Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Another drop in the bucket, more pointless words to read:

1] Where was the message saying they shouldn't have been removed and/or the warning that they were coming back because it was a mistake to have removed them?

2] I hope that if they are made permanent, the game dies. At that point, every element of the game can be store bought, so there should be nothing left. The only thing keeping me in at the moment is the shadow of a promise that they will go away sometime this month. I can deal with high prices of items, a proportional cash-shopper advantage, charmlessness. No big deal, but endgame equips free IS.

3] And watch what this is doing to people: the playerbase as a whole is exasperated. Saying the same old thing over and over and over again. Some are tired of fighting; some have left already. Some people are staying in hopes that they will just be left alone sometime in the future--because the game itself is fun and addicting. But I'm starting to believe the people who think this is all a last ditch attempt to get as much money as possible before a rather large [self induced] implosion.

Major fixes are needed. The game is crumbling.
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Oh, I've read that before posting, but wasn't talking about this add/remove pack situation, was talking about the whole thing (sorry for not being clearer)...
    Call me San.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Before the packs came out I usually had about 20-30 people on my friends list online at a time, and about 100+ people total on it.

Now? Well today the most I think I've had at one point is 3, and of the 100+ I knew, I'd say about 80-85% of them quit.

People are quitting, that is a fact

Last january, before any thing of relevance, and when gold was still 100k-150k, I had dozens of people on my FL. By summer time that number had gone down to about half a dozen.
    The people that helped me do my FB39 quit before new year..
    The people on the first faction I joined, most had quited by March.
    The person that introduced me to this game quited right after last years Halloween event...

Currently my FL shows around 20-30 people at any given time. I have lots lots of people on my list, and I have gain lots of people on my list.

People quit, people join the server, life goes on. That is also a fact.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1] Where was the message saying they shouldn't have been removed and/or the warning that they were coming back because it was a mistake to have removed them?

Like I posted earlier and Jazmin has been re-posting since... http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5149452&postcount=1482
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yes of course people always quit. I don't think anyone who I was friends with back in august during open beta is still around. But rather than a handful of people I know quitting over a long period of time as was happenning up until the release of the packs, a VERY large portion of people I knew quit over a very SHORT period of time once packs were released.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Like I posted earlier and Jazmin has been re-posting since... http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5149452&postcount=1482

Eh sorry, I was unclear. I saw that message--my point was there should have been one RIGHT after packs were removed, saying "Hey we made a mistake, expect them back". I think a lot of the uproar could have been avoided that way.
    edited November 2009
    Yes of course people always quit. I don't think anyone who I was friends with back in august during open beta is still around. But rather than a handful of people I know quitting over a long period of time as was happenning up until the release of the packs, a VERY large portion of people I knew quit over a very SHORT period of time once packs were released.

Nobody on my FL quit because of the packs.

Guess we should make a disclaimer "experiences may be different for different people during game play".
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Eh sorry, I was unclear. I saw that message--my point was there should have been one RIGHT after packs were removed, saying "Hey we made a mistake, expect them back". I think a lot of the uproar could have been avoided that way.

Okay, I understand that and agree. The question is, Spoons is just the Community Manager, was he informed that they were mistakenly removed until they were readded?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Okay, I understand that and agree. The question is, Spoons is just the Community Manager, was he informed that they were mistakenly removed until they were readded?

I think he didnt know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I wasn't here for the daylight savings maintenance so I unfortunately was not aware, my apologiesb:victory
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    That's what I thought, thank you Spoons. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Well in that case, thanks for notifying us as soon as you could. Now time to sit it out and wait for them to disappear again b:surrender
  • buii
    buii Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    is stupid ... 160 pages of complaints and will continue to rise ... is incredible ... GMs might not understand? nobody wants to continue the aniversary pack!!
    I hope any conscientious GM read this and understand that not everyone can buy gold with real money. while continuing the aniversary but packs more people stop playing
    b:surrender b:sad
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    buii wrote: »
    is stupid ... 160 pages of complaints and will continue to rise ... is incredible ... GMs might not understand? nobody wants to continue the aniversary pack!!
    I hope any conscientious GM read this and understand that not everyone can buy gold with real money. while continuing the aniversary but packs more people stop playing

Its not the GMs' fault, its the dev's fault -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009

When you say nobody, do you mean the 95% of the community that does not post in the forums so we have no idea how they feel, or you talking about the very small vocal minority that actualy posts?

