100k Gold Day.

Options
ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear
ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Our market sucks right now, right?
We're very lucky to have a game that gives us the option of buying Cash Shop money with in game gold. That is a stroke of pure win imho. It is why I liked the game from the start, and even through this debauchery still do.

500k is just too much for gold. Charms make this game a million bagillion times better. Right now they are very hard to afford for low lvls trying to get higher.

I propose this:
Anyone who can afford it, who likes this game enough, sign up with me to help the game out. We can organize days where 1 day a month we all put in 10 dollars worth of Cash Shop money in the Gold AH at 100k.

If 100 people per server were able to do this with me, I almost guarantee it would take less than a month to drop the prices back to 100k. I would be willing to do it once a month on each server, if I have enough help to make a difference.

Are you willing to take a small loss to save the game?
I am. Gold is not worth 500k. It's worth 100k. Nothing will change my mind.

(NOTE: Do not post ANYTHING about Anni Packs here. There is a topic FOR that. This is about something else. Stick to the topic.)
Post edited by ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Gold is worth whatever price people buy it at.

As long as people buy gold for 500k, people will sell their gold for 500k, because why would they sell it for any less than buyers pay for it?

This is very basic economics. Incredibly basic economics.

The only value gold actually has, is the value at which people will buy it at. The sellers will set their prices based on how much they can sell their gold. If this means that gold prices rise because some people are willing to pay more, so be it. The people who do not think gold is worth 500k will stop buying, those who do will continue to pay for it.

So, first and foremost, this suggestion is ridiculous when you consider why gold prices are so high. Gold prices are high because the buyers are willing to pay that much. If you stopped buying gold at 500k, the price would drop, because nobody would buy gold.

Gold sellers will not devalue their gold nor sell at a lower price when they simply have no need to. This suggestion is as funny as the suggestions to boycott buying gold. Not enough people will boycott gold to lower the price, so that idea wouldn't work.
    And no gold seller worth their money is actually going to lower the price just so other people can buy their gold. Why do such a thing when you can sell it to people who will pay more?

Again, basic economics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Don't approach the game with the attitude that gold is expensive but try it with the attitude that coin is now worthless.

With 2 best luck tokens you get 10 million coins. With tons of oracles you get more coins. With chests of coins you get more coins. Heck in my BH100 last night I got 2 million coins. Coins are cheap and easy-to-get while gold is the same it has every been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    very naive idea...its a honestly nice idea, but its naive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Decep's ready to buy all the gold and resell a week later b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Decep's ready to buy all the gold and resell a week later b:chuckle
    call it managing my budget efficiently, ill bet thers a whole line of pple waiting infront/behind me
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    very naive idea...its a honestly nice idea, but its naive.

Naive is an understatement.

It's a cute idea but flawed on so many levels it's not even funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Neverless - Heavens Tear
    Neverless - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You're smoking crack if you think i'm going to sell gold for less then 450k... honestly.. I've a wife to please and spoil and gotta use all the coin a can scrounge up these days... That and my end all solution is, STFU and go play something else.. Honestly you're lvl 47.... I just made this toon and im at 45 in 3 days. My main made it to 80 in 3 months... You arent sacrificing much to quit now and get on some other game. I just dont wanna hear the gold is too much speil... WTH beside Dragon orbs and charms and anni packs are worth buying.... Fashion? Get some better gear before you get fashion.. Hell oracle your **** to 90 before you buy fashion. No one is honestly attracted by pretty little pixels on there screen and if they are and wanna give you free stuff for it they are probably some virgin 45 year old creeper and you should run like hell..... Yep thats about it for my rant... Enjoy buying my gold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You should be able to see players name that is selling gold
    So we know who really is selling 500k per g0ld and sheet
  • ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Nuuuuuuu. >_< Another good point brought up was from Obsessed in the ani-thread.

All the gold would go straight to the autobuyers. Probably all to one rich guy who has 1000 gold up waiting to be bought at 100k.
    -.-

I'm tryin here. I really am just sad for the lowbies who are young with no cash of their own to get their foot off the ground.

I've made a lot of money off this whole thing and so have most my friends. It's just the people who are....... either unable or unwilling.. who are losing out.

