Rising Tide Preview: Public Quests

Options

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure that I see the part of this preview that says "clerics, you must heal everyone!" We'll have to wait and see I guess.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Clerics DD.

And it sounds great. Can't wait^^
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Maybe they can make magical hammers for the magic users. I know several clerics who would love that lol! Cleric smash! Hiya vix! b:bye
  • Vi_zexion - Sanctuary
    Vi_zexion - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Will this public quests show on the find quest feature?
    In the end all that remains are the good memories you had with them.
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ohhhhh well this could be fun... b:laugh
    its gona be absolute chaos but still fun ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Will this public quests show on the find quest feature?

I would hope so, we'll be answering more questions related to this content when we get closer to the release date.
  • OhnO - Dreamweaver
    OhnO - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I believe we're mistreated as it is, saving ppl all the time gets no thanks for it, noone wait for our mana to regain even if we're on remz.
    it seems like ppl except evey cleric to be charmed
  • OhnO - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I believe we're mistreated as it is, saving ppl all the time gets no thanks for it, noone wait for our mana to regain even if we're on remz.
    it seems like ppl except evey cleric to be charmed

oops, missed the whole new page of answers, sorry xP
    and yes spoon, we have to heal, and i sure hope u get in a reward for that.
    and yes, we're capable of much more, but ppl tend to forget we're not charmed as i mentioned above, so all our mana would go to healing
  • darkangel8wife
    darkangel8wife Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:surrender surrender with new classes. . . but barbs and clerics. . . b:laugh best4everb:victory
  • OhnO - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:surrender surrender with new classes. . . but barbs and clerics. . . b:laugh best4everb:victory

<<< sure is interested in the new classes but i'll prolly stick to playing a cleric
  • Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary
    Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    cleric for one, but what about barbs?! don't anyone think about us meat shields that draw all the aggro but have the lowest damage out put in game? also, with only one ranged skill, we'll just constantly get ksed by everyone else, just like in legion attacks and wraith wars and what not.

it's really obvious that we will have the lowest mob kills as our damage and attack speed is low. also, we'll be inflicting the least amount of damage on bosses also.

we already have the crappiest character modification options. our running cost is already one of the highest in the game and now this?
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol i can just imagine the amount of PK thats gona happen on these questb:laugh
    Quit.
  • Elvarin - Dreamweaver
    Elvarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hmmm... maybe PK will be free against the competition in these quests? Like say getting no bad karma or being able to kill your competition even in PvM servers. That would make it a bit interesting, but IMO not all of these quests should be like that, or it'll definitely nerf some of the classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Before everyone gets all worked up...The preview says "contribution", not kills. Although I'm sure sometimes it will be kills, other times it might be something else, such as farming something, that's...then based on how fast a flyer/mount you have. No way to really be equal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • OhnO - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    it's really obvious that we will have the lowest mob kills as our damage and attack speed is low. also, we'll be inflicting the least amount of damage on bosses also.

we already have the crappiest character modification options. our running cost is already one of the highest in the game and now this?

yeah, i know how bad it is for barbs as well, if it's counted on kills, it would mainly be Wizzards, Archers, Venos and Blademasters, leaving tanks and priests to the bottom, but then again, isn't that just like in all the instances, a must have but no thanks or what so ever, even if we're the ones keeping everyone safe. Just burning all our money and time on herbs-hunting to even be able to do as much as we do in there.
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I predict bugs........

lots and lots of bugs
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    these quests make me laugh b/c i know how its gonna end
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    PWI doesn't have such a great track record with rankings and boards. b:scorn

Anywho, sounds like it could be a fun idea. Looking forward to it.
    hai2u
  • mtsthelens
    mtsthelens Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would hope so, we'll be answering more questions related to this content when we get closer to the release date.

Awesome.......

However my only question is.......

WHEN IS RISING TIDE GOING TO BE RELEASED?!?!?! XD

Ok sugar rush there

Back to normal
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    this'll be like iRO's 'seal quests' where the community has to work together to get them open. theres 4 different ones, that inturn give nice rewards and weapons. at the end when the 4th seal is finally broken, guilds can compete to make a nice end game gear only tradeable within the guild. it was a nice thing i hope we can find a similar situation going on here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    As you might have guessed, contribution means how much you have done in a quest. The contribution value is based on your monster kills, quest items collections, and damage inflicted to the boss, etc.

