Price of the legendary pet are crazy

Options

Comments

• yorumi
    yorumi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    How does that make them greedy? That makes them successful, something most MMO's don't do. Especially ones with a playerbase in the 50-100k range. There's plenty of MMO's out there with over 100k people that don't make 94 million profit in a year. Infact, at 16/month an MMO would need 489584 players to bring in 94 million a year gross, not profit. That number is very impressive for them.

I'm a person who's very hesitant to use the term greedy, it's thrown around way way too often to the point that almost any profit is called greed. The only thing that annoys me about the packs is they know the players HATE these things. I was there in ESO when they did something similar and there was almost a revolution and here they come and do it here. I don't decry anyone making any amount of profit but I do wish companies would spend a bit more time forming long term relationships with their customers. Right now it feels a bit like we're cattle, just move em through make a quick buck before they quit and there's always new players to be found.

Back on topic just to repeat something I said, I just don't get why people think this is so much money. Sure you can't get a legendary pet at level 1 without spending real money but come on you shouldn't expect one then. MMOs are big games, they're supposed to be played for a long time, people fight the same boss in other games for months to get a single drop. A legendary pet on the other hand takes, what? a week at higher levels to get.
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    AuroraXT - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    45 million is nothing. At level 65 I was getting 700k an hour without a herc or nix by farming TT1-1 in solo mode non stop. That was only 64 hours to get a herc, took me two or three weeks. Since they changed drops in there though and added BH the way to go about getting coin has changed. Now you could farm mats, 10 subs an hour is doable, a friend of mine did it actually. Seeing as how subs are worth 100k each right now, that's a million an hour. A 90 million pet is 90 hours, again it's not much when you take into account what it could buy.

At higher levels the amount of coin that could be made is even higher.

These would be Dreamweaver's prices I assume. I was talking about the old servers, and did not take into account making a veno on one of the new ones, which is a good point - but even in the new servers its nothing like it was before. Most PWI players are casual gamers. They will not be able to do what you did.

And trust me on this, but a casual gamer will not see 45m as "nothing". I know this because my guild is full of casual gamers, and they know they will never have a legendery pet.

On another note, subs go for 50k on Sanc, and there are probably a lot more farmers aswell. TT1-1 mats are near worthless.
    How does that make them greedy? That makes them successful, something most MMO's don't do. Especially ones with a playerbase in the 50-100k range. There's plenty of MMO's out there with over 100k people that don't make 94 million profit in a year. Infact, at 16/month an MMO would need 489584 players to bring in 94 million a year gross, not profit. That number is very impressive for them.

Well I don't know, you tell me. They made 94m USD in 2008. An impresive figure for sure, but it did not suit them; clearly they wanted more or else we wouldn't have these constant sales. Would that be greed?

"excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves"

PW is most certainly excessively trying to acquire more weatlh; don't need to question that. But does PW deserve 94m USD in pure profit in your opinion? More so, do you think they deserve to have even more, as 2009 will show?

Take into account at how many bugs PWI has, and how many times they have been asked to be fixed. Also take into account at how the playerbase is treated as a whole.

Also, this income is not from PWI alone; that would be silly. You're looking at a far bigger playerbase then 100k people.

---

This anni pack event; I predict it will end on the 12th Nov - it will then have lasted a full month.
  • yorumi
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And trust me on this, but a casual gamer will not see 45m as "nothing". I know this because my guild is full of casual gamers, and they know they will never have a legendery pet.

On another note, subs go for 50k on Sanc, and there are probably a lot more farmers aswell. TT1-1 mats are near worthless.

I find this is because casual players want everything handed to them on a silver platter and are unwilling to work for anything. I've known lots of players who play less than 15 hours a week and still manage to get some great gear in these games. I just get sick of the "i don't play much so give me everything" attitude. Come on they can't put in 90, or heck double it, 180 hours in a reasonable amount of time? Unless they play less than an hour a day that's not an unreachable goal, and if they do play less than an hour a day they kind of picked the wrong game.

