Clerics Should be Faster

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ill repeat this

If anyone could give me a reasonable example that would define cleric as OP with a speed boost, feel free.

If your going to call clerics OP if they get a speed boost, have some proof to back it up.

@Ursa i think i have 5.2 as well o.o, not sure.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ffs stop QQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for all the morons that die because they can't wait for a cleric: YOU DESERVE IT.

QFT
    +1
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ill repeat this

If anyone could give me a reasonable example that would define cleric as OP with a speed boost, feel free.

If your going to call clerics OP if they get a speed boost, have some proof to back it up.

@Ursa i think i have 5.2 as well o.o, not sure.
    its funny they would call it a speed boost OP. Considering most outside PK i see mages flying in the air. Unless clerics are actually given some kind of skill that instantly speeds them up, the only thing 'running' pretty much is useful for is dungeons. I think flying is way faster to catch up...
    Remember...

Making clerics run faster just means for other classes, clerics will run "normaly" now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    its funny they would call it a speed boost OP. Considering most outside PK i see mages flying in the air. Unless clerics are actually given some kind of skill that instantly speeds them up, the only thing 'running' pretty much is useful for is dungeons. I think flying is way faster to catch up...
    Remember...

Making clerics run faster just means for other classes, clerics will run "normaly" now

exactly. hell.. give us a buff we can ONLY use in dungeons. Something sheesh.. I dont feel like spamming my genie's energy using holypath (while others are most likely using holypath) just so i can keep up x_x
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    um out of 6 classes you run at pretty much the same speed as 3 of them what is normal now? And if the BM doesn't use his speed buffs make that 4. So out of those the two that can handle themselves go ahead of you and you complain? If you have a archer in the party you all get speed buffed and wizards don't even have speed buffs making everyone the same speed if archers and BMs are getting ahead of you invest in holy path. (not that BMs can't handle themselves either.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    um out of 6 classes you run at pretty much the same speed as 3 of them what is normal now? And if the BM doesn't use his speed buffs make that 4

normal= being able to keep up with every class running past you without holypathing nonstop.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    normal= being able to keep up with every class running past you without holypathing nonstop.

If they are holy pathing then to keep up you have to as well get over that. You run at the same speed as most of the classes except untamed BMs just get lucky and get a speed buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009

You can make Charger Orbs b:cute

However, people should know. If they choose to run ahead *shrugs*

Also, Archer buff increases our speed and you can keep up nicely....just do not use Holy Path as it cancels out their buff b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    If they are holy pathing then to keep up you have to as well get over that. You run at the same speed as most of the classes except untamed BMs just get lucky and get a speed buff.

no offence, but clerics are more important to keep the damn squad alive. That is why we should have a little faster speed to keep up with everyone.
    edited November 2009
    um out of 6 classes you run at pretty much the same speed as 3 of them what is normal now? And if the BM doesn't use his speed buffs make that 4. So out of those the two that can handle themselves go ahead of you and you complain? If you have a archer in the party you all get speed buffed and wizards don't even have speed buffs making everyone the same speed if archers and BMs are getting ahead of you invest in holy path. (not that BMs can't handle themselves either.)
    so whys everyone freaking out if we just asked to be exactly same speed as the other 3 :P

Why invest in holy path when the cheaper way is just having the dd stop and wait for 10-15sec. It costs them nothing. Im not gonna pay because their attention span and patience are so short. If they are so impatient that they cannot wait 10sec for that green dot on the radar to catch up with the rest of the squad and leeroy into more mobs than they can handle, i dont think they deserved to be spent a holy path.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok WHATEVER it takes to stop the constant cleric QQing about everything under the sun. Yeah yeah it's all a conspiracy against your class... w/e.

I mean last thing we really need is more clerics trying to be "battle clerics" & tank bosses & tell everyone let the wizard heal or I don't heal because I'm DD and other total nonsense like that. I can see it now... clerics rushing forward drawing aggro & not understanding why no one saved them.

I wish while they were at it the devs could add some logic & reasoning skills & possibly a bit of b:shutup so then it would make all of us a lot happier at the same time.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Ok WHATEVER it takes to stop the constant cleric QQing about everything under the sun. Yeah yeah it's all a conspiracy against your class... w/e.

I mean last thing we really need is more clerics trying to be "battle clerics" & tank bosses & tell everyone let the wizard heal or I don't heal because I'm DD and other total nonsense like that. I can see it now... clerics rushing forward drawing aggro & not understanding why no one saved them.

I wish while they were at it the devs could add some logic & reasoning skills & possibly a bit of b:shutup so then it would make all of us a lot happier at the same time.

says the person with no face.

(no doubt a veno)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    no offence, but clerics are more important to keep the damn squad alive. That is why we should have a little faster speed to keep up with everyone.