Don't confuse the two.
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    When you say nobody, do you mean the 95% of the community that does not post in the forums so we have no idea how they feel, or you talking about the very small vocal minority that actualy posts?

Lol

I still remember my ingame friend telling to my brother "What? The game has a forum?"

Priceless XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • remorhaz
    remorhaz Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    saying that
    buii wrote:
    nobody wants to continue the aniversary pack!!
    is
    buii wrote:
    is stupid
    a quick look at wc will show you that peeps still want it, not sayin i agree but making dumb statements like "nobody wants it" is prolly why the gms are ignoring you.

i dont want the packs because i want something to play for, i aint gonna grind my life away for something i can just buy. but I WANT to grind my life away, they just kinda screwed up my goal is all. like the others, gonna wait til the xpack to see how this plays out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    remorhaz wrote: »
    a quick look at wc will show you that peeps still do not want it

fixed that for you.
  • remorhaz
    edited November 2009
    well they gagged duke, but that doesnt mean people aren't buying, unless maybe you know what's being bought. if so please tell us or stfu with assuming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buii
    edited November 2009
    wait ... wait ... You will be in pw asking each person if you want the aniversary pack? I assure you that none of your friends want aniversary pack... I assure you that neither you want the aniversary pack... at least you buy with real money, ... then ... you want them? why?
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    _Lyra - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Here's an idea that would actually benefit everyone. Make anniversary packs only purchasable with zhen (remember 100 zhen = 1 gold). People that want them will have to spend RL cash, and since its removed from cash shop gold prices will go back down.

Devs make more money, gold is cheaper. What do you think?
  • remorhaz
    edited November 2009
    cool story bro but read wat i wrote. if i buy these and get my gear i have no reason to play, but i want a reason to play.

tell me, they would keep these in if nobody was buying? really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    wait ... wait ... You will be in pw asking each person if you want the aniversary pack? I assure you that none of your friends want aniversary pack... I assure you that neither you want the aniversary pack... at least you buy with real money, ... then ... you want them? why?

As much as I am sure your friends are important to you, I can assure you that they do not make up the majority of the player base of this game.

We are just pointing out that generic statements like what you made do not help the rest of us that are trying to convey the point that the packs are not a good idea. To be honest about what we post, we can only talk about OUR opinions, and not about what our friends think, since that is just rumours and hearsay, which will get dismissed as such. My friends are free to post their own opinion on this forums.
  • remorhaz
    edited November 2009
    let im go jaz he knows every player in the game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Jazmin if you are going to keep using that word please start using the right one. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hearsay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    remorhaz wrote: »
    cool story bro but read wat i wrote. if i buy these and get my gear i have no reason to play, but i want a reason to play.

tell me, they would keep these in if nobody was buying? really?

You want a reason to play, dont buy them -.-'

But there's people that dont want to farm for the endgame gears so they buy the packs -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • remorhaz
    edited November 2009
    You want a reason to play, dont buy them -.-'

But there's people that dont want to farm for the endgame gears so they buy the packs -.-'
    ty for payin attention, u got it right!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Jazmin if you are going to keep using that word please start using the right one. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hearsay

Thank you. Corrections being made.

PS - To the Devs, can we please get a spellchecker in the forums? TY
  • buii
    edited November 2009
    asks you if you wanted them not your friends ... Do not evade me .. anwers me pls ... you want the aniversary pack? why?
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Here's an idea that would actually benefit everyone. Make anniversary packs only purchasable with zhen (remember 100 zhen = 1 gold). People that want them will have to spend RL cash, and since its removed from cash shop gold prices will go back down.

Devs make more money, gold is cheaper. What do you think?

There are players that spend in game coin to buy gold to buy Annipacks with, some of them are in my own faction. Doesn't seem very fair to leave them high and dry.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.