Price of the legendary pet are crazy

Options
arabicforce
arabicforce Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Venomancer
14 k for each sof/nix ...... pretty much isn'T it ? which mean 140 mil for herc
And the price wont stop to go up ...
Those anni pack aren'T helping at all ... No one can afford herc except if u spend irl money ...
What do u think about it ? isn'T a little crazy ?
Post edited by arabicforce on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Not really.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Perhaps they are now finally at what they should be worth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Worth? Possibly, but since there's no in-game system for taking out a loan for them, it's kinda harsh to push them out into the "Completely impossible to obtain" level for new players.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Since you can do 95% of the game content solo using a non legendary pet, you are not loosing much.

Than there is 1% of content than even a legendary will not help you

The other 4% is content that you need a legendary pet to solo. However, even these 4% you can do without one if you are in a party.

Obviously, the legendary pets are the best you can get at their roles, however, you can do pretty well without using one.

And they are not impossible to obtain, it just takes some planning and dedication, and a little luck.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    100 million? Without a legendary pet to grind out instances? You'll have died of old age before that.

Agreed on the squad thing, though - certainly the most fun way to experience the game. Though squads are much happier to have you if you've got the herc (rightly or wrongly)

I have found one other REALLY good use for a legendary pet though. They can let me play even when I have five to seven *seconds* of lag. (I wish that were an exaggeration) Normal pets won't survive that much innattention.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Since you can do 95% of the game content solo using a non legendary pet, you are not loosing much.

The other 4% is content that you need a legendary pet to solo. However, even these 4% you can do without one if you are in a party.

Obviously, the legendary pets are the best you can get at their roles, however, you can do pretty well without using one.

And they are not impossible to obtain, it just takes some planning and dedication, and a little luck.

Got to agree with this. I got to level 89 without a herc and didn't really miss having it. No problems with finding squads, no problems with grinding or leveling. Only thing - I had to count on others bit more.

Reason why I got it is because of Delta and tanking 3-1 bosses. And I got a little nice extra from it too - aoe grind. You can be more independent as you already have "tank" and "healer" for it. already. Want to run TT with others? just call few people - a cleric, DDs and maybe another veno for pulling.

I don't really see why new players should get herc early. I would be even happier if herc would have some higher level requirements. In my opinion, herc spoils lower level venos and they don't learn few things they could learn while doing it in bit more harsh way. Without herc you learn to count on your own skills and less on pet.
  • duckspell
    duckspell Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

You know that 82.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot?
    edited November 2009
    Options
    duckspell wrote: »
    You know that 82.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

The number I was thinking was 91% with up to 91% margin of error. I wonder what is the margin of error on your numbers is.
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Honestly, I like the price challenge of obtaining a herc. If you're a lowbie, you should learn what the basic mechanics of a veno are before you should even think of beginning to gather for a herc/nix. Too often do I see 'mancers with a phoenix wondering why they can't use it in an instance, or spelling mobs before their pet has aggro, and wondering why they get hit.

There's a reason that they get called legendary pets. Similar to Twilight Temple Gear, there's a modicum of challenge that has to be required in obtaining them. If it's cheap/handed out, what's the point of calling them rare?
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The amount of threads complaining about prices is crazy.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • arabicforce
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hmmm I am not complaining lol
    It would be nice if they could fix the price
    The prob is that the price are going up very fast lol
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hmmm I am not complaining lol
    The prob is that the price are going up very fast lol

The price has not changed since the legendary pets came out, so there is nothing to fix.

It still averages around 180 gold, unless you get the packs while on sale.
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The price has not changed since the legendary pets came out, so there is nothing to fix.

The relative price HAS changed, however for a gold buyer using coin.

The gold price may be around the same, but the coin price has skyrocketed in response to the upward price pressure on gold because of anni packs. At 500k per gold, that's 90 million coin on average (using 180 gold as the average for the cost in gold). Before, the price was around 200k per gold, so around 36 million on average).