I'm all for taking player's play time into consideration but the "casual" player has taken this to ridiculous extremes over the years. At some point you have to be willing to play the game to get something.
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yorumi wrote: »
    I find this is because casual players want everything handed to them on a silver platter and are unwilling to work for anything. I've known lots of players who play less than 15 hours a week and still manage to get some great gear in these games. I just get sick of the "i don't play much so give me everything" attitude. Come on they can't put in 90, or heck double it, 180 hours in a reasonable amount of time? Unless they play less than an hour a day that's not an unreachable goal, and if they do play less than an hour a day they kind of picked the wrong game.

I'm all for taking player's play time into consideration but the "casual" player has taken this to ridiculous extremes over the years. At some point you have to be willing to play the game to get something.

They play the game for fun. They do not ask for these things; and certainly not on a silver platter.

Breaking your back grinding TT and doing boring circle farms around mats is not fun in their books, especially if they have only 1-2 hours game time per day.

If you want to talk about silver platters; talk about cashshoppers who can beat all your hard fought for gear with a few right clicks.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yorumi wrote: »
    Back on topic just to repeat something I said, I just don't get why people think this is so much money. Sure you can't get a legendary pet at level 1 without spending real money but come on you shouldn't expect one then. MMOs are big games, they're supposed to be played for a long time, people fight the same boss in other games for months to get a single drop. A legendary pet on the other hand takes, what? a week at higher levels to get.

A friend of mine is a veno, he started going for it at level 1. Coincidentally, about 5 minutes after he began playing. By the time he was level 50 he had a herc. Gold at the time was 300-400k.
    These would be Dreamweaver's prices I assume. I was talking about the old servers, and did not take into account making a veno on one of the new ones, which is a good point - but even in the new servers its nothing like it was before. Most PWI players are casual gamers. They will not be able to do what you did.

Yes, DW prices. 100k subs, TT1-1 items are near worthless but I wouldn't tell anyone to try and fund a herc that way anyways. Even when they were worth something they simply paid for subs, the profit came from the mirage drops really, and with mirage values decreasing and mirage not dropping in 1-1 that's not viable. Fortunately, that's not the only method out there to make coin. Being a casual player though has nothing to do with doing what I did, or even what my friend did. 180 million (500k gold) is 180 hours, whether you play for 24 hours a day which would take 7.5 days, or 2 hours a day which would take 90 days it's still 180 hours. Although, since it's always possible to reinvest money as you make it, even the 2 hour/day (14 hour/week) player would do it in quite a bit less than 90 days.

Nothing is relative to your willingness to make coin. A level 50 is entirely capable of making over 3 million by playing 2 hours a day. Learning how is the trick. For some level 90+ 1 million is a lot, that's because they don't want to or don't know how to make coin. For others it's pocket change.
    Well I don't know, you tell me. They made 94m USD in 2008. An impresive figure for sure, but it did not suit them; clearly they wanted more or else we wouldn't have these constant sales. Would that be greed?

"excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves"

So you don't feel that 94 million is greedy, but going above that is greedy? Wouldn't that mean you feel 94 million is ok only because you don't have another frame of reference? What if the year before they made 1 million, would 94 million then be greedy? They're a corporation so their purpose is to make money, there's not a single corporation out there that runs on any other philosophy than to make profit, the mentality is no different than any other (especially publicly traded companies), so why is PWI the only greedy one?

Also, there's an important distinction between being greedy and not deserving what you get. Greed is a driving force that pushes people/companies to create new products so they can get money, a larger market share, or whatever else. There's nothing wrong with that so long as goals are obtained honestly. If a person or company starts scamming people there's a problem with it legally (and maybe morally/ethically, but morals and ethics are subjective and what one person sees as wrong another can see as just fine) but the act of being driven by greed isn't bad. Do you own a home? If yes, why did you want one? If it's because you wanted your own place, you're being driven by greed. Do you have any income? If yes, why do you have income? Is it because there's things out there you want? There's nothing wrong with greed, it's a motivator for individuals and companies to become better in the future.
    PW is most certainly excessively trying to acquire more weatlh; don't need to question that. But does PW deserve 94m USD in pure profit in your opinion? More so, do you think they deserve to have even more, as 2009 will show?