I though venos were the most important to keep the party alive and the barb's repair bill down.... Clerics are needed for some of the bosses... at which point the squad usualy waits to rebuff anyway.... Clerics are slower to insure they stay behind, where they can heal and rez people.. No point having clerics rushing ahead of the party.... really....

This is only the issue in wined FBs, where there are not enough mobs around, or when ninja-running a TT. For normal things, there is so much **** to kill that nobody is really running around anywhere....

Also, in another thread, it was already established that Chelsea is a BM... Just look at her posting history and you will find the recent thread where it was established he/she is a BM.

Just ruffling your feathers Bob (pun intended).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    says the person with no face.

(no doubt a veno)

ANd slightly bitter with a side of cluelessness. (not sure if that is a word...lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I though venos were the most important to keep the party alive and the barb's repair bill down.... Clerics are needed for some of the bosses... at which point the squad usualy waits to rebuff anyway.... Clerics are slower to insure they stay behind, where they can heal and rez people.. No point having clerics rushing ahead of the party.... really....

This is only the issue in wined FBs, where there are not enough mobs around, or when ninja-running a TT. For normal things, there is so much **** to kill that nobody is really running around anywhere....

You got a point, but most dungeons i do require a cleric+barb combo.

i dont wanna be running ahead of everyone, just... wanna keep up without having to go broke ._. (speed pots, chi stones for holypath, etc)

Edit: i liked you feather ruffle pun :3 I may use it ingame.

Edit2: In some cases like in 2-3 we run to a certain point bypassing like 20 mobs.. hard to keep alive at some times. (thank gawd for 79 skills ._.)
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so whys everyone freaking out if we just asked to be exactly same speed as the other 3 :P

Why invest in holy path when the cheaper way is just having the dd stop and wait for 10-15sec. It costs them nothing. Im not gonna pay because their attention span and patience are so short. If they are so impatient that they cannot wait 10sec for that green dot on the radar to catch up with the rest of the squad and leeroy into more mobs than they can handle, i dont think they deserved to be spent a holy path.

Quoted for truth. b:victory
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I agree, and I'll add:

Venos and barbs in particular have a massive run speed advantage over everybody, even BMs. Their sprint is nice, but it ends and we keep going. With the gear I currently have (which does add run speed bonuses) if I combine level 3 summer sprint with the archer party buff....well....while that buff is in effect my run speed is 8.4 m/s lol. It takes a lot longer than 10 seconds for the cleric to catch up if we travel far enough.

I think they should definitely make clerics faster or I at least wish they had been given a decent speed buff. No question on my end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If I was a cleric, I'd make it a rule not to use Holy Path ever. You'd have to be mad to pay your own coins to keep up with Leroy's impatience. The problem is, barbs are the fastest. Especially in BH's, where their constant speed keeps them ahead of even BM's, they're usually attacking the boss before the cleric even gets half way.

As a DD and occasional tank, I know myself sometimes we can actually tank fine unassisted and we sometimes know what we're doing, but for all that, the cleric doesn't always know that. The clerics aim is to keep us all alive no matter what, and being reckless just adds extra stress and panic for them.

It's good manners to wait. After all, players are all real people.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    It's good manners to wait.

And play style.

At higher levels everyone knows...that does not mean some don't try to "beat the odds" and see how far/long they can survive b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's kinda sad people are complaining about holy path stamina usage, when no one ever mentions the cost of non-veno luring using genies, or the [old] TOP use during dungeons as a non-cleric healing method. You're not going to be spamming holy path in dungeons, just in the times where you run between mobs. I have a pretty bad genie [low lucky points] that I've built so it can use maxed out holy path back to back. This usually gives me more than enough speed to catch up with everyone.

There's no need to feel pressure to catch up to people who start fighting bosses without you--that's stupidity and a lack of regard for squadmates. Yes, it would be kinda nice to be faster, but it's really not needed. No one is breaking the bank due to holy path costs. This is a tiny, tiny issue compared to some of the others out there and while I do sometimes feel a stab of jealousy when I see venos summer sprinting past me b:surrender it's really okay....the apothecary skill and genies/chi stones are there for a reason. If you don't wanna use all available options, don't complain.
    edited November 2009
    It's kinda sad people are complaining about holy path stamina usage, when no one ever mentions the cost of non-veno luring using genies, or the [old] TOP use during dungeons as a non-cleric healing method. You're not going to be spamming holy path in dungeons, just in the times where you run between mobs. I have a pretty bad genie [low lucky points] that I've built so it can use maxed out holy path back to back. This usually gives me more than enough speed to catch up with everyone.

