"New Players"

Comments

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    But then all the honest <30 players would complain.

LOL? no they wont complain, they reach level 30 pretty fast. lolz
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Also, if they log on and see that the quest is for 30+ and never know that it originally was for everyone, or that it's a big deal, what will they care? It's only going on for 3 more days anyway, afaik...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I don't have any intention on hitting 30 any time soon. :|

I think the clothes should only be made available for lvl 10+. You can't wear them until lvl 10 anyway.
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The clothes have a lvl 10 requirement to wear so the quest should come at lvl 10. There is no point in awarding a character clothes they aren't going to be able to wear.

Of course I abused this a bit to get better colors so who am I to judge <_<

EDIT got ninja'd by Ixiel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009

EDIT got ninja'd by Ixiel

But I'm a pirate.
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Lol... -.-'

Me got school so I cant play that much... and i got my main char to lvl up too...

And no i didnt join in October b:angry been playing since July b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    they *were* available for only lvs10+.

at least the charm was useable for lv1 on up. it was nice to level some of my alts faster.b:pleased

just curious- why dont you want to lvl up?

I don't have any intention on hitting 30 any time soon. :|

I think the clothes should only be made available for lvl 10+. You can't wear them until lvl 10 anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    they *were* available for only lvs10+.
    What do you mean? In past events they've only been obtainable by people level 10 and above?
    just curious- why dont you want to lvl up?

I don't not want to level up, but I don't want to spend all my time racing to the cap on one character. I try to play all of my characters equally.

Also, my avatar is incorrect and has been for over a week. This character is lvl21, and has been above 10 for... quite some time.
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
    edited November 2009
    not this time. i have three bank alts, lvls 2-4, and all three of them were able to get the outfit at those levels. it was fun leveling them to 10, to see them dressed up!

What do you mean? In past events they've only been obtainable by people level 10 and above?

I don't not want to level up, but I don't want to spend all my time racing to the cap on one character. I try to play all of my characters equally.

Also, my avatar is incorrect and has been for over a week. This character is lvl21, and has been above 10 for... quite some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The pirates event clothes should be ONLY available for levels 30+

That way we wont see what happened here

ZMOG me agree with this!!
    they should do that for everything and besides this be reasonable lol.
    30 is only like 3days to 1 week of casual play.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flamex - Harshlands
    Flamex - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i would say u can get to lvl 30 in 2 days i seen 2 people in harshland that had white name on the 2nd day when harshlandsfirst came on and they should put it at lvl 30
    Im bringing SEXY backb:laugh
  • DevilDanteya - Lost City
    DevilDanteya - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    damn well i have to admit im one of the people that got banned for this. At least im assuming so cuz ive never done anything else wrong. I created about 10 accounts to do this. Sad but i had NO idea it was gonna get me banned or i would of never done it. But aside from (i guess now that i found out it is) it being bannable it is NO DIF than mindlessly farming or grinding for the purposes of making money so everyone who said its sad or pathetic or these people need to be weeded out thats wayyyy off.

also i guess i would of never have guessed it was bannable because it was for my first char that ive been playing this game for only a month about...and ive never played any type of mmo before. I finally found one that i like here, and i get banned for selling clothes.

i guess all thats left is to try to throw in there, that i will gladly give away all my money or whatever i can do to get my account and character usuable again.

Is it possible to be unbanned or is it banned for an amount of time or is being banned a permanent thing for that account??

cuz this offically blows sum nuts and wish i could go back and not do it, but i never knew it was "exploiting a glitch" or watever and thought i could just make sum money.

SO for any GM is there ANYTHING i can do (or not do ever again :) to have my account unbanned for that or is all that time invested gone (im not gonna say for sumthin silly cuz i guess its not) but i will say for sumthing i had absolutly no idea i was doing wrong :(

and just wanted to say im sorry for exploiting this glitch and being one of the people giving the GMs more work for havin to look into all the accounts people made.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's most likely a temporary ban, send in an e-mail/ticket and the GMs can give you details on when the ban will be removedb:victory
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    @Devil and anyone else who "didn't know it was bannable"

You really didn't see anything wrong with selling a free event item on 80+ characters for a profit?