Yes they do, they deserve every last bit of it. The reason is because people voluntarily gave them the money, and PWE didn't lie about it, they were mostly upfront about what they were selling and what was being purchased (I do think it's wrong they don't publish the odds of getting items from things like JJ, annivesary packs, and so on though. Relying on a third party database that doesn't get updated sucks). Essentially, they found a product people either wanted, needed, or desired and sold it at a price point people found acceptable. Because of that they deserve anything they get out of it.
    Take into account at how many bugs PWI has, and how many times they have been asked to be fixed. Also take into account at how the playerbase is treated as a whole.

All games are like this, it sucks and I certainly won't argue that point, but it's something the entire industry is guilty of. Not just MMO's, but every single game company out there. It's just part of the reality of software development, even non games have this happen, and of course when you're doing a major expansion bug fixes typically get pushed back to the expansion itself, as that helps to keep the code more similar, which makes the whole process go smoother.
    This anni pack event; I predict it will end on the 12th Nov - it will then have lasted a full month.

I wish they were permanent myself. If good gear is going to be available in the CS, I would like to see it not be a temporary thing only as that means only those that spend cash directly are able to benefit. Not to mention, the items that come from tokens help out with expenses (even with high gold, life is cheaper). And of course, what it does for sage/demon skills, it's nice seeing those be a bit more available now.
  • yorumi
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They play the game for fun. They do not ask for these things; and certainly not on a silver platter.

Breaking your back grinding TT and doing boring circle farms around mats is not fun in their books, especially if they have only 1-2 hours game time per day.

If you want to talk about silver platters; talk about cashshoppers who can beat all your hard fought for gear with a few right clicks.

Trust me I hate the anniversary packs. First off "they play for fun" oh and the rest of us don't? If they don't want it handed to them then what do you call it when they don't want to put in the effort to get it? However, this is exactly what I was talking about, they can get it, they've just chosen not to work for it, and the result of that choice is they don't get a legendary pet. My point is you have to forth some effort to get anything worthwhile(usually, there's enough rants already about packs), if you choose not to then you don't deserve it just cause you don't play a lot.

The "casual" player is brought up all the time as some sob story about why we should give everything away for virtually no effort. Oh they can't reach max level in under a month we have to make leveling easier, oh they can't farm dungeons for gear we have to make that easier to get, oh they can't be bothered to farm money give them easy money. Making money is not unreasonable even with low play times at 70,80,90 whatever, unwillingness to work is not evidence that prices are too high.

I have nothing against players with low play times, I'm against those who are unwilling to work and want things free. Plenty of casual players acquire great gear because they spend their time properly. Play time is not much of a factor in the ability to get something, willingness to work for it is.
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lots of stuff

tl:dr

Whatever you said; its your opinion. Everyone has their own. If you are happy with it, then fine, I won't say otherwise and I am pleased you take your opinions so seriously. However I am not going to read an essay on them.

All my questions where rhetorical.

@ yorumi

I think you are missing my point; in the old days you could get a legendery pet with just a few hours of gaming a day, like I did. Today it takes far longer. No, its not impossible - no one said it was, just takes longer. Thats all there is to it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    45 million is nothing. At level 65 I was getting 700k an hour without a herc or nix by farming TT1-1 in solo mode non stop. That was only 64 hours to get a herc, took me two or three weeks. Since they changed drops in there though and added BH the way to go about getting coin has changed. Now you could farm mats, 10 subs an hour is doable, a friend of mine did it actually. Seeing as how subs are worth 100k each right now, that's a million an hour. A 90 million pet is 90 hours, again it's not much when you take into account what it could buy.
    Again, I'll point out that with gold around 500k, making 1 million/hr works out to a pay rate of $2/hr. If you got a part-time minimum wage job making a net $5/hr after taxes, 90 million (180 gold) would take you just 36 hours.

If grinding or mining mats or whatever other money-making scheme in-game is boring for you, you might as well get a boring RL part-time job and convert your paycheck to Zen. You would be making the equivalent of 2.5-3.5 mil/hr. In both cases you are trading one commodity (your time) for another (PW gold). So might as well go for what gets you the most coin in the least time.
    These would be Dreamweaver's prices I assume. I was talking about the old servers, [...]

Ultimate sub prizes right now are depressed because you can make them from anniversary pack tokens. I'm a little skeptical about 50k subs since that would correspond to a 14k token price with practically no profit margin. Anyone selling subs for that price would need to be getting tokens at about 12k to be making a respectable profit. On HT, tokens are ranging from 16-17k, with subs around 65k-75k.

