Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary
    TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yesterday I saw another player type on world chat that they were getting paid on friday and was gonna dump $500 into getting more gold! Really? $500?! Anyone who dumps hundreds, or even thousands of dollars into this, or any other mmorpg, need their head examined. Honestly it would be cheaper to go with one that had a monthly fee. Plus let us not forget of those who dumped money into this game only to get banned for having an opinion.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yesterday I saw another player type on world chat that they were getting paid on friday and was gonna dump $500 into getting more gold! Really? $500?! Anyone who dumps hundreds, or even thousands of dollars into this, or any other mmorpg, need their head examined. Honestly it would be cheaper to go with one that had a monthly fee. Plus let us not forget of those who dumped money into this game only to get banned for having an opinion.

Apparently that person is very happy with the game. However, if they are only spending $500 than they are not even close to heavy cash shoppers...

Although it may be hard to understand to some people, there are plenty of people out there that are very rich in RL, and $500 is nothing to them. If they were not spending it in this game, as intertainment, they would be blowing it somewhere else. Think of it this way, for some people $500 is the same as someone spending 25 cents on some gum. Don't be jelous and make offensive comments, people are free to spend their money where and how they want, just be happy they are spending it on this game, so they are in fact paying for the game for quite a few people that play for free.

Some people like to spend money in cars, others in wine, or beer, or art, or movies, or bottled water, and some people like to spend money in mmos. If they have the disposable income, they will be spending it somewhere.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009

If they enjoy the game and don't mind spending on it, and can spend on it, then why should they get their head checked? What about those who buy expensive cars for show / display purposes, giant TVs, or anything for that matter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Obviously you missed the point that these people greatly contribute to the downfall of this game, ruining it for all us poor people who work hard for a living, instead of just having money handed to us without doing a thing to have earned it, like Paris Hilton.

Plus, this game is advertised as being free. Where is the free part?
    edited November 2009
    Obviously you missed the point that these people greatly contribute to the downfall of this game, ruining it for all us poor people who work hard for a living, instead of just having money handed to us without doing a thing to have earned it, like Paris Hilton.

Plus, this game is advertised as being free. Where is the free part?

Actualy, those people are the reason this game is around, they pay for the game, while lots of us get to play for free.

If you have a problem with rich people, you need to seek help somewhere. It is not their fault you are not rich. Deal with it, and they do not owe you a thing.

The free part is that you do not need a single item in the cash shop to play this game. If you do not want to spend a dollar in the game, you do not have to. Unlike P2P games, where if you miss your monthly payment, your account gets blocked and you cannot play.

Want to know what ruins this game? People that play the game for free and make a ton of in-game coin than sell the coins for gold. You know, the greedy coin-sellers are what is causing the prices of gold to go up, the gold sellers can only try to sell their gold, however, it is the coin sellers that decide at what price they will buy it.

However, this is taking us away from the AnyPacks topic.

Lets pray and see what happens when the CS sales get updated tonigh....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kiralsha - Heavens Tear
    Kiralsha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It IS free to play. I guess you forgot you DO NOT have to pay for anything if you decided not to.

Yes I spent a few hundreds....yes people hate me....but I always sell things cheap. When I seen Anii packs back this morning...I sold a bunch of MP and HP charms (Gold) for 600K. I guess I am part of the downfall hm? Darn me for spending money to help people *sigh*
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'd like to know if the free-to-play business model would have actually worked. It seems to me like it would have.

How do pay-to-play MMO's stay in business? Every player is paying 30 bucks or less per month and yet they do fine.

What was wrong with the way PW used to do business? It is hard for me to believe that they were losing money but they must have been.

I was even sympathetic at one point. But they should not have to resort to this.
    edited November 2009
    Whatever, I'm done trying to have a debate with you people. Continue dumping your parents money into an online game and see where it gets you in the end. I refuse to talk to people who are nothing more than rich brats.
    edited November 2009
    I am sure with the Expansion coming out they hired more people to work *shrugs* They have to pay them, the GMs, the Mods that put up with our ****, electric, water, for the building (if not paid off) The computers they use, snack machines (gotta get the munchies), Health Care (LMAO I am asking a bit much there), phone lines and security...plus the servers. I can see where they kinda need money..plus some left over in case something happens..like a bad video card or a server melt down =P
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Some people like to spend money in cars, others in wine, or beer, or art, or movies, or bottled water, and some people like to spend money in mmos. If they have the disposable income, they will be spending it somewhere.

