Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    PWE hasn't offered anything other than a temporary solution to any problem, ever. There are no permanent fixes. It's like when you go into your living room and you see something you should pick up and you kick it under the couch and it goes away for a while.

.......... Mhmmm, well they do need the sales.. But I'm kind of mad at PWI because when Anniversary's came out, I thought they'd be gone after a month. Next thing I know? Their back. A ton of my friends quit and its a mess...

But that does NOT mean I "hate" or "dislike" PWI. Going to stick with PWI no matter what happens. So... That comment with the kicking under the couch and all... WRONG! PWI will make changes, I trust them b:cute
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The thing I dislike most about this whole event.

Is that this thread was started for us to discuss the AnniPax.

Then, any threads regarding AnniPax have been closed.

And the posters have been redirected here.

So, we try to abide by what our mods and GM's have told us.

And post our opinions about the AnniPax here.

And in return, we get limited responses.

We're told that we don't "accurately represent the PWI community".

Because only a small percent of players actually post here.

And, that we may be contaminating the pool by posting with multiple posts, alts, etc.

So we're funneled here, where we get discredited as insignificant and deceptive.

Now I know the GM's and mods are doing their jobs.

And trying to keep the peace.

And I'm sympathetic to them for it.

Because they are displaying incredible loyalty and should be commended for it.

But how are we as the players supposed to receive this without becoming upset?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I've lost faith in PWE, when they show me they can listen to what the people have to say and make an effort to improve things maybe then I would trust them.

And it's not just the anniversary packs, there were problems before. We have been asking for bug fixes, I mean, how long has RB been bugged? But nope, they never fixed that bug along with a very long list of others.

People were already unhappy with how the game was before the packs came out.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    .......... Mhmmm, well they do need the sales.. But I'm kind of mad at PWI because when Anniversary's came out, I thought they'd be gone after a month. Next thing I know? Their back. A ton of my friends quit and its a mess...

But that does NOT mean I "hate" or "dislike" PWI. Going to stick with PWI no matter what happens. So... That comment with the kicking under the couch and all... WRONG! PWI will make changes, I trust them b:cute

Because they have before, right?

The JJ event was proven a fail a while back-- they're trying it /again/ as a money sink.

The sales were proven to raise gold prices-- they kept giving out sales, and hoping that prices would fix themselves. (kicking it under the couch)

Anni packs were met with extreme dislike-- they're back for the 2nd/3rd time.

It doesn't seem like PWE as a company knows how to fix things well. But then again, I might be wrong.

And bugs. Almost forgot them. Bugs. >>
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    One easy way would be recognizing that I am chiefly responsible for gathering information in this thread, so every time someone posts somewhere else it takes away my time from reading posts from players who have followed our request and posted here.

When I said that this thread was not necessarily a representative sample from all users, it was in direct response to someone who stated that "the majority" of players disliked the pack, and it was to clarify that statement. Please try to read my responses in context, I know it's difficult because I have to do it too.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    rayne36 wrote: »
    I have a life, a desire to have fun with a game instead of making it my life, and A GIRLFRIEND. (Wow, novel idea on that last note. HUMAN COMPANIONSHIP FOR THE WIN)

I used to play this game with my fiance, several friends, and my sister. Most of which rarely, if ever, in some cases, play this game anymore. Used to be, I could log in, see someone online, and chat with them. It was our primary method of contacting each other for a time. Now, as we all have stopped playing this game as much, we've moved onto other things, but not together... This was pretty much one of the few areas our interests overlapped. One friend is busy with his family, so he really can't go hanging out, some, who used to play this during school, instead find other ways to occupy their times. Another decided to fill his days with sleep, since he really had nothing better to do, since none of the other friends would be available when he was awake. Perfect World used to be our link, which we'd use when we couldn't be physically together, which, with our busy schedules, was a Godsend. But now, since the game no longer appeals to us, we've started to drift apart. I know, it's kinda pathetic, really, to think that an online game could mess with real life friendships, but here I am, seeing it happen. And the reason is pretty clear.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    Homaru - Harshlands Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The thing I dislike most about this whole event.

Is that this thread was started for us to discuss the AnniPax.

Then, any threads regarding AnniPax have been closed.

And the posters have been redirected here.

So, we try to abide by what our mods and GM's have told us.

And post our opinions about the AnniPax here.