Interesting note on TT1-1 mats. The price on chienten edges has gone up on HT. From about 35k when gold was around 100k, to about 50k when gold was around 300k, to about 75k-100k now. Either his drop rate was nerfed, or higher level players are not bothering to do TT1-1, causing a shortage.
    That's based on global sales. From what I understand, their playerbase in China alone is > 1 mil.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Fun to them is Crazy Stone and World Quest right? Seriously, anyone that does play this game for fun (PvE) would have no problem affording Legendarys. Aside from FF, Dueling, PvP: all the fun stuff generates coin!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Again, I'll point out that with gold around 500k, making 1 million/hr works out to a pay rate of $2/hr. If you got a part-time minimum wage job making a net $5/hr after taxes, 90 million (180 gold) would take you just 36 hours.

If grinding or mining mats or whatever other money-making scheme in-game is boring for you, you might as well get a boring RL part-time job and convert your paycheck to Zen. You would be making the equivalent of 2.5-3.5 mil/hr. In both cases you are trading one commodity (your time) for another (PW gold). So might as well go for what gets you the most coin in the least time.

I would agree with that, but it assumes the persons free time allows them the hours to work in a job. Someone may be watching a kid, only have free time in say 2-3 hour blocks, irregular hours, or they may be in a town where there are literally zero places hiring (my town for example hasn't had a single job in the help wanted ads for 3 months now) all of which would mean the idea of getting another job and working for a pet doesn't work. If someone is working already, they'll have disposable income they can put towards it though. Some people however are committed to playing for free regardless of how much of an inconvenience it is.

At this point, cash is pretty much always going to be faster, but there are legitimate reasons cash isn't an option for a person.
    Ultimate sub prizes right now are depressed because you can make them from anniversary pack tokens. I'm a little skeptical about 50k subs since that would correspond to a 14k token price with practically no profit margin. Anyone selling subs for that price would need to be getting tokens at about 12k to be making a respectable profit. On HT, tokens are ranging from 16-17k, with subs around 65k-75k.

Without tokens, subs are 100k on DW and mats are 5k each. With tokens, subs run about 65k and mats are still 5k each. The mats can always be sold to people doing BH. The result is that tokens haven't actually changed how profitable farming those mats are.
    Interesting note on TT1-1 mats. The price on chienten edges has gone up on HT. From about 35k when gold was around 100k, to about 50k when gold was around 300k, to about 75k-100k now. Either his drop rate was nerfed, or higher level players are not bothering to do TT1-1, causing a shortage.

My guess would be, people stopped doing 1-1 because the removal of mirages from Chin and LoP brought the value per kill down a lot. Plus subs rising over time as more people have leveled up and become capable of doing TT ended up increasing the cost to run it.
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you are here to just in enjoy the game then don't worry about it. Basically, if you didn't start saving BEFORE September, and you DO NOT want to cash shop for the packs...you are screwed. Hercs apparently pay off in the long run...so best choice for a PvE server. If you want to spend centuries farming like a jackarse with no bloody life, then you can save for a nix down the road! OMG!..But yes a nix is imo a must first in a PvP server...

Cheers!b:bye
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Basically, if you didn't start saving BEFORE September, and you DO NOT want to cash shop for the packs...you are screwed.

Brael has pointed out many times how this is very much not the case. If anything, things have only gotten better since they've nerfed the prices of nearly everything that isn't CS, and there's a surplus of used equips.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    and you DO NOT want to cash shop for the packs...you are screwed.
    If you give up before you start, you will never get them. I've found that the biggest challenge to making money is attitude. If you think you can't do it, you'll probably fail. You might try cat shopping or grinding for a bit, grow disillusioned, and quit.

If you think you can do it, you will be persistent and tweak things until you find something that works. It's why I talk about the money that I make. It's not to brag, it's to show people that it's possible so they don't give up when what they try doesn't work.
  • arabicforce
    arabicforce Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you give up before you start, you will never get them. I've found that the biggest challenge to making money is attitude. If you think you can't do it, you'll probably fail. You might try cat shopping or grinding for a bit, grow disillusioned, and quit.

