Options

Comments

• Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Don't worry I'll get us back on track

QQ ANNI PACKSSS

WE ALL HATE THEM BUT THEY'RE NEVER GONNA LEAVE BECAUSE PWI LIKES MONEY OVER THEIR PLARYERSS QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Fixed b:victory

"facepalm"

Roflmao XD

Edit: Im hyperactive again... o.o'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    At this point, I may be out of place saying this; but I don't think we(the payers) or the GM's have much of an idea of what's going on. >_>;
    GM's either hide what they know or are as confused as we are.
    These packs are like... yuck, they mess up the player base, make everyone on the forums mad at each other, and miffed the game. So long as the option of getting hard earned stuff and coin is there, people will gamble to get it. ._.;
    I know not everyone that plays this game lives in America, but I do know that the country is known for it's gambling problem/addiction.
    Like inbreeding on a pony game, if the option is there without penalty, people will take the easy rout. Same goes for the packs, 10 bucks for some easy money or a chance at some awesome gear/mats/ect is pretty sweet, spread that out over about half the player base, 1000 zhen per person is a lot.

But that's just my thought on the subject. I hope they take the packs out soon. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    Homaru - Harshlands Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    At this point, I may be out of place saying this; but I don't think we(the payers) or the GM's have much of an idea of what's going on. >_>;
    GM's either hide what they know or are as confused as we are.
    These packs are like... yuck, they mess up the player base, make everyone on the forums mad at each other, and miffed the game. So long as the option of getting hard earned stuff and coin is there, people will gamble to get it. ._.;
    I know not everyone that plays this game lives in America, but I do know that the country is known for it's gambling problem/addiction.
    Like inbreeding on a pony game, if the option is there without penalty, people will take the easy rout. Same goes for the packs, 10 bucks for some easy money or a chance at some awesome gear/mats/ect is pretty sweet, spread that out over about half the player base, 1000 zhen per person is a lot.

But that's just my thought on the subject. I hope they take the packs out soon. D:

I was going to agree with you until you insulted America >.>
    b:bye
  • jushin
    jushin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I lOVE EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,keep them till next yearb:victory
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you can't voice your opinion without making accusations please do not post in this thread, it detracts from the real conversations that some players are trying to have here.
  • dydrial
    dydrial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I hate the anni packs.

Constructive criticism? What good does that do when the GMs/developers never listen?

All I can say is I've never sold gold until this whole mess, because I never had to. Now, in order to get things I need with coins I have to get gold, sell that, and MAYBE I'll have enough coin for the **** I want or need. It sure beats the rat race of farming and I certainly can't afford to make money the way I did before. I used to buy and resell clothes in AH, but gold prices have driven most items so high that non-CS players can barely make enough coins for the cheapest sets in the ugliest colors. And charms, cages, inv. stones, GS? The things we used to be able to spend a little coin to get gold and buy at a reasonable exchange rate? Not anymore. Thank God I got my nix before this mess.

Oh, and fyi, I have filled out hours of those damn surveys to get gold for stuff. It's close to being too irritating to continue and if this keeps up I'll quit like so many have. And that little bit of cash I used to spend now and then is going with me. Maybe it won't make any difference, but if it happens enough not even the big spenders will keep your jobs afloat.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And apparently not this thread. I doubt our feedback is being counted as more than "not a big enough part of the playerbase to matter".

If GMs/Devs/Whoever (if GMs are actually in on this) were really concerned about how much of the player base they're getting responses from, they'd take the time to make a quest or something ingame to answer. I'm sure they can.

I'm pretty sure it's all the Devs at this point, though. PWE is manipulating the GMs, Mods, and, unfortunately, us, like puppets on a string. And it's starting to become unprofitable to them. I just got paid yesterday-- when the anni packs were taken out, I was gonna put in some money. Wake up this morning and find this? NTY. Yeah, it was only gonna be $20~$40, but, I'm sure I'm not the only one that has stopped putting money into PWI.

When will the heavy CSers/Anni Pack buyers realize that PWE is just sucking money from them? And, that, if this continues at this rate, the game is gonna crash soon--making all the money they put in effectively useless?
    And that little bit of cash I used to spend now and then is going with me. Maybe it won't make any difference, but if it happens enough not even the big spenders will keep your jobs afloat.
    b:victory QFT, too. :D
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    dydrial wrote: »
    I hate the anni packs.

Constructive criticism? What good does that do when the GMs/developers never listen?