And in return, we get limited responses.

We're told that we don't "accurately represent the PWI community".

Because only a small percent of players actually post here.

And, that we may be contaminating the pool by posting with multiple posts, alts, etc.

So we're funneled here, where we get discredited as insignificant and deceptive.

Now I know the GM's and mods are doing their jobs.

And trying to keep the peace.

And I'm sympathetic to them for it.

Because they are displaying incredible loyalty and should be commended for it.

But how are we as the players supposed to receive this without becoming upset?

QFT times 10 billiion
    b:bye
    edited November 2009
    One easy way would be recognizing that I am chiefly responsible for gathering information in this thread, so every time someone posts somewhere else it takes away my time from reading posts from players who have followed our request and posted here.

When I said that this thread was not necessarily a representative sample from all users, it was in direct response to someone who stated that "the majority" of players disliked the pack, and it was to clarify that statement. Please try to read my responses in context, I know it's difficult because I have to do it too.
    Like I've said before, if a company wants to see how their consumers feel about a product they don't run out and ask every single consumer how they feel about it. That is physically and financially impossible. So they get a small portion of the consumers that they feel can accurately represent the consumer base and get their opinions. They would then use the opinions of that small portion to determine how everyone feels about their product. If 75% of the small portion of people they asked liked it, then they judge that 75% of the entire consumer base likes it.

Now we might not be the ideal representative sample at all, but if an overwhelming majority of forum users are against the anniversary packs then I believe that the majority of ALL users are against them. If 90-95% of forum users are against these packs, then I think it is safe to say that at least 51% of all users are against the packs.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Like I said, you're latching onto one statement I made and taking it out of context, what I said was in direct reply to a player post. I never said that I expect the majority of players to post here.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Like I've said before, if a company wants to see how their consumers feel about a product they don't run out and ask every single consumer how they feel about it. That is physically and financially impossible. So they get a small portion of the consumers that they feel can accurately represent the consumer base and get their opinions. They would then use the opinions of that small portion to determine how everyone feels about their product. If 75% of the small portion of people they asked liked it, then they judge that 75% of the entire consumer base likes it.

Now we might not be the ideal representative sample at all, but if an overwhelming majority of forum users are against the anniversary packs then I believe that the majority of ALL users are against them. If 90-95% of forum users are against these packs, then I think it is safe to say that at least 51% of all users are against the packs.

I agree.
    The forum is a more accurate representation of our satisfaction than your finance sheets.
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Since when do they really care about our opinions anyway?
    This thread is just a convenient consolidation of all our 'feedback' so they can sugar coat all of you in the same thread with words of assurance.
    Ultimately as we have all seen, none of the really important issues were ever directly fixed or addressed sufficiently. Its always a new issue that comes up and then some people forget about the old ones.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Since when do they really care about our opinions anyway?
    This thread is just a convenient consolidation of all our 'feedback' so they can sugar coat all of you in the same thread with words of assurance.
    Ultimately as we have all seen, none of the really important issues were ever directly fixed or addressed sufficiently. Its always a new issue that comes up and then some people forget about the old ones.

yeah, come to think of it since they've come out with anni packs, I haven't heard much nix QQ'ing
    but this could just be because no one can afford one anymore
  • dydrial
    dydrial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009

You said that as if it's likely that a majority of players like the anni packs. Yet if that were true, would we not see their support reflected in these forums, drowning out the vast number of complaints? I have seen occasions where people happily speak up for something they enjoy, and yes, some have spoken up in favor of the packs.

But the majority?

No, sir, they are not happy. You cannot twist and bend words and percentages to distract from that in any way. And they have done their best to make this known, time and again. First in September, then in October, and finally, now.

Spoons, I understand you have a difficult job playing mediator between the masses and your bosses. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes at all. But please try not to make light of the hundreds of opinions that have been stated here. If you don't believe forums, just look at world chat. Or common chat in West Arch after the packs went back on sale. Be honest enough to say that because big spenders enjoy the packs, PWI will continue to cater to them and overlook the majority who don't spend half their paycheck on what is supposedly a free game.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    dydrial wrote: »
    Spoons, I understand you have a difficult job playing mediator between the masses and your bosses. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes at all. But please try not to make light of the hundreds of opinions that have been stated here. If you don't believe forums, just look at world chat. Or common chat in West Arch after the packs went back on sale. Be honest enough to say that because big spenders enjoy the packs, PWI will continue to cater to them and overlook the majority who don't spend half their paycheck on what is supposedly a free game.