This game is so fun with cash shop items. Mounts, fash, tele stones, etc. There aren't enough people buying those other items right now and selling them on the open market.

Bah. I dunno how to help but I wanna. T_T

XD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You should be able to see players name that is selling gold
    So we know who really is selling 500k per g0ld and sheet
    that would actually be nice. In AH too.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This game is so fun with cash shop items. Mounts, fash, tele stones, etc. There aren't enough people buying those other items right now and selling them on the open market.

I agree, this game is fun if you have mounts or fashion or other cash shop items that make your pixel life a little easier. I love my black raptor to bits.

But this game is still playable with or without with those items. Yes, charms make life a lot easier, and on PvP servers are probably more of an essential when you get into the higher levels. But this doesn't change the fact you can't get the coin for them, because you can.

Just like you can get the coin for gold.

It's not a case of helping others this time around. It is a case of others helping themselves - rather than spending three hours QQing about it all when they could have been grinding to get the coin they need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I admit it I sell gold at the highest price possible and would like to brand my name on every single digital piece of coin I sell. Every week I get paid and put 50 dollars of gold onto Heavens Tear server and within 48 hours its all been bought and I can run around town like a madman buying up useless ****... It's quite lovely. I would like to know who buys my gold so I can give them a big shout out in the teles I waste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Who would sell gold for lower than the highest price they can get for it? Non-greedy players. Players that actually care about the rest of the players. Players that want the game to survive.

Remove the greed, prices drop in 10 minutes or less.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Nuuuuuuu. >_< Another good point brought up was from Obsessed in the ani-thread.

All the gold would go straight to the autobuyers. Probably all to one rich guy who has 1000 gold up waiting to be bought at 100k.
    -.-

I'm tryin here. I really am just sad for the lowbies who are young with no cash of their own to get their foot off the ground.

I've made a lot of money off this whole thing and so have most my friends. It's just the people who are....... either unable or unwilling.. who are losing out.

Bah. I dunno how to help but I wanna. T_T

XD
    Well, the good thing is, that this anni pack pretty much spilled the best of the end game gears. These are what made gold so expensive, and if pple have seen pwdatabase and such, there arent much, if at all, that can surpass what was given out this time. (and i think the gms already said warsoul aint gonna be 'buyable' in boutique) Now its just a matter of watching the prices go down slowly.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Who would sell gold for lower than the highest price they can get for it? Non-greedy players. Players that actually care about the rest of the players. Players that want the game to survive.

May I direct you to the first page. Read my first post - you know, where I go over the basic economy behind all this.

I hate to break this to you and crush your ideals of greedy and non-greedy players and how PW will die if nothing changes, but this game isn't likely to actually "die".

New people will come onto PWI. New people who were never used to cheap prices. Some will QQ and leave, others will actually spend time grinding for what they want, or being like the newbs/noobs people already complain about, put cash into the game and oracle their way to 90. Either way, this game isn't about to suddenly keel over and die.

Oh, and you shouldn't accuse gold sellers of being greedy. Because there are people out there being just as greedy, buying their gold for that price, for their own greedy ways.
    How very dare those scoundrels not sell $10 worth of gold at 100k. How dare they realise they'd be missing out on 40 million coins than if they were to sell at 500k - a price which people buy at.

QQ moar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You're smoking crack if you think i'm going to sell gold for less then 450k... honestly.. I've a wife to please and spoil and gotta use all the coin a can scrounge up these days... That and my end all solution is, STFU and go play something else.. Honestly you're lvl 47.... I just made this toon and im at 45 in 3 days. My main made it to 80 in 3 months... You arent sacrificing much to quit now and get on some other game. I just dont wanna hear the gold is too much speil... WTH beside Dragon orbs and charms and anni packs are worth buying.... Fashion? Get some better gear before you get fashion.. Hell oracle your **** to 90 before you buy fashion. No one is honestly attracted by pretty little pixels on there screen and if they are and wanna give you free stuff for it they are probably some virgin 45 year old creeper and you should run like hell..... Yep thats about it for my rant... Enjoy buying my gold

Leave my crack smoking out of this.. >_>;;
    Also: You're a good man for spoiling your wife. b:pleased

Also: I'm no noob, wanna see my high lvl chars? We can arrange a meeting in game if you PM me here. I'd love to PK your **** and teach you to respect a lady.