Hmmm,
    monster kills.....nope dont kill fast enough.
    quest item collections....hmm, KSed too easily (if we talking mob drops).
    damage inflicted to boss....

Hmmm, ok...barbs and clerics unite. We form squads of 3 barbs and 3 clerics. b:chuckle and take turns DDing and tanking or healing? b:laugh
    I predict bugs........

lots and lots of bugs
    Yep, as do I.
    Other than that......it might actually be fun....maybe
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Great, except for us clerics of course, that will be busy by healing all those ppl out there, what will we earn for keeping ppl alive, in a system like that, all i can see is moneyloss for us.

I hear you on this. I have notice recently whit the Bounty Hunter that the system seem to give more items in random distribution to player that do more damage. Meaning that has a cleric I get almost no drop. This game Random is really strange. But to get to the point, it seem all cleric are good for is to drain mp and money from players pocket. Well I can't blame the creator to want some cash for there work. But basing the Exp reward on damage is just none sense.

Since a cleric is most likely to not do damage on the boss. I should be very little exp reward difference to make it fair.

You could have a simple programing to determine if the cleric was healing more or doing damage more. And base the reward on the number of spell cast. Making the cleric bonus appropriate.

You could set Exp for the quest and have a Bonus exp from the boss that is the same for the whole group.

I don't think cleric are the only class whit problem here. Well Probably in that system Archer would steal most of the exp, followed by wizard, then venomancer depending on there pet.

The idea of making a party quest is great. Basing it on the contribution is also great. But Damage for exp..... Let's get real. it's not fair for any class.

One way it could be fair is to have each player perform some action. So every one in the team does almost the same work. Then have a boss for extra exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    To help with the cleric's issue perhaps we could join squads and then the damage, collections, ect would count toward everyone in the squad? But a cleric doing the most damage to a boss? No way, whomever does the most damage pulls aggro and I cannot see myself tanking a boss even 30 levels below me. Seriously. 0_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lots and lots of bugs......and further reasons to ignore the current ones.

How about we create an expansion pack that fixes all the current bugs? :O I would hand over my mastercard for that!

PWI is already struggling with leaderboards with Levels and PK Counts enough as it is. What is going to convince us they will keep on top of this?

All this money.....and your company cant hire more people to manage the website/forums/servers? Or fix year old bugs that are simple and relatively quick?

This 'news' that comes out in the midst of Anni Pack Rage is not good enough to quiet down the throngs of individuals rioting in the servers. Sorry spoons, I know you are just doing your job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Geez you all should spend more time qqing about the anniversary packs and less time crying that PW has in effect, stolen one of the primary selling points from a certain 10,000 lb War guerrilla that was said to be the PW killer long before that other korean game came out (those that remember open beta qqing will know what i'm talking about).

Being that they didn't even change the name of the system as compared to the other game, I can assure you that as a healer in the original public quest games I consistently scored 2nd to 3rd place in every public quest competition I entered. Usually tanks would score first if you believe it or not. I really wouldn't be surprised if they completely bring over the same system that including healing of party members and tanking of damage as equivalent to DD. Also a lot of you are confusing the quest items collected as mob drops when it's going to be interactive environment items that you have to dig without getting interrupted. Also they might include the handicap system from the other game where people who went through multiple cycles of the same public quest without getting a chest would get bonus points towards their score the next time around.

And the part about players gaining the feeling that they are interacting with an ever changing world.. that's because if you and other parties manage to succeed in completing the set goal for stage 1, the entire area around you changes with new mobs spawning, new items to pick up, new bosses appearing, even graphical land animation going wild.

Honestly if PW incorporates this well without too many bugs, this is going to be their greatest expansion by far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its not like there is a magical fix to every bug in the world, its kind of ignorant to think there is :|.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • llorelei
    llorelei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This will cause more probs than any I can see. In order for the cleric to get any good xp out of it she/he will have to do mostly DD which leaves the Barb/BM having to survive on charms.b:angryb:shockedb:surrender
  • Asila - Lost City
    Asila - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    *rerolling to metal mageb:laugh
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you guys realise clerics are gonna get pissed if they are only allowed to heal rightb:chuckle
    finally an event thats gonna make clerics quit the healing and kill on sightb:pleased
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    thats never gonna happen RezzErection b:bye
    people will be too busy farming money and xp