Options

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    http://img441.imageshack.us/i/number.jpg/

And the winning number is: 79!

The ball is in your court now Saitada, just PM me the IGN of the winner so I can confirm the transaction on Monday.

Congrats to the winnar!
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Congrats to the winner!

PS. I see spoons uses firefox b:victory
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    http://img441.imageshack.us/i/number.jpg/

And the winning number is: 79!

The ball is in your court now Saitada, just PM me the IGN of the winner so I can confirm the transaction on Monday.

Congrats to the winnar!

the winner of the lottery is......

79. 0371810 - Megumisa

Congratulations!

~Saitada
  • lilyuffie
    lilyuffie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Congratulations Megumisa.
    b:cry
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Congrats Megumisa
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Saitada agreed to a ban if he tried any funny stuff right?

I do understand the concern about something like this, which is also why I did not take a key role in the process, but I don't see the harm as long as the player knows the consequences and the contest is as transparent as possible.

That said, grats again! Have a Happy Halloween folks, have a great weekend!
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Congratulations :D Enjoy your Halloween surprise XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I Frapsed myself sending the coin to Megumisa. I will be posting the fraps shortly.

Either I am lagging or glitched, I sent the coin but still have the coin showing in my inventory.

I did fraps both my sending the coin and Megumisa's confirmation of receiving the coin so i'll have that up shortly.

~Saitada

*edit* rofl, I can't count. I was seeing 3,223,297 mill in my bank but reading it as 32,232,970 mill. Need MOAR Coffee!
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This contest would only be fully transparent if mods would check server logs to confirm that that particular 28m came from players who sent the coin by mail/traded directly.

Otherwise the 28m could have come from anywhere, including from the anni investment plan I detailed last page.

The thing is no one is scammed (so avoiding said ban); just the lottery hosts walks off a lot more money then they started with, provided they had the initial capital, even after giving away the 28m.

Once again, I'm not saying this is what happened this time, but just a note for the future.

And forgive me for being cynical, but I have seen this happen before.
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    NOOO I DIDNT WIN
    ....Or enter..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    david12345 wrote: »
    This contest would only be fully transparent if mods would check server logs to confirm that that particular 28m came from players who sent the coin by mail/traded directly.

Otherwise the 28m could have come from anywhere, including from the anni investment plan I detailed last page.

The thing is no one is scammed (so avoiding said ban); just the lottery hosts walks off a lot more money then they started with, provided they had the initial capital, even after giving away the 28m.

Once again, I'm not saying this is what happened this time, but just a note for the future.

And forgive me for being cynical, but I have seen this happen before.

Actually, I am sure Eatwithspoons can easily do that or have a GM do that for him. And I would be happy to let them post those logs here. I have nothing to hide or fear from doing that or allowing that.

~Saitada
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I would like to personally thank Eatwithspoons for helping me throw this event. Without his participation I don't think the pot would have grown quite as large!

Thanks Eatwithspoons, you rock!

~Saitada
  • Megumisa - Sanctuary
    Megumisa - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well ty ^^
    i did get the coins and am happy you held this lottery :3
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well ty ^^
    i did get the coins and am happy you held this lottery :3

Your welcome Megumisa! Enjoy your winnings and Congrats again!

~Saitada
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My congrats to you! And thanks for a fun event.

There's one tiny little flaw in your plan that keeps it from being a true scam or the like. Namely, the person would need enough coin to begin with to cover their spending on the packs... which means any coin they'd gain from other players towards the event would STILL be going right back to said players.

Basically, all your "plan" does is give them a spending limit. If I have 50 mil, get 30 mil from players, and spend 30 mil (an amount I'd obviously have already had) on anni packs... then I'll STILL have 30 mil to send back to players (because it came from them) and will have merely blown my own coin. Any profit I'd make would have come out of my own pocket since I'd be sending whatever coin total went to me back to the winner.... or be permabanned for failure to deliver.
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    There's one tiny little flaw in your plan that keeps it from being a true scam or the like. Namely, the person would need enough coin to begin with to cover their spending on the packs... which means any coin they'd gain from other players towards the event would STILL be going right back to said players.

Basically, all your "plan" does is give them a spending limit. If I have 50 mil, get 30 mil from players, and spend 30 mil (an amount I'd obviously have already had) on anni packs... then I'll STILL have 30 mil to send back to players (because it came from them) and will have merely blown my own coin. Any profit I'd make would have come out of my own pocket since I'd be sending whatever coin total went to me back to the winner.... or be permabanned for failure to deliver.

Yes, but you give yourself a chance to get a rare item don't you? If you use that 28m to get packs, in the end you would end up with your starting 50m + rare + tokens. You could either pay the 28m from your pocket, keep the rare and tokens or sell the rare and end up with your starting money, tokens and left overs from the rare.

However, the chance you will fail to get said rare item is high, but this does not matter because you will still end up getting a profit from the tokens you would sell to cover your losses and perhpas even make some cash.