There's no need to feel pressure to catch up to people who start fighting bosses without you--that's stupidity and a lack of regard for squadmates. Yes, it would be kinda nice to be faster, but it's really not needed. No one is breaking the bank due to holy path costs. This is a tiny, tiny issue compared to some of the others out there and while I do sometimes feel a stab of jealousy when I see venos summer sprinting past me b:surrender it's really okay....the apothecary skill and genies/chi stones are there for a reason. If you don't wanna use all available options, don't complain.
    well basicaly this issue is like an ant biting you. You can smoosh it and swat it off yourself. But as the months go by, so will you encounter more and more stupidity. I think even grown men might scream if they woke up covered in ants one day. Many many 'stupids' stacked bit by bit are quite frustrating.
  • ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear
    ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    volst wrote: »
    I say make them fatter to accurately reflect their moving speed. b:laugh

OMG +_+ I love your siggy. XDDDD

And yush, I have a high lvl cleric and even through all my time.. I'm still slow. The worst is when you're way far behind and they left you fighting your own mob...... and you die.

Then they have to wait for you to fly allllll the way back...

-.- OH OH, OTHER WORST: TT. People "run" through certain TT areas to avoid the mobs... and the clerics... always... die.

FTL. XD
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well basicaly this issue is like an ant biting you. You can smoosh it and swat it off yourself. But as the months go by, so will you encounter more and more stupidity. I think even grown men might scream if they woke up covered in ants one day. Many many 'stupids' stacked bit by bit are quite frustrating.

naw i'd just do a barrel roll :D
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited November 2009
    naw i'd just do a barrel roll :D
    theyll still be on you! >:E
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    theyll still be on you! >:E

not if i barrel roll onto YOU! :3
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Alreatha - Sanctuary
    Alreatha - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't see how we shouldn't get a decent speed buffs, since most people love complaining about how clerics shld be doing their best to keep abreast with the squad. A Summer Sprint-esque move would be nice.
    b:chuckle ==> Abusing Legerity since Demonhood <== b:chuckle
  • Heal_Titan - Sanctuary
    Heal_Titan - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I voted yes as it would be nice 4 getting around. b:pleased

however it is not that important 2 be faster.
    I see the time taken slowly catching up as a way 2 recover a small amount of MP. If a new skill was introduced it would either use MP or chi. If it used MP clerics would run out of mp faster and have 2 use more apoth or potions. If it used chi every1 would have 2 wait 4 the cleric 2 get sparks 4 BB.

So the way i see it every should learn 2 wait 4 the cleric.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This thread is already in Class Discussion-Clerics, but some ppl ask to be nice in general discussion. So i decide to add it here 2, to c what other ppl/class thinks about it.

Maybe this topic is already around but still is something we all clerics need.

Clerics Should be a Little faster...

If PWI developers are taking so much time creating new races, new quests, genies skills, new items.. etc. Why they can't take a little time and increase the speed of clerics?

Is good that each class is different from each other but make some one super slow is stupid. Probably i will say that at least 80% of clerics are having trouble with their speed in dungeons, it doesn't matter if u use Speed Pills or genie skills, there is always a time where you become slower and everyone pass over you and left you behind. Like when you crazy barb decides to run like mad crazy directly into mobs/boss and start attacking and 10 seconds later start crying for heal while you are 30sec-1min away from him. Or when your Full Squad decides to attack different mobs and you are not around, because you are left behind.

This are some samples that clerics suffer in this BH times, where they are been called 3-4 times a day.

So please Devs of pwi, make us faster plz. If a cleric is faster, bh/fb/dungeon can be done in less time.

*Note: This topic mainly purpose is talk about the speed of clerics, NOT the crazy barb/squad that run atk everything and then they QQ. Thx

no need at all for this. if I was a cleric and barb runned ahead into Boss when im 30 secs-1 min behind i would simply sit down and wait for him to die for being stupid. i think speed difference is a nice way to mark differences in classes.
  • HeavenIy - Heavens Tear
    HeavenIy - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Uh, until you say Clerics AND Wizzies, im voting no because I run slow as hell too LOL
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    IMO, Clerics don't need to run faster because it's the squad's job to make sure they don't run too far ahead and die.

I have a simple policy on my cleric:

1: If you run too far ahead of me, don't expect me to bust my butt to catch up.
    2: If you run too far ahead of me and then yell at me for being slow, I push e and start walking to you.
    3: If you run too far ahead of me, yell at me for being slow, and complain about a lack of heals/res when you die (especially if this is done more than once) then once we get to boss, I town port and leave squad when you start attacking.or I lag and "somehow" DC.

I'll warn those in the squad that are at least being decent to me and/or show they can play their class when I decide to do this. The rest of them? If they die because they were too stupid to wait on me when they can't survive without me, they deserve it. If they can survive and aren't rushing me or they're doing something like pulling a boss away from a near-wiped squad so I can get time to res/heal everyone then they get my full support.