Exactly "Oh, I think I want to buy a new car this month." "Oh, I think I want to buy a new gaming laptop this month" "I think I'll take off to Aspen this weekend" "I want to toss PWI a grand for keeping me entertained." I worked my butt off for years to get where I am, it's my choice on how I want to spend my money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    I'd like to know if the free-to-play business model would have actually worked. It seems to me like it would have.

How do pay-to-play MMO's stay in business? Every player is paying 30 bucks or less per month and yet they do fine.

What was wrong with the way PW used to do business? It is hard for me to believe that they were losing money but they must have been.

I was even sympathetic at one point. But they should not have to resort to this.

Nothing has changed on their model... the game is still free to play. If you do not charge any gold one month, you will not find your account blocked for non-payment.
    edited November 2009
    Also on the spoiled rich brat remark..that usues parents monies...

I am disabled, on a fixed income and not living with my parents.

Go me for being Middle Classed! b:victory

Night night peeps.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2009

It's an excellent question. I think there's a difference between turning a profit and excessive greed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    It's an excellent question. I think there's a difference between turning a profit and excessive greed.

They charge you up front, than every month. You also have to pay for upgrades. The reason it works is because they can budget how much to spend in the servers, since they know how many people bought the software. Also, they count on the fact that people will get multiple accounts, so it is really not $30 per month, it ends up being $100 or more. In addition, they make leveling and aquiring end-game gear pretty easy, so once people reach it (usualy within a week or two), they get bored and start spending less time online, or get additional accounts to level up the "new classes", therefore paying extra, until the next upgrade, which they will buy.

I played P2P games before, most players I knew were paying for at least 3 accounts.

Not sure the profit and greed comments are useful or relevant, since you stated you did not know how they did it, so as far you should be concerned, p2p could be even greedier and you would not know.

@ TheGodOfVVar - It has nothing to do with being right or wrong. I can only give my opinion, based on my experiences, however, my experiences will be different than someone else's, and that is ok. You do not have to insult people that do not agree with you. It is ok to have different opinions and it is ok to still be respectful.
    edited November 2009
    Actually I played a P2P game before myself, and it was A LOT cheaper than what PWI turned into. Check your own logic before questioning someone elses.

Besides, you really wanna keep this going and continue trolling? Really? Does the troll want a cookie? You think you're right, and that's fine...even though you're not, now stfu.
  • Sesshomaru_ - Dreamweaver
    Sesshomaru_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Maybe instead of Anni Packs, we can have like sales of other items. This way the boutique wont be giving end game items out to cash players on a platter ^^. Maybe sales for dragon orbs or charms would be a good ideal; this way PWI developers will still profit and players would be more happy. With all these new gears I am sure cash players cannot wait to refine them :P, this would make the gold prices drop so that non-cash players can also purchase gold and get necessary items.

However, the 100k for anniv packs is a rather horrible idea.....That way is like giving ALL players end game gears pretty much. First it gives cash players too little advantage, meaning they wont zen, which means PWI will not be making money, meaning this online game will not work. And you cannot really expect to equate 100k for one gold/dollar. I am pretty sure that most people will say one should be able to get more than 100k for one dollar. You cannot even do much with 100k lol, and it is relatively easy to make just by grinding.
  • Roov - Heavens Tear
    Roov - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's not so much the financially well off that dump money into games like this. Usually, they're well off because they don't go blowing their money. Even if they do, it's their right to spend on what they wish. More often than not it's kids spending money they didn't really earn. They didn't earn it, so it holds no real value to them....more is an easy trip to dad's wallet. Nothing wrong with this either, they grow up to either learn or be fools, the world needs both so who cares.

The problem is when families can't afford it yet that money is still being spent on a game. I am willing to bet that a few parents out there have looked at the credit card statement and thought if only they had forked over the five bucks for a box of condoms they'd have a little more breathing room when it comes to the bills.

As for the anni packs, it does show a complete lack of care for the game's community, whether or not that is the intention. When people feel disrespected and unheard they go else where. Sure there's a big cash flow right now, and it's unlikely that will change. More are always ready to try the game out and spend a few bucks.