But, eh, that's how the free market works.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    Options

It is fixed.
  • arabicforce
    edited November 2009
    Options

The problem is that the ppl that will use coin to buy it will spend 140 mil lol

I am not talking about the ppl that pay it with zen
  • yorumi
    yorumi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't see where 140 mil is all that bad. Given the rate I can farm coins at level 40 if I put my mind to it I could have one of these in 3 months or less. I've spent more than 3 months getting a single drop in other games, and these pets at least in the current game are final, the last pets you'll ever need. Not to mention this is all based on level 40 for god's sake, the higher your level the faster you farm. Beyond that if a person knows they need these and starts saving their money wisely from level 1 by the time you get to higher levels where you want to get one you'll have put a good dent in the cost.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I am not talking about the ppl that pay it with zen

In a way you do. Making legendary pets cheaper means that the people who buy zen with real cash can get their pet a lot cheaper too.

Since PWI wants us to buy gold with real cash, they won't drop the price. Especially now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • arabicforce
    edited November 2009
    Options
    In a way you do. Making legendary pets cheaper means that the people who buy zen with real cash can get their pet a lot cheaper too.

Since PWI wants us to buy gold with real cash, they won't drop the price. Especially now.

Pwi doesn'T care about losing member I guess lol ... anni pack are still there and the pwi economy is death
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Pwi doesn'T care about losing member I guess lol ... anni pack are still there and the pwi economy is death

They won't lose players to this as there are other pets to choose from.It is best to wait for sale and try to scrim.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you don't buy Zen with $$$ or gold from the auctioneer, it doesn't really matter to them whether or not you quit. The only way a free player makes money for them is via indirect gold sales - you buy gold via the auctioneer. But the free players complain about the price of gold at the auctioneer and try to put together protests to stop buying gold.

This is precisely the opposite of what you should be doing if you want PWI to think you're more important to their revenue stream. If they look at the server statistics and see that every day there's $10,000 spent on gold, but only 1000 gold is sold via the auctioneer, they know 90% of their income is from cash shoppers and the free players are relatively unimportant. OTOH if 5000 gold is sold via the auctioneer, then they know 50% of their income is due to free players buying gold from cash shoppers, and so free players are important.

Dropping the price of the battle pet packs like in a sale doesn't affect the amount of coin you'll pay much. The price of gold is an average value of the best items in the cash shop. If they drop the price on a popular item (e.g. a sale on dragon orbs, battle pet packs), buyers just bid up the price of gold until the amount you'll pay in coin is about the same during the sale as it was before the sale.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i got my herc at level 87
    golem is just harder when it come to hold lot mobs ( reflect on herc help a lot )
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Mystiwarrior - Sanctuary
    Mystiwarrior - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

This is precisely the opposite of what you should be doing if you want PWI to think you're more important to their revenue stream. If they look at the server statistics and see that every day there's $10,000 spent on gold, but only 1000 gold is sold via the auctioneer, they know 90% of their income is from cash shoppers and the free players are relatively unimportant. OTOH if 5000 gold is sold via the auctioneer, then they know 50% of their income is due to free players buying gold from cash shoppers, and so free players are important.
    Where do these stats come from on site?
  • Stelacria - Heavens Tear
    Stelacria - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Where do these stats come from on site?

He's giving an example of how their thinking process would work.

Personally I wish hercs (and phoenixes) would have an exception to being able to be fed by books. That way not only does it cost a ton to have the strongest pet initially, but it's a constant drain on resources and forces you to utilize it only for situations where you can maximize its use. I do have a herc and all... but I leveled for ~75 levels without it and now things sometimes seem a tad too easy.
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    AuroraXT - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm so glad I got my herc and nix before the gold skyrocketed. I feel kinda sorry for new venos who want a legendary pet, getting one is nearly impossible right now (without real $).

Just wait until anni pack sale is over and there is a battle pack sale, should cut down the cost by a margain.

Payed 40m for both back then, it seemed a lot...
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm so glad I got my herc and nix before the gold skyrocketed. I feel kinda sorry for new venos who want a legendary pet, getting one is nearly impossible right now (without real $).

I don't feel sorry at all. There are many in game equips that I paid a good deal of coin for that are now much cheaper. Veno's operating costs are a lot less now, and Legendary Pets are still very much affordable for non cash shoppers. The price of gold HAD to go up. I was making enough coin to possibly make a living off selling it (illegaly) at the old rate. Sure, I might have got lucky buying my Legendarys early, but unlucky at buying Mistys, Steppenwolf Lords, Sleeves of Sea Captain, apocolypse pages, tt mats, etc etc. People should be complaining about having the value of their stuff trashed, not having the price of gold be what it SHOULD be.
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    I don't feel sorry at all. There are many in game equips that I paid a good deal of coin for that are now much cheaper. Veno's operating costs are a lot less now, and Legendary Pets are still very much affordable for non cash shoppers. The price of gold HAD to go up. I was making enough coin to possibly make a living off selling it (illegaly) at the old rate. Sure, I might have got lucky buying my Legendarys early, but unlucky at buying Mistys, Steppenwolf Lords, Sleeves of Sea Captain, apocolypse pages, tt mats, etc etc. People should be complaining about having the value of their stuff trashed, not having the price of gold be what it SHOULD be.

