the two land-owning factions, eventually reaching an equilibrium where the strongest faction has all but that 1 land and the 2nd strongest faction has the last land.

You need at least 3 lands with 1 adjacent to the level 1 land to declare war on it. If the rule work noone would be able to attack that land until the large faction gave up 3 lands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    <---
    me am the orange in the middle.
    b:chuckle

no way it going to turn red now.
    xD
    b:surrender

liar u quit b:sadb:sad im the orange
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    liar u quit b:sadb:sad im the orange

b:sad
    sowwys
    me had to go back.
    xD
    they is calling me ("')(O.o)("')

also when be the next TW me want to try.
    xD
    so mayhaps me will be back again.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hmm, wasnt something said somewhere that once one guild owns the entire map, it will be reset the week after?
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would LOL so hard.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It has been done on other versions, but from what I have read it was not done a week after but much further along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That gives me an idea. In EQ they held a PvP tournament. You registered to enter, they copied everyone's character files over to a single server, and everyone from every server got to test the PvP prowess against each other in a huge round-robin tournament.

Would be nice to have an event like that here, to settle some of the inter-server trash talking.
    I wonder if PWI can do it? I know for a fact that other PW versions actually did this, a server wide event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would LOL so hard.

i might bust a gut laughing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hmm, wasnt something said somewhere that once one guild owns the entire map, it will be reset the week after?

OMG, this would be priceless!!!b:dirty
  • Noelya - Lost City
    Noelya - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

agreed and i hope they can do something like that b:dirty I know they worked hard to have all the territory, but it's annoying for the other guild... Alot try to take a territory from them but can't do it...

I think GM should do that, on every server who need it... People are in that kind of guild mainly for income, remove it, alot will leave and try with some friend to make a guild to own some territory... And even if it's the same guild who take back every territory, at least, for a year, other guild will have chance to own and make some wars.

It's always fun to make a war, and to win it... Doing war when you know you lose is just so much boring....

And i still think, better to **** off 200 players from one guild than the entire server b:surrender
  • Noelya - Lost City
    Noelya - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    any pic from the other server? I'm too lazy to create a char on each to take a look :P Wanna know how that look everywhere b:chuckle
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    soon the entire map will be orange b:sad
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Ehh... as much as some people don't like this guild itself the people who have been in that guild from day 1 have worked hard for what they have (not those that have joined in recent months riding their coat tails). I don't think it's fair to just take it all away from them in one fell swoop.
    Someone mentioned having wraith attacks and I think this is fantastic. It would add another dimension to the game besides just defending from lower leveled, less refined or less geared players. Each attack could be harder mobs with attacks lasting longer periods of time.
    What is left for this guild to do once the entire map is red? Be MORE arrogant and childish in public? Rub it in the faces of people who play the game who aren't even involved in the guilds trying to prevent this?
    That's all we need. b:shocked
    b:bye
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    HI JESYPOO b:bye
  • Jesya - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    HI JESYPOO b:bye

Hi Peanut! b:kiss
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hi Peanut! b:kiss

grats on 98 :3 b:cute
  • Jesya - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    grats on 98 :3 b:cute
    b:cuteb:cute

TY

Now get to 89 already.. I have a gift for you! ROAR

On topic... WRAITH ATTACKS FTW!
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:cuteb:cute

TY

Now get to 89 already.. I have a gift for you! ROAR

On topic... WRAITH ATTACKS FTW!

D: lil over 50 days til 90.. so id say by new years id be 89?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Map looks fine to me.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Map resets would do nothing except **** people off. CQ would just gain that land rapidly back and within a year it would be red again.

And I don't get the people who are in CQ just for the TW moniez. If I'm in the most powerful faction in the server, I would stay in it just for the instant +e-peen I get from it. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think the most important point about a map reset, is not that CQ would eventually end up owning all the territories again (40+ weeks though). Its that they would eventually have to take down supposed "allies" to do it, and that would make the server definately a more exciting place to be... Other versions of PW made it like a competition to see who could get the most land in a set period of time, I think thats a pretty cool idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i'm willing to bet no other server's map looks like this.
    [IMG][/img]2009-11-0919-07-29.jpg

lol, this map is purty. kinda like someone took a bite out of an apple b:cute

Personally, if I owned the entire map, I'd give up certain lands to spell out F U
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Jesya - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Keeping the entire map red is a big FU already b:laugh