Another thing: I -am- attracted to pretty little pixels on a screen. Let's get it straight, I have played this game through quite a bit. Here and on MY, as well as in private servers. I -like- this game for its graphics, customizations, FASHION, MOUNTS, and believability. I am a well rounded girl with a lot of time since I own my own business and don't have to lift a finger to make my fortunes. So if I want to spend some of my day fantasizing via an internet game? What better way than an MMORPG. RPG.

ROLE PLAYING GAME
    noun
    a game in which participants adopt the roles of imaginary characters in an adventure under the direction of a Game Master.

It just so happens my imagination likes being fashionable and adorable and making friends more than it likes being big bad and ugly with unlimited power. So :P
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Misconception... This game will survive. everyday people discover this game and with the new expansion coming out it will draw even more.. This game is easy.. It's not like getting coin is hard... Do it like the orignals did... AOE grind, Rebirth, TT, OHT, Farm... i can't count the ways to make money. I bought my first panter mount at lvl 40 with my first charcter with coin i made from farming mats and dq's on foot.. I bought my first fashion with coin I made from grinding Seaweed theives for hours... It's not impossible. Many of the top players in this game have never bought gold.. I mean a solid winning faction that hold territory helps but you can do it. just.. idk stop being a noob and try harder.

EDIT FOR SMART MOUTH VENO>>> You can meet with me and when you PK my **** my lovely friend QueenBii will put you into the dirt.. And i pray to god you dont have any GA's cause i'd love to take your equips and sell em on WC... And please if you're making such a fortune you could probably afford to buy a life. I can admit it though. I'm a broke college student with a minimum wage paying job who plays video games in his free time and wont claim to be anything more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, the good thing is, that this anni pack pretty much spilled the best of the end game gears. These are what made gold so expensive, and if pple have seen pwdatabase and such, there arent much, if at all, that can surpass what was given out this time. (and i think the gms already said warsoul aint gonna be 'buyable' in boutique) Now its just a matter of watching the prices go down slowly.

Let us take a moment to remember this: Level caps raise.

The "endgame" gear these people are getting... is not actually "endgame."

If you try the private servers you will understand that what is coming out of the ani packs aint NOTHIN yet. These developers are GENIUS imho, and are gearing us up so we can level faster so they can develop more for their next level cap raise.

I -may- be wrong, but go play the private servers and see if you don't start to agree with me.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I am. Gold is not worth 500k. It's worth 100k. Nothing will change my mind.

Gold isnt worth 500k no... but it sure as hell isnt work as low as 100k either.

Use you common sense tbh, what your are asking is so you can have your charm for 500k gc the person who charges zen has to pay $50 + for a TT mat or mold if they want one ... lol joking right ?

A lot of people (not all some are just lazy) charge zen because they dont have time to run countless TT's for mats or farm gc, this may be due to having full time work, study and/or a family to look after, so they charge zen so the little time they do get to play can be spent enjoying themselves.

So yeah have gold for only 100k then PWI should cap all AH/player sales on items to 1mil, but asking people who dont have time to play more than a few hours a day to pay $XX for mats, items etc just so you can get cheap stuff is stupid.

Note: 300k imo would be a fair ish price
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Not that you can really level much faster with the stuff... AND the Warsoul stuff is still tre baddass. *drool* But that's off topic sorry. It's ani-pack griping and I want to avoid that in this thread. This is more about ideas of ways to help low lvls get what they need.

I totally agree that it is easy to make money, but a lot of lower levels aren't seeing that. Maybe we need to post guides for them?

I dunno, give me some ideas!
    edited November 2009
    Options
    May I direct you to the first page. Read my first post - you know, where I go over the basic economy behind all this.

I hate to break this to you and crush your ideals of greedy and non-greedy players and how PW will die if nothing changes, but this game isn't likely to actually "die".

New people will come onto PWI. New people who were never used to cheap prices. Some will QQ and leave, others will actually spend time grinding for what they want, or being like the newbs/noobs people already complain about, put cash into the game and oracle their way to 90. Either way, this game isn't about to suddenly keel over and die.