Is 45m per pet "very much affordable" to non cash shoppers? I'm not so sure. That's 90m for both, provided the gold is back to 250k and no pack sale occurs. Even now, 90m is a lot of money, even to cashshoppers, and unless you're near endgame you won't be seeing anywhere near that amount appear in your coin box.

To new starting out venos, getting a herc before lvl70 (as I did) is nearly impossible; and thats why I said I feel kind of sorry; they won't get to enjoy making money like we did back then.

I can see why one would not feel sorry though, I myself was kind of annoyed when a pet pack sale came on and a friendly veno got a herc for less then 15m (back when 5m was 5m, and not pocket money).

Although I agree that the price of gold had to go up, as the servers matured, coin inflow increased and devs got greedier it was inevitable anyway.
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Although I agree that the price of gold had to go up, as the servers matured, coin inflow increased and devs got greedier it was inevitable anyway.

Why call the devs greedy? They're the ones working for ?? How about all the greedy players who want everything for nothing and point the finger at others?
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Why call the devs greedy? They're the ones working for ?? How about all the greedy players who want everything for nothing and point the finger at others?

If I'm not mistaken PW's annual net profit was $94m in 2008.

http://www.chinatechnews.com/2009/03/02/9075-online-games-perfect-world-posts-quarterly-profit-drop

Not happy with such a large figure, they decided to push things further by introducing anniversary packs. Twice.

You may be right that the players are greedy, in fact you are - we are all greedy by nature, but the devs have done a skillful job at exploiting that greed, and if the above figure is correct, then I don't see how the devs don't deserve to share the same designation.
  • arabicforce
    edited November 2009
    Options

Just wait until anni pack sale is over and there is a battle pack sale, should cut down the cost by a margain.

Payed 40m for both back then, it seemed a lot...

Lol yea thats what I am planning to do but .... when will this event end lol ? no one know ... they just said in november
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Is 45m per pet "very much affordable" to non cash shoppers? I'm not so sure. That's 90m for both, provided the gold is back to 250k and no pack sale occurs. Even now, 90m is a lot of money, even to cashshoppers, and unless you're near endgame you won't be seeing anywhere near that amount appear in your coin box.

To new starting out venos, getting a herc before lvl70 (as I did) is nearly impossible; and thats why I said I feel kind of sorry; they won't get to enjoy making money like we did back then.

I can see why one would not feel sorry though, I myself was kind of annoyed when a pet pack sale came on and a friendly veno got a herc for less then 15m (back when 5m was 5m, and not pocket money).

45 million is nothing. At level 65 I was getting 700k an hour without a herc or nix by farming TT1-1 in solo mode non stop. That was only 64 hours to get a herc, took me two or three weeks. Since they changed drops in there though and added BH the way to go about getting coin has changed. Now you could farm mats, 10 subs an hour is doable, a friend of mine did it actually. Seeing as how subs are worth 100k each right now, that's a million an hour. A 90 million pet is 90 hours, again it's not much when you take into account what it could buy.

At higher levels the amount of coin that could be made is even higher.
    If I'm not mistaken PW's annual net profit was $94m in 2008.

http://www.chinatechnews.com/2009/03/02/9075-online-games-perfect-world-posts-quarterly-profit-drop

Not happy with such a large figure, they decided to push things further by introducing anniversary packs. Twice.

You may be right that the players are greedy, in fact you are - we are all greedy by nature, but the devs have done a skillful job at exploiting that greed, and if the above figure is correct, then I don't see how the devs don't deserve to share the same designation.

How does that make them greedy? That makes them successful, something most MMO's don't do. Especially ones with a playerbase in the 50-100k range. There's plenty of MMO's out there with over 100k people that don't make 94 million profit in a year. Infact, at 16/month an MMO would need 489584 players to bring in 94 million a year gross, not profit. That number is very impressive for them.