If you think you can do it, you will be persistent and tweak things until you find something that works. It's why I talk about the money that I make. It's not to brag, it's to show people that it's possible so they don't give up when what they try doesn't work.

lol u are talking about small amounts ..... but 140 mil for herc is like unbelievable. There is a lot of tricks to make money .... but 140 mil
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol u are talking about small amounts ..... but 140 mil for herc is like unbelievable. There is a lot of tricks to make money .... but 140 mil

Some items are being sold for 250,000,000 (250m) coins like a +10vit, +2m/s +500pdef etc cape . I aim to get one eventually w/o cash. Of course I'd rather have a Herc and Nix and many other costly things than the cape, but done that already. Not to brag, just saying it's not so difficult. I am far from being as good as Brael at the coin making, and she offers her tips here for everyone also.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    My shop currently earns about 2-5 mil a day on about 20-35 mil in sales volume. If I get lucky and spot good deals or get a big buyer, I've broken 10 mil in a day. I've spent a grand total of $10 on this game (for a super inventory extension stone back when I first started). I've got probably 200-300 mil worth of stuff in my bank. I've collected most of the badges I need for the weapon of the sages when I hit 90, because getting the 200 mil I'd need to buy 35k rep is a realistic goal. In fact the hardest part is not going to be money, it'll be the strength and courage badges since they're from an event that happens just once a week.

I don't say this to brag, I'm saying it to show you what is possible. I am not doing anything special. I don't grind, I don't do TT for mats (unless some guildies want it - I usually wind up subbing and I handle all the selling and coin distribution for them). The spreadsheets I make to analyze pricing use elementary school-level math, like that price conversion chart I made for SoF/Phoenix Feathers. I bug my higher level friends for price estimates on new mats and items I encounter, and jot them down for future reference. Like I said, it is about attitude. With apologies to Yoda, if you don't think you can do it, you will fail. OTOH, if you think "If that guy can do it, I can do it too," and persevere, you will find a way to succeed.

My biggest concern right now is that I've about reached the limit of how much sales volume I can push through my cat shop with the items I'm selling. If I want to make more per day, I'm going to have to sell other (probably more expensive) stuff. So I'm having to learn pricing on those items and how well they sell from scratch again. In other words, you know as much as I currently do about the market for the new items I'm trying to sell.

I'll probably **** up a few times at the beginning - buy too much of something that doesn't sell well, or sell stuff for a lot less than I could get for it, etc. But it's all part of the learning process. Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. You have to look for the good in any setbacks you encounter, instead of looking at just the bad and letting yourself get discouraged.

If you look back at my early posting history (not sure the search function even goes back that far), you'll see that I stumbled upon cat shopping completely by accident. I was broke, and trying to see how much I could make grinding for hay off antelope pups. I put some of the DQ items on a cat shop instead of selling them to an NPC to see what it was like, and was amazed at how quickly they sold and how much more money I made. If I can do it, you can do it too.

Here's a freebie. I'd restricted this to just my guild, but I'll make it public. It's a spreadsheet which for a certain token price, lets you see the equivalent price of everything you can make from those tokens. So you can instantly see if you're getting a good deal or not, or what you need to set your prices at if you want to try selling the items for a profit. Just like the SoF/feather chart, everything in it is elementary school level math. (All prices are in k. Ignore the comments on the right, some of them are wrong since gold has gone up in price.)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Amep6V7-x8WNdGJQNW03Y1gtai1SWWpfdlRZSlgtX0E&hl=en
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Some items are being sold for 250,000,000 (250m) coins like a +10vit, +2m/s +500pdef etc cape . I aim to get one eventually w/o cash. Of course I'd rather have a Herc and Nix and many other costly things than the cape, but done that already. Not to brag, just saying it's not so difficult. I am far from being as good as Brael at the coin making, and she offers her tips here for everyone also.

There's a lot out there that are better than me, but I do ok. Unless I have a goal to work towards, I don't really give making coin a whole lot of attention. 12 days ago I had 233 coin, not 233 million, 233 thousand, just 233, with about 35k in equipment repairs to deal with. Right now I'm sitting on about 20 million, and another 60 million in items to sell. I've also recently given about 35 million of items to friends.