How it effects me personally? It doesn't. I don't play any more. Not since the first time they were re-released. Tho, that wasn't the only reason why I stopped playing, it definitely served as a sign that I made the right decision to get out while the gettin' is good.
  • haxorzz
    haxorzz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    **** you GMs!!!!!!!!!!!!! you ****ing greedy ****!!! All you care about is making more money while you **** up this game. I don't know why we even bother posting our opinions on here, they don't listen or care!
  • opietaylor
    opietaylor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well IceJazmin, it would appear now that the packs were deliberately placed back up for sale. Which now reinforces all the terror I had hoped we had surpassed.

I can now say beyond a shadow of a doubt that greediness will completely destroy and ruin this game within a few months.

It was fun while it lasted and I really hope that whoever made this decision to waste millions of player hours and years and years of lives realizes what they did by Karma giving them a very swift kick in the ****.

Goodbye PWI, you will never be the same again and are nearing the end of your life. Thanks for the good times... too bad greed has ruined yet another thing that so many people once enjoyed.
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They charge you up front, than every month. You also have to pay for upgrades. The reason it works is because they can budget how much to spend in the servers, since they know how many people bought the software. Also, they count on the fact that people will get multiple accounts, so it is really not $30 per month, it ends up being $100 or more. In addition, they make leveling and aquiring end-game gear pretty easy, so once people reach it (usualy within a week or two), they get bored and start spending less time online, or get additional accounts to level up the "new classes", therefore paying extra, until the next upgrade, which they will buy.

I played P2P games before, most players I knew were paying for at least 3 accounts.

Not sure the profit and greed comments are useful or relevant, since you stated you did not know how they did it, so as far you should be concerned, p2p could be even greedier and you would not know.

@ TheGodOfVVar - It has nothing to do with being right or wrong. I can only give my opinion, based on my experiences, however, my experiences will be different than someone else's, and that is ok. You do not have to insult people that do not agree with you. It is ok to have different opinions and it is ok to still be respectful.

Aions cheaper and both graphically and content quality it's far superior to pw. You don't need multiple accounts to have multiple characters/classes either. They also have a larger number of servers that run smoothly. So I think it's clear that PWI makes far more than sufficient amounts of cash. The game was far better when the dev cared more about the content equal to the cash in their pockets... now the scales so unbalanced.
    edited November 2009
    **** cheaper and both graphically and content quality it's far superior to pw. You don't need multiple accounts to have multiple characters/classes either. They also have a larger number of servers that run smoothly. So I think it's clear that PWI makes far more than sufficient amounts of cash. The game was far better when the dev cared more about the content equal to the cash in their pockets... now the scales so unbalanced.

I agree with what you are saying, however, the same way you do not need multiple accounts, you do not need to use cash shop in PW. It is all about options. All the p2p games I have played allow for multiclient, therefore, if one is dedicated to the game, sooner or later, one ends up getting a second or third account so one can level 2-3 characters at the same time. It does come down to want versus need, just like the cash shop.

On that game, you can also get an edge by using cash, by purchasing gold from one the 10million gold bots in the game. So, it is like this game, the people that chose to spend money, you will get an edge, however, unlike in PWI legit players have no way to catch up, unless they want to break the rules.

@ opietaylor -Nevermind.. just checked..... bah, AnyPacks still in CS... and now, Platinum Charm sale to go with it... "only" 6 gold...
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok, so I think It's obvious the majority of people DO NOT want the packs so why are they back, again, for the 3rd time? What was the point of even making this thread if you do not listen to what us, the players, want? There are so many good ideas that could be added to the game that people actually want. Why not try looking at the suggestion box? Honestly PWI is driving itself into a hole with greed and no concern for the game, I really don't want to see it end this way, so please, make updates that benefit the game.
  • JOKER_ - Heavens Tear
    JOKER_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As I'm not the one in charge of sales I currently do not have an exact date to tell you.

WTH? are you a GM or what? if you dont know an answer for such a simple question then you are just useless!!!... you should be a MOD not a GM...
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    WTH? are you a GM or what? if you dont know an answer for such a simple question then you are just useless!!!... you should be a MOD not a GM...