Basically you get 28m to throw around and profit on. The 28m will end up with the winner, the profit will end up with you. And that profit can far exceed 28m.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yes, but you give yourself a chance to get a rare item don't you? If you use that 28m to get packs, in the end you would end up with your starting 50m + rare + tokens. You could either pay the 28m from your pocket, keep the rare and tokens or sell the rare and end up with your starting money, tokens and left overs from the rare.

However, the chance you will fail to get said rare item is high, but this does not matter because you will still end up getting a profit from the tokens you would sell to cover your losses and perhpas even make some cash.

Basically you get a 28m to throw around and profit on.

Not seeing how that would be true. You start with 50 mill. Players send you 28 mill. (78 mill total) You spend 28 mill leaving you 50 mill (back where you started). You then have to send BACK to the winner 28 mill (leaving you 22 mill + your anni packs etc.. which you bought with money you already had anyway).

Your math doesn't add up.

Basically what I am saying is, if I had that amount of coin, I could do what your describing anyway. Why would I need or want to toss in a lottery that

a) costs me coin to do
    b) takes my personal time to do
    c) makes me nothing monetarily

Your plan would entail already being able to do what you suggested w/o the added headache and expense of running a lottery.

So basically, you built a strawman argument around doing something you could already do, and ending up exactly in the same place either way, with or without a lottery, except the lottery is an added expense.

/me questions your ability to reason logically.

~Saitada
  • truekossy
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Your plan would entail already being able to do what you suggested w/o the added headache and expense of running a lottery.

This pretty much sums it up.

The only way that plan could be used as a scam is if the person didn't have the funds already to cover however much they spent... in which case they'd get permabanned for not giving the coin to the winner as per agreement for GM participation.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    For those who want to see it. The fraps of me sending the winner their coin via the mail service, and then giving them a tele so they could confirm it in world chat.

This is a HD WMV file. Size is 74.6 mb

http://www.swarta.net/lotterywinner.wmv

~Saitada
  • La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Congratulations to Megumisa, the Halloween Lottery winner!

On another note: to the sad little "troll" who wanted to try and spoil this event for others. Caution in dealing with people you don't know can be a good thing. However, in THIS case you're argument is specious*, and YOU FAIL in trying to ferret out some devious plan that you imagine is from Saitada, (and then making up some pseudo-logical scenario), when all she had in mind was to have a fun event for players, during Halloween! Not everyone is dishonest, nor trying to scam people!

Saitada is a very honest person, and I can say that because I know her (him) in RL, as well as from playing in games, for over 7 years. Your pseudo-logic does not stand up under close examination.

(*specious: meaning: tending or having power to deceive; ie.a specious argument, that really does not stand up under close examination)

Maybe when you grow up your "logical" thinking will improve. One can only hope, lol ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Awwww i didnt win b:cry but Congrats Megumisa b:victory

I can only imagine the people who still think this was a scam are either scamers or have been scamed.

The other 99.999% im sure take this for what it was a fun event held by a player trying to share some fun with others .

Grats on a cool event Saitada b:victory
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Congratulations to the winner! ^^
    I was in it too with my little BM, but I didn't win, I don't even mind, it was something new and it was fun. Thank you very much for this lovely event. From my point of view, Saitada is a nice person who spend her own cash to advertise an event for us. I should've sent her 200500, since she mailed me back the lottery number. I owe you 500 coins Sai, hehe. xD
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Congratulations to the winner! ^^
    I was in it too with my little BM, but I didn't win, I don't even mind, it was something new and it was fun. Thank you very much for this lovely event. From my point of view, Saitada is a nice person who spend her own cash to advertise an event for us. I should've sent her 200500, since she mailed me back the lottery number. I owe you 500 coins Sai, hehe. xD

Naw, you don't owe me anything :-) I was honestly happy to spend my time and coin to put this event on. I got a bit frustrated at the scam/conspiracy theorists that want to see or manufacture something bad in everything when they have no evidence to support it at all....

Especially when they come up with some c0ckamamie scenario that uses pseudo logic to try and paint a devious picture over a non devious situation using convoluted thinking that leads to.. nothing.. when examined logically.

Anyway, I look forward to running another lottery on Thanksgiving (USA) or Christmas for everyone.

o/

~Saitada

p.s. And yes, I know La_Zorra in real life... She is my wife.
  • Kazuato - Sanctuary
    Kazuato - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Gratz to the winner of the lottery
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." b:cool
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Congratulations Megumisa! Hope you enjoy your Halloween bonus!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • truekossy
    edited November 2009
    Options
    She is my wife.

Finally kicked that herc out of the house, eh?
  • Triphammer - Harshlands
    Triphammer - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    What an awesome amount of coins to win! Gratz!
    ~I'd rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in~
  • Lavaetinn - Lost City
    Lavaetinn - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

*edit* rofl, I can't count. I was seeing 3,223,297 mill in my bank but reading it as 32,232,970 mill. Need MOAR Coffee!

Epic phail much? Where's the Phailboat?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Epic phail much? Where's the Phailboat?

Well, I am supposed to wear reading glasses but my set don't work well for the computer, making things harder to see sometimes. Yeah I know I am getting old. Shush! lol.

~Saitada
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Finally kicked that herc out of the house, eh?

roflmao lol yeah.

~Saitada