if you didn't and still don't please leave
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Well seriously no..just in the sense that ill admit MAYBE alittle bit more...but its not any quicker or more worth it money wise than doing anything else in these game to make money...just wayyyy more mind numbing i made just around 2.5mil on i think 9 or 10 accounts and spent HOURS doing this...trust me it wasnt for the "quick buck"
    edited November 2009
    ok right on thank you spoons for that wasnt the answer i expected at all, but im sorry to ask again cuz i sent u a pm for it :) but since my acct was banned this acct im on now (and sent the ticket with) i dont have the password to check the email this acct is registered under. I put it in the notes to send it to my real email since it wouldnt let me change the email in reply to email box. You think they will send to the email i specified in the notes, or imma have to figure out the password to the email THIS acct (not the banned one) is registered under?
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    also i guess i would of never have guessed it was bannable because it was for my first char that ive been playing this game for only a month about...and ive never played any type of mmo before. I finally found one that i like here, and i get banned for selling clothes.

1st MMO and u made 10account just for the fun of it ? cmonb:chuckle

it takes a hell of a time to make another accounts and u CANT make a comparison with farming, cuz is like saying

i have 2 ways to make money:
    1.i earn with my job
    2.i steal for job

which do u think is the legal way ?

btw, this is ur first MMO and after a month u already found a way to exploit and get banned ? b:bye

i hope this tempBAN will make u open the eyes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ok right on thank you spoons for that wasnt the answer i expected at all, but im sorry to ask again cuz i sent u a pm for it :) but since my acct was banned this acct im on now (and sent the ticket with) i dont have the password to check the email this acct is registered under. I put it in the notes to send it to my real email since it wouldnt let me change the email in reply to email box. You think they will send to the email i specified in the notes, or imma have to figure out the password to the email THIS acct (not the banned one) is registered under?

As long as you mentioned in the e-mail that you want the response sent somewhere else it should be fine b:victory
    edited November 2009
    and now i see SPOONS' response..thank you for the answer :) ill be patient with the GMs to reply to my ticket :)
    edited November 2009
    so, is it wrong to sell the outfits before the time runs out? they are going to go poof anyway, why not sell them once you are done with them, before they are gone? if that was wrong, then why put a high NPC price on them? if they were not to be sold, the price should have been $0, like on so many other things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    @ FoxRunning...

I have no issue if people sell ONE or TWO of the overpriced items... its when people make multiple accounts and multiple toons just for the sake of selling the over priced fashion to make a profit..
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What a sad way of making 40k a pop. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    While I don't agree with making a lot of accounts to get the small amount of money, I agree with the comparison of mats.

I saw several people having outfits in cat shops and selling them for 100k or some up to 300k. I personally would pay 100k per piece to have a matching outfit for 7 days. Some ppl might not agree with that. But my point is...

Selling even your 1 and ONLY outfit in a catshop for in game money is really no different than using a few extra accounts and making a bit of money.

I got one on all my alts I already had except 2 or 3.. and made a cute matching one then traded all my other pieces to people needing colors I had. I didn't charge anything I just traded for whatever piece they had for the piece I had they needed.

However; who has time to make 20 different accounts and all those characters and such.. I'd lose my mind lols!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    37k per character.. do it 100 times. Buncha BS accounts, Buncha BS names you got 3.7 mill.

40k, plus a genie.
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As long as you mentioned in the e-mail that you want the response sent somewhere else it should be fine b:victory
    They don't always do it,

I've asked for e-mails to be sent to a different account than the one listed before and it was sent to the one listed (the one I couldn't access)
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    since they are random names i think its exploiting too. but i have many alts i use for holding items, i used those to get the pirate fash.nothing wrong with that. if u see a name like ____bank or TTholder or something like that, its probably not a new char for exploiting. my bank alts are all still lvl 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Except that this costs PWE nothing, and it messes up all the players once again, so the karma is on us the players, not the company. So in fact, they are causing the problems to themselves, by increasing the coin in game, which in turn, makes things more expensive.

Oh they are increasing coin ingame and messing up us,the players?:O I'm shocked...oh wait,pw's been doing that for 5 months xD

Doubt a few hundred even a thousand pirate trousers sold will make much of a difference now.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Doubt a few hundred even a thousand pirate trousers sold will make much of a difference now.
    couldn't agree more. gold was supposed to be 100k coin, now it's 5 times that..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gmaerboy1284
    gmaerboy1284 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    LOL ppl like you are the ones who get other players banned (tatle tales) lol
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    LOL ppl like you are the ones who get other players banned (tatle tales) lol

If they did not break the rules then they would not get banned now would they?b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91