Recently I added up what I've spent on getting my sage skills so far, and I'm at 160 million. That pretty much explains where my coin has all gone when I don't have much. Anyways, I'm not ultra wealthy or anything but I'm pretty good at finding more efficient ways to do things or getting the coin I need for any given item, but I don't keep much coin on hand usually and that's my big downfall as I can't continually reinvest it as a result.
  • Yurikko - Lost City
    Yurikko - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yes the prices have increased dramatically since their release, I got mine (both herc and nix), approx, 4-6months after they were released and I paid approx. 50mil total.
    And if you're smart you can actually earn that in a very short amount of time without having to use cash at all.

And while they are nice pets to have, allowing you to solo things you'd usually need a barb for, however there are bosses that will still clean the floor with a herc, as things like curse can't be purified like you would with a barb. And really the normal pets aren't that bad, yes they don't kill as fast as a nix or tank hits as well as a herc, but they do the main job which is keeping mobs off you.

Before I had a nix, my main pet was the Tabby Plumdrop, it never lost aggro, it dealt decent damage, and it only required one heal per mob, which isn't too bad really, stop complaining you can't afford things. Do what everyone else who paid in coin did, and work hard.

A veno can easily grind up 1-2mil in a day if you get decent drop rates. Vending also does help.
  • arabicforce
    arabicforce Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yes the prices have increased dramatically since their release, I got mine (both herc and nix), approx, 4-6months after they were released and I paid approx. 50mil total.
    And if you're smart you can actually earn that in a very short amount of time without having to use cash at all.

And while they are nice pets to have, allowing you to solo things you'd usually need a barb for, however there are bosses that will still clean the floor with a herc, as things like curse can't be purified like you would with a barb. And really the normal pets aren't that bad, yes they don't kill as fast as a nix or tank hits as well as a herc, but they do the main job which is keeping mobs off you.

Before I had a nix, my main pet was the Tabby Plumdrop, it never lost aggro, it dealt decent damage, and it only required one heal per mob, which isn't too bad really, stop complaining you can't afford things. Do what everyone else who paid in coin did, and work hard.

A veno can easily grind up 1-2mil in a day if you get decent drop rates. Vending also does help.

1mil a day which mean that I will need 140 days to get it ...
    I am not even saying that the others pet are bad and I am not complaining about anything ... Herc was 20 mil like 6 month ago. Now it is 140 mil .... Why would I have to grind more than the ppl that could get it for 20 mil ? is it my fault if I discovered perfect world only 2 month ago ? no it is not
    The price must stay always the same except if there is a MAJOR update or new classes in the game
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1mil a day which mean that I will need 140 days to get it ...
    I am not even saying that the others pet are bad and I am not complaining about anything ... Herc was 20 mil like 6 month ago. Now it is 140 mil .... Why would I have to grind more than the ppl that could get it for 20 mil ? is it my fault if I discovered perfect world only 2 month ago ? no it is not
    The price must stay always the same except if there is a MAJOR update or new classes in the game

Herc was around 180gold 6 months ago, it is still 180gold now. The price has not changed. Sometimes you can get them for less, if you buy your packs during a sale.

If you want to play inflation free, than pay with RL money, none of the prices in cash shop have gone up, in fact, quite a few have come down in price, like some of the mounts, and some of the fashion.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Arabic - Lost City
    Arabic - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Herc was around 180gold 6 months ago, it is still 180gold now. The price has not changed. Sometimes you can get them for less, if you buy your packs during a sale.

If you want to play inflation free, than pay with RL money, none of the prices in cash shop have gone up, in fact, quite a few have come down in price, like some of the mounts, and some of the fashion.

I am talking about the ppl that pay herc with coin ...
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I am talking about the ppl that pay herc with coin ...

That seems to be their choice to have that problem... they want to get them for free, they have to deal with a more volatile market and coin/gold exchange rates.

However, the price for the legendary pets has not changed. If you choose to buy them with Zimbabwe Dollars con't complain as you need more and more of them to buy the same thing.