All I can say is I've never sold gold until this whole mess, because I never had to. Now, in order to get things I need with coins I have to get gold, sell that, and MAYBE I'll have enough coin for the **** I want or need. It sure beats the rat race of farming and I certainly can't afford to make money the way I did before. I used to buy and resell clothes in AH, but gold prices have driven most items so high that non-CS players can barely make enough coins for the cheapest sets in the ugliest colors. And charms, cages, inv. stones, GS? The things we used to be able to spend a little coin to get gold and buy at a reasonable exchange rate? Not anymore. Thank God I got my nix before this mess.

Oh, and fyi, I have filled out hours of those damn surveys to get gold for stuff. It's close to being too irritating to continue and if this keeps up I'll quit like so many have. And that little bit of cash I used to spend now and then is going with me. Maybe it won't make any difference, but if it happens enough not even the big spenders will keep your jobs afloat.

QFT

I hope spoons doesn't delete this one.
  • _Ethereal_ - Lost City
    _Ethereal_ - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Okay then.

Hey guys, the anniversary packs weren't supposed to get removed over the weekend, we apologize for the inconvenience. I'm not going to be addressing questions about the packs past this statement for a while, because at this point I have nothing to add to the conversation

According to this the anniversary packs shouldn't have been removed on November 1st.

However, When you read this:
    This box will be on sale from October 13th at 1:00am Server Time until November!

I'd say its safe to assume that most people would think once November hit, the anniversary packs would be removed according to that time frame. And in fact to most people's pleasure, and others' displeasure, they in fact were.

After reading the first quote, it seems to me that the removal wasn't suppose to happen and it was just a glich, bug, or mistake. Yet after reading the second post I would be led to believe that the anni packs were supposed to be removed.

Why does the event time-frame not add up with what you said above in an earlier post?

(Not an accusation)
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    To be honest, what I wanna know is when they're going to look at the poll on this thread and be like oh man, maybe we should worry about our players.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=497872
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you notice from looking at the news posts, I always give an end date specifically when I am provided with one, but when I'm not given one I can't just make one upb:surrender
  • _Ethereal_ - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you notice from looking at the news posts, I always give an end date specifically when I am provided with one, but when I'm not given one I can't just make one upb:surrender

Hey spoons, if you could control the sales on anni packs, what would you do? Seeing as you've had to unfairly (yet fairly, cuz sadly, it comes with the job being a game/community manager) deal with the QQ from hundreds of people, I feel curious about your response.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey spoons, if you could control the sales on anni packs, what would you do? Seeing as you've had to unfairly (yet fairly, cuz sadly, it comes with the job being a game/community manager) deal with the QQ from hundreds of people, I feel curious about your response.

He can't respond to this, he works for pwi. Even if he agreed with the player body, he has to support his employer.
  • _Ethereal_ - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    He can't respond to this, he works for pwi. Even if he agreed with the player body, he has to support his employer.

Not necessarily. Really depends on the company. Though even so, I assumed I wouldn't get an answer anyways lol. Just hoped on the slim chance I would.

Edit: Besides it's already been shown that all the Gm's are, are messengers. It's not like him giving a response would change anything at all. People already have strong opinions on the matter regardless of whether a gm agrees with the community or not. The only ones who decide whether a change occurs is those who control these events and the game as a whole. Thus his answer to my question would have been irrelevant. But I asked out of curiosity.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Personally i dont mind, assuming theyll take it off soon.

I wouldnt mind it staying for a few days tho >.> i know my paychecks comin in soon <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    To be honest, what I wanna know is when they're going to look at the poll on this thread and be like oh man, maybe we should worry about our players.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=497872

I'm quoting my post to try to get a reply from spoons...
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm quoting my post to try to get a reply from spoons...

"People can vote with their alts-- it does not represent a accurate portion of the player base." <--- the same thing they've been saying for a while.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And 370 something out of tens or hundreds of thousands is nothing. Their accounting sheet says people want it because they are selling lots of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol 167 pages of QQing and still counting. I feel for whomever has to read through this all. If people feel this strongly abut a subject, some action should be taken right?
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    "People can vote with their alts-- it does not represent a accurate portion of the player base." <--- the same thing they've been saying for a while.

Oh >.>
    And 370 something out of tens or hundreds of thousands is nothing. Their accounting sheet says people want it because they are selling lots of them.

pwi's pocket's are saying people want it too b:lipcurl
  • Ottogi - Lost City
    Ottogi - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Obviously you guys need more money, what can we do as players to help the game continue? There must be a way to get the revenue you need without creating such an enormous gap between cashshoppers and non.

