Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The silent GM's need to speak up and give us some information.
  • RMCaztek - Dreamweaver
    RMCaztek - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    so the packs are back again. Why?
    i've seen many complains about the gold prizes in the game. I've seen many people quit the game cause of this event. And Im still finding myself trying to stay motivated to play.

I've been able to get [removed] players into this game sinse it was free and better than [removed] in my eyes. They were able to get to 30+ within a week. Now, they left cause anniversary packs made it hard for them to get 500k for one gold. they cant put money in the game like others. Well i can tell ya, if these packs keep comming back like this the prizes wont go down the way u used to pay for them like 3 months ago.

enough talk
    all im trying to say is:
    keep the packs in >> loose players
    get em out >> keep players.

anyway
    im gonna stick here, see how it goes, but i wont try to get ppl in no more. till this whole thing is over

my opinion
    The silent GM's need to speak up and give us some information.

agreed
    My brain is not damaged.. just in need of some repair
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This is a PRIME example of the lack of communication between the GM's and us.

I am not a fan of the packs, but hey, I understand it's a F2P game and you guys got to make money somehow.

The thing that really gets under my skin though is the fact that you guys do not communicate with us...

Would it really be THAT hard to say "hey guys, we are sorry that the packs were added back, this wasnt the plan and they will be removed as soon as we can get to it"

or in the case it was the other way,

"Hey guys, the packs werent supposed t be removed Monday night and the anni packs will be available for another week (or month or whatever)"

I know that you guys (GM's) get flogged for just opening your mouth. But there are people that just want to know whats going on. Some of us like to plan how to manage our character in the ups and downs of the game (and the economy).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toshiya
    toshiya Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They has been a lot of discontent throughout the servers about the effects of Anniversary packs. Personally, I've bought a total of 4, and got some nice things out of it. I didn't want to pursue it any further for the fear of either 1) getting swept into the charging zhen mania (sorry pwi, but im broke) or 2) endless playing in order to obtain things via in game coins.

So what are the problems we face today? for starters, the gold prices are ridiculous. I've always been very appreciative about people willing to spend real money so us broke folk can play for free. But its starting to inch more and more into the realm of, play to win. Sure you can argue all day, "I dont spend money and play fine". That's great! But how competitive do you think you really are? Call it greedy, but ive always enjoyed being able to be competitive without having to resort paying for a free game.

Another gripe? People who don't even know where lunar is located running around with lunar gear. It pains the people who've invested so much time into a game, obtaining that which was unobtainable without investing time , time which we can never again regain, being ousted by those who might have better jobs in rl or more privileged than others by a mere swipe of plastic. Sure, i'll never disagree with you that you've earned, or your parents, beneficiaries, etc, every penny you have spent. To me that is no different than getting into a top university because you parents can donate 10 million dollars to build a new wing. For the sake of fair competition things should better be left irrelevant.

Now that the mass of text is done with, I call for GMs and whoever the heck are in charge to act! I do not know if anyone in the PW is making a real asserted effort to fix any problems that the anni packs might have cause, or even if they consider this to BE a problem, let alone care.

Make the anni packs purchasable in game with in game coins! This sets a price that cannot be altered by whoever has the biggest wallets. It devalues those certain items because there will be a mad injection of them into the community. And guess what. That thing about a hope for coin sinkage made by Xarfox a while back...this can work...no this WILL work.

Hopefully the people up top might care enough to act, or maybe they wont. Either way, it's been thrown out there xD

I will add a poll to see what the people of PWI think. Remember, it isnt necessary to flame me on my suggestion, but if you feel it is imperative to do so, by all means. I couldn't care less ^^
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    TL:DR

i did however read you saying make them purchasable with in game coins.

HURRDURR THEY ALREADY ARE IT IS ARE CALLEDEDED THE AUCTION HOUSE AND YOU HAS BUY GOLD IN IT FURRR HUEERRRDD THE COINS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ok almost 11 o clock GM time soo shouldnt their be a response like coming?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Spoons is here I've seen him post at least twice.....
  • toshiya
    edited November 2009
    Options
    TL:DR

i did however read you saying make them purchasable with in game coins.

HURRDURR THEY ALREADY ARE IT IS ARE CALLEDEDED THE AUCTION HOUSE AND YOU HAS BUY GOLD IN IT FURRR HUEERRRDD THE COINS

Sorry, im not very informed in internet speal. What is TL:DR?

As for your caps locked portion of your wonderful post, again apologies if i didnt make things clear, i thought i did, but i was calling for something that cannot be altered, determined or moved by the player base. A set NPC like jolly jones where you can trade for in game coin...if that puts it in better perspective ^^
  • Nihillae - Heavens Tear
    Nihillae - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Good luck organising that one.

1% of the player base controls the economy because they are the people who have most of the money and who buy the gold. The other 99% of the population have to follow the trend because they aren't rich enough to say otherwise.