Oh, and you shouldn't accuse gold sellers of being greedy. Because there are people out there being just as greedy, buying their gold for that price, for their own greedy ways.
    How very dare those scoundrels not sell $10 worth of gold at 100k. How dare they realise they'd be missing out on 40 million coins than if they were to sell at 500k - a price which people buy at.

QQ moar?

Dude, where were you on the day they passed out ears/eyes? This isn't a QQ thread. This is an IDEA thread. Get some IDEAS how to help people get what they need. So will you please stfu?

People like you who think they know everything are really annoying to those of us who do.

Neither did I say anywhere this game was gonna die. I said I want to help lower lvls get what they need like charms and fash and fun stuff.

So Mr. "Everythings fine and I'm gonna be nasty at you because I can." Get off my thread!
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'll never buy gold in game. If I need something from the cash shop I'll go visit my local Target. b:victory
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I admit it I sell gold at the highest price possible and would like to brand my name on every single digital piece of coin I sell. Every week I get paid and put 50 dollars of gold onto Heavens Tear server and within 48 hours its all been bought and I can run around town like a madman buying up useless ****... It's quite lovely. I would like to know who buys my gold so I can give them a big shout out in the teles I waste.

ROFLMAO!! <3

That's hilarious. xD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Let us take a moment to remember this: Level caps raise.

The "endgame" gear these people are getting... is not actually "endgame."

If you try the private servers you will understand that what is coming out of the ani packs aint NOTHIN yet. These developers are GENIUS imho, and are gearing us up so we can level faster so they can develop more for their next level cap raise.

I -may- be wrong, but go play the private servers and see if you don't start to agree with me.
    oh god wher to start...

first of all, your endangering yourself by openly mentioning your playing on a private server. Think before you type.

2nd, lvl caps CAN rise but guess what. Other versions of PW took 2-3years to reach lv105. PWI can raise the lv cap for us to hell a special international only 200! and release Anniversary-EX packs! with warsoul and further endgame items equiptable at lv 150!

Only noobs are dumb enough to buy if they did their research about exp needed.

Right now as lvl 101 i need 267,816,000 exp to lvl
    102>103 needs 535,632,000
    103>104 needs 1,339,080,000
    104>105 a whopping 1,750,000,000

if they raised the cap to 150 just like the china version, do you want to guess the exp we need?
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    try making people stop BUYING gold for 500k instead
    Call me San.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    In no way am I saying to STOP selling gold at the price it's being bought for. I'm saying let's STIMULATE by adding bonuses. Then maybe the little guys can play too. I just hate trying to explain everything and give up game to all the little peoples that need stuff.

Organizing a Regular CS items Day or... idk SOMETHING... I dunno. MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE A BAKESALE.

<_<;;;
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

if they raised the cap to 150 just like the china version, do you want to guess the exp we need?

Cant guess, since those current xp amounts are a soft cap, to stop anyone reaching 105 to soon in the games life.

If they raised the cap level, the odds are they would change the xp > level ratio.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    oh

oh gawd noooes...it's it's......
    4lo7kj.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Cant guess, since those current xp amounts are a soft cap, to stop anyone reaching 105 before they increase the cap level.

If they raised the cap level, the odds are they would change the xp > level ratio.
    its already been reached just not on PWI. If they change the exp>lvl ratio that would cause mas chaos for many MANY reasons...
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Dude, where were you on the day they passed out ears/eyes? This isn't a QQ thread. This is an IDEA thread. Get some IDEAS how to help people get what they need. So will you please stfu?

People like you who think they know everything are really annoying to those of us who do.

Neither did I say anywhere this game was gonna die. I said I want to help lower lvls get what they need like charms and fash and fun stuff.

So Mr. "Everythings fine and I'm gonna be nasty at you because I can." Get off my thread!

Arrogant much?

Also-- what's the 100k thing gonna do? Clear out the sell section for more people to fill up? The only thing to stop this is to either 1) make the buyers start buying at 100k-- not gonna happen, from what we've seen so far, or 2) GMs/Devs/Whoever need to introduce something that makes $1 ingame=~100-200k. And even then-- people are gonna be so used to 500k that the ones profiting from the current state will start QQing...