The thing is, you've eaten everyones money. Once the anniversary packs go away people WILL NOT spend as much on the game for a while. There's nothing you can do about that. Bringing the anni packs back is a temporary solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Oh >.>

pwi's pocket's are saying people want it too b:lipcurl

Which, btw, I find kind of funny because I didn't think about voting with my alts (or main, for that matter) until they mentioned it.
  • Paytah - Lost City
    Paytah - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    first off ill start by saying that i hate these anniversary packs just as much as the rest of you. the difference with me is im happy they are doing these packs. if you think about it they probably have their developers working overtime on the upcoming tideborn expansion and thus need to pay them time and a half(im in Canada thats how it works here. not sure bout U.S.) and if they work enough then they even have to pay them double time (again im basing this on Canada) with out these anniversary packs they would probably not have the necessary funds to pay there developers so much overtime. and thus we would not be getting the tideborn as soon as we are. so stop with the flaming and accept that the anni packs are probably necessary for the expansion. you can have the anni packs and the tideborn this year or not have the anni packs and probably wait a few more months
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Obviously you guys need more money, what can we do as players to help the game continue? There must be a way to get the revenue you need without creating such an enormous gap between cashshoppers and non.

The thing is, you've eaten everyones money. Once the anniversary packs go away people WILL NOT spend as much on the game for a while. There's nothing you can do about that. Bringing the anni packs back is a temporary solution.

b:dirty I think I love you.
    Which, btw, I find kind of funny because I didn't think about voting with my alts (or main, for that matter) until they mentioned it.

Haha, me too. I'm considering doing it.

first off ill start by saying that i hate these anniversary packs just as much as the rest of you. the difference with me is im happy they are doing these packs. if you think about it they probably have their developers working overtime on the upcoming tideborn expansion and thus need to pay them time and a half(im in Canada thats how it works here. not sure bout U.S.) and if they work enough then they even have to pay them double time (again im basing this on Canada) with out these anniversary packs they would probably not have the necessary funds to pay there developers so much overtime. and thus we would not be getting the tideborn as soon as we are. so stop with the flaming and accept that the anni packs are probably necessary for the expansion. you can have the anni packs and the tideborn this year or not have the anni packs and probably wait a few more months

They're working so hard for the game they're ruining. If they use anni packs as a way to fund their expansion, they wont have many people left to play it.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    (im in Canada thats how it works here. not sure bout U.S.)

The Developers are in China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DevilLala - Lost City
    DevilLala - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    "Sigh" Why did they bring back those annoying packs, all they do is making it suck to be a non cash user since gold prices become way too high. Buying gold ingame = watching you're coins running away from you're pocket really fast b:infuriated
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    "Sigh" Why did they bring back those annoying packs, all they do is making it suck to be a non cash user since gold prices become way too high. Buying gold ingame = watching you're coins running away from you're pocket really fast b:infuriated

Nah

buying gold ingame = watching your coins running away into someone else's pocket really fast and watching their real life money running into pwi's pockets
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

PWE hasn't offered anything other than a temporary solution to any problem, ever. There are no permanent fixes. It's like when you go into your living room and you see something you should pick up and you kick it under the couch and it goes away for a while.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    PWE hasn't offered anything other than a temporary solution to any problem, ever. There are no permanent fixes. It's like when you go into your living room and you see something you should pick up and you kick it under the couch and it goes away for a while.

b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • rayne36
    rayne36 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    To repair the damage these packs have caused to the game, and to reduce the price of Gold back to a reasonable amount, (it was 200,000 when I started playing and stayed that way until they permanently reduced the price of mounts), it would take the effort of EVERY player.

Everyone would have to reduce prices in their consignment shops, everyone would have to make the endgame content more accessible. There is a grotesque amount of elitism in this game, and what the elitists seem to fail to recognize is that if you want good players who know what they are doing and are well equipped, you need to help them. Answer their questions, run them through a few dungeons, help them with character building tips and so on.

These anniversary packs have simply promoted elitism to the 9th degree, and allowed players to buy their way to the top. No work, no real effort. It's sad but true, and it will continue to be a sad fact until people outside of this forum start waking up to these truths. The people in this forum consist mainly of people who have worked for their characters and enjoyed what the game is. There are probably thousands of players who don't read the forums, or simply don't post on them, and are perfectly content to leave the rest of us to rot until we waste as much time as they do feeding their egos with PK and level 90+ characters.

Personally I don't feel like have a 100,000,000+ bank account, 500 tele acoustics and a PK score over 5000 (9000? HAHA!). I have a life, a desire to have fun with a game instead of making it my life, and A GIRLFRIEND. (Wow, novel idea on that last note. HUMAN COMPANIONSHIP FOR THE WIN)

I think one of the worst parts of this game, movement speed aside, is the fact that it allows microtransactions. That alone breeds ignorance
This discussion has been closed.