Therefore, even if these 99% of people quit, PWI would not suffer. Because the 1% of people who spent all the money in the first place would still be there with all their end-game gear, buying from the cash shop. And sadly, the 99% of players would be slowly refilled with new players coming onto the game.

New players who would never ragequit because they had no idea what PWI was like before all this.

Therefore, 99% of people could leave PWI and nothing would change.

It's probably more like 80-20, but I mostly agree with you on that point.

Unfortunately, in regards to the new players, I have to disagree. They will not replace those leaving. For evidence, I cite "other Versions" of PW. Empty starter towns. High AH gold prices. Low player population. They have had many more varieties of boxes in their CS, too.

Anyone who wants new/permanent boxes should start a thread now on voting for a new server name. Heavenweavery and Harsh City sound good to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i think that the packs should be charged at 5 gold a piece to at least sting the rich people who play
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey guys, the anniversary packs weren't supposed to get removed over the weekend, we apologize for the inconvenience. I'm not going to be addressing questions about the packs past this statement for a while, because at this point I have nothing to add to the conversation
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    voted 100k ea, atleast everyone can have a fair shot at them then :)
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lost Lands is better than Harsh City IMO

Edit: Then when will they be removed?

The announcment says November, that's a kinda broad statement. Beginning? Middle? End?

I for one was kinda happy when gold went down to only 400kea, even though that's still ridiculously high.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    About to answer the poll if u r gonna make them able to be bought in game make it 100k so that would make the gold prices go back down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I wanna change my vote i clicked without thinking QQ i want 100k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I say sell them for 100k, I've no issues with them per say. I have issues with what they've done to Gold prices.

If an NPC sells them for 100k then it should help bring gold prices to normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RMCaztek - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i think making the anni packs available with ingame coins is better BUT,
    aren't they called anniversary packs for a reason? I think that aniversary was about a month ago now. Why getting em back an make most players irritated???

EDIT: closed? That was really worth it?
  • toshiya
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I dont want to induce false hope, maybe there was some confusion.

1st off, I was the one who made that poll for my thread...which was suddenly moved into this mass conglomerate of gripes.
    2nd, im not a GM, but hopefully they will take the results of this poll to heart.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This poll was not put up by us, a mod merged another thread into this, sorry for the mixup.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    toshiya wrote: »
    I dont want to induce false hope, maybe there was some confusion.

1st off, I was the one who made that poll for my thread...which was suddenly moved into this mass conglomerate of gripes.
    2nd, im not a GM, but hopefully they will take the results of this poll to heart.
    Yea and maybe they will take the results of hundreds and thousands of posts giving feedback to heart.......
  • toshiya
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i think making the anni packs available with ingame coins is better BUT,
    aren't they called anniversary packs for a reason? I think that aniversary was about a month ago now. Why getting em back an make most players irritated???

my response was directed to the THIRD appearance to these packs, which spoon cleared up. However, i still think it is a relevant solution to the "damage" done by these packs
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    _Lyra - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If anniv packs were sold at 100 k, tokens depreciate to less than 7 k each. Ten million big notes (from excess of best luck tokens) would add even more money into the economy, not to mention every 9x having at least lunar glade, possibly warsoul (tokens of luck-> mysterious tokens). I think its a great idea as it would lower gold prices, but keep the packs themselves expensive
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well at least thanks to the little mistake past weekend I was able to buy some stuff with coin for decent prizes so thanks... Other then that I voted for the 100K option as well... At least it will drive the prizes of boutique items down again so everyone even without rl money can have nice items again without having to grind for months because of the redicules prizes... =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I want the packs gone forever. They were a bad idea to start with and they still are. That is all.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I can't allow an unofficial poll to masquerade as official, that would be highly misleading.
  • RMCaztek - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    so anyone kno when this event is gonna pass by? if its gonna be 100k each then im fine with it. still i'd like to know
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Doesn't really matter if you voice it or not, there were hundreds, no, thousands of posts made after the packs initally came out, there were thousands when they were re-introduced on October 12th. They didn't listen, they didn't care, they ignored what we had to say completely
  • donatas12
    donatas12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i think anni packs should be 200k or 300k as poll is closed and i cant wote
    edited November 2009
    Options
    4 months from now gold prices will be 700kea.

By this time next year, gold will be 1milea
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    100k Anniversary packs would end the game. Simple as.

First of all, Tokens of best luck are something like a 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 average I think (not sure, but around that). So that's around 5m injected into the game for every 2m spent.

If that happened I'd sit around all day spamming packs and becoming silly rich. Then I might buy out the entire contents AH for lulz and chuck everything all over arch. Then mebbe do the same thing again, oracle to 105 with the moneyz, lulz a bit more, +12 all the endgame junk I got spamming packs, solo a few wb, and quit.

Anni packs harm the game. Get rid of them asap.
This discussion has been closed.