He told you : he is not in charge of sales. From what I can see, he's more of a community manager or something like that, so the decision on what goes in the cash shop have nothing to do with his job description.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • JOKER_ - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    He told you : he is not in charge of sales. From what I can see, he's more of a community manager or something like that, so the decision on what goes in the cash shop have nothing to do with his job description.

told me what? that his job is closing some threads? MOD can do it too!!
    community manager? ha ha ha... dude have u ever played any other MMO? there is no f excuses like: i cant answer for that question coz im not in charge of sales.... for God's sake - HE IS A GM even if he's only a community manager... if u dont know, ask "some1" and give us an answer!! pr0 community manager my ****
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    However, the 100k for anniv packs is a rather horrible idea.....That way is like giving ALL players end game gears pretty much. First it gives cash players too little advantage, meaning they wont zen, which means PWI will not be making money, meaning this online game will not work. And you cannot really expect to equate 100k for one gold/dollar. I am pretty sure that most people will say one should be able to get more than 100k for one dollar. You cannot even do much with 100k lol, and it is relatively easy to make just by grinding.

Gold used to be 100k and less. It obviously was considered 'fair' before this summer. Also, the game ran for a year before the anni packs came out-- the players won't charge zen? They did for a year.

Also-- the JJ events equate 100k to $1.

@JOKER_: Seriously, please, GTFO, yourself. Bashing the GMs and Mods ISN'T gonna make them tell you that 'information' they're 'withholding'. Thinking they could do a better job than what they're doing? Sure, do that. I do that. But insulting them does nothing to help your case, just makes you look like an ****.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    for God's sake - HE IS A GM even if he's only a community manager...

Various GMs may have various jobs. I doubt a community manager have anything to do with what goes in the cash shop or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Okay, so I've not checked what the cash shop is doing today but is Jazmin is right then there's a platinum charm sale. Plat charms for six gold... And the packs keep gold prices high at 400k cheapest, 550k or above at most expensive. So, at the cheapest price, platinum charms are going to be selling for 2.4 million. At the most expensive it could be 3.6 million or above. In truth, this isn't really too different to prices that people were selling those sorts of charms anyway. At least the devs got that price nearly spot on. But who remembers the time when, even won in the anniversary packs, platinum charms were between 2 million to 2.5 million? I know I sure as hell do, because I was trying to sell three of the darn things.

PWE is really crashing the in-game economy something terrible and it's almost painful to watch by this point. I'm not about to ragequit the game, but I'm certainly very unhappy. Many on my friends list have probably quit, never to be seen again (and I know at least two of these were themselves heavy cash shoppers) and those who haven't are slowly being driven up the wall by the high prices. I'm not exactly a "poor" player, but I'm finding that it's a struggle to certain things too. Hell, I need two golden spirits to make my TT 80 gold - and the only ones I saw before the AH bugged and Twilight Temple filters disappeared were three million a piece. Six million? For two mats? I know they're rare but they were never so expensive. And that's simply one example of the inflation - and I'm not exactly a poor player, noob nor lower level newbie. I dread to think how this game might look to some of the newer players, I'm sure some of them are struggling too if they aren't using oracles to pump their way up into the 90s at lightning speed.

For those of you blaming GMs; please note in this situation they are little more than messengers. Devs control what goes in, and out, of this game for the most part. Spoons is taking a lot of heat here from some users - heat which isn't deserved and is incredibly unfair to go around. If you want to blame anybody for this mess you need to point your finger at the devs - GMs have little control over the cash shop and mods certainly have no say in what happens. Make sure you point fingers at the right people otherwise you look like fools.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Struggling? Yes. You don't even hit the 1 mil mark until way after level 30, if you are just playing the game and not doing money-making schemes. So instead of working towards fashion and aerogear and other luxury items at 30... you'd be lucky to be working towards them at 60.

--Then again, I do know a level 50 that skipped out on skills a while back and saved up 3 mil, so I could be wrong. Either way, exception to the rule--

I even talked to a newb (level 1~15, he was asking me for advice) that, as soon as he heard about current prices and stuff, quit. I haven't seen him on since. Same goes for most of the other newbs that I've friended.

And... I remember when plat charms were 1.2 mil. b:sad
  • JOKER_ - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Various GMs may have various jobs. I doubt a community manager have anything to do with what goes in the cash shop or not.
    omg...
    that's not my point!!! if he's a community manager he should just ask a person responsible for cash shop items and give us an answer... so hard to understand??
This discussion has been closed.