new player banned..:'(

Options
w1mp15hh
w1mp15hh Posts: 30 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Chronicles
b:cry well .. i came on and saw the jolly jones fella and he gave me this awesome pirate outfit... checked it out and Doh! 35k for the trousers at the npc*edit* awesome!...then i got to thinkin as a poor new player.. hey i see a business oppurtunity here.

so i filled up the rest of my character slots and yay 40k ea one heck of a deal.
but i was really close to affording this weapon and armor.. so i made a couple more accounts..-edit

wake up the next morning and im banned. (so if u were gona try this id recommend not to).. this is the first type of game like this i have played and i really enjoyed it while it lasted... i cant see making a new account now (got to lvl 46 before i did this stupid stupid thing)

but i had no idea this was bannable .. please forgive me pwi :(
Post edited by w1mp15hh on

Comments

• Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Your ban is probably not permanent, submit a support ticket apologizing and begging for mercy and maybe they'll give you a break if they think you've learned your lesson.

And yeah I can see where that would be an easy trap to fall into, lol
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    inb4lock

I really don't see the base for this ban. They set the male pants to 37k each for NPC. Which rule are we breaking by making, let's say 4 more chars on the SAME account then NPC the pants?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i sent in a ticket like 14 hours ago and nothing yet.. how long can this process take , i understand there alot of players... and i have DEFINATLY! learned my lesson :'( so scared lol

and i have a confession .. :( i made a couple of accounts... but there was nothin saying for me not to! they didnt say please limit ur ip adress to XX amount of accounts ..

downloading a new game right now ..but i really hope im not forced to play it instead
    edited October 2009
    Options
    inb4lock

I really don't see the base for this ban. They set the male pants to 37k each for NPC. Which rule are we breaking by making more chars on the SAME account then NPC the pants?

Well, in one thread Spoons said that what he did probably wouldn't be a problem unless you created multiple accounts just for this purpose...... i guess it became a problem.b:shocked
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well, in one thread Spoons said that what he did probably wouldn't be a problem unless you created multiple accounts just for this purpose...... i guess it became a problem.b:shocked

Exactly. This player only did it on the same account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009
    Options
    Exactly. This player only did it on the same account.

LOL look again at post right above mine
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    me and my friend irl both did it .. and he came over and logged on his acc so that like doubled the amount of accounts i already had on my ip... guess i shouldnt of let him play
    edited October 2009
    Options
    LOL look again at post right above mine

Got ninja eiditted... b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    but how am i suppose to know that this is illegal .. i wish they would of just said somethin instead of sorta .."jumpin the gun"... or maybe it was i who jumped :( lol it doesnt say if its temporary or perm it just says your account has been baned from perfect world.

really scared me at first because when i tried to log in it just said password incorrect..
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    and i read gm spoons post and he said they would just get suspicious of some1 who made a few accounts...so maybe they are just making sure i dont have 50 bots farming pwi gold? (i pray)..
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It sounds permanent and most would know that you are exploiting other players to make this look like it cashshop which it is not.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It sounds permanent and most would know that you are exploiting other players to make this look like it cashshop which it is not.

i dont know what u mean by, exploiting other players to make it look like it cash shop.. in this i am in now way tryin to exploit anyone i just want my account back in action .. take all the gold i scammed off i dont care just lemeee play
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Um, what? I think you're confused, read the guy's first post again. O_o
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I did and that is what it sounds to me selling each for 40k sounds to me like business plan gone bad.
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    thought i was the only one confused ty,..so anyone know how long these tickets may take? (not getting pushy take all the time u need gms!) lol im walkin on thin ice as is
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Um, what? I think you're confused, read the guy's first post again. O_o
    I did and that is what it sounds to me selling each for 40k sounds to me like business plan gone bad.

of course it went bad im banned... idk how this involved the cash shop tho
    edited October 2009
    Options

He was selling them to NPC's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i came on and saw the jolly jones fella and he gave me this awesome pirate outfit... checked it out and Doh! 35k for the trousers awesome!...then i got to thinkin as a poor new player.. hey i see a business oppurtunity here.

so i filled up the rest of my character slots and yay 40k ea one heck of a deal.
    The bold part is where it you are exploiting other player as this is not permanent and expires is six days.The quested pirate outfit that Jolly Jones gives to you.I would wait till morning for response from that ticket.
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The bold part is where it you are exploiting other player as this is not permanent and expires is six days.The quested pirate outfit that Jolly Jones gives to you.I would wait till morning for response from that ticket.

yes i just sold them to npc male leggings were 37k each for some reason, other parts were all 1k ea
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    w1mp15hh wrote: »
    yes i just sold them to npc male leggings were 37k each for some reason, other parts were all 1k ea

You didn't say that in your first post.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options

He wasn't selling them to other players. For some reason the male pants that you get from Jones sell to NPCs for 37k.

Edit: Damn forum ninjas.b:angry Meh, I assumed that you already knew that the pants sold for 37k at NPCs. There was a thread that someone made about it (it was closed though so you might have missed it).
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    He wasn't selling them to other players. For some reason the male pants that you get from Jones sell to NPCs for 37k.
    He didn't say that in his first post.
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    sorry i didnt clarify.. will edit it .. some wheres..
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    He didn't say that in his first post.

Yeah, I saw a thread about the pants selling for 37k at NPCs so I kinda figured that's what the OP meant. I assumed that someone who spends enough time on the forums to have 2k+ posts would have seen it also and made the connection. My mistake.b:surrender
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options

6 days! b:cry i hadnt a clue this was illegal :(.. why do u think 6 days?
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    w1mp15hh wrote: »
    6 days! b:cry i hadnt a clue this was illegal :(.. why do u think 6 days?

if doesnt come a date it means u were perm banned... Thats what I think.
    Best thing u can do is create a new account, make a new char nd lvl it up all over again since lvl4x doesnt take more then 2 weeks to reach if u play regularly or u can wait for the new expansion coming too xD
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    that's a normal amount of time. Please just be patient and don't submit more than one ticket. It bumps you back to the bottom of the queue.

But, honestly, common sense would tell you that you found a way to exploit the system and bring more coin into the market place which drives gold prices up higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i guess this means good bye..b:cry i had to **** a good thing up b:cry

im not turnin my badge in till i get an official response of course.. but LP got my really upset :\ b:surrenderb:bye
  • w1mp15hh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    that's a normal amount of time. Please just be patient and don't submit more than one ticket. It bumps you back to the bottom of the queue.

But, honestly, common sense would tell you that you found a way to exploit the system and bring more coin into the market place which drives gold prices up higher.

not like i looked to hard b:sad just put my cursor over the gear to see its worth ..its like they did this just to see who would go for it... why else would they only make one item worth 37k.. :(

and i highly doubt my few 100k affected anything in the slightest..
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It's true and I don't have any sympathy for someone who exploits the system and get's caught.

It's called a mistake they made in the price. Also in the future games that you play please remember to edit your posts vs double posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.