I feel like all I"m saying is QFT but...

QFT.
    edited November 2009
    Like I said, you're latching onto one statement I made and taking it out of context, what I said was in direct reply to a player post. I never said that I expect the majority of players to post here.
    Did you even read what I posted? I never once said that we were the majority, or that you expected the majority to.

I am saying that we REPRESENT the player base
  • Ottogi - Lost City
    Ottogi - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There's a lot of pages to read, so maybe I've missed something. But almost everyone posting here hates the packs, and I've not read any sound reasoning for why the packs would be re-released for a third time.

If the reasoning is because people are buying them, so obviously people want them, then lets go ahead and make them a permanent part of the boutique, so I can get on with my life of trying desperately to keep up with the economy.

Whoa, run-on sentence ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    People buy "addictive substances made illegal by the government", therefore, "addictive substances made illegal by the government" = good according to the "people are buying them so obviously people want them" idea

edited to remove drug references...
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    There's a lot of pages to read, so maybe I've missed something. But almost everyone posting here hates the packs, and I've not read any sound reasoning for why the packs would be re-released for a third time.

If the reasoning is because people are buying them, so obviously people want them, then lets go ahead and make them a permanent part of the boutique, so I can get on with my life of trying desperately to keep up with the economy.

Whoa, run-on sentence ftw.

They wont make them permanent because most of the population would leave. Pretending that they're going away and just bring them back "by popular demand" is much better.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Spoons already said that this isn't a "third release".

Them being taken out was an accident/mistake.

Which just makes me wonder.

What part of November will they be removed then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009

I don't even understand how the packs being removed from the cash shop can be an accident/mistake.

If you set a date for them to disappear and they disappear and then they realize they're not making enough money so they bring them back. That shouldn't be called oh whoops we didn't mean to remove them like we promised

its basically, oh we like money, so we're gonna keep them in until you all run out
    edited November 2009

They will be removed in November 2010
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ***....despairing....***

i dont think they will be. and IF, big if, they are, there is sure to be something else done to snafu things things just as soon as things begin to regain a semblance of balance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I really hope they are removed.

And not made permanent.

That like defeats the whole purpose of the game if they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meatron
    meatron Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    please tel me the anni packs are not permenant b:sad
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    I really hope they are removed.

And not made permanent.

That like defeats the whole purpose of the game if they are.

The sad thing is, I doubt they care. Income > Purpose
    meatron wrote: »
    please tel me the anni packs are not permenant b:sad

There is no way to verify. If they are, they'll just have another "mistake" next month.
  • EsquireFox - Dreamweaver
    EsquireFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I started playing only a while ago, so I have not seen how the game was without the packs. But from the sounds of it, coins had a lot more value and you could buy gold in the auction for 200-250kish which kept the prices of cash shop items low. Less time to afford the same items, that sounds a lot more fun than trying to fill the coin gap from the inflation caused by these packs.

As a new player, these packs are certainly not a plus for me. They are like a wrecking ball, smashing through the economy. b:surrender
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    I started playing only a while ago, so I have not seen how the game was without the packs. But from the sounds of it, coins had a lot more value and you could buy gold in the auction for 200-250kish which kept the prices of cash shop items low. Less time to afford the same items, that sounds a lot more fun than trying to fill the coin gap from the inflation caused by these packs.

As a new player, these packs are certainly not a plus for me. They are like a wrecking ball, smashing through the economy. b:surrender

200-200k ish hahaha

They used to be under 100k until good ol' greed kicked in
  • TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary
    TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Think of how the new players feel. There's no way to make enough in-game coin to compensate for the high rise of gold, thus making this game not free at all.
  • TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary
    TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    200-200k ish hahaha

They used to be under 100k until good ol' greed kicked in

Ah yes, the good old days. I actually remember people complaining when gold hit 100k each.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Think of how the new players feel. There's no way to make enough in-game coin to compensate for the high rise of gold, thus making this game not free at all.

also the packs only have items that are useful for the people who are in or close to their end game.

new players are having to deal with inflation from packs and these packs serve no benefit for them.

lose, lose scenario
This discussion has been closed.