Items price if fix to gold. Exchange rate of coins to gold depends on players.
    Go babysit for a few weekends and you will be able to buy a herc, or go mowe people's lawns for a month or two. If you were to work at fast food restaurant, you would be able to buy a legendary pet in less than a week, even after taxes.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Arabic - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That seems to be their choice to have that problem... they want to get them for free, they have to deal with a more volatile market and coin/gold exchange rates.

However, the price for the legendary pets has not changed. If you choose to buy them with Zimbabwe Dollars con't complain as you need more and more of them to buy the same thing.

Items price if fix to gold. Exchange rate of coins to gold depends on players.
    Go babysit for a few weekends and you will be able to buy a herc, or go mowe people's lawns for a month or two. If you were to work at fast food restaurant, you would be able to buy a legendary pet in less than a week, even after taxes.

Lol ... A player that doesn't buy gold shouldn't be disadvantaged. Thats what all the mmorpg say to their players ...
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lol ... A player that doesn't buy gold shouldn't be disadvantaged. Thats what all the mmorpg say to their players ...

They are not disadvantaged... they can still buy the ALL THE ITEMS IN CASH SHOP without having to spend a single dollar... which part of that don't you get? Now, do you want them to not even have to grind to get the cash shop items without spending any RL money?

To get Cash Shop items you have 2 choices.
    1. Use RL money, which means, work in RL.
    2. Buy gold or items with in-game coins, which means, work in-game.

Both have the exact same abilities.
  • _wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear
    _wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    im mad that the prices went up. i was saving up 20 mil for a herc or a nix(cant choose) and now the prices are so high that i cant even get one. i didnt like it when it was like 200k gold prices, but now 475k? i dont know about you all but id like it better as 200k. maybe even 120k like they were when i was a lower lvl
    edited November 2009
    Options
    im mad that the prices went up. i was saving up 20 mil for a herc or a nix(cant choose) and now the prices are so high that i cant even get one. i didnt like it when it was like 200k gold prices, but now 475k? i dont know about you all but id like it better as 200k. maybe even 120k like they were when i was a lower lvl

Prices are fair prices. That means that both gold buyers and gold sellers are happy with the price. For casual gold buyers, it just means you have to work in-game a little more, but its not that big of a deal when it really comes down to it.
  • Arabic - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They are not disadvantaged... they can still buy the ALL THE ITEMS IN CASH SHOP without having to spend a single dollar... which part of that don't you get? Now, do you want them to not even have to grind to get the cash shop items without spending any RL money?

To get Cash Shop items you have 2 choices.
    1. Use RL money, which means, work in RL.
    2. Buy gold or items with in-game coins, which means, work in-game.

Both have the exact same abilities.

K so u mean that a players who grinds 140 days to get herc is as much advantaged as someone who has a job and can get it in 1 day ?
    I dont think it is pretty fair....
    edited November 2009
    Options
    K so u mean that a players who grinds 140 days to get herc is as much advantaged as someone who has a job and can get it in 1 day ?
    I dont think it is pretty fair....

Of course it is fair. Both are working for something. The player that grinds chooses to not use any RL coins, and he is still able to get the same item, right?

So it is very fair.

If the game had items that you could only get with RL cash, than I could see it as not being totaly fair for non-cash shoppers, but since this game lets every single item be traded, and on top of that, it lets people buy gold directly (almost no game lets people do that) with coin, I fail to see where this is unfair.

Keep in mind that players that do not spend RL money are the ones that set the price for which gold sells for coins. The coin sellers in the game are the ones that cause gold prices to raise.
  • Arabic - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Of course it is fair. Both are working for something. The player that grinds chooses to not use any RL coins, and he is still able to get the same item, right? .

I started taht post because most of the players that are trying to get herc with coin aren't able to grind 140 mil ....
    It is not everyone who can spend rl money to get it .... (Not talking about myself though )
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I started taht post because most of the players that are trying to get herc with coin aren't able to grind 140 mil ....
    It is not everyone who can spend rl money to get it .... (Not talking about myself though )

Gold is will go up and down, so the best advice was already given. Grind, and merchandise, than save your money for the right time. If you play the game without paying a dime, you have to accept that you will be working harder in-game, that is only fair.
    Also, it does not cost 140mil, unless someone is totaly clueless. Even with gold at 500k, it would "only" be 90mil. Still a chunk of change, but not as much as the 140mil people talking about.